Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos (19042 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Video Of Jonathan Working Out In A Gym / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by ballabriggs: 11:53am On Jun 15, 2013
One_Naira:

China has the highest population in the world. whether there population growth is low, it still does not remove the amount residing there already. there population now is higher than that of lagos, usa too yet it city, hong kong, is more developed than lagos. it's high population didn't hold them back. simple A, B, C; you wan skip all the way to J. mscheww

wtf is this one talking about? similar to onitsha, most asab indigenous create their own occupation. If one can't find a job, he/she would start his/her own business be it trading, marketing, etc. the population that migrate out is little compare to the ones hustling in asab, ogwashi, warri or onitsha. you wan teach me about my own people. see your head

China has a very low population growth rate and this is largely due to its population control policy. Japan also has a low population growth rate. Population growth rate is different from the population, so get that into your tiny brain.

Controlling your population growth rate is an important strategy for development. Control your population and let it grow at the same rate as available resource. What Lagos is seeing today is not a population it can manage effectively. It is receiving an influx of largely unskilled people who are a burden on resources and social amenities. People who should be in Kwale and Ogwashi Ukwu doing better things are in Lagos selling gala in the traffic. Go to the markets, some of them have no store. They do what we call 'oso ahia'. Hustling because Uduaghan has chopped all the money for development and the burden is passed on to Lagos.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by OneNaira6: 11:54am On Jun 15, 2013
ShyM-X:

Apart from not being able to write coherently, you also lack the ability to read properly.

Anyway, when did saying there are third world slums all over America become saying it's the same as African slums?

American slums(to my/European standards) are 3rd world slums, period!!!

like i said STFU. UK ghetto is almost identical to the USA ghetto. very little difference so spare us with the whole "european standard" bs. I might not have been to Europe, excluding France, but I've seen more than enough shows from europe, specially UK, to understand the living standard of it. I'm guessing you are trying to imply the media of that nation is giving out false impression of the living standard of their ghetto. mscheeww. more stories.

btw: spare me with the whole english writing bs. When you are unable to defend yourself, you result to it. abeg, move.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2013
One_Naira:
like i said STFU. UK ghetto is almost identical to the USA ghetto. very little difference so spare us with the whole "european standard" bs. I might not have been to Europe, excluding France, but I've seen more than enough shows from europe, specially UK, to understand the living standard of it. I'm guessing you are trying to imply the media of that nation is giving out false impression of the living standard of their ghetto. mscheeww. more stories.

btw: spare me with the whole english writing bs. When you are unable to defend yourself, you result to it. abeg, move.

How dare you compare UK slums to American slums? - that's blasphemy!! It shows you haven't been anywhere else apart from the backwater college you attend in America. Just go out more, mate.

Your hatred for everything about Lagos has made you so ret.arded and incoherent that you always have to result to posting tosh just to back up your asinine gibberish.

Lagos is moving and progressing; and you and ilk will only end up committing suicide, to be honest. And as a son of the soil, who aligns with only Lagos in that country(muthaphuck Nigeria); I put it to you that your opinion(s) is/are inconsequential. Don't hate, just appreciate.

Say this after me: Lagos is the best city in the world!! And make sure you repeat it x7!!! grin

GTFOHWBS!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Gbawe: 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
bigrovar: Reading the thread makes one depressed. I have often said, our biggest problem is not illiteracy but huge number of unenlightened literate people we have. Anyone with half a brain would realize that this video was not meant for Nigerians or Lagosians, it was aimed at attracting foreign investors. It is called branding. South Africa does this with their Proudly South Africa Branding exercise, This is a country facing serious AIDS issues and with one of the highest rape/murder and crime rate in the world. Yet they have been able to show case the bright side of their country. The side they want to present to the world.. The best part of South Africa. India also does this with their Incredible India promo shown on CNN and other international TV stations. Incredible India won't tell u India is a home to over 400 million people living in abject poverty (That is almost more than the whole population of West and East & Central Africa put together) some in condition worse than sub Saharan African. Yet India has been able to showcase its best to the world.

