Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday (18885 Views)

‘Why Bitumen Exploration Is Just Taking Off In Ondo’ / Graphic Photo Of Sunday Terror Killed At Ebute-metta Lagos Yesterday / Photo Of Bicyclists Taking Off From Daura To Abuja For The Inauguration May 29th (2) (3) (4)

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
. angry
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Virick(m): 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
The problem is Humanity's current technology. Not the airlines. Man has chosen to use explosives for 'propulsion'. Until our flight capabilities are perfected or at least the current one of imitating birds done away with, there is going to be another crash, soon. I'm afraid it is inevitable. We can point fingers at airlines all we want, even the best airline in the world right now (by whatever yard stick such is decided) will eventually have an incident or accident.

Folks, this is technological limitation not exclusively an airline one unless in the case of sabotage, as i 'suspect' Dana was.

If it makes you happy, know that 'accidents don't just happen to people'. It is pre-arranged and pre-agreed at 'soul level' and when the time comes to drop the body, the time comes, air crash or not, Dana or not.

Perhaps you of great, true thinking capacity can come up with ways to replace the fossil fuel-powered wing craft, altogether.

Boeing412: Here's my personal experience with Dana yesterday....passengers beware o!

We boarded a dana flight 9J-357(LOS-ABV) yesterday at MM2 Lagos finally @ past 5pm after an hour delay,only for the plane to taxi,rise into the air a bit and suddenly came down again!

Everyone on board thought it was the end of our sojourn here on earth!

The pilot then announced it was a technical problem and didn't want to take chances so we had to board another plane...just barely a year after the last crash....makes me wonder if anyone cares about human lives in this Country!

Dana should b grounded til they stop "managing" planes.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by gen2briz(m): 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
Why always Dana
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by TeenageMoney(m): 6:16pm On Jun 11, 2013
Like if you think Dana should Be closed Finally In Naija

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by dridowu: 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
50calibre: Thank God you survived! I hope you learn from your mistake.

Please guys, under no circumstance should you fly in Nigeria, the aircrafts are nothing short of flying coffins, they are old, poorly maintained, and poorly checked. The airlines themselves have come to the realisation that the Nigerian government places no worth on human lives.

I'd rather travel 12 hours by land than fly in nigeria
tell me d place where accident do not occur on land. I wil alwaz choose air transport 1milion xs dan transpt
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by sholay2011(m): 6:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
baby_123: eyah, it seems like you deserve it. You see other's died, you still went to go and chook your head. You will die for nothing and they will not pay your family anything. Go and ask families going through this. I cant believe they are still in business and people are using them.
Are you for real?? undecided
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
Has only used Arik once.
AERO is my favorite cos of her huge discount.
Not considering Dan. Not nw, not in the futere
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
ebamma 3: after that dana air crash last year, anybody still flying dana air this year is committing suicide, Op next time write your will first before flying dana air and rip in advance

Personally adn in my opinion, anybody that is flying on a local airliner inside Nigeria is taunting sucicide.

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by 50calibre(m): 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
Virick: The problem is Humanity's current technology. Not the airlines. Man has chosen to use explosives for 'propulsion'. Until our flight capabilities are perfected or at least the current one of imitating birds done away with, there is going to be another crash, soon. I'm afraid it is inevitable. We can point fingers at airlines all we want, even the best airline in the world right now (by whatever yard stick such is decided) will eventually have an incident or accident.

Folks, this is technological limitation, not exclusively an airline one, unless, in the case of sabotage as i 'suspect' Dana was.

If it makes you happy, know that 'accidents don't just happen to people'. It is pre-arranged and pre-agreed at 'soul level' and when the time comes to drop the body, the time comes, air crash or not, Dana or not.

Perhaps you of great, true thinking capacity can come up with ways to replace the fossil fuel-powered wing craft, altogether.

What the hell is this? Don't you know there are airlines or aircrafts with near perfect safety records? Have you found a new technology or theory that can completely rewrite the current laws of aerodynamics?

