Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents (6756 Views)

PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by thelastPope(m): 10:50am On Jun 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The only sensible post so far.Azazi was the NSA who had access to all security intelligence;he wasn't a northerner but a southerner from Bayelsa who stunned the world that PDP was/is behind Boko Haram.Is senator Ndume an ACN memeber ? Is Azazi an ACN member ? Even Jonathan admitted the presence of BOKO HARAM in his cabinet yet he hasn't tell us who they are !

ACN has the right to hold its view on any issue concerning the government of Nigeria either the FG likes it or not.Its a democracy and everyone has the right to hold his/her own view.This is exactly what's happening in the US: Media freedom VS National security.

Republicans tackle OBAMA on virtually everything he does but I've never seen his party bad-mouthing the GOP.what's the problem with PDP and their endless bitching about opposition ?

I feel your pain, trying to defend the indefensible! Buhari and Tinubu just keep exposing themselves and you lot are trying so hard to do damage control but Liar Mohammed wont stop. lol. I feel your pain bro but it is what it is! ACN and CPC are the advocates for BOko Haram and that is clear for all to see. THe GOP will never oppose Obama on issues of national security and fight against terrorism, so your defence is just what it is. trash only fit for the dustbin!

2 Likes

Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by ATMCARD2(m): 10:53am On Jun 11, 2013
touch4mony: ur a fool and u dont read newspapers,who is buhari and the famous NEF.anybody who opposse fight against boko haram is a menber and that is what buhari,NEF,Acn,cpc has been doing.when boko haram where kill ppl this ppl nvr came out to condem this ppl now that they are been killed this fool and u are here talking rubish is like ur one of the u ass hole.
.SUPPORTED!
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 11, 2013
At a time when there are increasing concerns about the loss of civic privileges and personal freedoms in a number of countries, the nairaland commentariat needs to decide whether or not the questions raised by the opposition party have some merit.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety ~ Benjamin Franklin

In a statement issued in Ila-Orangun on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said the Order also makes it easy for an increasingly intolerant government to clamp down on the opposition, which its sees more as an irritant than an indispensable part of democracy. It therefore called on media professional bodies to challenge the Order in court to save journalists from long jail terms simply for carrying out their constitutional duties.

In the alternative, the ACN called on the federal government to clarify the knotty and vague areas of the open-ended Order, that may end up punishing journalists and infringing on the civil liberties of the citizens more than it will curtail the activities of the sects.

”Against the background of insinuations in government circles, let us be clear that we do not condone the activities of these sects that have killed and maimed innocent Nigerians and turned a section of the country into a battle field. Terrorism in all its ramifications is condemnable, and no responsible government will allow any group, no matter its name, grievances or ideology, to carry out terrorist acts unchecked.

”But we believe that whatever action government takes – even in an emergency – must pass the Constitutional test, especially since the relevant sections of the Constitution have not been suspended,” the party said.

It said the offensive section of the Order is Section 5 (1), which prescribes a term of imprisonment of not less than 20 years ”for any person who knowingly, in any manner, directly or indirectly, solicits or renders support for the commission of an act of terrorism or to a terrorist group”.

ACN said “support”, as defined by the Order, includes ”incitement to commit a terrorist act through the Internet, or any electronic means OR THROUGH THE USE OF PRINTED MATERIALS OR THROUGH THE DISSEMINATION OF TERRORIST INFORMATION (emphasis ours).

”Is this subsection not in conflict with Chapter II Section 22 of the Nigeria constitution which says ‘The press, radio, television and other agencies of the mass media, shall AT ALL TIMES BE FREE (emphasis ours) to uphold the fundamental objectives contained in this chapter and uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people?’

