Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

American Women That Marry Nigerian Men - Culture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / American Women That Marry Nigerian Men (223174 Views)

Are African Women Jealous Of African American Women's "Natural" Lighter Skin? / Why Do African Women Dislike African American Women? / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Princess1982(f): 5:29pm On Nov 15, 2012
Hopefully I can convince him to move to the States even though I would love to live in Nigeria my whole family is in the states and I wouldnt want to part with them but if his heart is in Nigeria and we marry then I would pack up and move to Nigeria. If he said he had more then one wife then I wouldn't marry him but only because, I already asked him if he was married and he said no.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by osram(m): 7:29pm On Nov 15, 2012
Princess1982: Hopefully I can convince him to move to the States even though I would love to live in Nigeria my whole family is in the states and I wouldnt want to part with them but if his heart is in Nigeria and we marry then I would pack up and move to Nigeria. If he said he had more then one wife then I wouldn't marry him but only because, I already asked him if he was married and he said no.
please get me any of your sisters or relation for me to marry,my dream is to marry a white woman.NB:AM NOT MARRYING FOR GREEN CARD O.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Princess1982(f): 9:04pm On Nov 15, 2012
@Osram why is it your dream to marry a white woman? Thats crazy shouldn't your dream be to marry a woman you love whether she is white, black or yellow nobody I know would marry you not even my white friends if they knew you were only interested because, they are white. Lol
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
Princess1982: Hopefully I can convince him to move to the States even though I would love to live in Nigeria my whole family is in the states and I wouldnt want to part with them but if his heart is in Nigeria and we marry then I would pack up and move to Nigeria. If he said he had more then one wife then I wouldn't marry him but only because, I already asked him if he was married and he said no.

Polygamy is legal in Nigeria and if he wants another wife he can have another one. That's why I asked if you are comfortable with polygamy.

It is good that you love him and great if he loves you back...but love will not last long if there are many hurdles in the relationship. Having a relationship online is entirely different than having a relationship in person.

You guys should spend as much time together before marriage because marriage is a trial in itself.

3 Likes

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by osram(m): 11:27pm On Nov 15, 2012
Princess1982: @Osram why is it your dream to marry a white woman? Thats crazy shouldn't your dream be to marry a woman you love whether she is white, black or yellow nobody I know would marry you not even my white friends if they knew you were only interested because, they are white. Lol
m not only interested that they are white,i also do love and cherish them because of their livestyle(simple) and also they are trustworthy,faithful,submisive and obidient.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 12:01am On Nov 16, 2012
osram: m not only interested that they are white,i also do love and cherish them because of their livestyle(simple) and also they are trustworthy,faithful,submisive and obidient.

White women are as bad as any nationality of women. You better wake up and search a woman for what she is not because some bullshit you heard.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by osram(m): 7:09am On Nov 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

White women are as bad as any nationality of women. You better wake up and search a woman for what she is not because some bullshit you heard.
am trying mrs chima,but all i want is a white woman..are u willing to help?

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 1:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
osram: am trying mrs chima,but all i want is a white woman..are u willing to help?

No. Hunt for your own white chick..better hope you don't get a Lorena Bobbit. Good luck! wink...

2 Likes

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by osram(m): 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

No. Hunt for your own white chick..better hope you don't get a Lorena Bobbit. Good luck! wink...
lolz..please what is lorena bobbit?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Princess1982(f): 7:24pm On Nov 16, 2012
Lorrena Bobbit is the white woman who chopped her husbands manhood off and threw it on the side of a road here in the states lol.That just goes to show you that you can't judge a person by their skin color bad people come in all colors shapes in sizes like their was a white woman here in the states that cheated on her husband with their pastor but instead of divorcing her husband her in the pastor just conspired together and killed her husband but all white women aren't like that but that goes to show you there is evil in all races good luck.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by JallowBah(f): 7:03am On Nov 18, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

A lot of Eastern/African women can't cook.

From the look of things...your Fula brother is eating good with his "western" wife, Jallowbah. grin grin grin grin

What would a South Sudanese woman have in common with a Nigerian man (exclude sharing the same continent)

Reading through, and finding this..lol!

