Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister (9301 Views)

'All Former Air Force Chiefs Diverted N558.2million Monthly'-Ex-NAF Finance Dir. / I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Pataki: 11:26am On Jun 12, 2013
Oh halleluyah!!!!!

No more Boko Haram! No more militant twats just collecting allowee for nothing.

No more street touts! No more kidnappers! No more jobless youths parading our streets.

1.2 million mining jobs up for grabs!

World Bank shame on you for lying to Nigerians that unemployment rate has risen in Nigeria! Our retardeen president and his crooks can never lie to us!!!
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Garrithe1st: 11:45am On Jun 12, 2013
homesteady: OK tanks!! You people believed when the minister said about 120million nigerians are without electricity!! Are they not serving under the same government?? So why do you believe one minister and doubt another minster??

GEJ is a serial liar so I doubt anything I hear from him or his minions.

That said, who told you I believe the 120M figure??

I'm sure it is higher (maybe 140M or so). Afterall

Aso rock doesn't have light.

The Presidency is to spend the sum of N654.02 million on generators in 2013.

The money covers the cost of maintenance of plants and generators as well as the cost of fuelling them.

The money also covers the amount set aside to replace some generators in the institutions under the Presidency.

In 2012, the Federal Government including the presidency, ministries, departments and agencies proposed to spend more than N1.31bn in fuelling generators.

The budget for fuelling generators for the entire government in 2013 could not be determined as at press time.

Similarly, the presidency will spend N3.78bn on trips overseas in the 2013 financial year.

Budget details reveal that the State House Quarters has a provision of N60,664, 571 and N72,510,832 for ‘maintenance of plants/generators’ and ‘plant and generator fuel cost.’

Also, the proposed budget provides for N26, 639,586 for generator maintenance and N49, 108,333 as fuel cost for power generators.

A budgetary provision is also made for the purchase of a generating set at the sum of N60m and another N60m for what was described as “on-going projects.”

The budget also provides N34, 024,985, for generator maintenance and N23.402, 499 as cost of fuel next year.

Also, the BPE is to spend N12m and N2, 576,794m on fueling of generators and their maintenance respectively.

Among the organisations under the Presidency, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the National Identity Management Commission have the highest allocation for power provision through generators.

While the anti-graft agency budgeted N74, 341,739 for fuelling and N8, 629,595 for maintenance, NIMC has a proposal of N60, 652,526 for fuel supply and N30, 396,182 for maintenance.

Another agency under the Presidency, the Bureau for Public Procurement has a proposal of N4.2 million for generator maintenance and N1.4 million for fuelling them.

The National Emergency Management Agency will get N11m for power and maintaining generators out of which N7m is pencilled down for maintenance and N4m for fuelling.

Other agencies such as the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, Jos budgeted N2m for maintenance of generators, the Nigeria Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative has N1,27m for plant maintenance and N860,677 as cost of fuel, the National Boundary Commission, N1.69m and N773.217 for plant maintenance and fuel cost.

Also, N1.1m is proposed for fuelling generators in the office of the Special Adviser to the President on MDG, and N5 million as generator maintenance cost in Nigeria Atomic Energy Commission, which also proposes N2.5m as cost of fuelling.

Foreign travel by the Presidency, on the other hand, is to cost N3.78bn in 2013.

The estimates reveal that the State House, office of the Vice-President as well as some agencies under the presidency are proposing to spend this amount.

This amount excludes what is being proposed for spending for the same purpose locally.

According to the budget, the amount will be spent on “International Travel and Transport: Training & others.”

The State House Quarters proposes to spend N149.9m on international travel and transport: Training.

Under the sub-head ‘International Travel and Transport: Others’ it is also to spend N1.2bn.

Under the sub-head, “Presidency State House, International Travel and Transport: Training and others,” the sum of N118m and N902.4m is proposed for spending.

The office of the Vice President has a budget of N419m under the same sub-head.

http://www.punchng.com/news/presidency-to-spend-n654-02m-on-generators/

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by kreamidiva(f): 12:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
Ewoooooooo!!! #holding my head and slumping on the floor!#

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by apoti(m): 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2013
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by eunisam: 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
Ghost worker

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by guy1234: 1:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
So that means if we take a sample of every 12-15 Nigerians,one must be a miner.Chai,dis ppl can lie o. Besides have u ever heard of any new mining company carrying out massive recruitment? The only mining jobs are those that had been for years.Not new ones unser Gej. Please prove us wrong o,sincere9geria

2 Likes

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by yuzedo: 1:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
Say whaaa?