”By stifling the press, is the Order not abridging a part of the fundamental human rights guaranteed every citizen under Chapter Four of the Nigerian Constitution in Section 39 (1), which states thus: ‘Every person shall be entitled to freedom of expression including freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart ideas and information WITHOUT INTERFERENCE?’ (emphasis ours). Can journalists escape being sentenced to 20-year jail terms for publishing statements issued by the sects? Can they freely report on videos periodically posted on YouTube by Boko Haram leader Shekau? Can the media freely report the kind of massacre that took place in Baga in April without being held liable for ‘supporting’ terrorism? Can radio and television stations organize talk shows on terrorism without the discussants being held liable for ‘supporting’ terrorism?

”Can the opposition criticise the government’s strategies against the terrorist sects, through its regular intervention, without being perceived as offering support to the sects? Does this Order cover the satellite broadcast channels that can be accessed in many homes across the country? Who determines when this Order has been breached? These are some of the questions that arise under the proscription Order,” the party said.

It said the Nigerian government must take a cue from what obtains in other countries, especially in the US, which are also battling terrorism, adding that the media in those countries have continued to report freely on the activities of the global terrorist organisation Al-Qaeda, despite the horrendous attacks it has carried out in the US and Europe, among others.

”In a statement we issued on May 5th, we said inter alia: ‘The Jonathan Administration is steadily descending into despotism with a brazen assault on the freedom of expression and the press, the use of national institutions against perceived enemies and a growing inclination to denigrate opposition leaders. The Jonathan Administration is anchored on a Transformation Agenda. But the only transformation that we can see is the one from a democratically-elected President to an Emperor, a despot…If the President is not prevailed upon to change course, Nigeria may be in for another season of anomie, reminiscent of the days of the maximum ruler who took the country to the brink before his sudden demise.’

”We hate to say this has turned out to be prescient, in view of the dangerous provisions of the Boko Haram and Ansaru’s proscription Order. The Order’s assault on the press freedom and the Constitutionally-guaranteed rights of ordinary Nigerians is unprecedented in the country’s history. We therefore call on the federal government to take a second look at this Order, with a view to resolving any conflict it may have with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” the ACN said.

Source
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by thelastPope(m): 11:04am On Jun 11, 2013
Buhari said they should not be flushed out but giving money like the ND militants. Tinubu said some of them are innocent. I dont know where you can put in azazi's statement in all this. It is just lame arguments you ACN/CPC chaps are engaging in
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by thelastPope(m): 11:08am On Jun 11, 2013
justsayemma: @lastpope, if Azazi had accused Acn,u wuldnt ve said wat u said,u wuld ve bin quoting him. @ slim ghost,if they d govt is really serious in flushing them out,wat ve dey done 2 d senators that was caught? U tink Fg don't know who their sponsors are? Make una try get small sense,get regard 4 some knowledgeable Nigerians.

What kind of argument is this? The reality on the ground is that Buhari, Tinubu and Liar Mohammed are defending Boko Haram! Am I the one that put the statements in their mouths? They are defending BH, simple! They are asking the FG to stop flushing out BH. Buhari clearly said it was wrong to flush them out! What is there to argue again? Some of you dont even know when to shut it, honestly! angry

1 Like

Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by AAAdam(m): 11:08am On Jun 11, 2013
touch4mony: ur a fool and u dont read newspapers,who is buhari and the famous NEF.anybody who opposse fight against boko haram is a menber and that is what buhari,NEF,Acn,cpc has been doing.when boko haram where kill ppl this ppl nvr came out to condem this ppl now that they are been killed this fool and u are here talking rubish is like ur one of the u ass hole.
Hegoat how many newspapers you read that proved GMB as BH member? And if he has hand in their activities why not FG and Securities agencies to bring him to book?
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by DobleO7: 11:09am On Jun 11, 2013
Buhari faults Jonathan's emergency measures
Premium Times
Published: January 1,2012

A former head of state, Muhammadu Buhari, has condemned yesterday’s declaration of a state of emergency in some local government areas in five states, describing the action as an indecisive attempt at tackling the deadly Boko Haram bombings around the country.

