Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,658 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. (9020 Views)

Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project / Ganduje In Caterpillar, Commissions A Road Project (Photos) / Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by IGBOSON1: 10:26am On Jun 17, 2013
DA XTACY: BEST GOVERNOR AROUND. OBI 4 PRESIDENT !!

^^^You're having a laugh! angry
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by tutaboi(m): 10:27am On Jun 17, 2013
u have given us ur world .....let the six months of completion be ur six months. Ada obi !!
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by IGBOSON1: 10:27am On Jun 17, 2013
ewet: A gov is building a road and you re all here praising him amd thanking him for doing such like thts not why he was elected in the first place. If he doesnt build it then who will.

^^^On the bolded: Omawunmi maybe? undecided
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Policewoman(f): 10:31am On Jun 17, 2013
But why pull down ABS just to let in a South African conglomerate in? The entire Onitsha is already a huge market and I doubt if Shoprite will make it there, unlike in Enugu.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by mu2sa2: 10:33am On Jun 17, 2013
Chimeluv: He is about leave office and he suddenly remembers the bad roads in onitsha. I hope he compietes it before he leaves office.
You can say that again. Even without a kobo embezzled (certainly not in nigeria)what road project will he accomplish with 300m?
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Zet72(m): 10:35am On Jun 17, 2013
SLIDE waxie: good for you. shebi its one of those one lane-laterite pressed down, coated with bitumen thing of a road construction? smiley
one heavy rain, road vanish.
eat well bros, na ur time grin
U never disappoint, clown of the first order.....ode
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by emiye(m): 10:38am On Jun 17, 2013
Chimeluv: He is about leave office and he suddenly remembers the bad roads in onitsha. I hope he compietes it before he leaves office.

You did not read the report, project timeline is 6 months, i believe he has over 12months left in his administration.

The governor said that the road project would cost N300 million and that it would be completed within six months.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by EkoIle1: 10:39am On Jun 17, 2013
Mega City is a city with over 10 million people and the entire population of Anambra is 4 million...

They must not know the meaning of mega city..
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Zet72(m): 10:47am On Jun 17, 2013
Eko Ile: Mega City is a city with over 10 million people and the entire population of Anambra is 4 million...

Foolish man I had been expecting u here, because this is the type of thread vultures like u devour. & I don't know were u get ur statistic that Anambra is 4million....ode
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by nzeval(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2013
Obi is a people choice governor come to anmbra and see things by your self ....... Long live mr peter obi ,long live Apga ,long live good people of anambra, long live mr president and long live nigeria

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Youngzedd(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2013
Eko Ile: Mega City is a city with over 10 million people and the entire population of Anambra is 4 million...

Who said the population of Anambra is 4m.

Define Mega city?
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by chino11(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2013
Okwute ndigbo nine!

Onitsha is truly the pride of Ndigbo ji eje mba.

With the 5star Hotel, Convention Center, Shoprite, dualised roads in GRA and surrounding coupled with the upcoming International Cargo/Passenger Airport which is sitting between the major cities Onitsha and Awka, am sure Anambra will be bomb.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by ofilispeaks(m): 10:57am On Jun 17, 2013
Is it just me or does N300,000,000 not feel like too small for a quality road project? I mean one (1) house in Lekki can cost N100 million? Is he saying that the road is 3 Lekki houses away from perfection undecided

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by PHIPEX(m): 11:10am On Jun 17, 2013
ofilispeaks: Is it just me or does N300,000,000 not feel like too small for a quality road project? I mean one (1) house in Lekki can cost N100 million? Is he saying that the road is 3 Lekki houses away from perfection undecided
It may be possible if there is little embezzlement, the road has a similar distance like Allen avenue in Ikeja.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by emiye(m): 11:11am On Jun 17, 2013
ofilispeaks: Is it just me or does N300,000,000 not feel like too small for a quality road project? I mean one (1) house in Lekki can cost N100 million? Is he saying that the road is 3 Lekki houses away from perfection undecided

I wonder o, 300 million naira for how many kilometres of road?

Is it direct labour?
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by xman4life: 11:17am On Jun 17, 2013
thoth:
i believe the man has stocks with the company and that is evil capitalism at its best, if people of onitsha main market allows that guy to build that stuff then they are really stupid.

NB: are you by any chance the same xman that a guy use to all Reptile ?

My brother the lawlessness of some governors is really appalling!

grin No I'm not the same xman.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by billante(m): 11:31am On Jun 17, 2013
chino11: Okwute ndigbo nine!

Onitsha is truly the pride of Ndigbo ji eje mba.

