Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,614 members, 7,770,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:19 PM

Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! (179541 Views)

Mr Nairaland - December 2014 [Nomination & Verification] / Miss Nairaland December 2014 Contest (campaign Thread) / Miss NAIRALAND December 2014 Contest (nomination & Verification) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Dygeasy(m): 12:04am On Nov 08, 2014
Welcome!

This is the last lap of Nairaland's most popular contest. It's been a jolly ride all through and there have been surprises, overthrows, disappointments and what have you but hey, a contest that started with the boldest, most confident and apparently the MOST BEAUTIFUL ladies in deed has come to where we have just FIVE ladies. Nine beautiful had to go home.

Just five. These five are our finalists and their profiles will be displayed as you scroll down the page.

Beneath their profiles are their answers to the questions we sent to them. Here's our own way of proving to younall that Beauty without Brain is a waste of head.

"If you get fine face, you gast get fine sense." dygeasy 2014

So people, Make 1 Contestant your Miss Nairaland.

You can vote for just 1. Right! Just one person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Dygeasy(m): 12:05am On Nov 08, 2014
Contestant No. 3

<<|Jennimma|>>

This beautiful lady from from Imo state is in her late teens and is a studstudentThe University of Benin studying Banking and Finance. She enjoys reading, cooking, travelling, public speaking and watching movies. The only thing that makes her different from other people is her 100% originality because she is the real and only version of herself. She is attracted to intelligent, matured and God fearing people and she looks up to her beautiful mum and Mrs Okonjo Ngozi Iweala.

You wanna win Jennimma's heart and attention? Give her fried plantain with egg sauce and ofe akwu with rice. Her goal isn't to live forever but to build something that wiplantainulfill her dream of being a World Bank President. Whoop! Did you see that? She thinks she deserves to be Miss Nairaland because she's got all it takes.

Imagine our very own Miss Nairaland heading the World Bank. Awesome ain't it? I want to see it, if you want to, Vote Contestant Number 3, Jennimma as your next Miss Nairaland.

JENNIMMA'S QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

Question 1: Several women have competed in Miss Nairaland competitions in the past. With all the criticism and down-talking of contestants, many potential contenders were discouraged and opted out, but you didn't. Why did you decide to roll with the tide and participate in this edition of Miss Nairaland?

"Its expected for people to voice out their opinions because everyone has the freedom of speech. why should i fret about negative comments? It is their own opinions and they have the right to.make it known and I also have the right to ignore it too. I am beautiful in my mind and I need no one to tell me if i'm or not. And if they do,its a nice
feeling that someone does agree with me..plus i see people agreeing with me thus their votes and thats what i see and smile at. I wish the negative comment makers would desist because we all deal with negativity differently."

Question 2: What gives you an edge over your competition?

"Hmmmm...what gives me an edge? edge,sounds strong like a dangerous weapon. but seriously,I often go through the pictures of all the 14
ladies and smile at how beautiful they are. Umu nwanyi magburu onwe ha na mma (it means-the ladies are beautiful). They did give me a run for
my money...but the edge i've over them is the fact that my campaign team are super awesome#waves# I can't thank them enough.They're like the string in my bow. They believed in me and made sure the stood by me. And the voters, their consistency amazes me. These are my edges, I believe. Edges that i'm grateful for. daalu nnu,ndi ezigbo m!(Welldone, my good people.)"

Question 3: How would a good friend or family member describe you?

A good friend would describe me as intelligent,witty,caring,humrous and hardworking person. well,i must say this is true because i always
strive for the best in everything i do. You can call me a perfectionist.

Question 4: If there was one thing you could improve in Africa or amongst Africans, what would it be? And Why?

"I love being African! i wouldn't change it for anything. Africans are just unique in their own way. I love the diversity in our cultures. It is just awesome. Our cultural heritage should go beyond those artifacts behind glass cases in museums that people hardly visit. Our culture doesn't stop at our nationality,no! it is who we are. We should let it be seen everywhere. I would love to see a benin bronze in the white house or Mitchell Obama rocking a gele. I will celebrate our cultures from the tinest detail to the loudest one. I'm proudly African."

Question 5: Why did you choose your educational or career path? How would you use a position in your (desired) field to better situations in your
community?

"A career can often be used to light a path for others to see with. Sometimes,we choose what we do and other times,we stumble upon it. Well, I chose what to do. I chose banking because i've always wanted to
be a banker since i was a kid. i lived in a street where virtually all the neighbours were bankers. i grew up admiring them and i love to be
one. Being a banker offers you the opportunity to meet and assist people from different works of life with their financial problems."

