Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping (5804 Views)

EFCC Seeks Interpol’s Help To Arrest Adoke, Others / How To End Kidnapping / FG, Fuel Marketers Agree To End Fuel Scarcity Next Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Maxymilliano(m): 8:16am On Jun 11, 2013
The community says oracle acts faster than the police.

The 21 communities in Anambra West and Anambra East local government areas have agreed to consult a traditional oracle to combat kidnapping and other crimes in the area.

Chinedu Obidigwe, the Chairman of Anambra East Transitional Committee, confirmed the move in Aguleri on Monday.

Mr. Obidigwe said an oath would be administered to the people to stamp out the kidnapping and killings that had bedevilled the area in recent time. He said the oracle, known for its powers in the area, would help to instil discipline because the people know its potency.

“We decided to resort to traditional oracle because it acts fast, no going to police and seeking for bail or trying to bend the law. If anyone defies the oracle’s orders, he pays instantly,” he said

The Chairman of the traditional rulers of the communities, Roland Odegbo of Nteje, corroborated the development and said that the essence of the exercise was to reduce criminality to the barest minimum.

He advised the citizens to abide by the decision and avoid committing crimes, noting that such did not bring development to the area.

The communities have experienced kidnappings and killings in recent times by rival groups in the area.

Some of the communities in the two local governments are Ezi-Anam, Ifitie-Anam, Nzam and Oweelle in Anambra West; as well as Aguleri, Umuoba-Anam, Igbariam, Nando, Nsugbe, Umueri and Mkpunando-Otu Aguleriin Anambra East.

(NAN)

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/138411-anambra-communities-seek-oracles-help-to-end-kidnapping.html

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Iykopee(m): 8:21am On Jun 11, 2013
Are the gods truly wise?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Omexonomy: 8:32am On Jun 11, 2013
Can somebody remind ACN and BH fundamentalist that crime does not lead to development any where in nigeria including the SE
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 11, 2013
It'd be great if our leaders swear to oracles too anytime there's any swearing in ceremony, rather than swearing in the name of the all merciful God. Or what do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 11, 2013
Pagan 9ja pop something your religion is winning o. This is called, going back to basics.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Maxymilliano(m): 8:45am On Jun 11, 2013
Maxymilliano: The community says oracle acts faster than the police.

grin grin grin So oracle is now more effective than Nigeria security, bros oracle i hail u ...

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by firstolalekan(m): 9:05am On Jun 11, 2013
d
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Lilimax(f): 9:08am On Jun 11, 2013
Maxymilliano:
“We decided to resort to traditional oracle because it acts fast, no going to police and seeking for bail or trying to bend the law. If anyone defies the oracle’s orders, he pays instantly,” he said
undecided undecided
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Okijajuju: 9:09am On Jun 11, 2013
Anambra State ...

Fuuuucccck em... angry. They burnt down my shrine, evicted me from my HQ, accused me of shiiit I didn't do. Now they want my help? angry

They can [img]http://media./media/13TJrRNMTIn9G8/200_s.gif[/img]

angry

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Blackgold09(f): 9:09am On Jun 11, 2013
K o we r waiting 4 d next news
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Brilliance9000: 9:12am On Jun 11, 2013
Let us know how this goes and we might seek the same help for stamping out corruption in our leaders.

Corruption/looting and Kidnapping = Crime. Except the former is predominately perpetrated by the Nigerian elite, and the latter by the peasants. Why tackle one, why not both? Besides, addressing corruption first, will eradicate kidnapping. Don't you all think so?
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by mike404(m): 9:13am On Jun 11, 2013
Okija juju: Anambra State ...

Fuuuucccck em... angry. They burnt down my shrine, evicted me from my HQ, accused me of shiiit I didn't do. Now they want my help? angry

They can [img]http://media./media/13TJrRNMTIn9G8/200_s.gif[/img]

angry
Yes o my brother, na so e dey start ... Small time you go find market wey near you sad

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Zamizoni(m): 9:16am On Jun 11, 2013
Iykopee: Are the gods truly wise?