Lagos is not the worst city in the world, It has huge infrastructural problems, Its a 3rd world city with many 3rd world problems. Yet Lagos is a mega city. A city with GDP bigger than Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi put together. The most cosmopolitan city in west africa. A city where you can arrive with nothing and make something big of yourself. A city full of oppotunities. It is the most industralized city of the 2nd biggest economy in Africa. It is the only Nigerian city whose major revenue is from non oil sector. Lagos is an investors paradise which has been put too much on negative light mostly by western press. There is nothing wrong in showing the world a different side to lagos. In fact its a side of lagos which needs to be sold more so that the city can change perception and in essence bring in needed investments in areas like transportation, power, etc with the hope of providing jobs for you and I. A lagos where people of different ethnicity and religious background live side by side and peace and harmony. A lagos on its way to becoming the biggest city in Africa. I look at this documentary with pride not because I am rich or I never saw the ugly side of Lagos. But because this ulgy side is what the world see and knows about Lagos. Its great that someone is trying to show another side of Lagos. Unfortunately inferiority complex is enshrined in the blood of many Nigerias

Fine post. You are correct to state that this thread is a depressing read. To be honest, I don't even have time or energy for these sort of threads because many contributions to it, expectedly, are driven by the inferiority complex you mention plus the constant dedication of some ethnocentric Nigerians to never seeing/saying anything positive about Nigerians. It is these same set of critics of the video who bemoan how Western representation of Africa is limited to slums, images of severely malnourished children, conflicts, diseases, child trafficking, barbarism and all the deplorable vices humanity abhors and condemns.

A governor is trying, using legitimate PR tools, to show positives about his state and support the notion that, overall, Lagos is moving in the right direction yet some (not even stakeholders) have the biggest issues with that.

Ghana is an example of a nation with many, many, many problems only those who know the nation first-hand can appreciate. Yet the Country has succeeded to make the entire world believe it is heading in the right direction overall, as an African "shining star", because Ghanaians can generally come together, despite their differences, to accentuate what is good and progressive about their Nation. Meanwhile Nigerians are their own biggest enemies and stumbling blocks with how it is obvious they have no goodwill for each other. Tragic really.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by OneNaira6: 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
ballabriggs:

China has a very low population growth rate and this is largely due to its population control policy. Japan also has a low population growth rate. Population growth rate is different from the population, so get that into your tiny brain.

Controlling your population growth rate is an important strategy for development. Control your population and let it grow at the same rate as available resource. What Lagos is seeing today is not a population it can manage effectively. It is receiving an influx of largely unskilled people who are a burden on resources and social amenities. People who should be in Kwale and Ogwashi Ukwu doing better things are in Lagos selling gala in the traffic. Go to the markets, some of them have no store. They do what we call 'oso ahia'. Hustling because Uduaghan has chopped all the money for development and the burden is passed on to Lagos.

dude once more come to reality. China developed it's city during the high population growth and still doing it even now they created a policy to control their population growth. The way for tokyo, japan. Get that through your thick head. constantly when showed how under performed lagos is, you people scream "population", yet we know cities with the same high population out doing lagos. even if we follow the new excuse (i.e: you went from population to population growth), New York has a high population growth. not just immigrants from their own nation but foreign nations as well, let's not forget illegal immigrants are migrating there in alarming rate yet the city is growing and developing at a faster rate than lagos.

For a city that collects millions of taxes from their residents and collect one of the highest allocation from the FG plus holds most of foreign companies and oil companies, it shouldn't be that underdeveloped. that's a damn fact.

lastly ssh. stop trying to teach me about my own. do you see me teaching you about your people? You all constantly believe every man and woman see Lagos as a place to go. come down to reality. most Asaba would rather tough it out in delta than go to lagos. you hear? btw:ogwashi uku and ukwuani are not asaba. una need to start traveling
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by OneNaira6: 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2013
ShyM-X:

How dare you compare UK slums to American slums? - that's blasphemy!! It shows you haven't been anywhere else apart from the backwater college you attend in America. Just go out more, mate.

abeg mechionu. the same drug dealers litters, the same drug addicts, the same criminals full, the same backgrounds, the same individuals choosing crime than education like the ghetto Americans, the same poverty level, the same everything. The only difference is ghetto of America consists Americans while for your area, the foreigners dey am. hence the reason the damn white complains about you people day and night over there. your own media sold you out. nigg@ they got BBC America over here and I've watched tons from that channel. come down from that damn high horse. doubtful, a western media would sell the opposite of the reality of it's people.

mtscheww. i won't be suprised if i call my cousin and half brother, both live in Uk, they'll say the same ish.

spare me with the whole Europe BS

Your hatred for everything about Lagos has made you so ret.arded and incoherent that you always have to result to posting tosh just to back up your asinine gibberish.

