Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,068 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister (9302 Views)

'All Former Air Force Chiefs Diverted N558.2million Monthly'-Ex-NAF Finance Dir. / I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by olapluto(m): 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
It is reports like this that confirms what the execuTHIEVES think of ordinary Nigerians. Why do they LIE through their teeth without fearing God?? 1.2 million jobs created? Where? in what state?
I think we ordinary Nigerians owe it a duty to ask for more evidence of these perennial lies of unsubstantiated development.

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by theplanmaker: 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: These worshippers at Tinubu's shrine are ridiculous creatures. When its positive report, it must be a lie but when its negative it must be true.

How can a people who know nothing about the mining sector write off this report as a lie? For the information of all, the raw materials used in local cement production does not fall from the moon. It all comes from the mining sector. Same applies to steel, ceramics, floor tiles,etc. As we speak, Nigeria no longer imports cement, because the local cement plants can now sufficiently meet local demands.

Mr Abati , nigerians are familiar with the lying nature of its leaders, hence they ll only believe it if they can see and verify it. can you sincerely say that these ghost-like progress you always talk about has affected the standard of living of up to 50% of the population? this is the yard stick with which nigerians measure. it is sad to note that we only see this progress on paper . besides, nigerians do not have a knack for believing negative stories, it is just so unfortunate that those negative stories are those we are already use to I.e we can see and verify it. abi do u nid world bank to tell u dat d so called economic growth has not translated to improved standard of living b4 u believe? or dat the increased power generation has not affected up to 5% of d population?
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by lastpage: 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
ola_pluto: It is reports like this that confirms what the execuTHIEVES think of ordinary Nigerians. Why do they LIE through their teeth without fearing God?? 1.2 million jobs created? Where? in what state?
I think we ordinary Nigerians owe it a duty to ask for more evidence of these perennial lies of unsubstantiated development.

Naaah, according to his "40 laptops", we are just supposed to say "Raankah-dehdey", Oga well-done! grin grin

what do you expect from clueless people in position of power?

Lastpage!

BTW: I never knew it was Mr. Abati (the same Abati of the Guardian?) that is SINCERE"DeceitfulNigerian"
Wonders shall never end! grin grin
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by emiye(m): 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/138512-mining-activities-have-created-over-1-2-million-jobs-mines-and-steel-minister.html
1.254 million jobs from 1710 quarries, 223 small scale mining operations, 195 mining leases, 2048 exploration leases.

From what period where these jobs created? it could be in the last 10, 15, 20 or 30 years. H

I think the minister is economical with the truth. He ought to have stated the range of period when the jobs were created for a critical appreciation of the volume of jobs created.

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by GJames(m): 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Please show us when and how "Maku said GEJ brought facebook to Nigeria". Show us any media report (reputable media), audio or video where such statement was made. If you dont, then you must be wicked liar who should not be taken seriously. It also implies that all your claims in your post are LIES, LIES, LIES!!
I'm suspecting this guy is Labaran Maku.

3 Likes

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by bobthebuilder99(m): 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
G.James:

I'm suspecting this guy is Labaran Maku.

It's not hard to find proof that Maku said that either.

http://lindaikeji..com/2010/12/i-want-to-thank-goodluck-jonathan-for.html?m=1

grin

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by playahP(m): 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
As soon as I saw the topic, I knew it was going to be by "sincere 9gerian"..... He's a propaganda machine and I stopped reading his post a long time ago!!
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Pukkah: 3:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Please show us when and how "Maku said GEJ brought facebook to Nigeria". Show us any media report (reputable media), audio or video where such statement was made. If you dont, then you must be wicked liar who should not be taken seriously. It also implies that all your claims in your post are LIES, LIES, LIES!!

You want only audio or video? Incredulous.

But this issue was once thrashed on Nairaland when your now sacked boss (Beaf) was alive on the forum. As usual, he only offered a silly explanation.

https://www.nairaland.com/572965/want-thank-gej-bringing-facebook

@topic

Honestly, if any ministry has created as many as 1.2 million jobs, you won't need any argument to prove it.

Do you know what that figure implies?
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by texazzpete(m): 4:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
LOOOL

Nearly 1% of Nigeria's population miraculously provided jobs by the GEJ administration?

Right!

These liars will burn in the hottest part of hell o!

3 Likes

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by samesolomon(m): 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
story story story mr minister,when was the last time u visited ajaokuta?