Fossil fuel (apart from nuclear) is the only thing capable of generating the explosive power/energy enough to power massive aircraft engines, and still be time efficient. A solar plane was tested in the US few weeks ago, but it was very light weight and slower than a car.

Tell me because what you are saying here is you have a better idea than what is currently available.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by 50calibre(m): 6:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
dridowu: tell me d place where accident do not occur on land. I wil alwaz choose air transport 1milion xs dan transpt

Yes statistically, air travel is safer than land but in Nigeria, you are better of taking your chances on land where you can still survive an accident unlike air where you are almost certainly sure to be killed should an accident occur.

Besides in Nigeria, there are much more land travels than air, so the odds favour you on land.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by idupaul: 6:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
I predicted the first Dana crash and I am predicting another .. Avoid Dana ooo
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by splashbaby(m): 6:48pm On Jun 11, 2013
So people still dey carry their money and life go fly Dana...God will even blame you when you die!

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
splashbaby: So people still dey carry their money and life go fly Dana...God will even blame you when you die!
gbam!

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by omar22(m): 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
We have a lot of idiots out there, its bad enough they (Dana) Killed 150+ people, refuse to compensate for the lives that was lost.....

Is it $30k or N30k compensation?

And people still get on this plane? the whole nation should boycott the airline.. The person who quoted that we get the government we deserve is 100% correct.

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by sweetponmo(m): 6:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
[quote author=supomi]well i think that is rather unfortunate but on a serious note if one is a frequent flyer u wd know that this tins happen. safety is in the hands of God and not man. Dana or no Dana, no airline can guarantee 100 percent safety in Nigeria. last year's accident was unfortunate especially as a frequent and ardent flyer and follower of Dana air, but what we would continue to do, is to keep praying against a re-occurrence. Dana air remains my most preferred airline cos most of our airlines package themselves, they all use old planes. At least we hear Dana air is expecting
new aircraft so that is
good news for us.[/
quote]

Supomi, I see you are Dana enthusiast. I hope that one of your loved ones will be caught in the web of Dana plane crash. I wonder if you will have the balls to vehemently defend Dana...
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by flytexperience: 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2013
Boeing412: Dana Air Almost Killed Me Yesterday

Here's my personal experience with Dana yesterday....passengers beware o!

We boarded a dana flight 9J-357(LOS-ABV) yesterday at MM2 Lagos finally @ past 5pm after an hour delay,only for the plane to taxi,rise into the air a bit and suddenly came down again!

Everyone on board thought it was the end of our sojourn here on earth!

The pilot then announced it was a technical problem and didn't want to take chances so we had to board another plane...just barely a year after the last crash....makes me wonder if anyone cares about human lives in this Country!

Dana should b grounded til they stop "managing" planes.

Boeing412

Share you flight experience with us at www.flytexperience.com Check out flytexperience(Nigeria) fan page at www.facebook.com/myflytexperience
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by ollyruffy: 7:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
People are still flying dana air in this country? Some people like to gamble with their lifes sha.

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by eaglechild: 7:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
"only for the plane to
taxi,rise into the air a bit and
suddenly came down again!"
Are u referring to a passenger Boeing/ Embraer jet, or a 1920 biplane?
What do u mean by rise in the air a bit cause that's just ridiculous.

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by emamos: 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
baby_123: eyah, it seems like you deserve it. You see other's died, you still went to go and chook your head. You will die for nothing and they will not pay your family anything. Go and ask families going through this. I cant believe they are still in business and people are using them.
ANIMAL

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by baby124: 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
emamos: ANIMAL

Your mother
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by OLOYEDEOREOLUWA(f): 7:28pm On Jun 11, 2013
The effect of giving airlines dat take precautionary measures (such as landing after discovering a little fault) bad press is dat they will manage the plane next time rather dan land and fix it cos they don't want negative publicity such as this!
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
50calibre: Thank God you survived! I hope you learn from your mistake.

Please guys, under no circumstance should you fly in Nigeria, the aircrafts are nothing short of flying coffins, they are old, poorly maintained, and poorly checked. The airlines themselves have come to the realisation that the Nigerian government places no worth on human lives.

