Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. (3922 Views)

Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! / LIVE Interview - The HOT Seat With DX - Guest: LUPEY / Miss Nairaland June 2013 is LUPEY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Swaggot00(m): 9:25am On Jun 08, 2013
adexsimply: But we shouldn't ignore the fact that IDOWUOGBO was a big catalyst to her success

ehn? undecided undecided undecided
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by adexsimply(m): 9:26am On Jun 08, 2013
ITbomb:
I need more explanations on this , I thought the FG had outlawed stuff like that .
lol..dirty mind
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by jeslom: 9:32am On Jun 08, 2013
smh!!! u people just dey put more weigh nd taking it too personal on dis pageant...its ova already. lifemustcontinue
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 08, 2013
Yea wel deserved victory....wat a pritty pear shaped lady... Cngrats
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by 3ace(m): 10:05am On Jun 08, 2013
bennyraz: D-ex, you can't correct that insinuation!! seun came late that was why!
Guy, I disagree. Even if Seun came early, that girl will still win. This was a different beauty contest. I commend the effort of all her campaign managers. They did well but believe me, that girl would still have won if she had no one to campaign for her. She had everything going on for her. From her physical appearance to the brilliance she displayed with the interview questions. Infact, D-explorer has said it all.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Odunharry(m): 10:19am On Jun 08, 2013
sexkillz: Lupey was not popular. This is what lupey said, after she had verified herself and no one seemed to care of her existence. . .

This lady believed in herself! Her confidence is endearing. She warned the popular girls. She warned them.

"watch ur backs"

Never ever under-rate anyone in this life. If lupey's story from Zero to Hero in just 7 days doesn't teach you that lesson, nothing else would.

Nice thread.

Congrats Lupey.

well said
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by 3ace(m): 10:34am On Jun 08, 2013
ITbomb: The 11th Lesson To Note From LUPEY:
Most people don't vote logically.
Present yourself in a variant so that each group takes what they like and vote.
The were groups that voted her because of her charity works - emotions over reason.
The were others that voted for the asz -
And some others just voted cos the name Lupey was annoyingly spam across board by idowoIgbo and u just could not ignore it - brilliant campaign.
Adaobi relied too much on her intelligence.
BTW by heart still belongs to Nikky

Well, your observations may be correct but I'm certainly not one of those people. Now that you have itemized some subjective reasons why Lupey won, could you please also itemize why you think your favourite contestant deserved the crown?
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by madamoringo(f): 11:22am On Jun 08, 2013
So where are the humongous pictures of their bodies? Can theirs be more pretty, curvier than me madam_oringo?? Whose has the link to the competition pictures??
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Cestmoi1(f): 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2013
D-Explorer:
1) Place Your Boat on the Sea, NO one would Set it Right.
She nominated herself! She was not waiting or expecting anyone to recognize and nominate her. She set her boat and she sailed.

2) Know Your Strength and Build on it.
Confidence seem to be her second name. Her reply to the question of what gives her an edge over other contestants was a reflection of how she came on board. Sometimes, we all need to flaunt our inner strength right at the face of whoever. Though, at that time, they may say you are proud, appreciate them and move on because they are not at that level yet.

3) Believe in Your Abilities.
That's right! We are made to be dynamic. Achieving success is not only confined to our areas of discipline. Break new grounds and you'd be surprise at what you could do.

5) There's more to life than "yourself."
All about life is not you! The beauty of life is the smile we put on peoples' face. No matter the situation, think more of those you're better than and how to give to them and not how much you receive. She came up with her charity works and that won some people over including their votes.

6) You Don't have to be Popular to Make an Impact.
Infact, making impact makes you popular. If you are waiting for the perfect time, you'd be disappointed, as there's nothing as perfect time! Your use of the time is what makes it perfect and as well determines the result. She came from 'no where' to win a contest! That was a rude shock and even to those that nurtured the impression or probably opted out of the contest because they were not known to other forum members. Well, she was a 'nobody' and that was my first time of seeing her moniker. Of course, she's known now, at least to those that witnessed the beauty contest.

7) For a Determined Mind, there's NO 'oga at the top'
I've been waiting for the perfect moment to correct the insinuations from the last beauty contest. Everyone believed Seun's decision to vote a candidate made her won the contest. In relation to this, how could that be corrected any better? Seun voted as usual but his candidate lost. Just a good instance, to anyone that's determined to achieve success, blocks could be bridges if you place them well.

8 ) The Secret of Winning People Over is Identifying with them.
She wore an African attire and of course that means she remembered the identity of the voters and can as well rep her root. That was a trick that paid off maybe not intentional but it has got abit of attraction.

9) Life is About what You've Done and Not what You can Do.
Oh well, she presented the pictures of her visit to an orphanage home and that placed so many voters on an emotional train. Evidence terminates arguement!

10) There's Always a Better Way to Make things Work - Just Discover Yours.
She did something different; something unusual in the contest. She combined too many tactics: from making us appreciate our culture, reminded us that life is not about "me, myself and I" and also made us get emotional at it, flexed her mental muscles alongside her beauty. What a winning combo!

Finally, after she did the right things from the beginning, votes started pouring in her direction. She was probably relaxed and smiling while people kept chanting her moniker. That's how to be a victor; doing the right things and watch them play just your way.

No doubt, she changed the face of this contest and right from here, she raised the bar for future contestants.

Celebrate the moment girl. Congratulations LUPEY!

Judge DX cheesy
nice one!
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Vicktor2015(m): 1:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
D-Explorer:
Oh well, she presented the pictures of her visit to an orphanage home and that placed so many voters on an emotional train. Evidence terminates arguement!

