Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. (6875 Views)

Gridlock In Lagos As Tricycle, Okada Riders Endorse Jonathan 0 / Benue: ‘why PDP Chose Ex-okada Rider As Guber Candidate / Lagos Traffic Laws Turned Me Into A ‘pick- Pocket’ – Ex- Okada Rider (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2013
be sentimental all u can, okada is a skill drain. so many riders were once in one trade or the other. the nigerian fast cash syndrome makes many abandon their skill they cld av developed and resolved to a fast cash means.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2013
This gov. Is a talkative, he will exactly do the opposit. Remember some months ago, he said no baning of okada.
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Moralistli(m): 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2013
DON'T CRY MUCH PEOPLE!

Because you can not achieve any meaningful change without feeling or suffering the 'pain of change',,,,, I know that most of the Okada riders will definitely suffer this for awhile, but it is worth it.

Using motorcycle as means of transportation is a sign of poverty and lack of vision...It usually make any city look trashy irrespective of its development, plan/designs or beauty.

The Government should as a matter of seriousness and sense of responsibility use this same opportunity to renovate and coal-tie all the untied roads in order to enable whatever replaces okada, most probably (cabs) drive through any street in all the affected local governments.

my one cent! God bless Edo state, God bless Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by crisycent: 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2013
E-Engineer:
First to comment , ok I hv been beaten to second again. Nawa oh see mountain of okada wey dey pack for hear
Why are you so concerned about being the first person to comment? I think people like you that don't have any meaningful comment to make apart from wanting to be the first person to comment should be banned. This is becoming childish.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by stephano100(m): 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2013
kavey10: Osanobua!! No Okada allowed in Oluku too. Na there BEN Boys dey lose steam na. Osho Baba no fall my hand ooo!
guy na u knw o,wetin u mean by loose steam,make i dey fear all dis UNIBEN boys sha......
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Kelvin4224: 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2013
80% of those who contributed to the success of his election were okada men . . .this is what he has to pay back sad
mtcheeeew!
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Swaggzkid: 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2013
mtprofessor5: did i jst coment?
Nooo.. u write something
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
SLIDE waxie: be sentimental all u can, okada is a skill drain. so many riders were once in one trade or the other. the nigerian fast cash syndrome makes many abandon their skill they cld av developed and resolved to a fast cash means.

What you have just said isn't far from the truth. I personally know some people who abandoned their skills for okada riding and the reason is what you just pointed out; fast cash syndrome.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by ersonleads(m): 9:32pm On Jun 14, 2013
Owk oh....oshio baba let jst wait y our hands are crossed 4 ur promise 2 b fulfilled...
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by ersonleads(m): 9:40pm On Jun 14, 2013
E-Engineer:
First to comment , ok I hv been beaten to second again. Nawa oh see mountain of okada wey dey pack for hear
dem dey eat first 2 comment:-/
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by AMACRITY(f): 10:06pm On Jun 14, 2013
one thing is to make promise, another one is to fulfil it.
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by luluosas(m): 9:05am On Jun 15, 2013
This is the problem with Nigerian politicians. Why not put the paliatives in place first before this ban? I just pray that this will not lead to terrible and disastrous security challenge to my dear State.
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Idowu1988(m): 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2013
[b][/b][color=#006600][/color]i hve not seen any reasonable comment here at all. Is he d only governor to ban okada? Use ur brain well and stop making ur stupid comments here
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by jites(m): 11:07pm On Jun 15, 2013
I dont have a problem with banning of Okadas, what i have a problem with is the way they go about it. You dont ban Okada, make thousand s of people unemployed and then promise to absorb them. Its patronising, treating people like idiots and i think its the wrong way round. What he should have done in my opinion is give an announcement to the okada riders telling them that due to " problems" being caused by okada, whatever the problem is; that the state government have decided that Okada will be banned in the next 2 or 5 years, but that before that 5 years time all unmotorable roads will be fixed and all legitimate registered okada riders who have been paying their tax or levy to the state government will be reskilled, retrained and provided with alternative employement and at the end of the 5 years those who could not be absorbed will be given a start up capital to enable them start some form of business or agricultural venture. With a timetable like this, the government is then force to try as much as they can to meet their promise within the timetable of 5 years. There must be educated people in the government to be able to come out with something like this or a better alternative instead of an outright and immediate ban irrespective of the problem being posed by okadas, you should as well provide an immediate alternative otherwise your irresponsible action will be tantamount to giving a BIG go ahead for the displaced okadas riders to engage in illegal activities that could cause more menance to the state than the initial problem being caused by the okadas.
Margaret Thatcher made the same mistake in England with the coal miners, taking away coal miners jobs without providing an alternative employment or re skilling or retraining and even in her death posterity has not forgiven her.
So thats my little take on this matter

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 15, 2013
Absorb thousands of ex-okada riders into the civil service? That sounds too good to be true. Besides, what will happen to the hundreds of okada spare parts sellers and okada mechanics who are also affected? I don't think oshiomhole has thought about all this carefully.
But a look at a possible bright side of the policy, many fat people will lose weight because of constant trekking. grin
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by eyems: 4:17am On Jun 16, 2013
oshio baba, you really doing a lot for the Edo people
http://nigerianewsdesk.com.ng
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by Swaggzkid: 4:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
ehizo25: Absorb thousands of ex-okada riders into the civil service? That sounds too good to be true. Besides, what will happen to the hundreds of okada spare parts sellers and okada mechanics who are also affected? I don't think oshiomhole has thought about all this carefully.
But a look at a possible bright side of the policy, many fat people will lose weight because of constant trekking. grin
Hmm.. you have a point there. But sowie to the okada parts dealers.
Re: Oshiomhole Promises To Employ Ex-Okada Riders In Benin. by skode: 5:38pm On Jun 17, 2013
What's the use coming back to Edo state when at the drop of a hat laws are implemented overnight.No due process it really sucks,wasted investment on those keke`s.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IBB Releases Buhari's Results / Buhari Is Dead Nnamdi Kanu Releases Video To Back Claims / Court Refuses To Grant Abdulrasheed Maina Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.