Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,025 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos (19043 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Video Of Jonathan Working Out In A Gym / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by dridowu: 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
I love ds video

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by dridowu: 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2013
Guys stop fooling ursef , he has no certificate , how come he became a Gov 4 good 8yrs, he worked with Mobil without certificate abi , pple just shout without reasoning. Since 2001 dat issue of certificate has started , he is yet to be found guilty. Guy pls grow up.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Suks: 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
oche_ejemb: This article is in very poor taste. Very poor, one would expect better from Sahara but well, they are Sahara.

This is a promo video, and advert for Lagos. All the places shown are in Lagos not London or New York or your village. Lagos is progressing, 50+ years of infrastructure decay on the one hand, and organic population growth on the other hand cannot be overcome in one day or even a few years, but Lagos is trying to overcome this, meething these challenges head on.

Lagos is a city that one-tenth of Nigeria's population calls home, it is indeed one of the safest places in the country (as unsafe as it may be), and it is a place that with the right amount of funds anybody would love love love to call home.

Yes, Lagos has slums, traffic and a shît load of other problems, Fashola and Tinubu did not cause these problems, Fashola is actively trying to fix them the way no other governor before him has. It would be stupid, in trying to increase revenue by wooing tourists and investors, to show them the slums of Lagos. Are they being invited to experience the slums or the splendour of Lagos?

correct pesin

if dem no do, people go complain....if dem do...people go complain

what exactly do nigerians want set

the problems in Lagos are not peculiar to lagos alone; all the security, bad roads, traffic exist here in the US.......u need to see the slums of brooklyn new york

they even have beggars dat compete with the alumanjiris in lagos

like fashola said....dr is no finish line, its a continuous effort to make the state a better place

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2013
A very poor article indeed, some Nigerians cannot see anything good about anything.

I really love Fashola. The man has a vision. He knows what he wants Lagos to be and he is trying to achieve the dream. He has shown the best parts of Lagos but that is how you attract investors. Since he came into office, Lagos has improved alot and I dare say he has set such a high standard that the next governor just has to be on his toes.

If only half of the governors were like Fashola, Nigeria will be a much better place. If GEJ had Fashola's vision, Nigeria will be 5 times better than it is today!

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by cheesome(m): 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
game theory...who knws?
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by omiobo: 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
So dem wan make fashola show all the world slums Lagos? SMH! This video is real,everything in the video is in Lagos. The haters should point out what is in the video that is not in Lagos.
CNN showed the slum part of Lagos to the world,now we are showing the beautiful part of Lagos to the world,some f..oolish Nigerians are criticizing the Governor.

Fashola carry go joor! Iyalaya anybody wey dey beef you

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by anonimi: 7:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
Suks:
the problems in Lagos are not peculiar to lagos alone; all the security, bad roads, traffic exist here in the US.......u need to see the slums of brooklyn new york

they even have beggars dat compete with the alumanjiris in lagos

I guess we should start rejoicing, right?
So Oga Americana, what % of New York state are "the slums of brooklyn" and elsewhere compared to the situation in Lagos state

And how many "beggars that compare with almajiris" do they have in relation to the total population of the state COMPARED to the number of area boys, touts, agberos whether in uniform like LASTMA etc extorting money from people or without uniform

Nothing is worse than self-deception of grandeur because then you don't put ADEQUATE effort into sorting yourself out!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Capnd143(m): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
when i saw that the source was "SAHARA reporters" i concluded that the video is truely actualization, because sahara reporters are known for LIES

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by olapluto(m): 7:34pm On Jun 14, 2013
New York, London, Sydney, Jerusalem ALL HAVE SLUMS! How many of them show case their slums? This video does not contain lies. These places and realities are on ground in Lagos. It is true Lagos is moving; moving at a rate faster than Nigeria itself. The state has been silently working since 1999, while other states have unfortunately been working on their politics. As an Ibadan boy, I envy Lagos and cannot but wish for A Tinubu/Fashola 16 year combo in the state. No matter what anyone says, Lagos of today is a quantum leap from Lagos pre 1999.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by onitshaigbo(m): 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2013
Lagos is the most dynamic city on this continent. Lagos has a lot of non-urban areas that it could spread to. Its future is boundlessly bright, provided that infrastructure development is up to speed. As long as we have governors like Fashola, I will always believe in Lagos.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by mbhs139(m): 7:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
oche_ejemb: Its a promo vid to invite tourists and investors to Lagos. You want them to show traffic and slums? Are you not a dumb fûck?

Day-in, day-out, we cry of lack of employment; our youths' don't have jobs to do. And someone did something just to pull investors here to create the jobs. All they can say is this. God help us!
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Sundahjoe(m): 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
oche_ejemb: This article is in very poor taste. Very poor, one would expect better from Sahara but well, they are Sahara.