Mr. Buhari, who spoke through his spokesman, Yinka Odumakin, wondered the practical implication of the partial state of emergency announced by the President on Saturday.
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by thelastPope(m): 11:12am On Jun 11, 2013
eGuerrilla: At a time when there are increasing concerns about the loss of civic privileges and personal freedoms in a number of countries, the nairaland commentariat needs to decide whether or not the questions raised by member of the opposition have some merit.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety ~ Benjamin Franklin

Liar Mohammed is the one who should take a que from the US and shut up! No republican or democrat criticizes their government in the fight against terrorism. They can criticize policies of government but when it comes to flushing out insurgency, they give it their 100% support! Your argument is childish! Buhari said it was wrong to flush them out, simple! There is nothing to explain there. It was blunt support for Boko Haram and if Nigeria was not a democratic state, he would have been arrested and executed straight away!

2 Likes

Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by thriz: 11:20am On Jun 11, 2013
jjcbuthot: These days, whoever has contrary view to that of government is supporting Boko Haram or a sponsor of Boko Haram?

It is an irony that all the people arrested so far in connection with bako haram insurgency are PDP chieftains. How many opposition figures have been linked to or mentioned in Boko Haram investigations?

Azazi told us before he was killed that PDP members are behind boko haram.

I get pissed of with people like you who suffer from mental parmerfrost and fail to see the sanctimonious facad of ACN. ACN is a barking dog that feels talking against everything constitutes political opposition, but like the last time, frustration will be their bane.
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by ibrahym47(m): 11:24am On Jun 11, 2013
Pdp vs ACN cyber war. April 2015 tinubu go enta GEJ jet go form alliance wit pdp while foolish masses go dey beg 4 atachment inside molue. If u must vote come 2015, vote wise; I mean credible candidate irrespective of his/her party, religion or region.
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by thriz: 11:34am On Jun 11, 2013
ibrahym47: Pdp vs ACN cyber war. April 2015 tinubu go enta GEJ jet go form alliance wit pdp while foolish masses go dey beg 4 atachment inside molue. If u must vote come 2015, vote wise; I mean credible candidate irrespective of his/her party, religion or region.

MOLUE THAT YOU ARE ALSO INSIDE
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 11, 2013
thelastPope:

I feel your pain, trying to defend the indefensible! Buhari and Tinubu just keep exposing themselves and you lot are trying so hard to do damage control but Liar Mohammed wont stop. lol. I feel your pain bro but it is what it is! ACN and CPC are the advocates for BOko Haram and that is clear for all to see. THe GOP will never oppose Obama on issues of national security and fight against terrorism, so your defence is just what it is. trash only fit for the dustbin!

Feel what pain ? Are you high ? Obama has been slashing defense budget amid strong criticism from the republicans and you are talking trash that they won't criticize him on issues of National security ! I guess you are suffering from fallacy of the brain.
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by thelastPope(m): 11:54am On Jun 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Feel what pain ? Are you high ? Obama has been slashing defense budget amid strong criticism from the republicans and you are talking trash that they won't criticize him on issues of National security ! I guess you are suffering from fallacy of the brain.

Look, I admire your effort, but you are beginning to sound really dumb! Give it up! Americans, whether democrats or republicans, have never supported insurgency or defended them. You should just do what Liar Mohhamed should have done long ago and stop making a foool of yourself! Shut it!

2 Likes

Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by Monimatic(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2013
ACN,CPC and the yet to be formed APC have just proved that truly they are supporters and sponsors of Boko Haram, as they are expected to name a BOKO HARAM Sponsor and a former Governor Of Borno State Senator Ali Modu Sheriiff as the APC BOT interim Chairman today.