3 Likes

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by apoti(m): 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: These worshippers at Tinubu's shrine are ridiculous creatures. When its positive report, it must be a lie but when its negative it must be true.

How can a people who know nothing about the mining sector write off this report as a lie? For the information of all, the raw materials used in local cement production does not fall from the moon. It all comes from the mining sector. Same applies to steel, ceramics, floor tiles,etc. As we speak, Nigeria no longer imports cement, because the local cement plants can now sufficiently meet local demands.

Guy I am a Mining Engineer and I can tell you that you that this man is telling the truth and lying at the same time.

The truth: the figures about the number of mines and active quarries in the country is probably true. The largest operating mine in the country is Obajana Limestone Quarry owned by Dangote and that supplies majority of the raw materials for his cement factories. The other big mines are Enugu coal mines (now closed) and Itakpe Iron mine (that also has stopped operation because Ajaokuta steel company that receives its produce is not operating). Others are granite quarries used in road construction and concrete for building. There are also gemstone quarries all over the country. So without any doubt the industry has the capacity to employ a lot of workers.

The lies: Saying the FG has created 1.2 million jobs in this industry is not only a lie but a fraud shocked 1.2 million is almost 1% of the total population of the country. it is very obvious that 1% of the population do not work in mines or quarry. Also saying this is an achievement by the Ministry of FG is one of worst lies to be told by this government. These mines have been in existence before GEJ dreamt of becoming the president. I visited a couple of these mines when I was a student many years ago. So for him to make it look as if the FG just created these job is criminal. Just like when Maku said GEJ brought Facebook to Nigeria (I'm not surprised because it seems everyone in GEJ caucus lies expressly). Most of these mines are not even owned by the FG. the ones they own (enugu and Itakpe) are not in operation.

The Minister should be sacked for this fraudulent claim. This shows he is not doing anything and he's looking for good figures to claim as his achievements

13 Likes

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by ewet: 1:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
Where are the stats to back this claim up or didn't anybody tell the minister tht when you are making assertions like this you need facts to back up your claim. This people must really take us for fools like them.

There is no way a sector in nigeria would have attracted that many jobs that the economy would not have felt it.evry1 wuld have knwn.Job seekers knw how and where jobs exist and i tell you those mines wuld have bin flooded by now that there wuld hav bin over application.

this is a spurious statement and only exists in the ministers obviously demented imaginative figments.

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by drnoel: 1:23pm On Jun 12, 2013
gbanikiti: HOLY MARY HUSBAND OF JOSEPH THE CARPENTER!!! WHAT KIND OF WHITE LIE IS THIS? WHY DO THE GOVERNMENT RESORT TO CHEAP LIES? WHY! WHY! angry
If u don't know better why open ur mouth so u can shown us how ignorant u are. Why don't u just Google the information and get us proof why its a lie. Abei u no sabi use Google? Nigerians, u people really have to grow-up and learn how to constructively make ur point. Don't just come here and scream lier and expect us to clap for u.
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Studentsvoice: 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2013
homesteady:

Is it to good to be true?? Can't it happen?? Do you have proof that it is a lie?? Do you know anything about the mining sector?? Have you been to any mining site?? If you want more information about the new development, then you can go to their website!! Google is not your enemy!!
...Bro it might be true,but the Minister saying, he has created over 1.2million job is a lie just to creat cheap publicity stunts to his improverished self....voice of Nigerian students...voice of God
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by ojofu(m): 1:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
homesteady: But you guys believed when the minister of power for state said that 'about 50million Nigerians are without electricity' I'm not sure of the figures!!

We believed the minister of power because we are directly feeling the effect of what he said and you can easily varify it that if not for generators, majority of nigerians would have being living in total darkness.

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by ewet: 1:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
solomon111: do you have any proof that this report is a lie?

Do you need any prove to knw whether its day or night? This is arrant bare faced lying.There is knw way tht many jobs will exist somewhere and you think job hunters will not rush to that place.

The ports employ so many people you can obviosly see so also,computer village ikeja,ladipo spare parts market all in lagos.There are also massive employment hubs such as songhai agric project in kwara,industrial hubs such as otta,mowe-ibafo,agbara all in Ogun state, you have the Aba,onitsha business hubs in the east. These are very visible employment hubs that all can see and feel.You will always knw 1 or 2 persons working in each of these places.

