Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt (32317 Views)

The Look On Amaechi's Face At The Ministerial Retreat / Buhari Relocates To Defence House In Maitama, Abuja / Buhari Will Defeat Jonathan, Amaechi Boasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by perfectcato(m): 10:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
Pls stop assumin because assumption is the mother of all mistakes.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by stchinedu: 10:08pm On Jun 16, 2013
Cool...my fingers are still crossed
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by olabismal(m): 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2013
Dame jonathan, she is a doom. They can not do anything for Rotimi Amenich, because all their effort since prove abortive.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by cikranco: 10:54pm On Jun 16, 2013
U.Cyril:
Madam,pls help us remove dat zombi called amaechi.u can't fight ur boss.fresh air till 2019.lol dancing azonto
Mumu u no sabi anytin ppl like u are the fools sinking this country is it because that chew gum money u receive 4rm GEJ fool
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Phonon: 11:18pm On Jun 16, 2013
If these clowns used the same vigour they are using to hunt down their perceived enemies to pursue infrastructural development and tackle youth unemployment,this country would have been way ahead of where it is now.

It is rather unfortunate that we have leaders whose only claim to authority is the victimization of others.THIS COUNTRY SHOULD BE PRIVATIZED.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by mastroesco(m): 11:35pm On Jun 16, 2013
Pls can we all step back and watch them shamelessly Fight Dirty n Naked in the Market place??
Let's know who goes down First.
Reminds me of "Nwodo Vs Chime".
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by mastroesco(m): 11:36pm On Jun 16, 2013
Pls can we all step back and watch them shamelessly Fight Dirty n Naked in the Market place??
Let's know who goes down First.
Reminds me of "Nwodo Vs Chime".

Let's Go ***TeamMASTRO***
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Gbawe: 12:18am On Jun 17, 2013
Mogidi:

Speaking another man's language is now an achievement. You should encourage your kid to master maths not languages. I'd have been impressed if your kid can speak Mandarin..just saying.

Should your first lady, a grown and ostensible educated adult, not be able to speak English, which is the lingua Franca of her nation, better than any 4 year old worldwide?

My substantive point to another poster, before you put your ITK nose in what is none of your business, is that I cannot be jealous of a grown adult who cannot even speak her own lingua franca as well as a 4 year old.

I tend to respect human qualities (intelligent, talent, ability, class, sophistication, dedication to duty/excellence etc) and not just position, wealth or 'bling' as may be the case with others. It was ludicrous yet not unexpected, since many Nigerians are vacuously materialistic, for anyone to suggest criticism or disapproval of leaders/public figures is borne of jealousy. Especially more so when there is nothing, from a perspective of personal ability, for anyone to be jealous of in regards to the likes of Patience Jonathan.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by pazienza(m): 12:51am On Jun 17, 2013
Am-a-success:

How old are you? SMH... A nation full of delusion and deception. emancipate yourself

What exactly is your point?
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by SkyRider1(m): 12:51am On Jun 17, 2013
Please leave this woman alone. Last time it was she has relocated to yenogoa and vowed never to return to abuja until Rotimi is ran out of office.
These are cheap allegations Levelled at madam.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by ewet: 1:02am On Jun 17, 2013
U.Cyril:
Madam,pls help us remove dat zombi called amaechi.u can't fight ur boss.fresh air till 2019.lol dancing azonto

You are equally as demented as your supposed madam. Hw can you come out here and spew tis nonsense. In this day and age you still do not understand wht democracy is.In what way is GEJ Amaechi's boss.And wht powers does the 1st lady hav to impeach a gov.

You are a bloody brainless whelp who did not deserve to get an education at all!
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by ddeola: 4:10am On Jun 17, 2013
dis pple no dey tire? First she became a perm. sec. then a lot of drama followed one of wch ws the land tussle wt Turai, then the goodluck governors'forum saga, now she is on assignment in PH, wetin dey worry dem sef? Mk dem allow an elected officer perform em duties nau abi wch wan b all ds globetrotting
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by uhuns: 8:17am On Jun 17, 2013
ewet:

You are equally as demented as your supposed madam. Hw can you come out here and spew tis nonsense. In this day and age you still do not understand wht democracy is.In what way is GEJ Amaechi's boss.And wht powers does the 1st lady hav to impeach a gov.

