Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,008 members, 7,825,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. (4244 Views)

Atiku, Tinubu In Race For APC Bot Chair / "Alleged Boko Haram Member Disguised As Woman Was A Nigerian Soldier" - SR / Tinubu May Emerge as APC BoT chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Monimatic(m): 11:28am On Jun 11, 2013
B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G NEWS.
APC INTERIM CHAIRMAN.
Alleged BOKO Haram Sponsor Emerges APC Chairman.

**IG of police, Abubakar declared that Sheriff, Sen Zanna and Sen Ndume are Boko Haram sponsors and Under security watch.
**Cameroon Government Arrested Ali Modu Sheriff on 28th March, 2012 in their country, for what they said his links with Boko Haram.
**Boko Haram commander, Shuaibu Bama was arrested in his Rabi Street House, off Dambuwa Road in October, 2012.

The founders of All Progressives Congress (APC), including Muhammadu Buhari, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Ali Modu Sheriff in a closed-door meeting concluded arrangements to ensure that the chairman of the Board of Trustees (BOT) of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and former governor of Borno State, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff emerges chairman of the BOT of the APC.

The Yet-to-be registered APC members met for two days last week for a ‘special national caucus’ at the Transcorp Hotel, Abuja to fine tune details of the merger which they hope to submit to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) soon.

In october, 2012, a commander of Boko haram, Shuaibu Bama declared wanted by JTF was arrested in the Maiduguri home of Sen Sheriff, located at Rabi Street, off Dambuwa Road of the former Senator and Governors of Borno state.

General J Useni alerted the Nigerian intelligence early last year that they should arrest Ali Modu Sheriff if they want to end Boko Haram insurgency.

In late October, 2012, the Inspector General of Police, Mr Abubakar Mohammed, said in Abuja that the three people alleged to be sponsoring Boko Haram were under watch and investigation.

IG Abubakar Mohammed named them as former Gov. Ali Modu Sheriff of Borno, Sen. Ahmed Zanna, and Sen. Ali Ndume.

On the 28th March, 2012 Sen Ali Modu Sheriff was arrested by neighbouring Cameroon’s security forces, for what Cameroon Government described as his link with the terror group, Boko Haram.
According to the Cameroon daily, L’Oriel du Sahel of April 2, 2012, "Modu Sheriff, also a former senator, was arrested upon entering Cameroon from Chad on his way to visit the governor of that country’s Far North Region".

It is a big shock that All progressive Congress (APC) will choose this dangerous route of naming an alleged Boko haram sponsor and friend their party chairman.
Regrettably, this gives credence to the allegation that APC and their leaders may have link with the Blood thirsty Islamic terror Group, Boko haram.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has concluded arrangements to ensure that the chairman of the Board of Trustees (BOT) of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and former governor of Borno State, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff emerges chairman of the BOT of the APC.
The merging parties met for two days last week for a ‘special national caucus’ at the Transcorp Hotel, Abuja to fine tune details of the merger which they hope to submit to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) soon.
The meeting was attended by all governors of the merging parties as well as the leadership of the various committees on the merger set up by the respective parties.
It was learnt that the national chairmen of the merging parties, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu of ANPP, Prince Tony Momoh of CPC and Chief Bisi Akande of the ACN also attended the meeting.
Also at the closed-door meeting were CPC national leader and former Head of State, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) and his ACN counterpart, former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Senator Sherrif and high a ranking All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) official representing a faction of the party among other ‘key and critical’ stakeholders.
Reliable sources told Daily Trust that the issue of making Sherriff the BOT chairman came up as the merging parties deliberated on the list to forward to INEC as its interim exco.
Both the ACN and the CPC were said to have shown more interest in the chairmanship and secretary positions while some suggested that since Sheriff is the chairman of the BOT of the ANPP, he should be allowed to continue in that capacity in the new arrangement.
Souces say while there were other contenders for the other position, the fact that nobody countered the nomination of Sheriff or suggested another name makes the former Borno governor set to clinch the position.
Apart from Sherrif issue, it was also learnt that the meeting also deliberated on which zone should have the presidential ticket as well as other key offices like the national chairman and secretary.
There were suggestions that the APC should zone the presidential ticket to the North, vice presidential candidate to South-South, national chairman to South West, national secretary to the South East, while there was also an arrangement for five or six national vice chairmen to balance the six geo-political zones of the country.
There was no decision yet on where the deputy national chairman and deputy national secretary will be zoned to.
It was equally learnt that leaders at the meeting are moving to meet the June target they set for themselves to formalise the APC registration with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Officials of the party when contacted said they were not in a position to comment on the issue yet as they were still deliberating on it.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/politics/56433-sheriff-set-to-emerge-apc-bot-chair