This is a promo video, and advert for Lagos. All the places shown are in Lagos not London or New York or your village. Lagos is progressing, 50+ years of infrastructure decay on the one hand, and organic population growth on the other hand cannot be overcome in one day or even a few years, but Lagos is trying to overcome this, meething these challenges head on.

Lagos is a city that one-tenth of Nigeria's population calls home, it is indeed one of the safest places in the country (as unsafe as it may be), and it is a place that with the right amount of funds anybody would love love love to call home.

Yes, Lagos has slums, traffic and a shît load of other problems, Fashola and Tinubu did not cause these problems, Fashola is actively trying to fix them the way no other governor before him has. It would be stupid, in trying to increase revenue by wooing tourists and investors, to show them the slums of Lagos. Are they being invited to experience the slums or the splendour of Lagos?

God bless u jare.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by KDULAR: 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
I want liken this to a 10 years old boy imagining how sees himself by the time he's 50 years with hard work resilence prudence and the will to achieve. He goes on to paint a picture of this lofty and achievable dream to his neighbours whom they stay together in the same ghetto. The neighbor on hearing and seeing the picture scoffed, laughed at and despise him for his dreams; went ahead and called him a fool for having such dreams. Please who is the fool and the damned here. Lagosians and Fashola Keep dreaming working and believing and soon the dream will come to reality and these neighbours will surely shamelessly associate with the impending success. long live Lagos State and anyindividual who believe in the dream.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by delpee(f): 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
Whatever Sahara or anyone says, Lagos is moving up to greatness. After watching the video, its clear that its a PR thing and you don't expect to see Makoko, Amukoko et al. Every country/city advertises their best.
EKO O NI BAJE!
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Lekan155: 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2013
Eko oni baje cool cool
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by 9ja4eva: 8:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
Wonderful Video.
God Bless Fashola!
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by anonimi: 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
KDULAR: I want liken this to a 10 years old boy imagining how sees himself by the time he's 50 years with hard work resilence prudence and the will to achieve. He goes on to paint a picture of this lofty and achievable dream to his neighbours whom they stay together in the same ghetto. The neighbor on hearing and seeing the picture scoffed, laughed at and despise him for his dreams; went ahead and called him a fool for having such dreams. Please who is the fool and the damned here. Lagosians and Fashola Keep dreaming working and believing and soon the dream will come to reality and these neighbours will surely shamelessly associate with the impending success. long live Lagos State and anyindividual who believe in the dream.

Nice analogy. Quite interesting.
The only difference is this is being sold as Lagos NOW, TODAY not in the future.
Some of us are saying, yes you are making some laudable effort but you still have a long way to go and PRETENDING that you are there already won't help you at all as you will not work any further toward your good goal.

If you do that with the 10 year old boy in your analogy and he keeps inisisting that he is made already, I am sure his neighbours will arrange a psychiatric visit for him.
Hope you understand
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by UyiIredia(m): 9:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
playcharles: i was expectin to see aerial VIEW OF THIRD MAINLAND BRIDGE, FOCUSING ON RIGHT MID AXIS OF THE BRIDGE, WITH 320MP ZOOM IN of makoko mega city project... well nice one, Eko o ni baje...o baje ti
Haters and critics of Lagos, beneath is a picture of Gov Fashola master plan for Makoko environment.... grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy kiss

In fact, the govt. is still very much at work. I want to upload pictures of the construction work going on in my area but it seems the files are too large to be attached. I need suggestions on how I can post them. Eko ni baje !
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by jimjones: 9:05pm On Jun 14, 2013
they had to go and put tinubu in this video...made it a tad political.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by AdekunleBalogun: 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
With this video, I now know this politicians knows what to do, they just refuses do it. They should realised that the people needs responsive and responsible government, in-fractures, and things that makes life livable. My advises to lagos state government is that, they need to be more transparent with government business, small and big business should have confidence in the system.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2013
anonimi:

Nice analogy. Quite interesting.
The only difference is this is being sold as Lagos NOW, TODAY not in the future.
Some of us are saying, yes you are making some laudable effort but you still have a long way to go and PRETENDING that you are there already won't help you at all as you will not work any further toward your good goal.

If you do that with the 10 year old boy in your analogy and he keeps inisisting that he is made already, I am sure his neighbours will arrange a psychiatric visit for him.
Hope you understand

With all your daily pains and headaches, you still don't know how it goes?

Let me clue you in.

It's our portion in life to keep progressing and rejoicing while your portion is to stay bitter like rotten agbalumo hence our daily celebrations and you showing up to let us not how sad, painful and upset you are because your portion is losing out and the bitterness is killing you.

And since our celebration is now a daily event, we expect you to stay bitter, hateful and disgrunttled 24/7 which for some weird reason I enjoy.

ndo...
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 9:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
This is a very impressive work and I deeply commend the folks invilved because they not only did a great job, they is very classy, glossy rich and direct to the point.