Lagos is moving and progressing; and you and ilk will only end up committing suicide, to be honest. And as a son of the soil, who aligns with only Lagos in that country(muthaphuck Nigeria); I put it to you that your opinion(s) is/are inconsequential. Don't hate, just appreciate.

Say this after me: Lagos is the best city in the world!! And make sure you repeat it x7!!!

let me bring you back down to reality. Lagos is one of the worst cities in the world. The 3rd unlivable cities in the world. it went from 5th to 3rd in just few years. welcome to reality.
una can praise the excuse of a city but don't insult Africa in the process.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by ballabriggs: 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2013
One_Naira:

dude once more come to reality. China developed it's city during the high population growth and still doing it even now they created a policy to control their population growth. The way for tokyo, japan. Get that through your thick head. constantly when showed how under performed lagos is, you people scream "population", yet we know cities with the same high population out doing lagos. even if we follow the new excuse (i.e: you went from population to population growth), New York has a high population growth. immigrants not from their own nation but foreign nations as well, let's not forget illegal immigrants yet the city is growing and developing at a faster rate than lagos.

For a city that collects millions of taxes from their residents and collect one of the highest allocation from the FG plus holds most of foreign companies and oil companies, it shouldn't be that underdeveloped. that's a damn fact.

lastly ssh. stop trying to teach me about my own. do you see me teaching you about your people? You all constantly believe every man and woman see Lagos as a place to go. come down to reality. most Asaba would rather tough it out in delta than go to lagos. you hear? btw:ogwashi uku and ukwuani are not asaba. una need to start traveling

Tokyo has a population of about 13 million people with a higher resource per capita, Lagos has a population of 20 million and growing with a lesser resource per capita, now how is it so difficult for you to understand this.

What taxes do they pay? People who work in largely informal sectors, where are you going to get them to pay taxes. Granted they pay a few rates to the local government and thugs on the roads, but this is largely insignificant to the gross revenue of Lagos. The bulk of the revenue comes from largely formal and organised sectors.

Bring data and stop arguing like someone on weed. Which city has the same resource per capita as Lagos and is outperforming Lagos. You need to cite good examples and not just make assertions without any evidence to back it up.

Lagos generates about N17 billion annually, it gets about N 3 billion monthly from the FG. That is about N240 billion annually. Yet Lagos has a budget of about N400 billion. Where is the money going to come from with the surge in population.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by OneNaira6: 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2013
ballabriggs:

Tokyo has a population of about 13 million people with a higher resource per capita, Lagos has a population of 20 million and growing with a less canr resource per capita, now how is it so difficult for you to undersboothtand this.

What taxes do they pay? People who work in largely informal sectors, where are you going to get them treso pay taxes. Granted they pay a few rates to the local government and thugs on the roads, but this is largely insignificant to the gross revenue of Lagos. The bulk of the revenue comes from largely formal and organised sectors.

Bring data and stop arguing like someone on weed. Which city has the same resource per capita as Lagos and is outperforming Lagos. You need to cite good examples and not just make assertions without any evidence to back it up.

Lagos generates about N17 billion annually, it gets about N 3 billion monthly from the FG. That is about N240 billion annually. Yet Lagos has a budget of about N400 billion. Where is the money going to come from with the surge in population.

A new excuse. from population to population growth now resource per capita. pitiful rather than accepting for a city with so much money generated, it's an insult how underdeveloped it is. rather than accept that, all people get is excuse.

anyway first off, i don't deal with estimation; i deal with fact and the last census Nigerian government conducted, lagos city has a population of 7 mil while last census tokyo is 13 mil. by the way, you do realize, similar to Nigeria, japan as in total depend on others for what they have therefore, I'm so interested to know how you came to the conclusion they generate more resource.

now in regards to taxes. first of, wasn't it this same city that recently started a tax on something as ridiculous as owanbe tax? is it not this city that depend heavily on taxation on oil companies? is this not the same city that harrashed ordinary traders for not paying their rental tax? now camel's has broken, a new story is told. dude the fees the market men and women pay on daily basis to lagos government in effort to keep their shop wtf is that? is that not tax? what of the ones for your land, the ones they include in your electricity bills, water bills, etc. let's not even talk about the increasing the school fees thus more money to that governor. the recent toll booth.