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by KGB2008: 11:47am On Jun 11, 2013
APC is Boko Haram,Bokoharam is APC grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2013
Here comes the party of "progressives"!

My pain and fear is that some people cannot read the handwriting on the wall.

2 Likes

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by automaticcarzz: 11:59am On Jun 11, 2013
Nonsense! God bless Azazi! Everyone know PDP is Boko Haram, Boko Haram is PDP. OP your desperation is unprecedented.

2 Likes

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Monimatic(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
I have already dropped my support for APC,i can know clearly see the handwriting on the wall of the extent this yet to be formed APC, ACN ,CPC and ANPP can go to in order to get power, i am not voting any party next election, there is not any difference between the opposition and the ruling party, the opposition now even looks more devilish and blood thirsty than the ruling party PDP by the way of their unpopular decisions,actions and utterances.
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by thelastPope(m): 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
automaticcarzz: Nonsense! God bless Azazi! Everyone know PDP is Boko Haram, Boko Haram is PDP. OP your desperation is unprecedented.

You can shout all you like, but cant change the facts. You people have tried to spin Azazi's statements to futher your BH agenda all this while but lost the plot when GEJ declared the SOE! Since then, the same APC goons who where insulting GEJ for not being hard on BH have suddenly become BH's advocates. Now Buhari says GEJ is too hard on them. The truth can be surberted for only a while but not forever. You cannot fool all the people all the time!

12 Likes

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Bigcake: 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
Armour Personnel Carrier APC. IT MEANS THEY R TERRORIST.

2 Likes

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by takedat(m): 12:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
^ Isn't Modu Sherrif a friend of GEJ? Isn't that why he has not been arrested even when he (Jonathan) knows how connected Modu Sherrif is to the rise of BH insurgency? I wonder if The movers of APC will be that silly to put someone whose allegiance/loyalty is in doubt as their BOT chairman!

1 Like

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
God forbid! I reject it in Jesus name. If na so I will rather vote for Jonathan. What the phuck is this? Phuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! Damn it!

1 Like

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by bobthebuilder99(m): 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
Why is he even in the party?
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
take dat: ^ Isn't Modu Sherrif a friend of GEJ? Isn't that why he has not been arrested even when he (Jonathan) knows how connected Modu Sherrif is to the rise of BH insurgency? I wonder if The movers of APC will be that silly to put someone whose allegiance/loyalty is in doubt as their BOT chairman!

This is democracy. You don't arrest people without due progress.
In matters such as this, there is need for proper management of the polity.
Jonathan only declared state of emergency, see the reaction of the so called "opposition",
Imagine what would had happened if he had arrested any of these opportunists?
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by thelastPope(m): 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
take dat: ^ Isn't Modu Sherrif a friend of GEJ? Isn't that why he has not been arrested even when he (Jonathan) knows how connected Modu Sherrif is to the rise of BH insurgency? I wonder if The movers of APC will be that silly to put someone whose allegiance/loyalty is in doubt as their BOT chairman!