Question 6: What was a recent goal that you accomplished?

"I've set several goals for myself in the past. some were achieved, some were not.The ones not achieved,i take it at a second time around. but when i look at myself now, I see my admission into the
university as a goal. You know the problems with Nigerian Universities, you may pass jamb and postume and still nor see your name on the admission list. Well,i am grateful God sealed it this year."

Question 7: The roles of women in the world are expanding. However, they still remain fairly limited. Do you think it's imperative that roles of women should be more than the typical maternal and/or spousal duties? What would you do to get more women actively involved in atypical positions?

"Sometimes,i wonder when the issue of gender discrimination will
finally be buried. To me,the female gender and male gender are equal. If I graduated with the same certificate as him,what stops me from applying for the same post as he? being a homemaker is a tough
job,the cleaning,cooking,parenting isn't easy.but you still find women pursuing a demanding career while their home front still stands firm. its all about believing in yourself and managing your time. Be an
awesome mother,but never restrict yourself from being the World Bank President if you've the right criteria.

Question 8: Given the chance to be a part of the www.nairaland.com administrative unit, what would you change about the forum and Nairalanders? What changes would you effect?

Excessive and ludicrous banning. And if antispambot is a person, I'd sentence him to prison,see how he likes it.#Lolz#...but really,I'd
train the necessary people on the criteria for banning and clearly state how long each ban will go for, so when its committed, the person
will know the reason and a message would be sent quoting the exact place and punishments. I believe we should learn to cool down."

Question 9:What can't you do without?

Come on! like seriously? the list is that long. okay,i really don't have anything in particular,but then...my novels ehn! I am always close with one. even when I'm sleeping or in the restroom. Seriously,i'm addicted to good novels."

Question 10: Define "Beauty".

Beauty can be viewed from different contexts. but I see beauty in the faces of these gorgeous ladies i'm contesting with. Infact, everyone is beautiful. When we show kindness,humility,grace,forgiveness to
people,tgen we are expressing tge beauty in our hearts. but when it comes with a face that makes people look twice,even awesome! you're
indeed lucky and i do find myself in the category of lucky ones.

85 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Dygeasy(m): 12:11am On Nov 08, 2014
Contestant No. 4

<<|ROZZAY|>>

Rozzay is proudly Nigerian from the Southern part of Nigeria; Ogwashi-uku in Delta state to be precise. She is in her mid twenties. She has a BSc. (Hons) in Computer Science from the Lagos State University (LASU). Rozzay enjoys doing a lot things but her favorite pastimes include singing, dancing, writing short stories, making new friends, preparing meals and adventure seeking.

"Being me is different! I am down to earth, Versatile and a believer in equity and justice. My watch word is the fairness to all parties involved in every situation at all points in time. I also have a fun spontaneous streak." She says, in response to why she is different. Rozzay gets attracted to non-pretentious characters. She prefers the blunt truths to sugared lies. "Kindness, forgiving heart, humor and Godliness are also qualities I get attracted to."

Her role model is her mum. "I have a "Super Mum"!. I strive to be like her everyday. She is a paragon of fairness and equity." Beans pudding a.k.a. Moi-moi is her favorite food especially whennaccompanied with custard.

What are Rozzay's goals? She says, "I strive to be a person of value. I try as much as possible to impart value in the life of anybody i meet. My long term goal is to be remembered as a fulfilled wife, mother and most importantly woman. Everyday, I inch forward to my goals. As Diana Scharf Hunt once said, “Goals are dreams with deadlines.”

"Nairaland is a melting pot for diverse ethnic, cultural, religious personalities. We all deserve a detribalized person for Miss Nairaland. I
hail from the south, I was bred in the west, the east and the north are places i have been to regularly. I deserve to be crowned also because a lot of friends here on Nairaland believe in me, they knew I could do it and i cannot fail the trust and support vested on me. I'm confident, beautiful, brilliant, dedicated, responsible and lively. As Miss Nairaland, I will try as much as possible to make us shed our
differences and use our common grounds as a stepping pad for a bigger, better and more prosperous Nairaland!"

Vote Contestant Number 4, Rozzay as the next Miss Nairaland.

ROZZAY'S QUESTIONS &ANSWERS

Question 1: Several women have competed in Miss Nairaland competitions in the past. With all the criticism and down-talking of contestants, many potential contenders were discouraged and opted out, but you didn't. Why did you decide to roll with the tide and participate in this edition of Miss Nairaland?

