Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday (18883 Views)

‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ / Graphic Photo Of Sunday Terror Killed At Ebute-metta Lagos Yesterday / Photo Of Bicyclists Taking Off From Daura To Abuja For The Inauguration May 29th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by snazzykares: 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2013
haaaa dana again?ope this is not true cos if it is ,then their mission on earth should be stated.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by snazzykares: 8:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
haaaa dana again?ope this is not true cos if it is ,then their mission on earth should be stated.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by supaeagles(m): 8:50pm On Jun 11, 2013
denitro:
Please explain yourself.
A plane can't rise into the air and then suddenly come down again without crashing.
When the pilot raises the nose up for takeoff, he has gone beyond V1 (Decision speed, beyond which it is impossible to abort a take-off and stop safely within the remaining runway length).
I find your story hard to believe. Or did the plane fly in the air, make a turn towards the airport and then returned
to the airport?

True oh! Maybe OP was describing a bus ride in young shall grow transport grin
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by supomi: 8:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
I was so infuriated at Dana after reading this post yesterday that I decided to contact the consumer protection directorate of the NCAA. To my greatest surprise, it so happens that there was no incident of air return involving a Dana aircraft yesterday and the post is a false alarm. I was also made to understand that air returns happen with airlines all over the world and are done in the interest of safety. I thought it made sense too; Isn't it better for a pilot to return to base if he notices a snag on the airplane than to try to manage it to his destination? Please let's make sure what we post are factual as such blatant lies or misrepresentation of facts do us more harm than good.
Haba na This guy must b ignorant to want to deceive us with such a post. Maybe he's doing PR for all those other bleeped up airlines in Nigeria at the expense of Dana. May God never let us have a bad outing that will rubbish the little good we've managed to do. Ame
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Boeing412: 8:54pm On Jun 11, 2013
"Dana Air apologizes for the delay that occurred on your flight 9J 357 out of LOS yesterday 10th June, 13. We are sorry for any inconveniences caused.".....apparently they apologised by sms tday for inconveniences caused and not lack of proper maintenance.Let me catch myself fly Dana again. shocked
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
Boeing412: Dana Air Almost Killed Me Yesterday

Here's my personal experience with Dana yesterday....passengers beware o!

We boarded a dana flight 9J-357(LOS-ABV) yesterday at MM2 Lagos finally @ past 5pm after an hour delay,only for the plane to taxi,rise into the air a bit and suddenly came down again!

Everyone on board thought it was the end of our sojourn here on earth!

The pilot then announced it was a technical problem and didn't want to take chances so we had to board another plane...just barely a year after the last crash....makes me wonder if anyone cares about human lives in this Country!

Dana should b grounded til they stop "managing" planes.

Ok we get it, you fly aroplane "in my African acent" cheesy

Next..
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Boeing412: 9:01pm On Jun 11, 2013
supomi: I was so infuriated at Dana after reading this post yesterday that I decided to contact the consumer protection directorate of the NCAA. To my greatest surprise, it so happens that there was no incident of air return involving a Dana aircraft yesterday and the post is a false alarm. I was also made to understand that air returns happen with airlines all over the world and are done in the interest of safety. I thought it made sense too; Isn't it better for a pilot to return to base if he notices a snag on the airplane than to try to manage it to his destination? Please let's make sure what we post are factual as such blatant lies or misrepresentation of facts do us more harm than good.
Haba na This guy must b ignorant to want to deceive us with such a post. Maybe he's doing PR for all those other bleeped up airlines in Nigeria at the expense of Dana. May God never let us have a bad outing that will rubbish the little good we've managed to do. Ame
Its obvious dana PR agents hv invaded us o!Were u on d plane?Did u talk to any of d passengers?U tink u are abroad where airlines actually say facts and admit to their lapses?So dana denied and u com chop their side of story?Gullible u!Mayb if u find yaself in a similar situation as mine then we'll kw if u'll hv d liver t speak all dis grammer.Mtchewwww