Modu Sherrif is a former ANPP governor under whose watch Boko Haram started and flourished in Borno state. Your spin will not work. Modu Sherrif is an opposition stalwart, not GEJ's friend. He is a prodigy of Buhari and is now working with APC. You cant change history...sorry... wink
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
Isn't Sheriff d person Gej 'jokingly' refers to as BH friend the last time he visited Borno

If this is true then it shows these yet to registered APC leaders have fish brains.
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by banki(m): 2:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
When bamangar tukur pdp chairman said boko haram were freedom fighters when mr president alleged they are in his cabineT when azazi alleged pdp is bokoharam u cowards didn't utter a word
It took d president 3years to take a decisive action on bokoharam, after hundreds of lives were lost? And u expect me to hail him
Almost 2years and the subsidy thieves are still not in jail,
Any honest sincere person shuld look at the performance of the oppositon governors alongside pdp governors and compare edo,osun,ondo,oyo,ogun,nassarawa,imo,during pdp and now! Let's compare elrufai as fct minister and balamohammed, let's compare
And sincerely answer if anysane nigerian should associate with pdp

5 Likes

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by dirifred(m): 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
banki: When bamangar tukur pdp chairman said boko haram were freedom fighters when mr president alleged they are in his cabineT when azazi alleged pdp is bokoharam u cowards didn't utter a word
It took d president 3years to take a decisive action on bokoharam, after hundreds of lives were lost? And u expect me to hail him
Almost 2years and the subsidy thieves are still not in jail,
Any honest sincere person shuld look at the performance of the oppositon governors alongside pdp governors and compare edo,osun,ondo,oyo,ogun,nassarawa,imo,during pdp and now! Let's compare elrufai as fct minister and balamohammed, let's compare
And sincerely answer if anysane nigerian should associate with pdp
PLEASE REMIND ME, UNDER WHICH PARTY DID ELRUFAI DO THOSE THINGS YOU ARE SAYING?
WAKE UP PLEASE.
AM CERTAIN YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TO ANY OF THE STATES YOU MENTIONED. FORGET WHAT YOUR TV TELLS YOU.

1 Like

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by takedat(m): 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
noblezone:

Jonathan only declared state of emergency, see the reaction of the so called "opposition",
Silly excuse? 3 years after it became full blown, you are still giving flimsy excuse of due process? What polity are you managing? If the sponsors are untouchable, what makes you think we will see an end to the insurgency!
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by thelastPope(m): 4:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
take dat: Silly excuse? 3 years after it became full blown, you are still giving flimsy excuse of due process? What polity are you managing? If the sponsors are untouchable, what makes you think we will see an end to the insurgency!

So is this your argument to justify your support for the sponsors?
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by takedat(m): 4:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
thelastPope:

Modu Sherrif is a former ANPP governor under whose watch Boko Haram started and flourished in Borno state. Your spin will not work. Modu Sherrif is an opposition stalwart, not GEJ's friend. He is a prodigy of Buhari and is now working with APC. You cant change history...sorry... wink
There is nothing to spin here. BH did not start with Sherrif, it is a phenomenon that developed over time since 1995. Sherrif can be accused of arming and sponsoring political thugs(ECOMOG) to execute criminal political activities similar to other political militia gangs in other parts of the country! Didn't BH eventually murder a cousin of his after he withdrew financial support when the group demanded that he implement shariah law? Why is it that most of the Borno politicians arrested or interrogated in connection to BH after the demise of Yusuf are now PDP members eg Ndume n Zannah formally in ANPP now in PDP? At the time Sherrif was sponsoring them in Borno, so was Yuguda doing the same in Bauchi. Isn't Yuguda, formally in ANPP now in PDP? Wasn't it a late Ambassador Pindar, a prominent PDP member who stepped in after the relationship between ECOMOG and Sherrif went sour, and after Pindar died in an auto accident Wasn't it Ndume, a PDP senator who stepped in to fill the vacuum left by Pindar? All these a certain Ali konguda confessed during his interrogation with SSS.

Agreed that BH is an offshoot of ECOMOG( foot soldiers of ANPP governors). Do we then assume that it was later hijacked by PDP politicians since most of the then ANPP chieftains in Borno and Bauchi are now PDP members?