When we know humor, then we know when to loosen up. The individualities associated with this makes it easy for me to read into the minds behind each uncomfortable comments. I don't know what's going through their minds, so I already overlooked each negative comment in my mind. so when I read them, I just say, "awwww! I wonder why he or she is grumpy." grin 
People are generally nice and situations make them unkind sometimes. So, I put them in my shoes and forgive their nastiness. Moreover, I am a good swimmer, tides are my forte. grin no water fit carry this babe oo, I stubborn die! grin

In every competition there is a drive to be the best. Everyone all trying to put out their best acts. But, I'm me. I'm just doing me and having fun while I do. I don't really do edge. Wetin be edge sef? No be ordinary internet connection wey sabi fluctuate die! grin well, in that contest then, I would say my edge is being Rozzay and respecting myself, along side those that believe in me.

Chatterbox. Hehehe... I can talk ehn! you go fear me na. Just kidding, i'm just known to voice out when it's important to do so. Dem go tell you say I no go gree if I get wetin I wan talk ooo. grin I'm blunt but will have your back when you need me to. And if you mess up? Na inside one trouser me and you go put legs. grin

Question 4: If there was one thing you could improve in Africa or amongst Africans, what would it be? And Why?

Our pride in our continent. No one will celebrate you unless you celebrate yourself? Right? Who says there is anything wrong in blowing your own trumpet? Let's start blowing! But let's be heard for the right reasons. African is an attitude, a swag that we can rock anywhere. When we are proud, we stand out. Peacock things na. E easy? grin

Question 5: Why did you choose your educational or career path? How would you use a position in your (desired) field to better situations in your community?

Firstly, I will like to answer this question by saying that most of the time in our country because of the low level of education and its standards, peer and parental pressures most youth are not given opportunities or proper orientation to go into fields where they desire or are meant for. That's where are my driving at.
My field of study is not really what I chose from the onset, but due to various reasons I found myself in it. And believe me, I have no regrets.
The world is evolving into a global village, everything is changing from manual to computerization. So as a computer scientist, I can do a lot of things in my society by helping the children learn how to be computer literate. Lending my advice in any area which might require technological improvement be it security etc. Writing programs to solve people's problems and of course creating a website like Nairaland which will help inspire and motivate the youths and leaders of tomorrow.

Believing in myself, to be among the people being voted for today. As in ehn. This is a goal that is worthy of accomplishing. And hopefully with my e-friends behind me, I can take it all the way.

Question 7: The roles of women in the world are expanding. However, they still remain fairly limited. Do you think it's imperative that roles of women should be more than the typical maternal and/or spousal duties? What would you do to get more women actively involved in atypical positions?

Even the maternal and spousal role no be yam beans na. E easy to carry belle and give forth a child? E no easy ooo! Whoever says women ain't trying, should pinch himself on the balls. grin if it hurts? Then multiply it a thousand fold. Our mind is gentle for a reason. We are the anchor that can hold the boat steady. If there is no anchor, boats don't sail. Chikena! But ladies need to start seeing beyond these things and actually try going out to get it. If you feel like you can make a mean surgeon? Why not?! Where does it say we need... ermmm...pardon me,  prîcks to hold a scalpel? no where! He has a brain, so do you? If he can use it to get there, so can you. We should never let gender stop us from striving towards occupying positions we're sure we can excel in.

Question 8: Given the chance to be a part of the www.nairaland.com administrative unit, what would you change about the forum and Nairalanders? What changes would you effect?

Trolling! Trolling!! Trolling!! The Rate at which people are trolling can scare trolls themselves. grin i'd make sure that aside from the censored word, each person whose comment gets hidden more than three times will get a ban. People just attack people for no reason. If you as are in a bad mood, why not take a bottle of rozzay and use it to step down! Life na jeje na. grin make una easy on the bashing oo. 

My son! He is the love of my life! I love him to heaven and back again. Hehehe... and I actually just told him. He really loves smilingsmiley

Question 10: Define "Beauty"

Beauty is the depth of your love for those round you. It's the passion you feel that radiates through you to affect others. Beauty is me, in all regards.

67 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Dygeasy(m): 12:13am On Nov 08, 2014
Contestant No. 5

<<|VIVLY|>>
Vivly, a beautiful young lady in her late teens studying Political Science at the University of Calabar hails from Abia State. Her hobbies are reading and doing gymnastics. Her Passion, creativity and 100 percent originality makes her different. "I believe there's something in me
that they don't have. I have my view of this life and how to deal with it and they have theirs. I am the real and only version of myself and that makes me different." She looks out for self confidence and common sense in people.