You arebloodyinging brainless whelp who did not deserve to get an education at all!
?

thank you my brother. I have tried not to reply him.
how I wish I can buy u a bottle. If in ph hola me
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by uhuns: 8:21am On Jun 17, 2013
ewet:

You are a bloody brainless whelp who did not deserve to get an education at all!

Ewet thanks for this reply
how I wish all could read your reply and understand.
if in ph at the moment I owe u a bottle
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by inene: 8:23am On Jun 17, 2013
The pettiness of Mr President is amazing. sending his wife into thr fray is like a man sending his wife to collect money from a company where he has done business with all the attendant risks. she will not come out of the fray unscatted. The plans to illegally impeach the Governor of Rivers state is one that is fraught with danger and the Jonathans must remember there is a God in heaven who rules in the affairs of men. I urge them to retrace their steps. NOw that Amaechi has stated openly that he is not interested in the race for the Presidency in 2015, he should be left alone to complete his tenure and serve the people that elected him as Governor. Let reason prevail
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Benez: 8:27am On Jun 17, 2013
Willgates: Kai...rumour monkers! Abasi akan mbufo doh wo! angry
that woman game for the traditional wedding of my gousin....she will ko back to Abuya next week

So, the wedding will run for more than a week. Hahahaha, I DEY LAUGH OOOO
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by olusola200: 8:35am On Jun 17, 2013
BY THE SPECIAL GRACE OF GOD SHE WILL FAIL.......TRUTH WILL SET AMECHI FREE.... CAN SOMEONE TELL ME AMECHI'S OFFENSE

SHAPELESS CHILDLESS VOICELESS USELESS WOMAN GO AND COOK FOR YOUR HUSBAND BEFORE THINGS RUN OUT OF HAND, because HE HIS SERIOUSLY LOOKING FOR SON TO TAKE OVER IN 2019 ... FOOOLS, HUSBAND AND WIFE. AMECHI IS ON GROUND HE HAS MORE PEOPLE IN RIVERS THAN U OR GEJ SO ANY WHICH WAY U MUST LOOSE

1 Like

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Gbawe: 8:39am On Jun 17, 2013
ewet:

Don't mind underdeveloped cretins like that. We want law and order to evolve. We want our institutions to grow above the whimsical machinations of flawed minds and some aberrant folks are backing the notion of abuse of power, privilege and position. We have a long way to go.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Bensonite: 8:53am On Jun 17, 2013
Benez:

So, the wedding will run for more than a week. Hahahaha, I DEY LAUGH OOOO

So long as a perceive enemy appears on a report it is believed without using brains. Those who live in PH around civic centre area knows that the wedding she came for caused so much traffick problems. Her former aid got married and she was mother of the day. Infact Amaechi was invited but did not show up. She left PH sunday so how would 3days amount to 11days. Journalist are now used to hit up the current polity unnecessarily.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by bigfrancis021: 8:56am On Jun 17, 2013
pazienza: I don't really know why some people are trying to turn this thread into another ikwerre and Igbo debate. Abeg, ikwerre is ikwerre, Igbo is Igbo, how hard is that to understand?

Anyway, the rotimi in Amaechi name stems from the fact that he has a yoruba mum. His ikwerre name is Chibuike.

My dear, the Ikwerre people are Igbo people. The term, 'Igbo' was never a general term used to classify all Igbo sub groups long ago and each Igbo sub group were called by their respective clan names such as Owere, Awka, Nnewi, Onitsha Ado, Ikwo, Ezza, Arochukwu, Ikwerre, Ndoni, Etche. You should know that though these sub groups bore different clan names, they were related in the language they speak. The term, 'Igbo' is only a recent generalization. Today, when within Igboland, any Igbo person will first identify by his clan name first (a bu m onye awka, a bu m onye nawfia) before identifying as Igbo, and when outside Igboland, he would identify as Igbo first.