We all know the part elements like Sherrif and co played in ANPP in chasing Buhari out of the party so as to increase the fortunes of PDP. So how is he now a prodigy of Buhari? Its a known fact that PDP and ANPP are both responsible for the BH menace, and yes I still maintain that Sherrif is a friend of GEJ!!

2 Likes

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
take dat: Silly excuse? 3 years after it became full blown, you are still giving flimsy excuse of due process? What polity are you managing? If the sponsors are untouchable, what makes you think we will see an end to the insurgency!

You can not arrest someone on hear say.
there has to be a concrete evidence else, the man will scream political persecution.
Let me tell you the truth, even if there is evidence against somebody like Buhari today, you can't just arrest him because his foot soldiers will cause more trouble. People like you will accuse the president of arresting him because of 2015.
that is the burden of leadership.
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by takedat(m): 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
thelastPope:

So is this your argument to justify your support for the sponsors?
Guy ease up on that stuff abeg! Am I in the position to arrest and prosecute the sponsors of BH? Since you guys know them, why haven't you done that since?
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by takedat(m): 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
noblezone:

You can not arrest someone on hear say.
there has to be a concrete evidence else, the man will scream political persecution.
Let me tell you the truth, even if there is evidence against somebody like Buhari today, you can't just arrest him because his foot soldiers will cause more trouble. People like you will accuse the president of arresting him because of 2015.
that is the burden of leadership.
I give up on you! You claim "someone cannot be arrested based on hearsay" but you see nothing wrong in the virtual trial by the media, and government sponsored propaganda even when they do not have concrete evidence against them?

3 Likes

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Dereformer(m): 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
I said it, CPC is hell bent on having a northerner as president. Let me tell you, APC will be badly battered in 2015.

Why can't they zone the presidency to the East, West or even south-south? this tells you that their born to rule attitude is inborn.

Any easterner who accepts the position of national secretary of APC should be viewed as the worst enemy of the Igbos.

If APC wants us to believe that they are truly sincere, then they should field an Igbo man for president. Ogbonnaya Onu, Rochas Okorocha etc are good Igbo sons. They should be given the opportunity to turn things around in this country.

Anything short of the above, APC cannot get up to 5% of the total vote in the East.

In fact fielding a northerner makes 2015 a smooth sail for GEJ.

As it stands today, GEJ is in full control of South-south, south-east, Middle belt, Has up to 30% of the votes in south west because of the igbos and ijaws there, Can cause surprises in some states in the north because some northern governors are diehard supporters of GEJ.

This is not Just my view. It is widely seen as such

Your opinion is welcome.
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by banki(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
dirifred:
WAKE UP PLEASE.
AM CERTAIN YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TO ANY OF THE STATES YOU MENTIONED. FORGET WHAT YOUR TV TELLS YOU.
I have worked and lived and schooled in some of this states in the last 3years so I know my onions
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Garrithe1st: 5:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
take dat: I give up on you! You claim "someone cannot be arrested based on hearsay" but you see nothing wrong in the virtual trial by the media, and government sponsored propaganda even when they do not have concrete evidence against them?

Some of these folks are unintelligent and illogical to an extreme degree. Expecting a logical and rational discussion from them is like trying to squeeze water from a rock. Engaging such ones in a debate is a waste of time and amounts to an exercise in futility.

@Topic:
If true, I think this is a wrong move on the part of APC.
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Garrithe1st: 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
Dereformer: I said it, CPC is hell bent on having a northerner as president. Let me tell you, APC will be badly battered in 2015.

Why can't they zone the presidency to the East, West or even south-south? this tells you that their born to rule attitude is inborn.

[b]Any easterner who accepts the position of national secretary of APC should be viewed as the worst enemy of the Igbos.

If APC wants us to believe that they are truly sincere, then they should field an Igbo man for president. Ogbonnaya Onu, Rochas Okorocha etc are good Igbo sons.[b] They should be given the opportunity to turn things around in this country.