Her role model is Chimamanda Adichie and her favorite food is a meal of Fufu and okro soup. "My short term goal is to educate the Nigerian public about and create awareness on the effects of jungle justice and mob mentality through campaigns, outreaches, lobbying legislators to pass bills with sentences for mobs. My long term goal is to be at the basis of human survival in society.To be at a strategic place that my impact or presence will be invaluable to the good of the society. To shed more lightaon gender equality in third world countries and to aid in resisting the continuous neo-colonization of West African countries through multinational corporations." Vivly told us.

She also had this to say on why she should be crowned Miss Nairaland, "I believe I have all it takes to be the Miss Nairaland 2014 and I know I can't do it without your help. This I believeask for."

Make Contestant Number 5, Vivly the next Miss Nairaland by voting for her.

VIVLY'S QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

"I joined the contest because I just wanted to be part of the fun. The thrill of waiting for the results. The tingling curiosity that goes with knowing who votes for you and why. I wasn't discouraged or felt intimidated by posts from people behind keypad because I believe in myself a whole lot and words can't bring me down."

"LOL. Do I really want to go into this? I don't want to start a self praise post. Well, for the sake of this question which requires justice, I have great interpersonal skills, ability to relax a tense situation, proficient in bargaining, ease in creating humour, and extremely very observant. Did I mention I have a knack for being extremely creative and awesome? Well that, yes. I also do critics a lot and perfectly well. Lastly, my child like curiosity sure gives me an edge over others."

"Active, Lively and Inquisitive."

"Among Africans, I'd improve their spirit of nationalism. I would want each African country tp recognize the importance of making Africa the center piece of its foreign policy. In Africa, i'd try to improve production of goods which Will reduce the rate at which they import. I Will make African countries embrace democracy, the rule of law and self sufficiency."

Question 5: Why did you choose your educational or career path? How would you use a position in your (desired) field to better situations in your community?

"I'm studying political science. I chose that course since its the best practical course that Will help me fulfil ny goals. Through this path, I could go into politics. Promote women participation thus enhancing the call for gender equality. Bridging the gap between the rich and the poor and lobby for a government that'll cater for the needs of the majority."

"Getting 4 stars on my profile as a critic on goodreads.com for YA books."

"Women's role shouldn't be limited to spousal or maternal. The world is evolving and I'm one for gender equality. Several women around the world has shown us how easy it easy to combine marital duties as well as their career and live their dreams. And this is not just in western countries but in our third world countries. Women in Nigeria are embracing the thoughts of Cynthia Enloe. Ngozi Okonjo, the late Dora Akunyili, Chimamanda adichie Our dearest Sara Jubril etc... Now too, women are occupying more than just the position of a first lady or governors wife. We have Our Mama patience, ekaette godswill Akpabio... also Bianca ojukwu..
Women can be made yo get actively involved in atypical positions by first creating the enabling environment for them. For instance, our country offers universal adult suffrage. In this case, women token can contest for elections. and win. Also, to get women involved in atypical positions, we have to remove stereotypes that crowd people's thought that women should be relegated to the home.
Also, we could set up policies... like stating that heads of corporations would be headed by both males and females at intervals. If all these and others are done, we'll find women taking up atypical positions and showing the world tgats we are just as good as our male counterparts if not better."

"No thanks. I'd rather turn down the offer."

"My mind. it's the only sane thing we have. without it, I'm not me."

Question 10: Define "Beauty"

"Beauty is an abstract concept. Beauty is a thing seldom seen. It is held by all within the soul it lies,
waiting to come out to the surface, but it can only be found if someone is sharing your soul with you. Beauty is suppressed by the evils of the world. Only love can bring beauty out. Once seen, beauty never hides again. Not even hatred can deny beauty of it's
true design. Beauty, although possessed by all by few and fewer yet will ever see one of the most beautiful sights - the beauty held by you.

