Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action (19245 Views)

Yemisi Suswam Escapes Mob Action In Abuja / EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor / Imo Lawmaker Escapes Mob Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2013
Its only in Nigeria that when you get caught for stealing, terrorizing and looting, you get paid for it

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by zolajpower: 5:32pm On Jun 10, 2013
THIS IS WHAT WE CALLED DESTINY. MANY HAVE DIED THROUGH THIS PROCESS, JUST BECAUSE THE GOVR RAN INTO HER WHILE SHE WAS BEING MOB FOR STEALING. HER STORY HAS CHANGED
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 10, 2013
I like the action of the governor at this time; if the entire thing is not prearranged. But I wish he had scolded the mob against jungle justice instead of pleading with them. Lynching amounts to extra-judicial killing which is murder. Perpetrators should be educated, scolded and arrested. It is even unlawful to beat a thief. When someone is found committing a crime, he should be arrested and handed over to law enforcement agents.

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
Capnd143: am off to maitama to shop-lift i hope Gej rescues me during the act. In Gej i await

I wish you Good luck
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Giddyprance(m): 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
Demdem: Rochas, u need to be prudent. 100k for what na?

people can be very unreasonable.
If he ordered dat she should be lynched,u go talk.
If he left the place like dat,u go talk
CAN ONE EVER PLEASE EVERYBODY?

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by COOLDUN: 5:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
obo_man: Why should a vigilante group hold me to ransom in my city?

What happened to freedom of movement under human right act?

Educated people from igbo communities should speak against this archaic act.

Yes, MASSOB wants a sovereign nation but going about it this way doesn't make them any different from the already sovereign state they are part of.

Why can't they lobby UN, form alliances with other countries to put pressure on Nigeria for a breakaway, lobby their Senators and Reps to call for a national conference instead of wanting to lynch a fellow Biafran for going about her business? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Did you read the post well? if yes then go back to your previous schools and ask for a refund or be re enrolled again ok. I hope you are not one of the hand out graduates or quota system assisted student.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by High247(m): 5:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
critique101: There is something u ppl should know. Rochas okolocha uses the media to promote himself. He actually hasn't done much in the state. Pensions r not being paid. There r still bad roads. Do not b deceived
.....u r already a deciet yourself.....sorry for your broke ass cos u idiots wanted to run us dry...and to all my fellow nigerians this fool has been decieving....when u come to owerri..stop by and look around..then make ur judgement..

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 10, 2013
God bless Imo Governor.... right time right action.

Hope she'll still be LEGALLY punished for stealing.

Woman wan take style steal during MASSOB's sit-at-home party. Hard times....hard time.

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by HerexG(m): 6:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
I have never in this whole entire country seen a governor like Gov Okorocha before. Did anyone watched the live telecast of Imo state declaration wealth and resources ?

2 Likes

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by hassey(m): 6:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

A 21yr old Igbo woman with four kids left Delta to Abuja and then to Lagos in pursuit of raising money to start business and Okorocha has not helped her but he put "amnesty money" out for a thief to start business.

mumu wo reason from anus. Is okorocha d gov. Of delta, or his he in delta state dat he will now no wat ppl in delta ar facing

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
Some people are angry they didnt get the chance to burn another human
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by buchi4action(m): 6:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
critique101: There is something u ppl should know. Rochas okolocha uses the media to promote himself. He actually hasn't done much in the state. Pensions r not being paid. There r still bad roads. Do not b deceived
It is a lie my dear, you just just talk without verification, rochas is the best governor imo state has ever produce, take it or GO AND VERIFIY.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Abagworo(m): 6:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
kITA TITA: I like the action of the governor at this time; if the entire thing is not prearranged. But I wish he had scolded the mob against jungle justice instead of pleading with them. Lynching amounts to extra-judicial killing which is murder. Perpetrators should be educated, scolded and arrested. It is even unlawful to beat a thief. When someone is found committing a crime, he should be arrested and handed over to law enforcement agents.

@bolded. I've really thought about that. I hope Rochas is not forming a kind of Jesus. Next might be the Zacheus, a short man who climbed a tree to see him.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by hardbody: 6:32pm On Jun 10, 2013
Abagworo: Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, yesterday in Owerri, the state capital rescued a middle aged woman from being lynched when, under the cover of sit-at-home order issued by the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MOSSOB), attempted to steal in her neighbourhood.

The unidentified woman rescued by the governor at the Christ Church Road, Owerri took advantage of the MOSSOB directive to shop-lift but unknown to her the shop owner was inside with some of her goods outside.

The shop owner however, did not know what was happening until a neighbour drew her attention by asking her whether the person carrying cartons of drinks from her shop had paid for them.

According to an eye witness, it was then that the shop owner, who had been sitting inside the shop out of fear for MOSSOB, then came out and raised the alarm, which drew the attention of the neighbours and passersby, who rushed to lynch the woman before Okorocha’s entourage arrived.

It was gathered that after narrating the story, the governor appealed to the shop owner and the mob to forgive the thief and instantly paid the woman whose shop was lifted the sum of N100,000 and offered to start a business for the thief.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/okorocha-rescues-woman-from-mob-action/

http://leadership.ng/news/090613/okorocha-rescues-thief-being-lynched

Who said crime does not pay? Now the thief will have a business opened for her, see??
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 10, 2013
It was gathered that after narrating the story, the governor appealed to the shop owner and the mob to forgive the thief and instantly paid the woman whose shop was lifted the sum of N100,000 and offered to start a business for the thief.