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by bfmconcepts: 1:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
popaganda
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by ATMCARD2(m): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2013
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Diasporan(m): 1:47pm On Jun 12, 2013
We have over 1 million Nairalanders in Nigeria and in diaspora therefore my own take on this issue is if truely the FG created these so called jobs atleast one Nairalander or relatives of a Nairalander must have been a beneficiary.But if contrary then the Minister should apologise to the unemployed youths he just lied against.Cause that will show that the employment was for Nigerians living in their dreams.Mind you am a supporter of GEJ but i don't condone lies

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by opson2yk(m): 1:57pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: These worshippers at Tinubu's shrine are ridiculous creatures. When its positive report, it must be a lie but when its negative it must be true.

How can a people who know nothing about the mining sector write off this report as a lie? For the information of all, the raw materials used in local cement production does not fall from the moon. It all comes from the mining sector. Same applies to steel, ceramics, floor tiles,etc. As we speak, Nigeria no longer imports cement, because the local cement plants can now sufficiently meet local demands.

I don't really think that one need to be reading the activities of each ministry in order to know hw far or much they achieved. If the achievement is as mega as the hon. Minister as mentioned it, it doesn't need to be said before an avarage nigerian will know simply because it would av impacted a lot on the lives of the citizens. The question U̶̲̥̅̊ shld av pondered upon is: did the 1.2million jobs created is solely in GEJ administration under the watch of the minister? Or is it the total since the creation of the ministry. Etc. The truth is that, if GEJ had created 1.2million jobs the said ministry alone, that would av been and it would be the talk of the media for a while. So let's reason and don't let anybody bamboozle us wt some words that needs to be checked or verify.
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 12, 2013
So the mining sector now employs 1.2 million rural workers - a significant increase from the 350,000 mentioned by the same minister last year? I suppose it is possible in a sector which has always held much promise, and where most of the workforce operates on a casual basis.

The low entry requirements indicated below suggest mining will remain a minefield for some time to come.

The National President, Progressive Miners Empowerment Association (PMEA), Mr Sunday Ekozien, had in a forum to showcase the contributions of the mining industry, said millions of unemployed youths can be taken off the labour market if the industry is revived. Ekozien said every state in Nigeria is endowed with mineral resources, adding that the resources would help in creating jobs and further galvanise the economy.

He said the country has been a dumping ground for imported goods, while a lot of resources that can generate revenue and jobs are left untapped, adding that if the government can revive the sector, it could provide jobs for the teeming populace.

He explained that there are diffenret levels of entry into the mining business, arguing that people have the power to determine the area they want. Ekozien said mining can be categorised into artisans, small, medium and large scale to suit the needs of investors. He said what is required to be effectively involved in artisan mining is about N1million, small mining N50 million, medium N200 million and large sacle mining N1 billion.

He said each category determines the number of jobs to be created, advising Nigerians to try and invest in the mining industry.

He explained that a mining site can accommodate as many investors as possible because there are different lines of jobs to be executed.

Speaking on the issue, a quary operator in Idanre, Ondo State, Chief Sunkanmi Edunoye, said an artisan miner can create a minimum of 50 direct and indirect jobs, adding that the ability to create jobs depend on the nature of the solid mineral resources. He said a mining industry can create jobs for carpenters, welders, dredgers, bricklayers, transporters and food sellers, among other informal operators. He said formal operators that can work for a mining company include book keepers, accountants and marketers.

Source
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Reyspin(m): 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2013
When will our Govt stop all these "will" "to"... They are always promising to buh has never fulfild...
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by bobthebuilder99(m): 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2013
Every single one of us knows this is a lie.

If you like GEJ that's fine, but don't disrespect yourself by pretending that this nonsense is true.

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by dridowu: 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2013
Lie , Lie, Lie Lie and Lie

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2013
apoti:

Guy I am a Mining Engineer and I can tell you that you that this man is telling the truth and lying at the same time.

The truth: the figures about the number of mines and active quarries in the country is probably true. The largest operating mine in the country is Obajana Limestone Quarry owned by Dangote and that supplies majority of the raw materials for his cement factories. The other big mines are Enugu coal mines (now closed) and Itakpe Iron mine (that also has stopped operation because Ajaokuta steel company that receives its produce is not operating). Others are granite quarries used in road construction and concrete for building. There are also gemstone quarries all over the country. So without any doubt the industry has the capacity to employ a lot of workers.