BREAKING NEWS: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman
https://www.nairaland.com/1320761/apc-interim-chairman-alleged-boko

I have already dropped my support for APC,i can know clearly see the handwriting on the wall of the extent this yet to be formed APC, ACN ,CPC and ANPP can go to in order to get power, i am not voting any party next election, there is not difference between the opposition and the ruling party, the opposition now even looks more devilish and blood thirsty than the ruling party PDP by the way of their unpopular decisions,actions and utterances.
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by izzo22: 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

This is the problem with Nigerians.you think everyone should just follow the same direction.People get killed on daily basis in the US through gun violence,has that stopped the Republicans from criticising Obama's gun legislation even though it will make America safe ? The issue shouldn't be about what opposition thinks but what the ruling party is doing to set things right.

You can't keep blaming opposition for criticising you in a democracy else Cameron won't be available every now and then at the house of commons to answer queries !

Mr. man close ur mouth, were did u hear Republicans blame Obama on Terrorisms
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by Nonybb: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
Nigerian Oppositions are immature, desperate and despicable. Ppl think opposition is all about opposing anything frm the elected govt even when common sense whisper to u that this is parochial to national security. Boko Haram is matter of national urgency but some sections of opposition party hv taken advantage to descend negatively and unconstructively on the govt of the day. This is ridiculous, unneccesary and unbelieveable. I often wondered wat they could had done differently if they were in the same shoe as Mr president? Act of selfishness and greed is the motivating factor to most politicians not zeal for national service. Wat could had been the anti-dote to remedy the unwanton wastage of human life as perpetuate by these animals, ACN wat could u have done differently? Why did u let the devil to becloud ur sense of judgement? Wat happened to ur sense of proportion? Why did u let Buhariosis(a disease emanating frm thinking like Buhari) invade ur brain cell? U sound desperate ACN and i was even more angry cos its coming frm yoruba genetic make up; a tribe i wouldnt likened to hausa barbarism and stupidity

1 Like

Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by Anniettieufia(m): 12:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
Tablet Man: Right From Time I Knew That Buhari And His Allies Are Behind This Boko Haram Stuff... Goodluck Can't Sponsor Bunch Of Fools To Destabilize His Present Tenure While He Is Going For Another Tenure... Whether Pdp Or Acn or Even Cpc, All I Know Is That Northerners That Always Claim BORN TO RULE Are Doing Every Thing With Their Powerless Power To Make GeJ's Tenure Ungovernable, That's Why Many Of Them Has Succeeded In Infiltrating PdP Just To Meet Their Evil Aim... U People Should Remember That Buhari Publicly State That Nigeria Will Be Ungovernable If He Does not Win The 2011, That's Not An Empty Threat

you have just said it the way i wanted to, but for time and space , let me go by yours ,

they are individuals hiding in the parties to perpetuate their acts .
God is watching .....
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by abasgold: 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
Buhari should be jail for life He's boko haram sponsor!
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
I think the opposition parties are free to criticise the govt, dats one of their function. But it should be done constructively, especially when it concerns security. And it will be better if they give reasonable suggessions that can bring a lasting solution to problems instead of simply criticising and condemning every action of the govt. By this they will gain more supports. Unless if they are more confused than the govt.
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by abrat: 1:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by BrokenTV: 2:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
Bluetooth go back to sleep and wake up when your head is clear.
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
AbdH:
How?

When the have been condemning every move by FG to curb this insurgency without offering an alternative solution what does that mean? Is full support for terrorism incase you don't know it yet. They are toying with the lives if innocent citizen and solidifying their support for terror by making those statements they made.
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
tahir01:
Source pls.

You need source? Have them here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1298403/buhari-asks-jonathan-resign-over

https://www.nairaland.com/1291369/acn-condemns-declaration-state-emergency

What solution has Tinubu's ACN and Buhari ever offered since the insurgency began, all they do is rant and condemn every step the FG takes to curb the terrorism, is that how opposition works? toying with the life of innocent citizens.
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by max1113(m): 2:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
jjcbuthot: These days, whoever has contrary view to that of government is supporting Boko Haram or a sponsor of Boko Haram?

It is an irony that all the people arrested so far in connection with bako haram insurgency are PDP chieftains. How many opposition figures have been linked to or mentioned in Boko Haram investigations?