65 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Dygeasy(m): 12:17am On Nov 08, 2014
Contestant No. 6

<<|ROKIATU|>>

This beautiful endowed lady in her twenties hails from Liberia. She is a student of Pharmacy and right now she is volunteering as a bi-cultural worker on her free days and absolutely loves it. She enjoys hanging out with friends, and she really loves cooking. "I am like a personal chef in my house, I love the kitchen. I also enjoy listening to music, and of course shopping, everyone that knows me knows I just love fashion. I frequent Nairaland a lot, I mean as much as i would love to lie to myself and everyone and leave out nairaland I mean common, my post counts should be testimony hahahahah since 2006 been addicted to this place. I always have my phone with me always on nairaland, God bless Seun." She says

On what she thinks makes her different from others, she has this to say "I am just like the next person walking down the street really, we all have goals, we all have worries, and off course we all want one thing happiness. The only thing that set me apart from them is my individuality, else I am just like the rest of the human species."

She looks out for in other people nothing other than kindness. "In this wicked and cruel world we live in today, kindness is a virtue I adore. That's the number one thing I get attracted to in a person, how they treat others says a lot about them selves. A good sense of humor never hurt anyone as a matter of fact, if you want to win me ovoverjust be funny. And someone who is laid back simple and knows how to have a good time." Pardon me. That is too deep not to be quoted.

Her role model is her mother, "I adore this woman, I idolize this woman, I love this woman. My mother is my inspiration. My mother is actually an ordinary person with a lotlot admirable qualities. She has been through a lot in taking care of me since I was an infant. Right up to now she has never given up on me. In my own eyes I have always seen my mother as a very special and unique person, with a lovely and altruistic soul. She is such a committed hardworking and dedicated person. Despite being a single mother, She still manages to go to school, work, look after her kids including an autistic child. She is such a generous, giving, caring and wonderful human being. She is the true definition of beauty, inner and outer beauty. I can only wish to be half the woman she

And when asked what her favourite food is, "You know what they say about Africans, we eat rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner hahahahhaah I hope that answers your question." Rokiatu is really,making it difficult for me not to quote her. Her goal is to achieve all her dreams, every single dreams she has. More like to achieve a goal and then another and then another. Awesome! Do you disagree?

"With all due respect to my fellow queens I believe we are all beautiful and special but I deserve to be crowned Miss Nairaland because my intelligence, confidence, and beauty makes me stand out among the rest. Another reason I entered this competition is because a girl said I was on the larger side for a competition like this, Since I widely disagree with her statement, I took it as a challenge to prove to her and everyone else with such belief that beautiful women comes in all shapes and sizes. Especially African women, that is what makes us so diverse." Okay this is it, Vote Contestant Number 6 as your next Miss. Nairaland.

ROKIATU'S QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

You know there is a quote that reads "if they don't know you personally don't take it personal"nairaland  critics don't affect me not one bit.  I actually really love the miss nairaland competitions,  Every  year, I follow it till the end, I find it to be really entertaining. This year I decided to participate.  Any one who knows me knows I don't care what people think, so this was a trivial matter for me. 

"Like I said earlier we are all queens in our own right, but my confident, intelligence and off course beauty and curves as well, lol, make me a strong contender. 

"Friends and family would describe me as funny, talkative, intelligent, and generous."

"To be more charitable, ever since I was a little kid, I always wondered why the rich never give back to the poor. certain people remain rich for life why others remain poor all their lives.      (please allow me to generalize here)  Our politicians are so selfish, They don't care about the people who elected them, all they care about is their own selfish interest. most Africans have no sympathy for their fellow men, they will do anything to reach/stay at the top and no one should even come close to them.  Even among the communities groups, jealousy, envyness, selfishness, and greed is holding us back.   If only we were more charitable, and giving I believe Africa would be a better place."

Question 5: Why did you choose your educational or career path? How would you use a position in your (desired) field to better situations in your
community?

"It was always a goal of mine to be in the health industry, I wanted to be a nurse but I don't like the sight of blood so I opted for pharmacy. I chose this career path because I wanted to do something that would be beneficial to my community.  I believe with this career choice, i will still be able to make an impact in my community."

Question 6: What was a recent goal that you accomplished? I got married to the love of my life hahahahahaha.

The role of women is only fairly limited in certain part of the world, in most countries, women are allowed to do, and be what they want. Take for example, Australia, a former female prime minister Julia Gillard, and Liberia president Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, I am a huge admirer of women who have paved the way into so many varied areas that used to be only male dominated. I want my daughters in the future to be able to grow up in a society that allows them to be what they want. As individuals, we just have to change our mindsets. At the same time, I also support individuality, some wants to only play the "typical" role as you put it.    

"Big kudos to seun, for the new features,  I really like the "mentions" and "likes" features. If I was part of the administrative unit, a dislike button would be added. and I really despite the censored words. I mean what wrong with sex that it has to be censored to intimacy?"