I didnt even read this part LOL!!!

Too good to be true.

See as governors dey reward bad deeds.....

Kidnappers go soon ask for amnesty
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 10, 2013
HerexG :

I have never in this whole entire country seen a governor like Gov Okorocha before. Did anyone watched the live telecast of Imo state declaration wealth and resources ?
Let's know about it..
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by CeaserB: 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2013
shocked*Hurriedly Clicked Thread To View Its "Contents"*

angry...*Hissed With Utmost Disappoinment*

DAMMIT!! Thought I Read "Governor Rescues Woman From Mouth Action" undecided
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by bamosagie(m): 6:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
Garri the 1st: *On my way to Oshodi for shop-lifting*

I claim my double portion

In Fashola I trust!!

angry angry angry

Alu treatment await you.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by nicago: 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2013

In Fashola I trust!!

angry angry angry

Hehehehe....you don DIE be dat..hahaha,

Fashola! Well, Public Defender will 'Defend' you...
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by nicago: 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2013

In Fashola I trust!!

angry angry angry

Hehehehe....you don DIE be dat..hahaha,

Fashola! Well, office of the Public Defender will 'Defend' you...
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by smajatt(m): 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
am a yoruba guy but honestly i love that man Okorocha... infact i wish he was d president of this country....its easy to know a man with plans from those long throat calling themselves our leader.

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2013

In Fashola I trust!!

angry angry angry
Insurance cover you cos na oga Seun go rescue u cheesy
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by onyeka205(m): 7:29pm On Jun 10, 2013

There is no how all the roads in Imo State would be repaired by Rochas, but for now, he is reparing most of the roads and this is commendable. All the local governments has a touch of his leadership. Let us say the truth for once and offer constructive critisism and not destructive.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Pee2k3: 7:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
Garri the 1st:

It's faith bro....

Nothing is impossible for my God to do..

cool cool cool

Luke 17:6 - And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.

Praise the Lord!!!!
goodbye bro i wish safe journey to HELL
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by AdekunleBalogun: 7:52pm On Jun 10, 2013
May Allah continue to bless Gov. Rochas, he continues to lead by examples. Lynching a criminal is not always the best way to stop crime in our society, we should stop behaving like the Nigerian police with no brain, we should always encourage the law to take it rightful place and also protect the sanctity of human life.

1 Like

Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Garrithe1st: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
What a faithless generation......

sad sad
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by ATMCARD2(m): 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2013
Abagworo: Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, yesterday in Owerri, the state capital rescued a middle aged woman from being lynched when, under the cover of sit-at-home order issued by the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MOSSOB), attempted to steal in her neighbourhood.

The unidentified woman rescued by the governor at the Christ Church Road, Owerri took advantage of the MOSSOB directive to shop-lift but unknown to her the shop owner was inside with some of her goods outside.

The shop owner however, did not know what was happening until a neighbour drew her attention by asking her whether the person carrying cartons of drinks from her shop had paid for them.

According to an eye witness, it was then that the shop owner, who had been sitting inside the shop out of fear for MOSSOB, then came out and raised the alarm, which drew the attention of the neighbours and passersby, who rushed to lynch the woman before Okorocha’s entourage arrived.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/okorocha-rescues-woman-from-mob-action/

http://leadership.ng/news/090613/okorocha-rescues-thief-being-lynched
.FAKE NEWS.Rochas was in Abuja on fri 2 attend a wedding at St Mary's Catholic Church Maitama.I belive those dat watchd d wedding live on AIT Sat mrng saw all of us 2gda wit Amechi,Peter Obi,Wike,Odili,Dame Patience,Jonathan,Duke etc.Whr did u get dis new young man.Dn't allow me 2 get u arrested 4 passing a fake news.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
[quote author=ATM-CARD].FAKE NEWS.Rochas was in Abuja on fri 2 attend a wedding at St Mary's Catholic Church Maitama. [color=#006600][/color] We don't have anything like st. mary's catholic church in maitama.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by ATMCARD2(m): 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2013
[quote author=Cajetan speaks][/quote].Bro,am nt a Catholic,i meant d Catholic Church near AP station close 2 Mtn ofiz Maitama.So weda na St abi na Mary dat 1 no b ma biz.I hv passd an info regarding dis news.Simple!!!
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2013
COOLDUN:

Did you read the post well? if yes then go back to your previous schools and ask for a refund or be re enrolled again ok. I hope you are not one of the hand out graduates or quota system assisted student.

Thanks for the insult.... I won't get a refund...lol

Well, I read the post, I just don't agree with sit-at-home policy in the first instance and I think there are better ways to go about it.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2013

In Fashola I trust!!

angry angry angry
broda, no trayam oh. I know u dat why me dey tel you.
Re: Imo Governor Rescues Woman From Mob Action by Garrithe1st: 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2013
Garri_Activist: broda, no trayam oh. I know u dat why me dey tel you.

Comrade I hail oooo!!

No risk no gain.......... Na so oyibo people talk am.

Afterall, "all die na die"

I hail you once more my chairman!!!

cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bomb Blast At Muna Garage, Maiduguri This Morning / Tinubu Recuperating In London After Knee Surgery In The US / Don’t Involve Us In Your Grievances – Police, DSS Warn Nigerian Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.