And by the way, Governor Amaechi's mother is a full-blooded Ikwerre woman. She's not a Yoruba woman. Where did you get that false information from?
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by deleteme: 9:01am On Jun 17, 2013
Thats why i Love PDP.....they play real and transparent, modern day politics. You must be loyal to your party leader or u leave. Let him simple leave PDP and join APC, then lets see how he's fare.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by networkrecharg: 9:37am On Jun 17, 2013
How many days do guests stay after a wedding. She has no respect for her HUSBAND. She is from bayelsa not Rivers. We have eaten her bride-pride long ago.

In a wedding U are talking of politics. She is too despirate.

Damn or dame, pls cantest as President. Let's see your power. Hausa men go use u do SEX machine and dump U inside your bayelsa hotel. 4billion naira is not enoufg for you.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Idazinim: 9:48am On Jun 17, 2013
ifihearam: Shame of all of you here that has commented negatively against the presidency without confirmation.The first ladyas we speak will be in abuja today and you believe rubbish. I pity all of you little wonder you are where you are today.

Whether she returns to Abuja or stay permanently in Port Harcourt can never remove the People's Governor. Get that very clear. It's beyond her. GOD alone decides the affairs of Men, and Gov. Amaechi subscribes fully to the existence and power of the Almighty God in the affair of Men. PERIOD.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by networkrecharg: 9:57am On Jun 17, 2013
olusola200: BY THE SPECIAL GRACE OF GOD SHE WILL FAIL.......TRUTH WILL SET AMECHI FREE.... CAN SOMEONE TELL ME AMECHI'S OFFENSE

SHAPELESS CHILDLESS VOICELESS USELESS WOMAN GO AND COOK FOR YOUR HUSBAND BEFORE THINGS RUN OUT OF HAND, because HE HIS SERIOUSLY LOOKING FOR SON TO TAKE OVER IN 2019 ... FOOOLS, HUSBAND AND WIFE. AMECHI IS ON GROUND HE HAS MORE PEOPLE IN RIVERS THAN U OR GEJ SO ANY WHICH WAY U MUST LOOSE

Let her continue to her generational doom. GEJ watch ur wife's ill acts.... We want peace, not troublesome pple like damn p. Jonatan
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by pat4love: 10:32am On Jun 17, 2013
This are all falls story, because Jonathan and Ameachi have faceoff then first lady shuold not visit his home again. All those Jonathan hatters will soon berry their head in shame.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by adedejiadekunle: 10:54am On Jun 17, 2013
gbanikiti: Jonathan/Amaechi Faceoff: Dame Patience Relocates To Port Harcourt

The alleged move by the Presidency to remove the Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi took a dramatic turn yesterday as the first lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, has decided to take the bull by the horn in the matter.

LEADERSHIP Sunday gathered that the first lady’s visit to Port Harcourt was a move to ensure that the State House of Assembly members are mobilised to ensure Governor Amaechi’s impeachment from office.

The first lady moved into a newly-built mansion in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital. She is expected to spend 11 days in Port Harcourt. But our sources said that the first lady has vowed not to leave the Garden City until the governor is finally removed from office.

It was gathered that as at yesterday night, Dame Jonathan had met with some of the lawmakers in an alleged move to start the plot to hasten the impeachment process, while the venue of the meeting could not be ascertained as at press time.

The new move became necessary as the Presidency believes that Dame Jonathan, being an indigene of the state and also being well grounded in the politics of the state, has all it takes to effect the governor’s removal.

The political differences between President Jonathan and Governor Amaechi reached its crescendo when the Presidency allegedly started mobilising against Amaechi’s bid for a second term shot at the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) chairmanship position. The NGF’s chairmanship election led to the factional division amongst the governors, creating a faction led by Amaechi and another being led by Governor Jang of Plateau State.