I can cook, yes. I can cook african food, yes.
But before I met my husband? Not much of a good cook, nowink But anyone can learn, as long as they wish to. Trust me, my hubby don`t run around hungry.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Cmb127: 11:26pm On Dec 04, 2012
Hi
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by awofasteph: 8:37pm On Jan 03, 2013
I am an American born woman who has parents from the West Indies. I was not raised as an American by my parents and I have come to marry a Nigerian man, who has been good so far to myself and my son from a previous marriage. What I have come to understand so far is that nigerians do have a different view of Americans and it does frustrate me at times because West Indians and Nigerians share a lot of the same cultural values, and I find myself having to point these out to my husband at times. This is not new to me though because in the West Indian culture growing up we were often called Yankee by our trinidadian family members. It still makes me cringe to this day to hear the word. West Indians do not really like Americans, esp. African-Americans. I think it is not only a Nigerian thing but a world wide stigma. I do at times point out to my husband the stigma that Nigerians carry when marrying American women because they are known to do such things as get papers and leave. I do not think there is anything you can do to stop a person from leaving. Yes it is unfortunate that there are women and men out there who may be subject to this kind of thing. I can only advise to be careful in all decision making and take with a grain of salt. I can only pray that my marriage is successful and blessed by God Almighty.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blyss: 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2013
awofasteph: I am an American born woman who has parents from the West Indies. I was not raised as an American by my parents and I have come to marry a Nigerian man, who has been good so far to myself and my son from a previous marriage. What I have come to understand so far is that nigerians do have a different view of Americans and it does frustrate me at times because West Indians and Nigerians share a lot of the same cultural values, and I find myself having to point these out to my husband at times. This is not new to me though because in the West Indian culture growing up we were often called Yankee by our trinidadian family members. It still makes me cringe to this day to hear the word. West Indians do not really like Americans, esp. African-Americans.[size=10pt][/size] I think it is not only a Nigerian thing but a world wide stigma. I do at times point out to my husband the stigma that Nigerians carry when marrying American women because they are known to do such things as get papers and leave. I do not think there is anything you can do to stop a person from leaving. Yes it is unfortunate that there are women and men out there who may be subject to this kind of thing. I can only advise to be careful in all decision making and take with a grain of salt. I can only pray that my marriage is successful and blessed by God Almighty.

I find statements such as the highlighted to be hilariously RE.TARDED, but even more so hypocritical !! cheesy If you do like like Americans then why in the fuock are you hear and or want to come here? How in the hell can you hate the people who've established the life, liberty and over means to the persute of happiness in which to seek? LOL. You love Nigerian culture, correct.. then why in the Bleep don't you people go to Nigeria, instead of hear among people you claim to hate? cheesy Don't you know that without the culture attitude and whatever else you hate about the American people, that in which your people come here to take advantage of would not exist here? So it is illogical for you to hate them, and yet crave the fruits of their cultural attributes. You people are insane with this shiat. cheesy

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by awofasteph: 9:42pm On Jan 03, 2013
I believe you did not read my statement correctly. I did not say I hate Americans, I said West Indians hate them. What is said is that African Americans are lazy, dont like to work and have a bad culture. I also stated I was made fun of by my own family members who used the term "Yankee" when referring to me or my other american born counterparts. If I was closed minded then I would not have taken the step to marry a man from a culture that is known to have a bad stigma, now would I?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by mystikc77: 2:19am On Jan 04, 2013
awofasteph: I believe you did not read my statement correctly. I did not say I hate Americans, I said West Indians hate them. What is said is that African Americans are lazy, dont like to work and have a bad culture. I also stated I was made fun of by my own family members who used the term "Yankee" when referring to me or my other american born counterparts. If I was closed minded then I would not have taken the step to marry a man from a culture that is known to have a bad stigma, now would I?

I must disagree with you regarding your statement West Indian do no like American or African American, please don't lead these people to put labels on us. I am West Indian from Trinidad engage to an Igbo man and I love him as we'll as all my American men, black white Indians etc.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by awofasteph: 5:34pm On Jan 04, 2013
mystikc77:

I must disagree with you regarding your statement West Indian do no like American or African American, please don't lead these people to put labels on us. I am West Indian from Trinidad engage to an Igbo man and I love him as we'll as all my American men, black white Indians etc.