They touched all the major showcase areas starting with the state aquatic lifestyle, water sports, business, entertainment, people and culture, dining, fashion, banking, state leaders and personalties, transportation and the future with special presentation by LAMATA a brilliant injection of Eko Atlantic.

And I stand to witness all this in my lifetime...

This is the most professional and productive administration in the hisory of Nigeria.

Like the governor say all the time, our best days are ahead of us.

Eko o ni baje o..

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by oshea44: 9:31pm On Jun 14, 2013
i know Lagos and thats Lagos, do this writer expect him to portray places like Enugu or Onitsha? No.. New York is dirty has bastard? been there before. But they show clean location, thats a video or not a picture been editted. I know an Igbo person wrote this post
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by TheBookWorm: 9:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
As someone who was born and raised in New York, I just love diverse mega cities.

Lagos is the closest city to New York on the continent of Africa, where you can meet people from all across the globe.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by youngmonie: 9:57pm On Jun 14, 2013
y u ppl stressing, your not d target market for d video na. Meant for foreign investors . We dat live in lagos know d reality down er, so d video na format. Dont you watch CNN and see how countries advertise demselves and look all glossy (South Africa) bein a case in study. Its a good video anyway, shows the core essence of leadership, "planing for the future"
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by whitecat007: 10:33pm On Jun 14, 2013
Define "fantasy" and tell us why this is so

If you or any of your relatives make living out Lagos the land you hate, if you build a house with that money it will collapse and kill you and all your family members or catch fire and burn all of you to ashes. If you buy a car with the money made in the land you hate, that will be your moving coffin cos every inch of your body will be fed to every part of the vehicle when it wrecks

Only those who love and take care of a land wiil reap the reward of it. The rest are just temporal

obadiah777: 'FANTASY' BEING THE OPERATIVE WORD

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by mithel(m): 11:46pm On Jun 14, 2013
whitecat007: Define "fantasy" and tell us why this is so

If you or any of your relatives make living out Lagos the land you hate, if you build a house with that money it will collapse and kill you and all your family members or catch fire and burn all of you to ashes. If you buy a car with the money made in the land you hate, that will be your moving coffin cos every inch of your body will be fed to every part of the vehicle when it wrecks

Only those who love and take care of a land wiil reap the reward of it. The rest are just temporal

undecided undecided does it have to come to this
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 14, 2013
Nice video - the big Lagos is repping!!

I absolutely love the video.

To those complaining - Miami has some of the worst slums in the world, yet we don't see Americans show us those slums. Just cross the bridge to the other side in Miami, and you might get your brain blown off by obnoxious dreads having thugs.

Same goes for NYC as well, once you leave Manhattan.

Big ups to Lagos!!

Soon come!!! wink
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by 99cent: 12:10am On Jun 15, 2013
Nice video.

when many Nigerians have an image of America as a land flowing with milk and honey. Isn't it because of videos and films that only show the good side and not the ugly side of America. There are slums and poverty in America but nobody knows this because they hide those reality.

Fashola is a forward thinking man. Let us show the world our good side then the world will learn to start respecting us.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Xavier1976(m): 12:37am On Jun 15, 2013
99cent: Nice video.

when many Nigerians have an image of America as a land flowing with milk and honey. Isn't it because of videos and films that only show the good side and not the ugly side of America. There are slums and poverty in America but nobody knows this because they hide those reality.

Fashola is a forward thinking man. Let us show the world our good side then the world will learn to start respecting us.

You took the words out of my mouth, i have seen a part of US i never imagined existed, terrible area with crimes that would make the whole of Mushin look like kindergarten classroom. You would never see CNN feature this side of US, their focus is always the good side of US and always the terrible sides of other countries. Well done Fashola for this promotional video, let our music, movies and medias paint a better picture, we are not the only ones with problems, enough of negative publicity !!! Long live motherland !!
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by TheBookWorm: 12:56am On Jun 15, 2013
99cent: Nice video.

The "slums" of the US, which we call ghettos are actually better than any slum in Africa.

You have projects where people have refrigerators, hot water, wash machines, cable etc. Slum dwellers in Nigeria can only dream of the luxuries that those who reside in the ghetto are accustomed to.

And I can't forget about food stamps, which some of those people receive each month.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 1:15am On Jun 15, 2013
^^^^Keep fooling yourself with all those third world slums all over America from New Orleans, to Detroit, to Flint, to Marine city in the bay, to South Carolina, to Florida etc. undecided Even the people living there look and talk like they've got down syndrome. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Authorizes EFCC’s To Seize Tompolo’s Properties / INEC Press Statement On Bauchi Governorship Election / Yorubas & Ogbomoso Community Disowns Kano Boko Haram Leader Suleiman Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.