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by lilytender: 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
[quote author=B737NG]I seriously doubt the veracity of this claim, it smacks of prevarication and uniformed bias. Once an aircraft is past V1(Decision Speed) and has reached Vr(Rotation Speed), it MUST take off no matter the severity of any malfunction it might be experiencing as attempting a RTO(rejected take off) at that point would almost certainly result in a runway overun.
A MD-83(the aircraft which makes up dana's fleet) needs at least 6000feet to reach rotation speed at an average weight of about 145,000 pounds. The runway it took off from, runway 18L is 9000feet; so suggesting it was able to come to a complete stop after lift off within a distance of just 3000feet is absolutely ludicrous.[/quot

This your grammar is convincing but I won't fly Dana until my grandson gets married by that time I will be above 100 years and I would have shared my Estates among my children and grandchildren before taking Dana air to heaven. I think you should advice Mandela together with Queen Elizabeth and her husband to fly Dana air.. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by jude33084(m): 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2013
supomi: well i think that is rather unfortunate but on a serious note if one is a frequent flyer u wd know that this tins happen. safety is in the hands of God and not man. Dana or no Dana, no airline can guarantee 100 percent safety in Nigeria. last year's accident was unfortunate especially as a frequent and ardent flyer and follower of Dana air, but what we would continue to do, is to keep praying against a re-occurrence. Dana air remains my most preferred airline cos most of our airlines package themselves, they all use old planes. At least we hear Dana air is expecting new aircraft so that is good news for us.

[size=25pt]DANA HELL AGENT![/size] Everybody should beware shocked

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by jude33084(m): 9:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
aspabay: So now taking precautions has become synonymous with "almost killed’, na wa for Nigerians oo.

Have you even seen a plane b4? undecided

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
What's ur point? So d plane didn't develop any technical fault rather the pilot noticed a technical fault from another plane and not the one the op was inside abi?
Ur comment made no sense to me! U completely drifted! The plane in question developed issues and that's the info here and the pilot had to abort d journey as a safety measure which the OP also stated so what exactly is it that u don't understand!
And how is the title misleading? It wasn't a dana flight right? The plane didn't develop any technical fault right? They didn't continue the journey with same flight right? So what exactly is misleading if all these transpired?
Na wa ooooo

wellmax: @ OP, I wonder what your problem is, your title is completely misleading.
The pilot noticed a technical fault and decided not to take any risk, since they just had a bitter experience.
My friend, he's just been careful, other pilots will still go on and nothing will happen.
So don't come here crying like they laid you for sacrifice.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by richfaxy: 9:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
Apparently, DANA wants to pack their load and leave Nigeria soon
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
once a plane reaches rotate speed, it must take up and climb to 3000 feet. No matter the severity of the problem.
Its impossible for a plane to attempt take off and then drop down, and at the same time safely come to a complete halt.
If that happens, trust me it would be a catastrophic disaster.

Once a plane has hit that really fast speed, IT MUST TAKE OFF!!
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by alheriTOJ(f): 9:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
I know exactly what you went through, I flew Dana on fri abj-lag, 4:40pm flight. It was the most terrifying experience ever, the noise from the engine was so terrifying that it cld send 1 into shock or cause you to have a heart attack! The most the plane landed and door open I ran! A lot of airlines should cease to operate!
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by bisi16(m): 9:33pm On Jun 11, 2013

We boarded a dana flight 9J-357(LOS-ABV) yesterday at MM2 Lagos finally @ past 5pm after an hour delay,only for the plane to taxi,rise into the air a bit and suddenly came down again!

The pilot then announced it was a technical problem and didn't want to take chances so we had to board another plane...just barely a year after the last crash....makes me wonder if anyone cares about human lives in this Country!

i feel like slapping d hell out u for dis silly thread, coz if u cared for human live, u shldnt hav anything to do with DANA DEATHline. rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
So they shld have just continued and crash somewhere right going by ur professional jargons for novice like me abi? So pilots cant abort a journey even if they noticed a fault shortly after take off?
The guy gave his account as someone that boarded the plane in question and the only thing u care about is what u just wrote down there right?
Anyways, it might interest u to know that there are pilots that are in the same school of thought with u and there are pilots who will defile the rules stated below by you and do their utmost to forestall any eventuality and that pilot did just so! Remember that the op is only a passenger and not a pilot so doubting his story based on ur professional terms still beats my imagination!
So can u educate we the novice of what happened then since u doubt his story despite the fact that he gave us an info of what he encountered!