lagos allocation monthly is 15.2 bil
http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/41108-fg-states-lgs-to-share-n796bn-april-allocation-today
it's GDP is roughly 33 billion USD. a city with one of the fastest growing GDP rate in Africa yet despite all that, the city is still less than developed.
Cities in Africa with less money, less problem, etc is out doing it example luanda.

let me say this as nicely and slowly as i can cause obviously you are too slow to get it. For a city with such high amount of income as well as high amount of income from the people and high amount of compensation from the government, it's development is below par. even with it's damn population, it's still very much below par like i was saying to the other guy, lagos went from 5th worst cities to live in to 3rd worst cities in just few years. that's a bloody disgrace. fix the city instead of making up silly excuse to justify clear evident of corruption in it's quarters
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by TheBookWorm: 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2013
ShyM-X:

I've not travelled outside London, yet I know more about America better than you do.

Keep living in your own delusional world - America is littered with third world slums everywhere.

We're talking about a country that has a section for homeless people in every state here. A country with more homeless people than Malawi loooool.

Anyway, my stomping ground used to be in Stapleton and Van Dyke projects. wink

I can't stop laughing at you. I was born in New York, but I lived/travelled throughout the South. That includes North Carolina, Georgia and Texas.

You know nothing about the U.S. and the little stuff that you do know is probably based on tv. The same goes for your knowledge about Nigeria.

There is no comparison between a slum in Africa and the projects or ghetto of America. If you put a slum dweller, in the ghetto of the US, he would believe that he has arrived and can live a better life.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 15, 2013
TheBookWorm:
I can't stop laughing at you. I was born in New York, but I lived/travelled throughout the South. That includes North Carolina, Georgia and Texas.

You know nothing about the U.S. and the little stuff that you do know is probably based on tv. The same goes for your knowledge about Nigeria.

There is no comparison between a slum in Africa and the projects or ghetto of America. If you put a slum dweller, in the ghetto of the US, he would believe that he has arrived and can live a better life.

You ran away yesterday only to come back with the same gibberish.

When did "3rd world slums" become "African slums?"

And are there no "3rd world slums" in every state in America - yes or no?

I honestly don't need to tell you about my relationship with America but just know that I've been to places in that country that you'll never be brave enough to go to. So I can paint a perfect picture that will look better than Mona Lisa, of what American ghettos are like.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2013
The dirty spareparts villagers are still hurting and hating...

Eko o ni baje lai lai

ndo... lmao
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by suomi: 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2013
I have an observation, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu was tagged as Chairman of ACN. They need to correct this as he is not the chairman of the party but a leader. Eko oni baje o!
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by TheBookWorm: 2:45pm On Jun 15, 2013
ShyM-X:

You ran away yesterday only to come back with the same gibberish.

When did "3rd world slums" become "African slums?"

And are there no "3rd world slums" in every state in America - yes or no?

I honestly don't need to tell you about my relationship with America but just know that I've been to places in that country that you'll never be brave enough to go to. So I can paint a perfect picture that will look better than Mona Lisa, of what American ghettos are like.

There is no running away bro. I am just here to correct your miseducation. Am I not my brother's keeper?

You should define a "3rd world slum." I would say no access to clean water and electricity. And I see many ghettos where there are access to clean water and electricity.

Now if you want to talk about the folk in Appalachia or in the rural areas, then you may be correct.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by redsun(m): 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2013
ballabriggs:

Tokyo has a population of about 13 million people with a higher resource per capita, Lagos has a population of 20 million and growing with a lesser resource per capita, now how is it so difficult for you to understand this.
O
What taxes do they pay? People who work in largely informal sectors, where are you going to get them to pay taxes. Granted they pay a few rates to the local government and thugs on the roads, but this is largely insignificant to the gross revenue of Lagos. The bulk of the revenue comes from largely formal and organised sectors.

Lagos generates about N17 billion annually, it gets about N 3 billion monthly from the FG. That is about N240 billionu annually. Yet Lagos has a budget of about N400 billion. Where is the money going to come from with the surge in population.

When some of you tribesmen and women talk about lagos,you talk of it as a tribal state,forgetting that lagos is the federal commercial capital of Nigeria.

If you want to embark on population control,you will have to focus on non nigerian that are coming in from the porous bothers(illegal immigrants),not nigerians in their own country.

