Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Do I Still Stand A Chance? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Still Stand A Chance? (6844 Views)

She's 17 And I'm 30; Do I Stand A Chance With Her? / Can You Stand A Man Who Has Slept With Your Wife? / Virgins Stand A Better Chance Of Success In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Still Stand A Chance? by annita19(f): 2:14am On Jun 15, 2013
my boyfriend and i were in what i felt was a very serious relationship, it was only around 14 months but it was one of the best relationships i have ever been in. we couldn't get enough of eachother. i never felt that way about anyone in my life and nether did he (so he said) but then mid way through the relationship i messed up really bad and hurt him (a few moths ago) but he said he could get passed it, and it really seemed like he did.

about 3 months later he broke up with me out of no where (on our way back from vacation none the less) and hardly said a word to me throughout our flight back home. after that he refused to talk to me, i would text him and call him everyday for 3 weeks to try to win him back and convince him that i have changed, (i even went to therepy and counceling to try to improve myself for him)

after about a week of not speaking to him, he called me for the first time and seemed like he might have missed me a little and said he would see me, after that i couldnt stop texting him telling him how much i love him again, and tgat i would never hurt him again if he gave me another chance. after 2 days of that he said i was crazy and told me to **** off and deleted me on facebook, aim, and stoped responding to my texts and calls all together. but i still couldnt stop begging.

(i was trying so hard to win him back, i couldnt think of anything else and i couldnt stop myself... now i know that just made me seem desperate and mostlikely scared him off)

i ran into him less then a week ago, he was with this girl, along with some other mutual friends... i was with someone (a guy friend) so i just said hi to him, and he completely shut me down, so i just walked away.

now less then a moth after we broke up (days after running into him with that girl) he is actually in a relationship with her. im still completely heartbroken, and seeing him move on so quick completely kills me. how is it possable for someone to move on so quicly with someone he just meet after being in such a deep relationship? even she just got out of a relationship so im wondering if its a rebound or what?

I just found out about the relationship yesterday, i gave him my blessing, and havent nor do i plan on texting or calling him in the future. i still want him back more then anything, but it seems like now that hes seeing someone else there is nothing i can do, it hurts to much to keep trying for nothing.

i still feel the erg to text him and tell him hes making a mistake and im way better for him, but my friends say its best to just leave it alone and give him space.

there are guys that have been asking me out on dates, and that show interest but i cant seem to move on. not even for casual dating, i still love him way to much to even kiss anyone else, but here he is with a brand new girlfriend.

i just dont get how guys can be completely emotionless when it comes to breakups, how can he just move on so quickly and be so happy, whial im still sitting here crying over him and missing him 247.

so back to my question: IS THERE ANY CHANCE THAT HE MAY STILL LOVE ME AND MAY TAKE ME BACK or is it to late?

1 Like

Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by k2039: 2:23am On Jun 15, 2013
IS THERE ANY CHANCE THAT HE MAY STILL LOVE ME AND MAY TAKE ME BACK
There is a 0.00000000001% chance that he may take you back, the bad news is just that the probability that he will take you back tends to zero.

My2Cent: He has moved on, so should you(I know it's hard, but you just have to let him go). You messed up and it was costly, just ensure you don't do something stupid in your future relationship(s).
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Nobody: 3:22am On Jun 15, 2013
what was the nature of ur 'initial crime'? did u cheat on him or show contempt for him in anyway? in your own interest, its best to move on.... find someone/something else to occupy ur mind. i would also suggest avoiding the temptation of going through things of sentimental value, like pictures u folks took together for instance. stay away from stalking him online as well..... ur main agenda at this point should be damage control. take a vacation to clear ur head.....

1 Like

Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by annita19(f): 4:46am On Jun 15, 2013
platinumricky: what was the nature of ur 'initial crime'? [b]did u cheat on him [/b]or show contempt for him in anyway? in your own interest, its best to move on.... find someone/something else to occupy ur mind. i would also suggest avoiding the temptation of going through things of sentimental value, like pictures u folks took together for instance. stay away from stalking him online as well..... ur main agenda at this point should be damage control. take a vacation to clear ur head.....

No I didn't. Something he consider worst than cheating.
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Nobody: 4:55am On Jun 15, 2013
What did you do to hurt him in the fist place??
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 15, 2013
My dear try and forget him,cos he's not worths your tears.this guy you are talking about has moved on with his life and there you are killing youself for the guy who doesn't even care,if u should die today because of the pains he caused you belief me the guy will still kiss other ladies that are far better than you and of course he's doing that already.
So dear i know its not easy to let go someone you really love,but you just have to be brave and move on too.
Best of lucks
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Nobody: 5:14am On Jun 15, 2013
This too shall pass smiley.