"I try not to be dependent on anything to the point where I can't live without it. Apart from air, water and food I can pretty much life without anything." 

[b]Question 10: Define "Beauty".

"As the saying goes "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder"  Beauty should not solely based on physical appearances. How each of us see beauty is subjective as it depends on the individual. I am a firm believer that the beauty of a person is within them.  And its true. Have you ever seen a wonderfully good-looking person and then speak to them and get a little closer all of a sudden you think "they are not all that after all?"  well that's because their beauty inside doesn't match their outside. There are other people who aren't so good looking at first but are kind, giving, loving, confident and just seem to have something that attract people to them. When you speak to them and get a little closer, all of a sudden you view them as "good looking". That's because their beauty within shines outwardly. That my friend is the definition of true beauty for you, inner beauty. It has no relation to features of our face or body. But rather character traits and qualities."

44 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Dygeasy(m): 12:17am On Nov 08, 2014
Contestant No. 7.

<<|TEMIGRACIE|>>

Temigracie hails from Ekiti-Kwara Local Government Area of Kwara State otherwise known as the State of Harmony. She is in her early twenties and is a graduate of Human Physiology from the University Of Ilorin. Teigracie loves singing, dancing and watching football ( a die-hard Manchester United fan). She also enjoys cooking, reading different genres of novels, travelling and shopping..
On what makes her different, "My attitude toward life really separates me from most of the people I am around. I have a large heart and I’m also very easy going. I do embrace the diversity of the people, ideologies, religion, culture and lifestyle of everyone around me.
I'm random. I can start off talking about homework and end up talking about apples or something. I'm one of the most random people you know. I love to make people smile. I am very Charitable. It is my belief that the one fundamental principle shared by all religions worldwide is Love. I am a highly principled person. I am a Girly girl. I love to do my hair, practice my make-up, do sleepovers etc. I am independent Minded. I'm very loving... I always make sure the people i love know i love them b/c you never know what will happen...i make sure i tell my family i love them....my best friends...i don't have many friends that i talk to b/c im so different from a lot of people and i dont trust people (i have a lot of acquaintances...but not too many people i would call friends) but the best friends i do have are the bestest."

What qualities does Temigracie get attracted to in people? "The major factor here would be honesty. Others would be intelligence, Humor, loyalty and charity." She stated expressly.

Her role model is Malala Yousifazi. "A young woman who survived an attempt on her life and who is now an outspoken advocate of female rights and female education in the Middle East. Malala Yussufzai is the textbook-perfect example of a role model for young women. She continues to be the voice of advocacy for Female education especially in the terrorist held areas of Iraq, Afghanistan and the middle east."

"I am a foodie (meaning I generally love food) and thus it makes it particularly difficult to pick one.. But if I must, I would go with Coconut Rice, served with Dodo (Plantain) and a Chilled (almost frozen) glass of juice."

"My burning desire is to be a great mum to my kids and a role model to my daughters. To be able to attain the highest level professionally and entrepreneurially without sacrificing my responsibilities to me Kids and Husband. To be able to leave a lasting impression in my chosen field of Human psychology and be a professional reference in same field whose Theories and works would be taught to young physiologists as part of their curriculum."

She said this when asked why she thinks she should be crowned Miss Nairaland. With all due respect to my fellow contestants, I believe I deserve to be the next Miss Nairaland as I bring with me a whole lot of character, grace, intelligence and charisma to the crown. I believe that I would be a good exemplary model to many young and even older Nairaland ladies both academically, intellectually and physically. I do intend to continue to influence as many Nairalanders as possible through giving them intelligently written advices to their problems, through putting a smile on their faces through jokes and just lighting their days through interactions with as many Nairalanders as possible both on and offline.

Vote Contestant Number 8, Temigracie as the next Miss Nairaland.

TEMIGRACIE'S QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

"Honestly, my initial reason for joining the contest was to catch fun. I later found out that it is more tasking and kinda interesting in the long-run."

I have what it takes to be a winner. I totally acknowledge the fact that all the contestants are beautiful.

"A good friend or family member will describe me as a reserved and cool girl. I am honest, friendly, sweet, half-introverted and half-extroverted."

I'll love to improve or work on  girl/female-child education. Because there are lots of Africans who still believe women have little or no right to education.

community?

"Physiology is a branch of medicine. Going into the medical or para-medical field has always been my passion. While growing up, I noticed I had a special interest in the field. I'll improve the health or medical system of the community. Because health is wealth. Starting from the grass-roots, I ll incorcate or improve good personal hygiene."