You guys primitive instincts seems to overwhelm your little understanding of what a country means. No man should be restricted in any way in his country,unless he is a criminal like tinubu.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by tosin2013: 5:19pm On Jun 15, 2013
I really don't get y some ppl are so worked up abt dis video.
O! I get it some ppl are just plain dumb! No matter aw much u explain to a goat, he's still one smiley
To d dumbo comparing lagos to china (as if china was a city), do u know it took china over 40yrs n still running? Do u know aw much d central govt support the provinces? Don't u know dat even dubai was a fishing settlemnt in d 50s (google it). Won't they yet investors to build d cities like d ones u keep shouting

To d slowpoke who's comparing lagos to d likes of luanda n nairobi. U r a real comedy! Casablanca (3million) is roughly d size of alimosho LG! D only city comparable to lagos is cairo(pop 17M)! N I can tell firsthand dat cairo is far developed dan lagos yet u c some slums n remember places like taraba! ( I know cos I stayed there for a month).
A city like Rio de janeiro is comparables to any megacity worldwide but still got favalas (slums) for about 3M ppl! (Use ur friend Google)

Look I was born,indigenious, bred, n tutored in lagos and I know d theiving of tinubu n his cohorts, yet they av done far better than d clueless, good for nothin crooks of pdp! Who by d way av not done a single project (and I challenge all u dumbos) in 14yrs for d for a city whose infrastructure carries 10% of d pop n 50%of d economy! FOOLS!
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by whitecat007: 7:31pm On Jun 15, 2013
common tell us the difference between the two.

The only difference I know is that, you can safely pass through Nigerian slums but can lose your life for just passing through some of the U.S ghetto

TheBookWorm:

Are you really comparing the ghettos of the US with an African slum? grin

Dude have you even traveled outside of London to tell someone about their own backyard?
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by whitecat007: 7:44pm On Jun 15, 2013
Fuc.k all you enemies of progress and get the hell out of my region. Don't you have states and Govs? why the obsession with Sw? your people have said your region must to remain backward and so it shall be, but don't bring your backward ever mentality to my states. You are going to shit and eat it before you die over Lagos

VolvoS60:

^^^^This is just madness. angry

What is it with you fashola/tinubu/ACN hacks for goodness sake? You dish out the worst kind of vitriol and you cannot take ANY criticism at all, no matter how justified.

You cannot silence those who refuse to see the fashola administration and the ACN through rose tinted spectacles. Who the hell do you all think you are anyway? angry

If you have lost the capacity for critical self-examination, do not think for a second that this malady has afflicted everyone else in this country. We can see and hear and we have not lost our minds!

At every turn it is drummed into our ears that fashola/Lagos/ACN 'is working'. 'Éko o ni baje'. Yet is taking an eternity for Hitech Construction Company (under the supervision of the Lagos state government) to complete work on a roughly 100 metre stretch (between Doby's Haven and Ikota Shopping Complex) of the Lekki-Epe expressway under construction. The contractor has been going through the motions for almost 18 months, moving back and forth over that stretch without any consideration for the discomfort to road users. How hard can it be to construct a bridge over a drainage channel for God's sake? angry Build the damn road and spare us the sloganeering! angry (I am not even going to go into the injustice of the tolling fee regime for the users of this same road. That is a battle reserved for another day).

Has your principal bothered to carry out any monitoring of his LASTMA goons? Do you know what goes on in LASTMA's towing yards? Do you know anything about the injustice and the unbridled corruption that this agency has become so well known for? Why is it impossible for the agbero/area problem to be eradicated in Lagos and Western Nigeria? How can louts and thugs who contribute absolutely nothing to society continue to live off the sweat of transporters and market traders without retribution? These are the questions you should ask and demand answers to instead of devoting your time to online hagiography.

Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Xavier1976(m): 7:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
Lets stop speaking like local champions, something synonymous with most of us is that we love criticizing from our backyards, we are born,bred,schooled,working and will die within a small geographical location but yet we argue about what happens at the other side of the world. Believe me; you can't imagine the snags in some of these "perfect" countries worse than what you have in your land. I do not see why anybody should criticize an attempt to attract foreign investments to the country, they do that everywhere in the world and it is not a big deal. If you are not happy with a particular state in Nigeria, you have 37 options to chose from so exercise your right!
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by whitecat007: 7:57pm On Jun 15, 2013
You need to go and sit in the corner for your scratching body with teeth session like you always do

