Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer (43452 Views)

Kogi APC Tackles Tinubu, Faleke Over Ministerial Slot / Where Is Tam David-West? Nigeria Needs Him Now To Defend Himself! (pics) / Igbos Want FCT Ministerial Slot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by Johnnyessence(m): 3:00pm On May 08, 2015
Professor of Virology, Tam David-West, has said he would not reject an offer of a ministerial appointment as Minister of Petroleum from the President-elect, General Muhammadu Buhari.

David-West, who was recently mentioned as the man the president-elect is interested in handling the petroleum portfolio, told Daily Sun in a telephone interview that he would not turn down anything given to him by Buhari.

“Let the appointment be made first. I will not turn down anything Buhari gives me because I know him that he can turn Nigeria around.

“So, anything that I can contribute to his Nigeria project, I will do it by the grace of God, because anything I do, God directs me. And if it is the will of God, of course, He will give me the strength. But anything that can help Buhari in his Nigeria project, I can do it by the grace of God,” David-West said.

David-West, who will be 79 on August 26, was taken up on the issue of generational shift, but responded swiftly, saying: “They should shut up. Age has nothing to do with capability. I give you a good example: the President of Tunisia is now close to 90 years old. He defeated an 80-year-old in the election. Mugabe is 91 years old. It is the capability that matters, not age.”

“Jonathan is younger than Buhari. Has he done better than Buhari? In spite of the fact that Jonathan is younger, Nigerians said Buhari can do better. Age has nothing to do with it.”

Asked what advice he has for President Goodluck Jonathan as he prepares to leave office, David-West said: “When he was in office, did he listen to me? Is it now that he will listen to me? He never took my advice, and I told him that some of the people surrounding you are sycophants and they will leave you. And now, he is regretting. I have no advice for him. He should advise himself.”

He thanked God that Nigerians voted massively for Buhari, saying Nigerians would experience change soon.

“The message I have for Nigerians is that our expectation is high because of the mess. And it is justified. My message is that Buhari is not a magician. Nigerians should not expect magic or miracle. Buhari is not a magician, he is not a miracle worker; but they should give him time. They should be patient. But I am confident that he will turn this country around. There will be far great difference within six months,” David-West declared.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=118423

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by psucc(m): 3:08pm On May 08, 2015
Yes oooooo! Rule of the aged, by the aged for the young

47 Likes

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by PassingShot(m): 3:11pm On May 08, 2015
Most Nigerians do not mind the age of the leader so far we get the performance we expect, after all many younger leaders including our PhD president have proved beyond reasonable doubt that being young does not guarantee performance.

Bankole, Farouk Lawan, FFK, Oduah, Diezani, Abba Moro, Ibori, Alams, Kalu and many more younger leaders failed to impress Nigerians. So, why not try the old incorruptible patriotic leaders who have proved in time past that they mean well for the nation?

Let these "old leaders" train some sincere, principled and disciplined younger ones, perhaps the youths will prove they're ready after eight years.

189 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by gregg2: 3:14pm On May 08, 2015
Nigeria has entered 'one chance'

33 Likes

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by Hedybee(f): 3:15pm On May 08, 2015

7 Likes

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by Ezenwammadu(m): 3:15pm On May 08, 2015
Gerontocracy lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by klark3: 3:16pm On May 08, 2015
Nice move....

The aged should take over, since the young has failed....

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by midolian(m): 3:22pm On May 08, 2015
klark3:
Nice move....

your parents are lucky to have you

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by Misogynist2014(m): 4:51pm On May 08, 2015
Greed is a very bad attribute. A 79 year old man should only be thinking about having a good legacy.

13 Likes

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by jascon1(m): 4:52pm On May 08, 2015
he wont give to u. cos u wil sleep n forget what u plan to do. at 79 u sudnt be thinking of appointments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by Johnbosco77(m): 4:52pm On May 08, 2015
why would you sire? you are a typical NIGERIAN.

2 Likes

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by ionsman: 4:52pm On May 08, 2015
At this point in time,we dont care about age because to be frank, we the youths are far more corrupt than the older generation. Ride on sir,I was briefed about your escapades as a petroleum minister. .

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by adrainuche(m): 4:53pm On May 08, 2015
klark3:
Nice move....

MODIFY : THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE SAYING THE YOUTH ARE MORE CORRUPT "WHO RAISED THEM" .. AN OLD SAYING : IF WATER ENTER HOUSE WHEN RAIN THEY FALL NA ROOF NAI HIM NOR GOOD.. THE YOUNG ARE CORRUPT, THE OLD NKO ARE THEY NOT CORRUPT, ALL THOSE OUR OLD PROFESSORS SLEEPING WITH OUR YOUNG GIRLS IN UNIVERSITIES THEY ARE NOT CORRUPT ... SOMEBODY SHOUT #ONECHANCE !!!