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Emmasonic4me: 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
To start with, if u knw u didn‘t watch/follow the ongoing ministerial platform live, I fink u shld better keep quiet and just read other people‘s comment instead of saying wht u dnt knw.
Going by wht d minister of mines n steel said, i think there is a tremendous improvement in the sector. For those doubting d validity of his claims, U need to see the way he urges people n gentlemen of d press present in d forum to take dia time n go n comfirm these facts...BUT d grey aspect of wht he said was d provision of jobs...I cnt recall wht he responded when sm1 asked him if d jobs provided was at d ministry or he employed skilled n qualified persons to be directly involved in d mining...
Not forgeting to mention dt I like d information minister n d way he speaks, his methodologies n ideologies...right frm d GOOD GOVERNNCE TOUR to dis ongoing MINISTERIAL PLATFORM. I just like him.
In summary, going by d report, d minister is not doing bad.
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by InvertedHammer: 4:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
"1.254 million jobs " makes it seem like someone, somewhere is keeping data updates. Yeah right!

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Dee60: 4:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
Haba!

Tomorrow they will tell us that they have secured 500 trillion dollars foreign investments! God dey!

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2013
Pukkah:

You want only audio or video? Incredulous.

But this issue was once thrashed on Nairaland when your now sacked boss (Beaf) was alive on the forum. As usual, he only offered a silly explanation.

https://www.nairaland.com/572965/want-thank-gej-bringing-facebook

@topic

Honestly, if any ministry has created as many as 1.2 million jobs, you won't need any argument to prove it.

Do you know what that figure implies?
lol.., Look at this man. You must be joking? That was a baseless statement posted made by an anonymous ID on NL. What media organisation carried the report? Show us if there's any. This is how you guys go about spreading lies. Shame!
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Pukkah: 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
lol.., Look at this man. You must be joking? That was a baseless statement posted made by an anonymous ID on NL. What media organisation carried the report? Show us if there's any. This is how you guys go about spreading lies. Shame!

Prove your phantom 1.2million jobs.

If you don't or can't, it could cost you your current mercenary job.

Anyway, you can easily get another job from the Million Jobs ministry.

1.2million jobs! Haba! Stop spreading lies. Be honourable. Where is Beaf today? Where is Andoaaakaa today?
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

It's not hard to find proof that Maku said that either.

http://lindaikeji..com/2010/12/i-want-to-thank-goodluck-jonathan-for.html?m=1

grin
What is the source? That is the koko of the matter. The link said the source is "people" who watched the programmed live on AIT. Incredible. Who is "people"? Are you "people"? Nonsense! How come Punch, Vanguard, SR, Guardian, etc and other serious media organisations did not report the gossip? Shameless liars.

Labaran Maku could never have said such. Never!

Anyway, bunch of losers can continue in their lies, deceit and gossips.
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by bobthebuilder99(m): 5:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
What is the source? That is the koko of the matter. The link said the source is "people" who watched the programmed live on AIT. Incredible. Who is "people"? Are you "people"? Nonsense! How come Punch, Vanguard, SR, Guardian, etc and other serious media organisations did not report the gossip? Shameless liars.

Labaran Maku could never have said such. Never!

Anyway, bunch of losers can continue in their lies, deceit and gossips.

The man said it on live TV!

You think all the people that saw it were drunk?
Abeg limi o! I don tire. grin
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by batstan(m): 5:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
Emmasonic4me: To start with, if u knw u didn‘t watch/follow the ongoing ministerial platform live, I fink u shld better keep quiet and just read other people‘s comment instead of saying wht u dnt knw.
Going by wht d minister of mines n steel said, i think there is a tremendous improvement in the sector. For those doubting d validity of his claims, U need to see the way he urges people n gentlemen of d press present in d forum to take dia time n go n comfirm these facts...BUT d grey aspect of wht he said was d provision of jobs...I cnt recall wht he responded when sm1 asked him if d jobs provided was at d ministry or he employed skilled n qualified persons to be directly involved in d mining...
Not forgeting to mention dt I like d information minister n d way he speaks, his methodologies n ideologies...right frm d GOOD GOVERNNCE TOUR to dis ongoing MINISTERIAL PLATFORM. I just like him.
In summary, going by d report, d minister is not doing bad.
U mean?
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
The mining sector in Nigeria is largely informal & to learn same provides 'x + 1.2m' jobs is indeedgood news. The sector has to be bigger than our cement industry, bigger than the 'formal' mining sector in Ghana (or Niger Rep.) by several multiples and should soon start competing with Nigeria's oil sector in terms of employment. Ghana, West Africa's leading mining industry, cannot lay claim to one tenth of +1.2m jobs in the country's formal/private sector. I stand to be corrected. We should encourage the Hon. Minister to publish names of those mining companies that paid N60b in taxes 'alone' in 2012 for the avoidance of doubts. For sure these can't be small time concerns. For the purpose of clarity, he can also take each of the plants making up Ajaokuta, ASCL, one by one and explain how unprofessionalism did not make Global Steel run the plant, before the concession to them was recently revoked. Now that we know the problem with ASCL, we'll wait for a solution to be spelt out and see what the minister will have to say in a year's time or at the next platform.
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by bloggernaija: 6:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
There are miners all over nigeria mining the refuse dumps .
God pls save us from these dullards