One_Naira: what a huge insult to mama Africa. we constantly naming Nigeria shit that's not reality. Lagos, the big apple of africa. he and tinubu are pretty much trying to say lagos is africa's new york. what insult to mama africa and the countries within it. narobi which is a billion times better than lagos isn't talking. casablanca isn't talking, luanda isn't talking, johanessburg isn't talking, so many African cities wey better isn't talking but yet the city that's one of the listed worst cities in the world is talking. what an insult to the continent of Africa.

as for those shouting, it's an advert, it's an advert. nobody, absolutely NOONE loves false advertisement. Noone wants to see beautiful pictures or adverts and once you get there, you see the opppsite. people do not like being decieved. PR are constantly shunning out false, overretouched pics of that city and when people finally show the real truth like the rick ross video, Nigerians get angry.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 15, 2013
Akwa ibom is better than lagos, still you won't move!
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by VolvoS60(m): 10:43pm On Jun 15, 2013
whitecat007: Fuc.k all you enemies of progress and get the hell out of my region. Don't you have states and Govs? why the obsession with Sw? your people have said your region must to remain backward and so it shall be, but don't bring your backward ever mentality to my states. You are going to shit and eat it before you die over Lagos

^^^^
Lol. You have no idea where I'm from. And I can't say for sure where you are from too. Anyone could claim anything online.

What I do know for sure is that you are ill bred through and through. Because a fellow poster simply said a video (a promo/advertising video, nothing more!) was a fantasy, you began to spew the most evil kind of ill will all over this thread. And for what? To what end? angry Only ill mannered creatures from the gutter do that sort of thing.

You know in real life you wouldn't have the nerve to say the stuff you typed out in your post to ANYONE's face. You conveniently hide behind a keyboard and pour out your rubbish instead.

You are ready to kill or be killed for a politician but you would never be ready to do the same for an ideal. Shame on you.
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 10:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
django1: Akwa ibom is better than lagos, still you won't move!

Move ke? Even villagers sabi goog thing...
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 10:55pm On Jun 15, 2013

VENTURES AFRICA – Johannesburg and Lagos have emerged the most popular destinations in Africa with over 4.6 million expected visitors in 2013, according to MasterCard’s Third Annual Global Destination Cities Index.

The recently released index ranks Johannesburg as the highest on the continent both in total number of visits and international visitors totalling 2,544,013 and generating the sum of $2.7 billion, while Lagos will have 2,164,897 visitors which will generate about $922 million, the report showed.

Eleven other African cities were including Cape Town, Durban, Nairobi, Cairo, Casablanca, Accra, Beira, Kampala, Maputo, Tunis and Dakar, were rated on the Index.

The top three cities from which visitors to Johannesburg originate are London (299,000 people), Frankfurt (187,000 people), and Dubai (157,000 people).

Philip Panaino of the Division President of MasterCard South Africa, says that: “Four of the top five outbound destinations for Johannesburg travellers are within Africa. Maputo and Harare top the list; London comes in third, followed by Lagos and Windhoek.”

Lagos, which is referred to as an emerging city, has witnessed considerable growth in the past year following a fall in visits in 2010 and 2011. In 2010 and 2011, Lagos suffered a severe contraction, with visitor numbers declining by about 20 per cent each year, before recovering to around 6.9 per cent growth in 2012.

The MasterCard Index of Global Destination Cities is reached using the criteria of the number of total international visitor arrivals and the cross-border spending by visitors in the destination cities.

http://www.ventures-africa.com/2013/06/johannesburg-and-lagos-rated-africas-most-popular-destinations-mastercard/
Re: Fashola Releases Fantasy Video Of Lagos by EkoIle1: 11:11pm On Jun 15, 2013
^^^^^^^^ Wonders don dey happen even before we release video.. Imagine the abundancies after video parmeat the rest of the world...

The only thing I see here with the usual angry and disgruntled folks is the fact that this explains the reason why many states in Nigeria are stagnating and doomed to remain hundreds of years behind Lagos which is it's hard to accomplish anything good in life if good and possitivity doesn't mean anything thing to you and also can not think up or vision anything good in life.

Everyday it's possitive news all over for Lagos and everyday it's anger and bad bele for your people and since this possitive news for Lagos is not going to stop anytime soon, you people are destined to everlasting pain, anger, misery and tantrums also while your villages remains inn darkness and aimless
like they are today...

eko o ni baje o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo & El-Rufai In Italy For Brenthurst Conference On Elections Monitoring / Yoruba Farmers Endorse Atiku / What Senator Nnamani Said About Geoffrey Onyeama (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.