I apologize if anyone is mislead by my statement. It is something that I have been brought up with and was told. I have seen it with my own eyes time and time again. I was just trying to point out that West Indians have a lot in common with native Africans and that everything should not be about stereotypes no matter where you are from.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by adukebaby33: 10:07pm On Jan 18, 2013
I am an American woman (both parents are Puerto Rican), and I have been married to my Yoruba husband for 14 years. We have been together for a total of 16 years. It has not been an easy ride, but that is marriage in general. I have an extremely close relationship with his family, and I can cook almost any Nigerian dish (except amala). There are certain aspects of his culture that I do not agree with, but we agree to disagree. I really do not focus on any culture for that matter because God never give us culture but laws to abide by. I will always respect someone’s beliefs. With that being said, I walk in love and try my best to be understanding, and if I feel that something goes against my beliefs my husband is understanding. My advice to anyone getting married is to have a relationship with your future in-laws, and if it seems like it would be impossible or unbearable, just walk away. I know that you are marrying your husband, but I don’t care which part of the world you come from; if there is no harmony between you and his/her family, there will be no peace in your marriage.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by mglover: 6:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
I am a American Woman and i have be involved with this Nigerien man now for 10 months. Actually i have fell in love with him. He has asked me to marry him. I do want to marry him. Now he has ask me to come to visit him well i have never been out of the States. I really do want to go see my babe. I am a little nervous he keeps telling me i will be okay. I was married for 14 yrs, to this other man, Well i had thought no way i will never do this again well he was a American man. I am wife material. I loved the married life. I know how to be a wife. I just love this new man in my life he is everything I can ask for. I am also willing to do everything i can to bring him here to the States. He don't seem like he just want to come here and just leave me. I don't see this in him. Al i am doing is asking God to show me the right direction i should take. Thts all i can do!
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blyss: 9:30pm On Jan 23, 2013
mglover: I am a American Woman and i have be involved with this Nigerien man now for 10 months. Actually i have fell in love with him. He has asked me to marry him. I do want to marry him. Now he has ask me to come to visit him well i have never been out of the States. I really do want to go see my babe. I am a little nervous he keeps telling me i will be okay. I was married for 14 yrs, to this other man, Well i had thought no way i will never do this again well he was a American man. I am wife material. I loved the married life. I know how to be a wife. I just love this new man in my life he is everything I can ask for. I am also willing to do everything i can to bring him here to the States. He don't seem like he just want to come here and just leave me. I don't see this in him. Al i am doing is asking God to show me the right direction i should take. Thts all i can do!

Aaaaaand... another one.

2 Likes

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by SAFO(m): 1:08pm On Jan 24, 2013
Blyss:

Aaaaaand... another one.

grin grin grin

They seem to pop up at 6 mth intervals.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blyss: 4:20pm On Jan 24, 2013
SAFO:

grin grin grin

yeah, more like 2 or 3 month intervals. smiley
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 1:29am On Jan 25, 2013
SAFO:

grin grin grin

Why though? Lol.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blyss: 3:15am On Jan 25, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Why though? Lol.

You should know better than us. grin
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 12:01pm On Jan 26, 2013
Huh Nigga
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blyss: 6:42pm On Jan 26, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Huh Nigga

Never mind. grin
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by BrokenHeart: 6:25am On Feb 04, 2013
I recently married someone in Nigeria, and stayed there for three months. Since I have came back home i found pictures of he and his sister that look like traditional wedding pictures. His eldest brother has since told me that he is married to two woman now after they had an argument, and that he married me to get a green card basically. he also tried to scam my family while I was there. Had two different ages on his passport and drivers license. How do I start the process for marriage fraud in Nigeria? I want this marriage teminated because nothing about it is real... Other than emotional pain.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blyss: 4:01am On Feb 05, 2013
BrokenHeart: I recently married someone in Nigeria, and stayed there for three months. Since I have came back home i found pictures of he and his sister that look like traditional wedding pictures. His eldest brother has since told me that he is married to two woman now after they had an argument, and that he married me to get a green card basically. he also tried to scam my family while I was there. Had two different ages on his passport and drivers license. How do I start the process for marriage fraud in Nigeria? I want this marriage teminated because nothing about it is real... Other than emotional pain.