The lies: Saying the FG has created 1.2 million jobs in this industry is not only a lie but a fraud shocked 1.2 million is almost 1% of the total population of the country. it is very obvious that 1% of the population do not work in mines or quarry. Also saying this is an achievement by the Ministry of FG is one of worst lies to be told by this government. These mines have been in existence before GEJ dreamt of becoming the president. I visited a couple of these mines when I was a student many years ago. So for him to make it look as if the FG just created these job is criminal. Just like when Maku said GEJ brought Facebook to Nigeria (I'm not surprised because it seems everyone in GEJ caucus lies expressly). Most of these mines are not even owned by the FG. the ones they own (enugu and Itakpe) are not in operation.

The Minister should be sacked for this fraudulent claim. This shows he is not doing anything and he's looking for good figures to claim as his achievements
Please show us when and how "Maku said GEJ brought facebook to Nigeria". Show us any media report (reputable media), audio or video where such statement was made. If you dont, then you must be wicked liar who should not be taken seriously. It also implies that all your claims in your post are LIES, LIES, LIES!!
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by walexy14(m): 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
Wholesale n retail opportunities of this Non Alcoholic, 100percent Pure Oil and 8 different designer fragrance in 1 box from Malaysia now available in Nigeria .Contact us on http://www.onedropperfumes.co.ke 08036450638 or BB pin 32E7D2C4 for More details

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Image123(m): 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2013
Ahhhhh, FG give 1.2million what? Is it naira or human beings? Many people go so sober for judgment day.

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 12, 2013
Where are the JOBS?

Sincere 9gerian:
Dont mind the shameless hypocrites. When its negative report, they embrace it wholesale but when its positive they try to discredit it. They'r here shouting and screaming lies because that's what their master, Tinubu, wants to hear. I'm sure deep in their hearts, the shouts of lies is half-hearted.

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by AZeD1(m): 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Please show us when and how "Maku said GEJ brought facebook to Nigeria". Show us any media report (reputable media), audio or video where such statement was made. If you dont, then you must be wicked liar who should not be taken seriously. It also implies that all your claims in your post are LIES, LIES, LIES!!

Dude every sincere Nigerian (alive or dead) knows Maku made that statement.

4 Likes

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by kingston247: 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/138512-mining-activities-have-created-over-1-2-million-jobs-mines-and-steel-minister.html

Its only on paper we get to see millions of jobs created!...Abeg make them talk anoda tin...

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by echibuzor: 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
I didnt read much of the Post, neither did I read the comments but I have the confidence to say that the Ministry is really trying to up the ante, judging by usual standards... I happen to be a Youth Corps Member serving in one of the Parastatals under the MMSD (Ministry of Mines and Steel Development) So I therefore know a bit of what i am talking about...
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by udemzyudex(m): 2:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
I always say this to anybody who want to listen..

Corruption is not the problem of Nigeria..
The problem of Nigeria is NEGATIVE MINDSET

i wonder why some people always say that government are not doing anything when they all believe they can't..

IF U'RE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION,THEN U'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by lastpage: 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
Garri the 1st: [size=28pt]LIAR!!![/size]

Which company??

When??

Where??

Kai!!!!

Jonathan and his gang of liars no go kill pesin with "Papa Ajasco" and company-kind of Story!!!

Dont mind them, they think everyone is as "clueless" as they are!

No be only one point-two million jobs, ...na 160-Million jobs! grin
Just look around you, look at the millions of unemployed Graduates ...and you will not fail to see through all these LIES they spin around.
Maybe na GHOSTS him employ for the jobs he created! grin grin

SHAMELESS, CRASE MINISTER ...and his "40 Laptops" Propaganda team! tongue

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by apoti(m): 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Oooops I guess I touched some nerves tongue
I don't expect you to take me seriously because I just disproved the claims of one of your oga's ministers. Those that are intelligent enough understands that GEJ and his Ministers are bunch of scammers. They lie with so much confidence that you begin to wonder if all Nigerians are f00ls.

Instead of calling me names, show me how, where and when the Minister created the so-called jobs,

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Dada Olatunji, Ex-Fire Service Boss Over Employment Scam / Opening Ceremony Of Tokyo International Conference On African Development / I Won’t Disclose Those Eligible To Be In My New Cabinet – Buhari Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.