Anything short of the above, APC cannot get up to 5% of the total vote in the East.

In fact fielding a northerner makes 2015 a smooth sail for GEJ.

As it stands today, GEJ is in full control of South-south, south-east, Middle belt, Has up to 30% of the votes in south west because of the igbos and ijaws there, Can cause surprises in some states in the north because some northern governors are diehard supporters of GEJ.

This is not Just my view. It is widely seen as such

Your opinion is welcome.

See your "Ogogoro" logic...

You just said any Ibo who accepts a position in APC should be vilified, yet you want an Ibo to be the presidential candidate...

Aren't you confused??
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Garrithe1st: 5:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
dirifred:

El-Rufai is light years ahead of Bala Mohamed... Can't compare both men..

1 Like

Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by truth4meal(m): 5:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
noblezone:

You leave Nairaland for a while only to come back to meet with the same recycled half-truths and tasteless assertions. What stupid and clueless process is required in arresting a man who according to your post was singled out for arrest by JTF? What process is so selective to leave Sheriff and arrest Ndume? Or is your assertion or that of JTF as it affect Sheriff investigated to be baseless and unfound? Why is the presidency making BH his tool for politics and name smearing? Why is the blood of Nigerians being politics as usual? Worst of it all - how cheap is your conscience?
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by truth4meal(m): 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
thelastPope:

I know you trade in half truths so I will pardon your mismatched assertions. Establishing whether Sheriff is GEJ's friend or not shouldn't be a crux concern especially for someone who dignify himself as a patriot like yourself - I think the crux concern here should be why GEJ's government did not prosecute or arrest a man - sheriff who was publicly indicted as BH sponsor by JTF. One will expect u to occupy yourself with the brazen "truthfulness" of GEJ's clueless and incompetence. Why bringing sheriff's alleged association with BH now that according to you he is being positioned as APC chairman? Is the man's sin not that he founded a group who according to u terrorise Nigeria? If yes, why is his sin recently "re-disintered"? Or is his sin forgiven if he didn't recently chose to play ball with APC? Why is GEJ's clueless this contagious sef or is your case a pure discharge of a paid duty - trading in lies?
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
Jonathan and PdP are scum.
But for the love of all things good and sane APC, buhari and tinubu are making pdp and jonathan look like cherubims

I just weak
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
noblezone:

yeeeeesss!! but its ok to call him a sponsor when it favours you abi? for you info, he wines and dines with your GEJ (my president) show me ur friends........
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by solomon111(m): 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
This country should be divided,because, we're just wasting our time.
How can people defend individuals with unusual connections to terrorists,if not for bigotry.?
Divide this bloody country and let everybody choose who they want to associate with.
It's despicable that someone like sheriff may potentially have connections to the seats of power in my country in the future.
Re: APC Interim Chairman.: Alleged Boko Haram Sponsor Emerges APC BOT Chairman. by thelastPope(m): 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
take dat: There is nothing to spin here. BH did not start with Sherrif, it is a phenomenon that developed over time since 1995. Sherrif can be accused of arming and sponsoring political thugs(ECOMOG) to execute criminal political activities similar to other political militia gangs in other parts of the country! Didn't BH eventually murder a cousin of his after he withdrew financial support when the group demanded that he implement shariah law? Why is it that most of the Borno politicians arrested or interrogated in connection to BH after the demise of Yusuf are now PDP members eg Ndume n Zannah formally in ANPP now in PDP? At the time Sherrif was sponsoring them in Borno, so was Yuguda doing the same in Bauchi. Isn't Yuguda, formally in ANPP now in PDP? Wasn't it a late Ambassador Pindar, a prominent PDP member who stepped in after the relationship between ECOMOG and Sherrif went sour, and after Pindar died in an auto accident Wasn't it Ndume, a PDP senator who stepped in to fill the vacuum left by Pindar? All these a certain Ali konguda confessed during his interrogation with SSS.