Damn, you girls will never learn. Why in the hell would you marry a Nigerian? Didn't you know about their rep. in regard to the whole fraudulent marriage deal?... It's freaking notorious!! You'd have to be extremely desperate to take the risk of marrying one on them dudes. cheesy
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by OlusholaOdeh: 4:20am On Feb 05, 2013
That's just a lazy man who was looking for opportunity... May God forbid has nothing to do with culture.
nonda510: I am a college educated African American women, who dated a Igbo man for six years before marrying him. I was pursuing my college education. I thought he was pursuing his business. I thought we had a wonderful relationship grin until I decided to go to Nigeria to marry him. The day before marrying him, I found messages from other women where they both flirting with each other. After we married and I returned to the U.S. all hell brok e loose. I started too receive phone calls from different people in Nigeria. A month later, someone emailed me several emails where my now husband was communicating with other women asking them to marry him, he has nude pictures on my computer, and saved messages from other women. To make matters worst, he does not work, did not pay for the ring, and has not given me a penny since we have been married (8months). He told me it is a part of the culture for a husband to do nothing. However, when he gets to the U.S. he will find a job. Meanwhile, he hang out with his friends and do things for his family. He will pick and choose when he wants to talk to me on the phone.

The question, I pose is this, Is this really an African Igbo cultural thing?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by OlusholaOdeh: 4:22am On Feb 05, 2013
That is the best approach to allow God to direct your path
Blyss:

Aaaaaand... another one.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by BrokenHeart: 3:45pm On Feb 05, 2013
No one is coming here to be abused. We are asking questions because I am going to be real here American men do not do things like this. We have tried to be respectful towards Nigerians, and Nigerian culture, and basically what i know now i would not even post. But a lazy American husband would still bring something to the table, and cook dinner. American women who marry Nigerian men are not desperate. Most likely are college educated. I am sorry Americans tend to be more honest, and when we love we love. But no one is going to sponsor some lazy ass liar and bring them to America here. This would be viewed as a security issue for my country sponsoring some fake oko. My fake husband can stay in 9ja until he dies. Just want to know if the different ages on the passport and National ID card can help for an annulment or divorce for marriage fraud. and I am trying to find a marriage registry site online to see if I can research his marriage/marriges. If anyone has any information as to whether there is an online wedding registry site it would be greatly appreciated, I can and will find someone else that is real like the other ladies who went through this marriage scam. The men who did this are criminals, and you would think Nigerians would be ashamed of all this. The corruption problems are so deep there, that they may be in a lot of the general population, not just the government officials. In my country if a man did this he would be viewed as a criminal, and be arrested. This should be unacceptable what is going on. All this scamming effects your economy and tourism potentials, and even job opportunities. This effects the way Nigeria is viewed globally. Eventually enough Americans will not trust Nigerians's period. I can divorce my criminal for very little money, but I do not recognize this as a valid marriage, and I am going to try for an annulment. Maybe any of us who have been through this ordeal should contact the Nigerian Embassy, and let them know who the duper is, and find out how to file marriage fraud charges in Nigeria instead of asking for help here. I will not even admit I am married to this person in my country. And that marriage certificate he will never get his hands on in life. Ladies keep your marriage certificates because these men will marry another victim, and the proof what happened is with you, and keeping the marriage certificate can lead one day to criminal prosecution for bigamy, or someone who committed marriage fraud. Its 2-10 years imprisonment if you remember what they told us at the marraige registry, and that is not imprisonment for us. It is for the men who have lied to us, married for a possbile green card, and/ or committed bigamy, and most likely paid bribes. It's just shameful what is going on really.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 8:10pm On Feb 05, 2013
Blyss:

Damn, you girls will never learn. Why in the hell would you marry a Nigerian? Didn't you know about their rep. in regard to the whole fraudulent marriage dNigeeal?... It's freaking notorious!! You'd have to be extremely desperate to take the risk of marrying one on them dudes. cheesy

Didn't you supposedly married a Nigerian chick What is the difference between a Nigerian woman and a Nigerian man

I will wait.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Yoruba Songs From Back: When? Remember Any? Jot Them Down Here / Igbo learning thread + Translator / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.