There are allegations that the Presidency created the Jang’s faction to break the stronghold of Amaechi and some anti-Jonathan governors that are bent on seeing that the President does not run for a second term.

Thereafter, the federal government in a surprise move grounded the plane belonging to the state government, while threatening to probe the administration of Governor Amaechi over mismanagement of funds.

The drama continued with the NGF’s crisis, which eventually led to the suspension of Governor Amaechi from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

It would be recalled that the name of the governor is already being pencilled down as a possible vice presidential candidate on a ticket that would parade a Northerner as the presidential candidate to challenge President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015.

This move, the President sees as an affront, as Amaechi being a South-South man, would be denying the region of a second shot at the Presidency.

The first lady’s move, according to sources, therefore became necessary to weed out the “Judas” within the fold of the ruling party.

http://leadership.ng/news/160613/jonathanamaechi-faceoff-dame-patience-relocates-port-harcourt
MAMA JONATHAN, RIVER STATE IS NOT BAYELSA STATE WHERE YOU CAN DICTATE TO THE GOVERNOR. IF JONATHAN HAVE ISSUES WITH AMAECHI IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM. THEY WERE DULY ELECTED BY ELECTORATE. IF YOU WANT TO BE GOVERNOR OF RIVER STATE WAIT TILL 2015.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by bunmit(m): 11:38am On Jun 17, 2013
first lady involving herself in the politics and decision making of the country, nawa oooooo, a ceremonial officer trying to remove an elected officer.....na only in naija.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by gbishman: 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
pls does the first lady realise this is a democracy and that theres what they call due process. You know theres a saying which goes like do unto others as u would have others do to u. if what nairaland is saying is true thats shes mobilizing lawmakers to remove amaechi is true its a very big shame that the president would sit back and allow this fly. its too bad. Theres a point where one calls his wife and says woman calm down and stay in doors 0k.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by Damsman10(m): 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
I tire 4 dis we country leaders
Our oga @ d top dey observe ghost mode na im wyf , sanusi, rukayat wey con dey control us

GOD WILL DO IT
bt i fink d solution 2 9geria's problem is splitting if we split 2 lyk 10 we wud b most useless african country bt d citizens will enjoy deir DEMOCRACY

1 Like

Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by kipesco(m): 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
hmmmm we are waiting for the final result.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by pazienza(m): 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
bigfrancis021:

My dear, the Ikwerre people are Igbo people. The term, 'Igbo' was never a general term used to classify all Igbo sub groups long ago and each Igbo sub group were called by their respective clan names such as Owere, Awka, Nnewi, Onitsha Ado, Ikwo, Ezza, Arochukwu, Ikwerre, Ndoni, Etche. You should know that though these sub groups bore different clan names, they were related in the language they speak. The term, 'Igbo' is only a recent generalization. Today, when within Igboland, any Igbo person will first identify by his clan name first (a bu m onye awka, a bu m onye nawfia) before identifying as Igbo, and when outside Igboland, he would identify as Igbo first.

And by the way, Governor Amaechi's mother is a full-blooded Ikwerre woman. She's not a Yoruba woman. Where did you get that false information from?

We all know that they are igbo speaking,but unlike other igbo speaking tribes,the ikwerre wants an independent existence,they like the Ogba,ekpeye, and now etche have sought to exist independent of other igbo speaking tribes in Delta,SE, Akwa ibom,benue states and maybe cross river state.
Their wishes should be respected.

On rotimi issue, really? An ikwerre friend of mine told me so,now that you have refuted it,i would need to re ask.
Re: Jonathan-Amaechi Face-Off: Patience Relocates To Port-Harcourt by aderonkedeborah(f): 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
yunafa: WHO RUNS D WORLD? GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!
ask Beyonce!
ask dame

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Obasanjo’s Report Indicted Buhari In 1999 / Ahmad Lawan-led Faction Goes To Court Against Saraki / Photos: Daughter Of Jigawa State Governor, Amina Abubakar Weds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.