I'd rather travel 12 hours by land than fly in nigeria
yawns
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by josiahriches(m): 7:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
ok thank god for u
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by parki: 7:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
I don't understand why people want to fly Dana air despite the crash of last year which killed many. Dana air haven't changed any of their aircraft even after the sad event. They still fly the same old poor managed planes and this puts anyone who flies them at risk.
I am a frequent flyer and I av often argued with people who fly dana because their airfares are relatively cheap that they are putting their lives at risk.
Arik and Aero are not fantastic but they pose less risk. moreover, they have their planes maintained by lufthansa.. based on records, Dana has crashed but arik and aero haven't. For me, I tell people to stick to lesser devils, arik or aero.
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2013
Hmmmm...i thought when a plane starts flying it can't come down authomatically...shaa..whoteva..ThankChineke u are alive!
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Kingsteve(m): 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
@ Op and others still flying with Dana... ARE YOU GUYS STUPID/DUMB?
It's beyond my understanding why someone would still choose to fly with that airline, after the tales of lack of proper management and maintenance from the company, which led to the untimely and gory death of people?

I don't wish evil on anyone, but if people still choose to fly with that airline, then they shouldn't blame anyone for whatever happens to them.
It is only in Nigeria that people STILL patronise a product/company, with a dodgy history.

End of Rant!

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
I seriously doubt the veracity of this claim, it smacks of prevarication and uniformed bias. Once an aircraft is past V1(Decision Speed) and has reached Vr(Rotation Speed), it MUST take off no matter the severity of any malfunction it might be experiencing as attempting a RTO(rejected take off) at that point would almost certainly result in a runway overun.
A MD-83(the aircraft which makes up dana's fleet) needs at least 6000feet to reach rotation speed at an average weight of about 145,000 pounds. The runway it took off from, runway 18L is 9000feet; so suggesting it was able to come to a complete stop after lift off within a distance of just 3000feet is absolutely ludicrous.

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
you enter dana plane ? lipsrsealed
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
[quote author=Somorin#1]

Personally adn in my opinion, anybody that is flying on a local airliner inside Nigeria is taunting sucicide.[/quoe]

Suicide bros

am around though not stalking
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by BSF: 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2013
B737NG: I seriously doubt the veracity of this claim, it smacks of prevarication and uniformed bias. Once an aircraft is past V1(Decision Speed) and has reached Vr(Rotation Speed), it MUST take off no matter the severity of any malfunction it might be experiencing as attempting a RTO(rejected take off) at that point would almost certainly result in a runway overun.
A MD-83(the aircraft which makes up dana's fleet) needs at least 6000feet to reach rotation speed at an average weight of about 145,000 pounds. The runway it took off from, runway 18L is 9000feet; so suggesting it was able to come to a complete stop after lift off within a distance of just 3000feet is absolutely ludicrous.

Oh men see Aviation experts dey talk. I dey gbadun you guys
Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by denitro(m): 8:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
Boeing412: Dana Air Almost Killed Me Yesterday

Please explain yourself.
A plane can't rise into the air and then suddenly come down again without crashing.
When the pilot raises the nose up for takeoff, he has gone beyond V1 (Decision speed, beyond which it is impossible to abort a take-off and stop safely within the remaining runway length).

I find your story hard to believe. Or did the plane fly in the air, make a turn towards the airport and then returned
to the airport?

Re: Dana Air Had Technical Fault While Taking-Off In Lagos Yesterday by coputa(m): 8:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
Is any of the indigenous airlines that crashed in time past still flying,viz..ADC..SOSOLISO and others....why is it that a foreign airline (DANA AIR) that killed promising Nigerians is still allowed to fly....are the regulatory authorities waiting for another mayhem before they will do what is right....

175 Inmates Escape In Jail-Break In Akure / Mob Beat Up INEC Driver For ‘Diverting’ Election Materials / Ramadan: Buhari Attends Opening Ceremony Of Ramadan Tafsir In Abuja - Photos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49