GO STEAL OR CARRY THE GOAT, SHINNAP OR PALM OIL WEY DEM WAN TAKE JINGER THE ORACLE SPIRITS THEN YOU WILL KNOW IF THE GODS ARE WISE OR NOT grin
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by chymystique(f): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2013
Ets a normal thing in igboland... Buh y r dey makin et a public news?? Who cares If dey consult Oracle
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by onyeguy: 9:20am On Jun 11, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 11, 2013
Imagine Lagos seeking oracle help? . Mtsheeew..#spits on thread
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Brilliance9000: 9:20am On Jun 11, 2013
smiley
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Brilliance9000: 9:21am On Jun 11, 2013
Iykopee: Are the gods truly wise?

[b]Why do people always doubt a belief system that predates Christianity and Islam? Do you all think our ancestors were that foolish to have worshiped these gods? These gods date back to thousands of years, we are talking about 10,000+ yrs before the arrival of Christianity and Islam. 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of Nigerians have no clue how Christianity and Islam came to Africa...I'm sadden to say this but have to. How could God bring a religion to us by the same people that enslaved, and drowned our forebears en route to the New world....over 1 million of our forebears perished in the Atlantic. I'm not asking you to disbelieve or disabuse yourself of modern religion...NO, all I 'm saying is, learn to REASON AND THINK.

Have you observed that the more educated one becomes, the less they think of or give credence to modern religion? This is not by happenstance, it's because they are thinking more critically and saying...this ain't right. Something is wrong somewhere. I will clarify this for those those nescient Nigerians who see this as fruit of Atheism and Agnosticism....NO it isn't. They still believe there is God but do not believe in unsubstantiated religions....aka Christianity, Islam and many others.
[/b]

11 Likes

Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Iykopee(m): 9:37am On Jun 11, 2013
Brilliance9000:

Why do people always doubt a belief system that predates Christianity and Islam? Do you all think our ancestors were that foolish to have worshiped these gods? These gods date back to thousands of years, we are talking about 10,000+ yrs before the arrival of Christianity and Islam. 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of Nigerians have no clue how Christianity and Islam came to Africa...I'm sadden to say this but have to. How could God bring a religion to us by the same people that enslaved, and drowned our forebears en route to the New world....over 1 million of our forebears perished in the Atlantic. I'm not asking you to disbelieve or disabuse yourself of modern religion...NO, all I 'm saying is, learn to REASON AND THINK.

No need to inundate d thread with epistle.. Sorry to say this, if the gods were wise criminality wud have long ceased to exist. What do ya tink?
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by AbuMikey(m): 9:37am On Jun 11, 2013
Brilliance9000:

[b]Why do people always doubt a belief system that predates Christianity and Islam? Do you all think our ancestors were that foolish to have worshiped these gods? These gods date back to thousands of years, we are talking about 10,000+ yrs before the arrival of Christianity and Islam. 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of Nigerians have no clue how Christianity and Islam came to Africa...I'm sadden to say this but have to. How could God bring a religion to us by the same people that enslaved, and drowned our forebears en route to the New world....over 1 million of our forebears perished in the Atlantic. I'm not asking you to disbelieve or disabuse yourself of modern religion...NO, all I 'm saying is, learn to REASON AND THINK.

Have you observed that the more educated one becomes, the less they think of or give credence to modern religion? This is not by happenstance, it's because they are thinking more critically and saying...this ain't right. Something is wrong somewhere.

[/b]
You made a lot of sense.
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Brilliance9000: 9:43am On Jun 11, 2013
Iykopee:

No need to inundate d thread with epistle.. Sorry to say this, if the gods were wise criminality wud have long ceased to exist. What do ya tink?

I cannot debate the potency of these gods. The best way to test their potency is to go to a shrine and take the food meant for them and see what will happen to you. You will turn pagan in a split second.
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by gnykelly(m): 10:02am On Jun 11, 2013
emmysenior: It'd be great if our leaders swear to oracles too anytime there's any swearing in ceremony, rather than swearing in the name of the all merciful God. Or what do you think?
look at ur signature, those conform with ur comment bloody hypocrite
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 11, 2013
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by MARKREN: 10:17am On Jun 11, 2013
Well said. I don’t know why we Christians & Muslims alike walk with a ”chip on our shoulders" thinking that our religions are the only true ways. With the way we worship God in this country one cannot reconcile our lack of morals which should be the keystone of any religion. I come from Anambra State and I support this if this will end kidnapping that has made us "run away" from our home towns. I am a christain but I also believe in the ways of our ancestors who were not morally bankrupt like our "modern day born-again christains" who pray for protection & success from GOD before they steal, rob, embezzle, kidnap, cheat, lie, kill, etc……………………………………..
Brilliance9000:

