Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. (6866 Views)

Gridlock In Lagos As Tricycle, Okada Riders Endorse Jonathan 0 / Benue: ‘why PDP Chose Ex-okada Rider As Guber Candidate / Lagos Traffic Laws Turned Me Into A ‘pick- Pocket’ – Ex- Okada Rider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Swaggzkid: 11:59pm On Jun 13, 2013

The governor while addressing motorcycle operators union in the state who paid him a courtesy call, said his government will engage the motorcycle operators who have been operating in the state not those who ran to Edo state having been displaced from another.

Governor Oshiomhole said his government will procure vehicles for them, absoqb them into the civil service and assist in agriculture.

He however warned that the state government will not permht the commercial use of tricycle in the state as an alternative to motorcycles.

He further said that though he cannot fully disclose the circumstances leading to the ban, he noted that it is done in good fate to ensure the security of the people of the state.

The chairman of the motorcycle operators union urged the government not to delay these paliatives so that it purposes will be achieved.

The ban includes Oluku and Aduwawa which are not part of these three local governments mentioned, but are part of Benin city metropolis.

www.channelstv.com/home/2013/06/13/oshiomhole-promises-to-employ-former-okada-riders-in-benin/

Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Closetoheart: 11:56am On Jun 14, 2013
Okay. Promises again!!! We will ask them after a year on the number of ex-okada riders that are eventually employed

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by EEngineer1(m): 11:56am On Jun 14, 2013
First to comment , ok I hv been beaten to second again. Nawa oh see mountain of okada wey dey pack for hear
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by kekerazi(m): 11:58am On Jun 14, 2013
may be am the 1st today...... special S.O to SEUN....

@TOPIC not interested....
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by donem: 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2013
kekerazi: may be am the 1st today...... special S.O to SEUN....

@TOPIC not interested....
Haha try again some other time
@ topic Making a promise is one thing, fulfilling it is another.
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by phaya(f): 12:00pm On Jun 14, 2013
I pray He fulfils these promises
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by HisMajesty1(m): 12:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
That's good but it should be quick.
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by touchmeder: 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
EVERYBODY knows he cant provide NADA. its going to be very very tough for the average man on the streets.
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
Oshiomole, how many of them will you be able to absorb?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by jiffylibra: 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
How will they survive before they are engaged into the civil service? Will the process not be politicised again?
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
Bliv dis and bliv anytin u r told
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by mtprofessor5(m): 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2013
did i jst coment?
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by chassity002: 12:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hmmmm. How many of them?
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by macb(m): 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
phaya: I pray He fulfils these promises
The tiers of government in Nigeria has belittled her citizens to promises with nothing or less to show for the hightened level of impoverish conditions meted out to us. Pls mr. Governor, proof your words by fulfilling this promises.
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by 234GT(m): 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
People are used to empty promises. I trust the sensible ones among them don't expect anything.
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by kekerazi(m): 12:21pm On Jun 14, 2013
Kai....E-engineer nd close2heart.BIGUPZ
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 14, 2013
Stories that touches the heart. Most of the Okada riders are non indigenes,
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Artistree: 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2013
Wait o, no Tricycle? E don red be dat! Some places in Benin are not accessible witout a bike or tricycle, wetin we go dey do na? Maybe we'd form a Trekkers Association & get a secretariat, innit?
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Paschal007: 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
Lol the alternative he has for easy navigation and millions he just rendered jobless is PROMISE?

Smh
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by ifihearam: 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
ACN WITH THEIR EMPTY PROMISES SEF. MTCHEWWW

I ONLY TRUST AND BELIEVE GEJ's WORDS.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Vavavoom(m): 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2013
Horse before cart comes to mind. The proper thing would have been alternative jobs created to encourage okada drivers to leave possibly their only means of survival. Nobody is an idiot who wouldn't listen if the right approach is employed. The motorcycle ban thing should have been done phase wise and nationally and at the same time. An agreed scheme could have been put in place to show what benefits yet-to-be-absorbed participant stand to benefit after willingly relinquishing their bikes. Sadly, no thought plan - just business as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by blesszzy(m): 12:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
stop making promise joor and do the right thing
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
this is a good one. Would have been better if he had provided the jobs before the ban.
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
ifihearam: ACN WITH THEIR EMPTY PROMISES SEF. MTCHEWWW

I ONLY TRUST AND BELIEVE GEJ's WORDS.

Where are the palliatives Jonathan promised Nigerians during the subsidy saga ?
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by unuane1(m): 1:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
These are empty promises i hope the okada riders will not rely their faith on those promises cause those were the kind of promises he gave when he took over power the first time that he was going to create 10,000 Jobs for the youths bt believe me jobs that were created was not up to 3,000 pls correct me if am wrong. And the process used to recruit was on the basis of who you know. Pls my fellow Edolite just look for an alternative and legal way to survive and pls don't wait for the government. It is well.
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by frankyychiji(f): 1:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
He further said that though he cannot fully disclose the circumstances leading to the ban, he noted that it is done in good fate to ensure the security of the people of the state.

This is arrant nonsense and crass incompetence! How can U a governor tell d people who voted for u that u cannot disclose fully d reasons leading to d ban? Are they zombies? U take away a means of someones livelyhood and u say can't tell him why! This is tyranical and if left unchecked......I insist that oshiomole tells us d reason for d ban cos its obvious its not just abt security, defacing d town and high accident prone! If it was PDP govt that did this, Lair Lie Mohammed would ve started convulsing!! Mtcheeew.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by nekaa(f): 1:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
That promise is making a loud noise cause it's probably empty.
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by docadams: 1:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
Artistree: Wait o, no Tricycle? E don red be dat! Some places in Benin are not accessible witout a bike or tricycle, wetin we go dey do na? Maybe we'd form a Trekkers Association & get a secretariat, innit?
You made the only sensible comment so far.
The ban may be justified but given that some of the streets in Benin are not motorable, I dare say it's gonna be a long walk to some destinations.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Ping411: 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2013
Present them with an option before making them jobless.
That is just the right thing to do. Not making promises that might never see the light of day.
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by docadams: 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2013
frankyychiji: He further said that though he cannot fully disclose the circumstances leading to the ban, he noted that it is done in good fate to ensure the security of the people of the state.

This is arrant nonsense and crass incompetence! How can tell d people who voted for u that u cannot disclose fully d reasons leading to d ban? Are they zombies? U take away a means of someones livelyhood and u say can't tell him why! This is tyranical and if left unchecked......I insist that oshiomole tells us d reason for d ban cos its obvious its not just abt security, defacing d town and high accident prone! If it was PDP govt that did this, Lair Lie Mohammed would ve started convulsing!! Mtcheeew.
Have you heared of obsessive compulsive disorder?

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by kavey10(m): 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
Osanobua!! No Okada allowed in Oluku too. Na there BEN Boys dey lose steam na. Osho Baba no fall my hand ooo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lol...again Buhari Meets Empty Stadium At Warri APC Rally [photos] / Army Denies Attack On Chibok church / The Anambra, the Government does not want you to see (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.