B737NG: I seriously doubt the veracity of this claim, it smacks of prevarication and uniformed bias. Once an aircraft is past V1(Decision Speed) and has reached Vr(Rotation Speed), it MUST take off no matter the severity of any malfunction it might be experiencing as attempting a RTO(rejected take off) at that point would almost certainly result in a runway overun.
A MD-83(the aircraft which makes up dana's fleet) needs at least 6000feet to reach rotation speed at an average weight of about 145,000 pounds. The runway it took off from, runway 18L is 9000feet; so suggesting it was able to come to a complete stop after lift off within a distance of just 3000feet is absolutely ludicrous.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
byrron: So they shld have just continued and crash somewhere right going by ur professional jargons for novice like me abi? So pilots cant abort a journey even if they noticed a fault shortly after take off?
The guy gave his account as someone that boarded the plane in question and the only thing u care about is what u just wrote down there right?
Anyways, it might interest u to know that there are pilots that are in the same school of thought with u and there are pilots who will defile the rules stated below by you and do their utmost to forestall any eventuality and that pilot did just so! Remember that the op is only a passenger and not a pilot so doubting his story based on ur professional terms still beats my imagination!
So can u educate we the novice of what happened then since u doubt his story despite the fact that he gave us an info of what he encountered!

I am not a pilot but i argued this extensively with my pilot friend (not on nairaland).
At that speed, if you abort a take off, YOU ARE DOOMED cos a crash would be inevitable.
At that speed, you can gain some attitude (even with multiple engine failure) and attempt an emergency landing!!!
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 11, 2013
So I should believe ur own super story produced by wale adenuga right?
It came late- least I forget y vnt dana paid up compensation to the deceased family members whom they exported out of the sight of humanity after a year nw! Pls when next u call on them again as u claimed u just did help me ask them y they haven't paid up!
Also post their super story response here since u are now their volunteer image maker here on NL.

supomi: I was so infuriated at Dana after reading this post yesterday that I decided to contact the consumer protection directorate of the NCAA. To my greatest surprise, it so happens that there was no incident of air return involving a Dana aircraft yesterday and the post is a false alarm. I was also made to understand that air returns happen with airlines all over the world and are done in the interest of safety. I thought it made sense too; Isn't it better for a pilot to return to base if he notices a snag on the airplane than to try to manage it to his destination? Please let's make sure what we post are factual as such blatant lies or misrepresentation of facts do us more harm than good.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ok! So what happened then?

icebeatz:

I am not a pilot but i argued this extensively with my pilot friend (not on nairaland).
At that speed, if you abort a take off, YOU ARE DOOMED cos a crash would be inevitable.
At that speed, you can gain some attitude (even with multiple engine failure) and attempt an emergency landing!!!
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by brownlord: 9:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
I had a simila encounter yesterday, i boarded a dana DN 912 LAG, from ikotun to oshodi, only for the jet to develope problem mid air, thank God for the conductor tht quickly opened the door, and i jumped down

@op, my friend park well there, driver sorry pilot notice say the molue get fault em take precaution then return back to garadge, to avoid, 3rd june, so wetin come be ur problem? what if na those sosoliso pilot or all those oshodi pilot when them dey romance ogoro then smoke igbo before them enter plane, wetin u for come talk? And even the agbero sorry avaiation people when suppose check if the molue dey in good condition fit don still take one shot before them come office

My guy abeg commot head for road, make i use revise park my private jet, na mama chinelo store i see so, make i sama one udeme, before i sleep
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by 50calibre(m): 10:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
byrron: So they shld have just continued and crash somewhere right going by ur professional jargons for novice like me abi? So pilots cant abort a journey even if they noticed a fault shortly after take off?

You admit to being a novice on this issue, yet you attack another persons well informed statement. What the guy said is absolutely spot on.

it's not a matter of the pilot going ahead and crashing, it's that it is technically impossibly for an aircraft to abort a take off, after it has attained a given speed without crashing.