Have you observed that the more educated one becomes, the less they think of or give credence to modern religion? This is not by happenstance, it's because they are thinking more critically and saying...this ain't right. Something is wrong somewhere. I will clarify this for those those nescient Nigerians who see this as fruit of Atheism and Agnosticism....NO it isn't. They still believe there is God but do not believe in unsubstantiated religions....aka Christianity, Islam and many others.
[/b]
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by DuduNegro: 10:26am On Jun 11, 2013
Do you know that Onitsha is a derivative of Orisha?

Wait, wait....do you also know that Oracle is a derivative of Orisha?

Anyway, i thought Igbos are Catholics. Wetin concern you people with Oracle?
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by ba7man(m): 10:29am On Jun 11, 2013
GOD CREATED MAN AND GAVE HIM A BRAIN TO SOLVE PROBLEMS!!!! USE YOUR BRAINS!!! STOP CONSULTING gods AND oracles....THINK!!!
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Vincent41(m): 10:34am On Jun 11, 2013
Maxymilliano: The community says oracle acts faster than the police.

The 21 communities in Anambra West and Anambra East local government areas have agreed to consult a traditional oracle to combat kidnapping and other crimes in the area.

Chinedu Obidigwe, the Chairman of Anambra East Transitional Committee, confirmed the move in Aguleri on Monday.

Mr. Obidigwe said an oath would be administered to the people to stamp out the kidnapping and killings that had bedevilled the area in recent time. He said the oracle, known for its powers in the area, would help to instil discipline because the people know its potency.

The Chairman of the traditional rulers of the communities, Roland Odegbo of Nteje, corroborated the development and said that the essence of the exercise was to reduce criminality to the barest minimum.

He advised the citizens to abide by the decision and avoid committing crimes, noting that such did not bring development to the area.

The communities have experienced kidnappings and killings in recent times by rival groups in the area.

Some of the communities in the two local governments are Ezi-Anam, Ifitie-Anam, Nzam and Oweelle in Anambra West; as well as Aguleri, Umuoba-Anam, Igbariam, Nando, Nsugbe, Umueri and Mkpunando-Otu Aguleriin Anambra East.

(NAN)

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/138411-anambra-communities-seek-oracles-help-to-end-kidnapping.html

lozzzzzz..am from nsugbe oooooooooooooo..no work and am planning to kidnapp our IGWE.....looo
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Iykopee(m): 10:39am On Jun 11, 2013
Brilliance9000:

I cannot debate the potency of these gods. The best way to test their potency is to go to a shrine and take the food meant for them and see what will happen to you. You will turn pagan in a split second.

U think its not possible to take what belongs to the gods without them doin nothing? We have had cases like that. It does happen. Afterall the okija deadly shrine was desecrated by ordinary policemen and nothing happened
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Dainfamous: 10:51am On Jun 11, 2013
If your bread fell out of heaven, you might be afraid to make a diet of it. Sure, it’s convenient, but most people need to sink their teeth into something of this coarse world.

That’s also the way many people feel about any topic that touches on the spiritual. It is the unknowableness of it, that you can’t grasp it in your hand or tally it up with your assets, that causes people to shun it, to run from it, to even deny it exists.

These people are running from who they are, for we are spiritual beings in essence, far more than we are a body with a bank account. Without spiritual nourishment we are plagued by insatiable cravings, like a body lacking essential vitamins.

For the human being, inner peace is only achieved by first surrendering to the unknown.
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by yuzedo: 10:53am On Jun 11, 2013
Brilliance9000:

[/b]
++
Re: Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 11, 2013
Brilliance9000:

[/b]

Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun Bans Cattle Rearing On Abeokuta-Sagamu Axis / "What We Want" - Boko Haram's ‘representative’, Danladi Ahmadu / Igbos and Yorubas should stop displaying their Stupidity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.