Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Relationships: Is God Still In The Match-making Business? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Relationships: Is God Still In The Match-making Business? (699 Views)

What Is The Use Of Fasting,when God still Answer prayers with Full Stomach? / Does God Still Speak To His Prophets?? / Does God Still Talk To People Like He Used To In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationships: Is God Still In The Match-making Business? by ImperialMcHael(m): 2:00pm On Jun 16, 2013
Hey peops, let's discuss this.
Today's Sunday School teaches about marriage and a question pops up that: Does God still give man a wife like He did to Adam?
Some argued that it was since when man claimed it was the woman God gave him that made him to disobey God, God had refrained from giving wives to men they reasoned that He can only guide a man on the right path. Therefore, youths are advised to go and "find" while employing divine guidance. Afterall, He who finds a wife... Bla bla bla
The other section stood firm that God still gives a perfect wife to His wards and missing that one person could be very disasterous. In order words youths are advised to wait, wait and wait until God brings him/her the right person. There arguement was further buttressed that Adam was asleep when God was preparing his helpmeet. Therefore youths should just go on their career and when the time comes, God intervenes!

Now I'm confused what do ya think?
Re: Relationships: Is God Still In The Match-making Business? by k2039: 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2013
God does match make, but that's if you only allow him. It all depends on your sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.
Re: Relationships: Is God Still In The Match-making Business? by ImperialMcHael(m): 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2013
k2039: God does match make, but that's if you only allow him. It all depends on your sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.
hmmmm, so its safe to conclude that one can still get the best spouse even if one doesn't invite God into the show right?
Re: Relationships: Is God Still In The Match-making Business? by k2039: 4:21pm On Jun 16, 2013
Imperial McHæl:
hmmmm, so its safe to conclude that one can still get the best spouse even if one doesn't invite God into the show right?
I don't know about getting the 'best', because God is all knowing, so I assume His simulation should give the best outcome.

But I know one can have a good marriage without inviting God. There are just certain laws of nature that one needs to abide with. For example if both spouses understand each other and communicate effectively, they should definitely be able to live with each other and have a good marriage.

Even if God does the match making and both parties don't follow the rules and laws, that marriage is heading for the rock. God will just give you the best possible outcome, it's left to both parties to work out their marriage, make sacrifices, communicate effectively, take responsibility e.t.c.

Re: Relationships: Is God Still In The Match-making Business? by enilove(m): 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2013
k2039:
I don't know about getting the 'best', because God is all knowing, so I assume His simulation should give the best outcome.

But I know one can have a good marriage without inviting God. There are just certain laws of nature that one needs to abide with. For example if both spouses understand each other and communicate effectively, they should definitely be able to live with each other and have a good marriage.

Even if God does the match making and both parties don't follow the rules and laws, that marriage is heading for the rock. God will just give you the best possible outcome, it's left to both parties to work out their marriage, make sacrifices, communicate effectively, take responsibility e.t.c.

Perfect
Re: Relationships: Is God Still In The Match-making Business? by ImperialMcHael(m): 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2013
k2039:

As much as I thought... Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

RCCG OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTION THURSDAY 4TH JULY, 2013 STILL A POTENTIAL CHAMPION? B / Please Let's Identify With Our Churches In Regards Tithing / Pagans,Atheists,satanists&all keep on sinning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.