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by shegsrules(m): 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
LIE
LIEbarab maku go soon defend am
LIEben Abati come talk
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by shegsrules(m): 7:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
LIE
LIEbaran maku go soon defend am
LIEben Abati come talk
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by idealsico(m): 8:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The FUTURE of Nigeria is in mining. Despite the lamentations of lack of jobs, the mining sector is in dire need of skilled and semi-skilled man-power: mining engineers and so on. I learnt there is a mining training institute in Onitsha and Jos.
Yea.Onitsha is home to Metallurgical Training Institute.
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by free2ryhme: 9:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
Yes Ghost jobs
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Pukkah: 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2013
Chei! See how people have mercilessly torn apart this thread!

They have punched both the thread and the poster to the extent that the poster has fled! The thread itself has become an orphan.

You guys are mean o.

I salute all of you.

I salute your patriotism, courage and brilliance.

All lying mercenaries and shameless paid agents must flee! Nigeria must be liberated from their evil clutches and greedy throats.

2 Likes

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by Garrithe1st: 10:23pm On Jun 12, 2013
Pukkah: Chei! See how people have mercilessly torn apart this thread!

They have punched both the thread and the poster to the extent that the poster has fled! The thread itself has become an orphan.

You guys are mean o.

I salute all of you.

I salute your patriotism, courage and brilliance.

All lying mercenaries and shameless paid agents must flee! Nigeria must be liberated from their evil clutches and greedy throats.

Sick 9gerian is an unrepentant liar. Presenting fictitious achievements backed by false statistics. Allowing such lies to go unchallenged is an insult to all right thinking folks. Daily I see the effect of unemployment and under-employment, yet the dude brings us "tales by moonlight" and expects such to be swallowed..
Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by akandea(m): 12:03am On Jun 13, 2013
Where For South Africa ba? Maga don pay....... Abeg June fool exist?

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by darlingbobo(m): 12:23am On Jun 13, 2013
This is a confirmed lies. Imagine this people, do they think we are fools. No, we are not. When was the job created? Was it advertised? When and where? To proof my point, is SURE-P which they claimed employed only 50,000 people was advertised (is still on advert) was advertised on radio, tv, and other media channels, if the 1.2million was truly created a baby still in her mother's womb could heard about the advert. Trust GEJ and his team, it could have been the No.1 agenda of GEJ re-election campaign headline.

Secondly, people should also understand the difference between gainful employment and under-employment as the World Bank Report has put it. When one hires labourers and pay the N500 per day doesn't mean they are gainfully employment. Our politicians have this blindman believe that when you employment a graduate and pay him/her N18,000 a month means you have created job for them.

Abeg they should park well joor!

1 Like

Re: FG Creates 1.2Million Jobs In Mining Minister by lukulukuboy(m): 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
apoti:

Guy I am a Mining Engineer and I can tell you that you that this man is telling the truth and lying at the same time.

The truth: the figures about the number of mines and active quarries in the country is probably true. The largest operating mine in the country is Obajana Limestone Quarry owned by Dangote and that supplies majority of the raw materials for his cement factories. The other big mines are Enugu coal mines (now closed) and Itakpe Iron mine (that also has stopped operation because Ajaokuta steel company that receives its produce is not operating). Others are granite quarries used in road construction and concrete for building. There are also gemstone quarries all over the country. So without any doubt the industry has the capacity to employ a lot of workers.

The lies: Saying the FG has created 1.2 million jobs in this industry is not only a lie but a fraud shocked 1.2 million is almost 1% of the total population of the country. it is very obvious that 1% of the population do not work in mines or quarry. Also saying this is an achievement by the Ministry of FG is one of worst lies to be told by this government. These mines have been in existence before GEJ dreamt of becoming the president. I visited a couple of these mines when I was a student many years ago. So for him to make it look as if the FG just created these job is criminal. Just like when Maku said GEJ brought Facebook to Nigeria (I'm not surprised because it seems everyone in GEJ caucus lies expressly). Most of these mines are not even owned by the FG. the ones they own (enugu and Itakpe) are not in operation.

The Minister should be sacked for this fraudulent claim. This shows he is not doing anything and he's looking for good figures to claim as his achievements

Apoti,if to say i get #5,i for dash u. Ur papa no waste money to send u go skool !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10,000 Jobless Amnesty Beneficiaries Return To Creeks / Opening Ceremony Of Tokyo International Conference On African Development / Ondo Election : Nigeria Sliding Towards Anarchy – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.