Azazi told us before he was killed that PDP members are behind boko haram.
IDIOT!!!
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by Toktee(m): 2:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
thelastPope:

You are still quoting this azazi trash? If PDP is Boko Haram, why is it Buhari and Tinubu that are defending them? Does that make any sense to you? Just imagine your contradiction! Buhari and Tinubu are now the biggest advocates of Boko Haram and we have it on record. Anybody who supports Boko Haram and is against the government flushing them out completely, is a sponsor, period! We now know who the real sponsors are. Government will not arrest them because you cannot use their supportive statements as evidence to prosecute them in court, but in the court of public opinion, it is very clear who the real supporters and sponsors are. You can hear it from the horses mouth, directly!
oga sir,i need evidence to pruff that the afforemention individuals are supporting bokohallam,but if it is because buhari falted the way and manner jonathan handle bokohallam,and how umaru musa yar adua was able settle niger deata militants peacefully then i will advice you to go look for facts before you will continue your name calling.
I wonder why matured people like you,allow pdp to brainwashed into believing that buhari have hand in bokohallam problem.
Oga i want to draw ur attention to the fact that is bare but you anti buhari has refused to accept,buhari made a comment in 2011,bokohallam started in 2007,after the killing of their leader by ill trained nigerian police,these people plus the families of those who were executed point blank in the public,cry for justice without answer from the government;
bokohallam vowed revenge for their leader and families and as you can see they are killing on daily basis,the question iz who is to blame for the killing,federal government or Buhari?
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by Toktee(m): 3:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
slimghost:

Where are your brains sir? Boko Haram is PDP and yet a PDP Government is trying to flush them out? Please tell us why ACN and CPC are sympathizing with the same Boko Haram? Tell us why ACN and CPC are against SOE? SMH
I don't know how many "brains"human being has but if you can tell me why americans trained and later killed osama bin laden,then i will answer your question
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by Toktee(m): 3:10pm On Jun 11, 2013
Bigcake: Shut up, wat do u knw abt terrorism. Sit up, u r too young to be silly
Answer his question,don't dodge the question
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by bootlegaz: 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
Fashola should distance himself from Tinubu. This is why I admire Mimiko, a true yoruba son. APC will die a natural death. I hate terrorist and their friends.
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by stopit: 9:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
Toktee: No sir,you are a fool,Azazi was in pdp and he said boko hallam are in pdp,jonathan confessed that bokohallam infiltrate his government uptill now they have not fish them out,can you support your argument with evidence that buhari have hand in bokohallam or you are just talking because of hate?
u are a bokoharam supporter God wil fish out d likes of u.amen
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by stopit: 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
A A Adam: Hegoat how many newspapers you read that proved GMB as BH member? And if he has hand in their activities why not FG and Securities agencies to bring him to book?
u are equaly a fool for supporting buharam
Re: PDP To ACN: Stop Hiding Your Support For Insurgents by stopit: 9:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
Toktee: oga sir,i need evidence to pruff that the afforemention individuals are supporting bokohallam,but if it is because buhari falted the way and manner jonathan handle bokohallam,and how umaru musa yar adua was able settle niger deata militants peacefully then i will advice you to go look for facts before you will continue your name calling.
I wonder why matured people like you,allow pdp to brainwashed into believing that buhari have hand in bokohallam problem.
Oga i want to draw ur attention to the fact that is bare but you anti buhari has refused to accept,buhari made a comment in 2011,bokohallam started in 2007,after the killing of their leader by ill trained nigerian police,these people plus the families of those who were executed point blank in the public,cry for justice without answer from the government;
bokohallam vowed revenge for their leader and families and as you can see they are killing on daily basis,the question iz who is to blame for the killing,federal government or Buhari?
buhari

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Entire Yoruba Land Turns Out To Welcome Jonathan again, This Time In Oshogbo / Daily Mail Of England Turned Nigerians From Victims Into Muderers / Ekiti 2018: INEC Warn Candidates Against Early Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.