What do you mean by the young has failed have they been given a chance These past leaders became presidents and ministers at their early age, why can't the young generation do the same.

If the old generation did well why are we in this mess, the old generation has failed us, if the present or the youths are not doing well who raised them..

YEAR AFTER YEAR WE RECYCLE OLD LEADERS SOME OF THEM PAINT THEIR FACE !! OBASANJO A MAN WHO RULED 8 OF THE 16 YEARS UNDER PDP CODEMNED THE PDP LED ADMINSISTRATION AND WE WERE ALL HAPPY...

NIGERIA IS A FAILED NATION I JUST HOPE THE PROPANGANDA CALLED "CHANGE" DOESNT END UP BEING THE LARGEST SCAM EVER MASTERMIZED BY ANY INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP EVER, FROM THESE OUR POLITICAL YAHOO BOYZ CALLING THEM SELVES POLITICIANS

WHAT HAS A 78 YEARS OLD MAN HAS TO DO IN OFFICE WHAT AGE IS RETIREMENT AGE OF THIS PEOPLE ,WHERE ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW ... AT 78 I WONDER IF HE WONT BE AS FORGETFULL AS MY LATE GRAND MA..

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by ionsman: 4:53pm On May 08, 2015
gregg2:
Nigeria has entered 'one chance'
Yes we have...But I prefer to enter a one chance flight from lagos to new york( Buhari's regime) than to take a one chance rickety bus from mgbuoba to rumuola(Gej's regime)....
Am sure you are sensible enough to comprehend what I just wrote.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by condralbede(m): 4:53pm On May 08, 2015
hmmm....The leaders of tomorrow in Nigeria is just a fairy tale,I don't see it happening now!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by chiefinalowo: 4:53pm On May 08, 2015
Age is not a barrier at all.
It has reached that level.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by DanielPop(m): 4:53pm On May 08, 2015
LWKMD! To imagine that youths voted for Gerontocracy!

3 Likes

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by folabayo1(f): 4:54pm On May 08, 2015
U for refuse nw undecided

Mshew

1 Like

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by Tbillz(m): 4:54pm On May 08, 2015
Sure he can't cope with extreme austerity measure buhari lead regime.
Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by DExplorer1: 4:54pm On May 08, 2015
Oh Truly, what has age got to do with performance? Is that not the card PDP played that backfired? It's all about competence. We have been so deceived with this age = performance equation.

And instead of Jonathan listening to old and experienced men like Tam David-West, he was listening to Edwin Clark.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 08, 2015
David-west should just go and relax and enjoy old age jor...

1 Like

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by demmy0325(m): 4:55pm On May 08, 2015
Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by Oceemo(m): 4:55pm On May 08, 2015
Let's hope and pray this time our government will get it right TAM DAVID WEST we are behind u but remember not jst words but action.

1 Like

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by obailala(m): 4:56pm On May 08, 2015
If he can do the job properly, then so be it. Enough of these forty something and fifty something year olds who just go into government and expand their accounts. There are only 2 categories of leaders in Nigerian history; the good and the bad. Age of our leaders has never been our problem in Nigeria, neither has the ethnicity nor the religion of our leaders been our problem. The only leadership problem we've always had is that we keep having bad kleptomaniacs (s)elected or appointed into top leadership positions. Until we collectively identify that this is our problem and not age or religion or ethnicity, we will never move forward as a nation.

By the way, I hear Prof West is the only Nigerian past petroleum minister without an oil block.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by anonimi: 4:56pm On May 08, 2015
PassingShot:
Most Nigerians do not mind the age of the leader so far we get the performance we expect, after all many younger leaders including our PhD president have proved beyond reasonable doubt that being young does not guarantee performance.

Are you saying it was because Buhari was too young in the 80s that he was a complete DISASTER back then

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2095210_worst_jpeg588f192a23aa02a7b350a8bbe5d18306

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2090179_buharinopower_jpeg076a5ac049bdb0d76435be4901421bce

Let these "old leaders" train some sincere, principled and disciplined younger ones, perhaps the youths will prove they're ready after eight years.

What have they been doing the past 30 years if they cannot groom younger ones to lead now

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by MzJackBaueress(f): 4:57pm On May 08, 2015
Yes o!
I totally support him for the ministerial post.

3 Likes

Re: Tam David-West: Why I Won’t Reject Buhari’s Ministerial Slot Offer by IYANGBALI: 4:57pm On May 08, 2015
age has nothing to do with leadership.Gej was a young man,but as a president,he is as clueless as the word itself.The worst president ever liveth. May ogun use the blood of whoever quotes me negatively to bath before the end of this year.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikwerre, Ukwuanni, Ika, Ahoada And Ekpeye Are Not Igbo But Edo / Abiola: Sowore Protesting Annulment Of June 12, 1993 Election (Throwback Photos) / More Pictures As Seyi Tinubu Leads Kano Solidarity Walk For APC (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.