"I just concluded my B.Sc programme in the university."

"The role of women should not be the typical maternal or spouse duties. There are lots of changes women can effect in our world. Women are brilliant, smart and higgly focused. I would increase or improve the girl-child education. I ll work on women with special skills eg vocational skills, increase televised awareness on women power and ability."

"I'll want or like to improve on the front page topics. I ll also allow easy accessibility to the MODS. I ll create a suggestion thread where nairalanders can summit or write their conplaints and suggestions openly.

"There are some items I always want with me. The most important one is my phone. It has been always been like a friend."

Question 10: Define "Beauty".  

"Beauty is not always about the perfect external features. It usually include some psychological factors like charisma, intelligence, personality etc."

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Dygeasy(m): 7:25am On Nov 08, 2014
There it is people, 5 beautiful ladies..

Voting starts by 10:00am and ends by 7pm (WAT)

You can only vote for one personn.
[b]RULES

Please Vote Clearly e.g "I Vote for Kachisbarbie. "

Every member registered on or after the 20th October is ineligible to vote. If they do, the vote will be voided.

Contestants can vote for themselves.

Insulting of contestants is highly prohibited. Defaulters will earn a long timeout in a ban.

No campaigning on the thread whatsoever

No soliciting for votes

Any contestant should not make demeaning comments about others or the contest. Make sure we don't see it because if we do, 10 of such contestant's votes will be deducted.

Pleasee cooperate with the mods and admin.

Feel free to mail me of any complaint. Direct or indirect insult of judges will be frowned upon

Do not vote with alternate accounts and if you do, make sure we don't find out. The ban may be permanent.

In all let us make us all have a wonderful voting experience.

And please cast your votes in one post.

Let the voting begin.[/b]
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Dygeasy(m): 7:25am On Nov 08, 2014
We don't appreciate the fact that the contestants make us go through double tasks.

We gave you one whole day for a reason.so you could send in your best write-ups and not expect me to correct your typographical errors.

Left for me, I don't care because this is one of the reasons why this segment was introduced; to test your writing abilities.

We could help with building your profile but not the questions and answers part.

If I edit for one, I should for others. One or two of you would have taken out time to write to the best of her ability so if you contact me or any of the judges to edit anything this morning we won't. Time is a very important factor.

Never rush in doing important things.

CC:

ROZZAY
VIVLY
JENNIMMA
ROKIATU
TEMIGRACIE

TEEO
MIZMYCOLI
KACHISBARBIE
ABUMIKEY

7 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Dygeasy(m): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2014

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 08, 2014
I vote for Jennimma.

She's fluent.
She's cute.
She's sassy and classy.
Her answers are impeccable.
Her expression is flawless.
She got it all. smiley

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Speakdatruth: 10:07am On Nov 08, 2014
lets do ds
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 08, 2014
I vote jennimma
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Dreyl(m): 10:08am On Nov 08, 2014
I vote for vivly. wink

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Nancydearie(f): 10:08am On Nov 08, 2014
I Vote for JENNIMMA
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Speakdatruth: 10:09am On Nov 08, 2014
FP pls. tnk u mods
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Luckygurl(f): 10:10am On Nov 08, 2014
I VOTE JENNIMMA

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Jbluv55(m): 10:10am On Nov 08, 2014
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Vivly(f): 10:10am On Nov 08, 2014
I vote Vivly

3 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Speakdatruth: 10:10am On Nov 08, 2014
Dreyl:
I vote for
vivly
temigracie
rozzay
oga na one u go fit vote 4

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by pickabeau1: 10:10am On Nov 08, 2014
I vote for rokiatu

African women r curvaceous
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 08, 2014
Dreyl:
I vote for
vivly
temigracie
rozzay

You can vote for only a person.
Vote Vivly.
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Kelvin0(m): 10:11am On Nov 08, 2014
I VOTE FOR JENNIMMA

#Nairalands First Choice
JE NE SAIS QUOI
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by EzePromoe: 10:11am On Nov 08, 2014
Wow. The Finals. [b]Now my criticism;

1. JENNIMMA
Jenny, you are naturally beautiful to be sincere. You've got a charming smile and I've tipped you and 4 others (though I failed one) to get to this stage. But if anything would hinder you not finishing top, it will be your photo background. But if the voters will look over this, then you're my best bet. I feel also that the advantage of being first on the list is already there to your favour but don't be relaxed yet. This same thing worked for Thorerah in the last edition until someone pulled a Miracy. One thing I've noticed in Miss NL, the most beautiful don't always win. You just need something more than that. As for your Q&A, methinks you didn't give that your best shot. Not that it was bad, but it was just average, there's nothing inspiring there but you've given your best already. At least you are a good billboard of the contest, looking at you encouraged me to scroll down further. Goodluck to you!