1 Like

Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Idowuogbo(f): 5:21am On Jun 15, 2013
Richfella: This too shall pass smiley.
I agree... smiley
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by annita19(f): 6:07am On Jun 15, 2013
Richfella: This too shall pass smiley.

Huh?
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by pleep(m): 6:18am On Jun 15, 2013
annita19:

No I didn't. Something he consider worst than cheating.

omg... what did you do, kill his momma? shocked

molest his sister?
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by brixton: 6:55am On Jun 15, 2013
Did u yarnsh anoda girl or u stole frm his wallet?
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Mynd44: 7:04am On Jun 15, 2013
Y'all need to stop asking her what she did abeg....

OP, he has left and moved on at least for now and the least you can do is to love him from a distance else you will drive him away more and more. There is a chance he has had the new girl in mind even during your vacation (it hurts to think but it is true) and he thought he could forgive you be his heart was still hurled by what you did.

Your friends are actually right this time (most times friends are wrong) you have to give him space before he gets a restraining order against you. It might be hard for you to move on especially since you feel so strongly for him but you should try your best to and hope in future, he can get over it.

Who knows, maybe it is the new girl that will help him get over what you did by helping him forget or showing him there are worse people. Just invest in other things and yourself.

It is well
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by pleep(m): 7:12am On Jun 15, 2013
^ its important to know what she did for the sake of giving good advice.

Annita19 did you kill his mom?
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Mynd44: 7:16am On Jun 15, 2013
pleep: ^ its important to know what she did for the sake of giving good advice.

Annita19 did you kill his mom?
No it is not.....Just imagine the what you consider the worst thing and use that.
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by pleep(m): 7:22am On Jun 15, 2013
^ i don't know what your problem is, r u the e-police?

It is very important to let us know what you did, some men will come back even if you cheated, but if u actually killed his mother, like i'm suspecting, the situation is a little different.

3 Likes

Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Mynd44: 7:24am On Jun 15, 2013
pleep: ^ i don't know what your problem is, r u the e-police?

It is very important to let us know what you did, some men will come back even if you cheated, but if u actually killed his mother, like i'm suspecting, the situation is a little different.
You just like gossiping...that's why you wanna know

2 Likes

Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by pleep(m): 7:26am On Jun 15, 2013
I really really want to help this lady...
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Mynd44: 7:26am On Jun 15, 2013
pleep: I really really want to help this lady...
We both know you don't

1 Like

Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Fkforyou(m): 8:45am On Jun 15, 2013
The only thing dat can make me dump a lady and treat her d way dis dude is treating dis lady is when I find out she is bi-sexual,cos it means I can't trust her with my friends or her friends...Any way I think d dude is tryin 2 torture her a little bit,don't worry,he would come around,or mayb he is just tryin 2 know what it feels like 2 be without U,but your "over-presence" is not allowing him 2 do so.

1 Like

Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 15, 2013
He found a hotter chic........move on!

1 Like

Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by annita19(f): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2013
Shollypopz: He found a hotter chic........move on!

She ain't hotter than me, sorry smiley

1 Like

Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Mynd44: 9:13am On Jun 15, 2013
annita19:

Hot is a thing of the mind
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by MrCork: 9:16am On Jun 15, 2013
annita19: my boyfriend and i were in what i felt was a very serious relationship, it was only around 14 months but it was one of the best relationships i have ever been in. we couldn't get enough of eachother. i never felt that way about anyone in my life and nether did he (so he said) but then mid way through the relationship i messed up really bad and hurt him (a few moths ago) but he said he could get passed it, and it really seemed like he did.

about 3 months later he broke up with me out of no where (on our way back from vacation none the less) and hardly said a word to me throughout our flight back home. after that he refused to talk to me, i would text him and call him everyday for 3 weeks to try to win him back and convince him that i have changed, (i even went to therepy and counceling to try to improve myself for him)

after about a week of not speaking to him, he called me for the first time and seemed like he might have missed me a little and said he would see me, after that i couldnt stop texting him telling him how much i love him again, and tgat i would never hurt him again if he gave me another chance. after 2 days of that he said i was crazy and told me to **** off and deleted me on facebook, aim, and stoped responding to my texts and calls all together. but i still couldnt stop begging.

(i was trying so hard to win him back, i couldnt think of anything else and i couldnt stop myself... now i know that just made me seem desperate and mostlikely scared him off)

i ran into him less then a week ago, he was with this girl, along with some other mutual friends... i was with someone (a guy friend) so i just said hi to him, and he completely shut me down, so i just walked away.

now less then a moth after we broke up (days after running into him with that girl) he is actually in a relationship with her. im still completely heartbroken, and seeing him move on so quick completely kills me. how is it possable for someone to move on so quicly with someone he just meet after being in such a deep relationship? even she just got out of a relationship so im wondering if its a rebound or what?