The guy knows what he is saying, smart people just don't swallow things hook line and sinker, if there are inconsistencies or things just don't stack up, they ask questions. That's what separates the gullible from the discerning.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Foodconsumer(m): 10:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
Goldie20: that some scary shiit..
you can say that again nigga!!
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
And here I am planing to book dana from ph to abj dis weekend. Mr OP thank you, this means that all dana aircrafts are flying coffin
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by chukkynwob(m): 10:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
playah P:

Once a plane hits its rotate speed, it must take off oooh...... This story false

Cos if it gets to V2 velocity the runway will simply be too short to decelerate and bring the airplane to a hault.

So I second you...I can take off and turn back for an emergency landing. Mtchewww

Dana should sue the op 4 libel.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 11, 2013

Stop toying with your life on nigerian space. Book air conditioned cabs with tested drivers. You may just sit comfortably for 5 to 6hrs and get to where you are going safely.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by tellwisdom: 10:27pm On Jun 11, 2013

Ok, we don hear sey you enter plane undecided
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by supomi: 10:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
bros dis is no PR. On a serious note I have heard positive stuffs abt dana. Nt trying to promote dem bt dere was a time I had an appointment to keep at abuja,I got to d airport a bit late n was looking for dat an airline dat wil keep to time without delays.smone now directd me to dana cos I was looking obviously worried. Fortunately for me,dana air doesn't delay for a minute. to cut it short,I kept d appointment n came back same day.if I had delayed or missed d meeting,my company wd av lost a fortunate mayb I wd av lost ma job by now.no nobody wd av believed dat I experienced a serious traffic logjam
On ma way to d airport.dat singular act made me loyal to dana.
I understand bt cud ncaa possibly be lying? Guy let's just forget abt it n move on.I wil do further research on dis sha. Wth d new aircraft coming soon,d airline wil get even better. Ma broda na one tin persn take dey like smtin o dana is doing weLl n we pray dat unfortunate accident dat is making nigerians fear wil nt occur again in our annals.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by chukkynwob(m): 10:33pm On Jun 11, 2013

V²=U² - 2as for decelaration....

Where V is final velocity ie Zero cos the plane is halting
U is initial velocity before aborting takeoff
a is deceleration as a result of breaking
S is the distance required to bring the plane to a complete halt.

If L is remaining length of runway,what is saying is that at V(r), S> 1/3 L

N:B the plane already used about two-thirds(2/3 L) of the runway to attain the rotate velocity V(r) before initiating takeoff abort.

What the OP described is impossible..at best the pilot would have taken off, turned around and attempt an emergency landing.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
wellmax: @ OP, I wonder what your problem is, your title is completely misleading.
The pilot noticed a technical fault and decided not to take any risk, since they just had a bitter experience.
My friend, he's just been careful, other pilots will still go on and nothing will happen.
So don't come here crying like they laid you for sacrifice.

You are sick in the head
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by chukkynwob(m): 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
okpara ugo:

You are sick in the head

Did you see my post? What the op described is impossible..
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 11, 2013
Dreamflyin: OP dis is an affront to the aviation community. That the pilot took emergency procedures and landed safely does not mean that the plane was in grave danger, rather it goes a long way to show the professionalism of Dana Air management and pilots.
Attacking Dana brand, that values ur life and their brand by landing the aircraft after a technical glitch is so unfair.

Boardroom english language dey spoil mata.. Oga dont toy with your life...
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
50calibre: Thank God you survived! I hope you learn from your mistake.

Please guys, under no circumstance should you fly in Nigeria, the aircrafts are nothing short of flying coffins, they are old, poorly maintained, and poorly checked. The airlines themselves have come to the realisation that the Nigerian government places no worth on human lives.

I'd rather travel 12 hours by land than fly in nigeria

I did do thesame... I havent forgotten my own experience too... Where a plane had to fly around the airport for close to 45minutes b4 landing yet no explanations after a turbulent flight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adeboye, Suswam Visit Suntai In New-York / PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds / Vote And Remain In Slavery - Nnamdi Kanu Tells Igbo's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.