Agreed that BH is an offshoot of ECOMOG( foot soldiers of ANPP governors). Do we then assume that it was later hijacked by PDP politicians since most of the then ANPP chieftains in Borno and Bauchi are now PDP members?

We all know the part elements like Sherrif and co played in ANPP in chasing Buhari out of the party so as to increase the fortunes of PDP. So how is he now a prodigy of Buhari? Its a known fact that PDP and ANPP are both responsible for the BH menace, and yes I still maintain that Sherrif is a friend of GEJ!!

You tried to play a fast one, but got stuck! The problem with most of you is that all your arguments and post has to end as either an insult to GEJ or an attempt to rope in and ridicule/denigrate GEJ. That is why you guys keep coming up looking "you know what"... As long as that is your core motive, it will keep making your arguments useless.

The only correct part of your argument is the part that correlates with Azazi's point which most of you tried to spin to your "agenda's" advantage. And that is the fact that apart from the Intra party struggle for power across the country and the north in particular, there is the unholy alliance to return power back to the north and this cuts across all the parties. That was Azazi's point. Azazi stressed the fact that the BH thing escalated in the wake of the pursuit of a consensus candidate by some northern elders. This was very correct. But this itself was north a PDP movement. It was a movement that cut across all the parties. Ribadu visited IBB and even got IBB's blessing. Buhari visited many northern PDP elders during the same period. But yes, according to Azazi, what really triggered that movement was the internal struggle for power in the PDP where some wanted the power to return to the north. That is where he used that phrase, PDP is Boko Haram. But most of you deceitfully tried to spin something else out of it and of course, the biased press took it out of context and made something else out of it. Unfortunately, the unpatriotic press destroyed the opportunity for Nigerians to discuss a very valid and salient point Azazi had raised. Azazi's point was very much in tandem with the call for a sovereign national conference.

The same Azazi asked GEJ to arrest Buhari and hold him responsible for BH. If Azazi meant what you folks and the biased press painted, why did he call for Buhari's arrest, a call which GEJ refused and rightly so because the FG would have lost the case in court for want of "hard evidence" and the result would have been most damaging. It is almost impossible to link terrorist cells to their sponsors. Even the US has not been able to do it successfully. Most of the interactions are undocumented and through proxies. You can have intelligence information about it, but getting hard evidence to prove anything in court is almost impossible. That is the dilemma the US is facing in Guantanamo Bay. Most of the criminals in Guantanamo would be released for want of credible evidence if prosecuted in a regular court of law. But intelligence reports confirm these people are terrorists or terrorist collaborators. Do the US allow them to go back into society just like that, knowing they could go on and blow up a train or airplane. A serious catch 22 situation.

The truth about this whole episode is that we have been thrown into a new kind of problem by a diabolical opposition. Nigeria would have been better with a genuine opposition who wish us well and criticize government policies and performance. But we have a terrible opposition, whose only goal is to become the new PDP! Control the power! Control the oil! Just look at all the northern governors opposed to GEJ. Are they examples of good governance? Is Amaechi an example of good governance? If El Rufai, Tambuwal, Buhari, Tinubu etc examples of good governance. I can come here and insult you all day and I might be justified but I choose to appeal to your inner conscience. You dont need to vote for GEJ or support him, but these your campaign to pull down Nigeria isnt working and will never work. If you truly believe in Nigeria, then you lot must stop the hate.

GEJ is not being criticized because of bad governance, but because he is a minority who "have taken the north's slot". If you say I am wrong, then why was he being criticized from the day he became president? Why did the post election riots start when the results were not even out? Why did the north threathen to make the nation ungovernable and since then, we havent had one day of peace? Why is there an attempt to ridicule, belittle, twist and denigrate every effort of GEJ even to the point where someone is angry that BH is being curtailed. That is why I said you cannot spin this however you try.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

church/owanbe party:video Cities Of The Poor Yoruba People.compare to rich igbos / President Buhari Writes Nigerians From London. / Plateau State Presidential Elections Results By Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.