I just found out about the relationship yesterday, i gave him my blessing, and havent nor do i plan on texting or calling him in the future. i still want him back more then anything, but it seems like now that hes seeing someone else there is nothing i can do, it hurts to much to keep trying for nothing.

i still feel the erg to text him and tell him hes making a mistake and im way better for him, but my friends say its best to just leave it alone and give him space.

there are guys that have been asking me out on dates, and that show interest but i cant seem to move on. not even for casual dating, i still love him way to much to even kiss anyone else, but here he is with a brand new girlfriend.

i just dont get how guys can be completely emotionless when it comes to breakups, how can he just move on so quickly and be so happy, whial im still sitting here crying over him and missing him 247.

so back to my question: IS THERE ANY CHANCE THAT HE MAY STILL LOVE ME AND MAY TAKE ME BACK or is it to late?

...so u slept wit his boy friend 14 month ago & u want him to take u back?? ...BLACK WOMEN..We give up!! angry

1 Like

Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Mynd44: 9:19am On Jun 15, 2013
-Mr Cork-:

...so u slept wit his boy friend 14 month ago & u want him to take u back?? ...BLACK WOMEN..We give up!! angry
Slap yourself
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by k2039: 9:20am On Jun 15, 2013
smothly: My dear try and forget him,cos he's not worths your tears.this guy you are talking about has moved on with his life and there you are killing youself for the guy who doesn't even care,if u should die today because of the pains he caused you belief me the guy will still kiss other ladies that are far better than you and of course he's doing that already.
So dear i know its not easy to let go someone you really love,but you just have to be brave and move on too.
Best of lucks
Rubbish.......

So the guy is now the devil, the guy didn't cause her any pain.
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by effisyman: 9:24am On Jun 15, 2013
Why not disclose what u did wrong, it will free your mind and serve as a learning point for others.
However, I think his gone for good and will advice you hang out with friends to enable you move on too.
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Kosigift(f): 9:25am On Jun 15, 2013
annita19:

grin grin eeyaa
I feel for u though... Pele
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by k2039: 9:32am On Jun 15, 2013
pleep: I really really want to help this lady...
I agree with you.
There are sins that are unforgivable. We need to ascertain if it's a first degree offence or just a minor offence.

Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 15, 2013
Yes you stand a chance. His actions prove so too. If he has really gotten over you, he would respond to your greetings. The new girl is just to make you jealous and make you pass thru some pain as well. He may not have any feelings for her, just trying to get back at you.

Don't bug him further. You have tried explaining. You have to leave him to reach his conclusion. And when he does, favourable or unfavourable, accept it.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:34am On Jun 15, 2013
k2039: I agree with you.
There are sins that are unforgivable. We need to ascertain if it's a first degree offence or just a minor offence.

Mr Man, u wan blind me?
Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by k2039: 9:50am On Jun 15, 2013
OP in the 'University Of Hope', all things are possible only if you can believe. If you chose to enroll in the University of Hope, He will surely come back in your imagination, but in this present world he is gone for good.
Just go and find something productive to do with your life, you are just 19 years and over 19 better guys than him will still ask you out.

But honestly, between You and I, you know you messed up and if you really did love him at first, you wouldn't have committed that offence.

Never forget you are born without Him, there are thousands of guys that are just like him and their are hundred of thousands that are even better.

If I were to be in his shoes though, I'll pretend to love you and I will just use you for se.x and I will dump you, since you seem so interested in me. My point, the one who loves the least controls the relationship. The implication of that is just that you will be too stupid to realise he is using you and in the end you will be hurt beyond redemption. Now that you can still redeem yourself, move on. It'snt that hard, just cast all those stupid thought and emotion into the trash bin and stop listening to all those dead romantic song that make you imagine crazy things that would never happen in this life.

My2cent: Even if he comes back, he may not necessarily be because he loves you and ultimately you will be magnificently hurt on the long run

2 Likes

Re: Do I Still Stand A Chance? by Fizboy(m): 9:59am On Jun 15, 2013
Nwa baby tell us wat u did wrong na.. so dat I cn meet wit ur ex nd tell him to take u back trust me baby..bt haven't u had enough of his di.c.k? still waiting for when I wld fall in love dis deep..*in wizkids voice*shoutout to my real niggas who can easily move on oh oh...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Most Humorous Nairalanders / The Makeup On This Nigerian Bride Has Everyone Talking / Erotic Story: How I Bonked My Teacher After Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.