ROZZAY
You're pretty and matured. You've got so many rooting for you but hey you may be SURPRISED. To be sincere, your Q&A orientation was too informal to have been used for contest. You know very well that this isn't the jokes section or maybe some post you quote but a contest for that matter. Assuming you were enrolling for MBGN pageant, would you use pidgin English? A capital NO NO. Please just take it as a lesson you should correct. I know you have a good sense of humour, but let your posts in other threads do the education on your personality.

VIVLY
You seem to appear one of the brainiest (no disrespect to other contestants). Your interview was superb, you killed it but why does it seem like you guys are being stingy with pics or could the fault be from the judges? I don't think so. In a grand finale like this, I expected to see new and breathtaking selfies, not something recycled. You're beautiful and coincidentally, you have almost the same smile with that of your role model, Chimamanda. Hope you rise higher to someone more renowned than her. Your input raises my hope of a brighter Africa under female leadership. Goodluck!

ROKIATU
Seriously, I was surprised you agreed to join this contest, something that is rare amongst the old female NLders. I hope someone like Idowuogbo takes this as a challenge just as you took yours. grin
I hope at this stage of the contest you've not gone to relax. The contest is still open to every contestants, so you have to be on the watch.
You're undisputably the sexiest on this list. You've not just got the charisma, you've also got the class. UKWU! Keep ROKIng! smiley

TEMIGRACIE
You're a black beauty. I still believe you can pull a surprise, it's never too late. If your campaign manager is not doing enough work, you can come in and do it yourself. Lupey, out of oblivion, and came out the Miss Nairaland. She really did hardwork by campaigning for herself. You can still make it. I don't want to talk about your interview because you were taciturn there. All the same, I wish you goodluck!

You all are very beautiful but I'm not going to vote for anybody because I wish I could vote for all of you but it isn't possible. My allegiance to whomever would be the winner.
[/b]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by macklef(m): 10:11am On Nov 08, 2014
I vote for [size=50pt]VIVLY[/size]

Pardon me o
Guys, if u looking for a total package, u find it in this young lady durrr!
Shey is boobi- e dey dere
Shey na bom bom- ogbeni eyes no dey pain u na, saw it there
Shey na shape- mr voter, am even confused if kim khadasian is not copying our vivly o
Shey na posture- tyra banks is looking towards her direction mehn
Class- forget all the grasses behind her, she loves nature, if not she would have taken those pics in the UK beside sky scrappers
Beauty- babe is so fiiinee, i cant even spell fine correctly without repeating letters.

Let your vote be like guiness guys. Vote responsibly

Modified

GLO recharge card.
97479069211250*

Last number between 5-9*

Proudly Team VIVLY!!!!

13 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Olusharp(m): 10:11am On Nov 08, 2014
i vote JENNIMMA
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by stuff46(m): 10:12am On Nov 08, 2014
i vote jennimma[b]
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 08, 2014
I vote for Temigracie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by kendrick93(m): 10:13am On Nov 08, 2014
i vote for Vivly

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by lalasticlala(m): 10:13am On Nov 08, 2014
I Vote for ROZZAY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by mattonnairaland: 10:13am On Nov 08, 2014
I vote Jennimma
Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by OohMpa: 10:13am On Nov 08, 2014
Dygeasy: Question 10: Define "Beauty"

"Beauty is an abstract concept. Beauty is a thing seldom seen. It is held by all within the soul it lies,
waiting to come out to the surface, but it can only be found if someone is sharing your soul with you. Beauty is suppressed by the evils of the world. Only love can bring beauty out. Once seen, beauty never hides again. Not even hatred can deny beauty of it's
true design. Beauty, although possessed by all by few and fewer yet will ever see one of the most beautiful sights - the beauty held by you.

,And that's how to define BEAUTY!!!

She's a God that transcends the physical....

Ooh Mpa votes for VIVLY!!! smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland December 2014 Winner: Jennimma! by Onyi42(m): 10:13am On Nov 08, 2014
I vote jennimma

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (94) (Reply)

What Birthday Gift Should I Buy For My Girlfriend? / Is Possible To Disvirgin A Girl Without Bleeding / Mr. NAIRALAND Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.