Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

How To Get To Heaven When You Die - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Get To Heaven When You Die (2149 Views)

Has Satan Been Driven From Heaven When GOD Created Man? / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 6:42am On Oct 29, 2008
Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer to God at the bottom of it if you haven't yet.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by Bastage: 1:17pm On Oct 29, 2008
Please take the time to read this first post and pray that prayer to God at the bottom of it if you haven't yet.

Or alternatively - don't.

Some Christians and Muslims spend so much time chasing after Heaven, they forget that there's a life here on Earth.
They're also so busy worrying about wether they'll go to Heaven and Hell, they never notice God. All they see is the carrot and the stick -

Christian: I'll follow you, but only because there's a reward in it for me.
or
Christian: I'll follow you, but only because I'll get hurt if I don't.

How about following God just because He is for a change?
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 6:02am On Nov 02, 2008
There are many reasons to follow Him. Fear, love and reward are all good reasons.
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 2:57am On Nov 07, 2008
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by xfrodobagg: 6:35am On Nov 12, 2008
Link to a guy who says he went to hell and back.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4136610474021109864&hl=en
Re: How To Get To Heaven When You Die by Bastage: 4:18pm On Nov 13, 2008
There are many reasons to follow Him. Fear, love and reward are all good reasons.

Love is. But Fear and reward are good reasons?

No. Down that path you are only worshipping God because you want something out of it. And if you think long and hard enough about it, you'll realise that isn't worshipping God but something else. You're only pretending to worship God.

John 5:14: Jesus said unto him "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

He didn't say "You come to God through Fear or Reward". He said, "You come to God through Love".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Pray? / Black Jesus, Nigeria Jesus - By His Stripes You Are Healed / Pastor E.A. Adeboye And Mummy Sitting On A Bench.throw Back Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.