Life is not about what you've done in the past nor what couldn't do so far, it's about WHAT YOU STILL CAN!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by DExplorer1: 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2013
Vicktor2015: D-Explorer:

Life is not about what you've done in the past nor what couldn't do so far, it's about WHAT YOU STILL CAN!
What you still can do but not yet DONE?
I'd advise you check and edit your principles.
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by DExplorer1: 1:38pm On Jun 08, 2013
C'est moi:

nice one!
Thanks smiley
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by princesa(f): 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2013
hmm some chick named Lupey finally won.

well congrats babe!

with all they say about you, i think you deserve the win, beauty and brains!cheesy
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 08, 2013
D-Explorer:
1) Place Your Boat on the Sea, NO one would Set it Right.
She nominated herself! She was not waiting or expecting anyone to recognize and nominate her. She set her boat and she sailed.

2) Know Your Strength and Build on it.
Confidence seem to be her second name. Her reply to the question of what gives her an edge over other contestants was a reflection of how she came on board. Sometimes, we all need to flaunt our inner strength right at the face of whoever. Though, at that time, they may say you are proud, appreciate them and move on because they are not at that level yet.

3) Believe in Your Abilities.
That's right! We are made to be dynamic. Achieving success is not only confined to our areas of discipline. Break new grounds and you'd be surprise at what you could do.

5) There's more to life than "yourself."
All about life is not you! The beauty of life is the smile we put on peoples' face. No matter the situation, think more of those you're better than and how to give to them and not how much you receive. She came up with her charity works and that won some people over including their votes.

6) You Don't have to be Popular to Make an Impact.
Infact, making impact makes you popular. If you are waiting for the perfect time, you'd be disappointed, as there's nothing as perfect time! Your use of the time is what makes it perfect and as well determines the result. She came from 'no where' to win a contest! That was a rude shock and even to those that nurtured the impression or probably opted out of the contest because they were not known to other forum members. Well, she was a 'nobody' and that was my first time of seeing her moniker. Of course, she's known now, at least to those that witnessed the beauty contest.

7) For a Determined Mind, there's NO 'oga at the top'
I've been waiting for the perfect moment to correct the insinuations from the last beauty contest. Everyone believed Seun's decision to vote a candidate made her won the contest. In relation to this, how could that be corrected any better? Seun voted as usual but his candidate lost. Just a good instance, to anyone that's determined to achieve success, blocks could be bridges if you place them well.

8 ) The Secret of Winning People Over is Identifying with them.
She wore an African attire and of course that means she remembered the identity of the voters and can as well rep her root. That was a trick that paid off maybe not intentional but it has got abit of attraction.

10) There's Always a Better Way to Make things Work - Just Discover Yours.
She did something different; something unusual in the contest. She combined too many tactics: from making us appreciate our culture, reminded us that life is not about "me, myself and I" and also made us get emotional at it, flexed her mental muscles alongside her beauty. What a winning combo!

Finally, after she did the right things from the beginning, votes started pouring in her direction. She was probably relaxed and smiling while people kept chanting her moniker. That's how to be a victor; doing the right things and watch them play just your way.

No doubt, she changed the face of this contest and right from here, she raised the bar for future contestants.

Celebrate the moment girl. Congratulations LUPEY!

Judge DX cheesy
Makes sense.
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
Lupey's success shouldn't be attributed to anyone. She did her home work well and volunteers ordinarily started falling in.

Majority of the romance regulars voted against her anyway and I'd envisage that.

Congratulations to her!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by NET1(m): 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2013
Nice. I've learnt a lot from this write up - especially on the winner's confidence. Btu there's no No. 4 in this your list. is that a typo?

.NET
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by DExplorer1: 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2013
.NET:
Nice. I've learnt a lot from this write up - especially on the winner's confidence. Btu there's no No. 4 in this your list. is that a typo?

.NET
Oh yes! Didn't see it. LOL. No. 4 wasn't copied for posting. Oh my! Hahaha
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Seun(m): 7:53pm On Jun 08, 2013
Let's not get carried away by this Internet contest.
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by DExplorer1: 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2013
Seun: Let's not get carried away by this Internet contest.
Appreciating certain qualities that makes a winner is never been carried away, thought you knew!

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2013
@Op what a detailed analysis! Thumb up to u too.
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Idowuogbo(f): 8:17pm On Jun 08, 2013
Wtf?
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Idowuogbo(f): 9:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
Dondav: WTF! Lupay or whatever! Can't believe these childish contests are getting into people's head! angry
Stfu!

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by hardbody: 9:31pm On Jun 08, 2013

Oga at the top are you therefore suggesting that it is a farce? Please recall that vox populei, vox dei.. Having said that, if you do not think strongly about this 'Internet contest' perhaps it should be discontinued? But before you answer one way or the other, review the number of hits and it's implication on your trip to the bank. Cheers Seun.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Princessmel(f): 11:00pm On Jun 08, 2013
Big deal?! It's just an Internet contest for crying out loud! undecided
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Pyroclast(m): 12:21am On Jun 09, 2013
I saw the face.............and behind the face was the brain!
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by Dabss(m): 11:42am On Jun 09, 2013
Princessmel: Big deal?! It's just an Internet contest for crying out loud! undecided
indeed. But some guys here act like it's the ticket to heaven
Re: 10 Lessons To Note From LUPEY - Miss Nairaland Winner. by JohnnyPalmer: 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2013
Gr8 write up by d op, but d lupey of a gal dey assylum!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Mum Does Not Like My Girlfriend Because She's An Albino / How I Handled The Babe I Met At Bobo's Place last Saturday / Funny pictures for this week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.