With the 5star Hotel, Convention Center, Shoprite, dualised roads in GRA and surrounding coupled with the upcoming International Cargo/Passenger Airport which is sitting between the major cities Onitsha and Awka, am sure Anambra will be bomb.

which cargo/passenger Airport, the one he said he is not building again?
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by chino11(m): 11:31am On Jun 17, 2013
Policewoman: But why pull down ABS just to let in a South African conglomerate in? The entire Onitsha is already a huge market and I doubt if Shoprite will make it there, unlike in Enugu.

ABS already has its massive Head Office in Awka. The Onitsha facility can be best describe as a Repeater Station.

Modern markets are evolving into Malls and Plazas unlike the regular open markets. Even in Onitsha Main Market, plazas and malls are fast taking the place of regular markets.

So such mega store as Shoprite is long over due in the city of Onitsha. Am sure with the high population in the city it will rank second in profit outlay only to the one in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by billante(m): 11:35am On Jun 17, 2013

The park road he is dualizing is not up to 1km, about 300 meters so the 300 million is the right sum!

If he quotes billions now as the contract cost, you Nigerians will be the first to yell corruption! can you guys ever be satisfied

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by chino11(m): 11:37am On Jun 17, 2013
billante:

which cargo/passenger Airport, the one he said he is not building again?

Orient Petroleum has taken over the construction of the project.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by billante(m): 11:40am On Jun 17, 2013
chino11:

Ok oo! hope so.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Iykeponti(m): 11:48am On Jun 17, 2013
Mr Obi, do your job and stop making noise...
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by IGBOSON1: 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
chino11:

^^^Chino you have any updates on the Orient petroleum refinery? It should have been completed by now given the timescale they gave.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Mopolchi: 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2013
Forget the man. He just want to pack money and go, creating problem for the next governor. The roads awarded now, when will he finish them? May be when he has left office in March next year. After committing such amount to roads, he will committed another into conducting local government election, which he refused to conduct all this while in office. Heard he will lift embargo in employment by the year ending and take people to teach and by so doing pile up expenses for the next governnent. Ihe ahu o na-agho anyi makwa ya. Ya mee ngwa ngwa rituo ebe ahu ka onye ozo chi anyi. Ekwusigo m.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2013
Note:
One of the major instruments of equitable income distribution in South East Nigeria is small scale trading.
I too like the idea of Departmental stores and Praise Obi for what he is trying to do, but lets not be lost to its implication.
We are inviting Shopright from South Africa to take over our local commerce business as if it is an achievement.

Mind you that after some time such stores will become the cheapest sellers, and will drive away a lot of small scale traders ( just like ASDA, TESCO, etc in UK). That is Unemployment and capital loss waiting to happen. Such stores if big enough can negatively affect farmers of fresh products like milk, vegetables. We need to look at the long run, what will be their position in the next 15 to 20 years. Such stores must be greatly localised, because as their luxury value wears off, they will swallow up open markets in their vicinity.

Please we should change strategies. I believe what we want are efficient Malls or Departmental Stores, not just Shopright. I suggest that government craft policies that will force market traders into co-operatives that will establish and market their own brand of Departmental Stores or Malls. 2 or 3 of them competing across the state and eventually extending to other states. They can compete with Shopright and the rest. A situation were the Govt. is using tax payers resources to import and aid a departmental store is not healthy. At the very least, they should go into partnership with local traders' co-operative.
Commerce is very important to Anambra state, lets not shoot ourselves in the foot! Please Beware!
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by cybernd: 12:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
please has anyone been to Oguta Road lately. thats the same road he constructed when he assumed office and its worse off now. All the roads he constructed in onitsha are in dire need of help. Peter Obi is a newspaper governor. People should go to onitsha especially and see themselves. when you get to upper iweka which happens to be the gateway to anambra state u simply wonder what he's been doing for the past 7years
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by billante(m): 12:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
KenGali: Note:
One of the major instruments of equitable income distribution in South East Nigeria is small scale trading.
I too like the idea of Departmental stores and Praise Obi for what he is trying to do, but lets not be lost to its implication.
We are inviting Shopright from South Africa to take over our local commerce business as if it is an achievement.

Mind you that after some time such stores will become the cheapest sellers, and will drive away a lot of small scale traders ( just like ASDA, TESCO, etc in UK). That is Unemployment and capital loss waiting to happen. Such stores if big enough can negatively affect farmers of fresh products like milk, vegetables. We need to look at the long run, what will be their position in the next 15 to 20 years. Such stores must be greatly localised, because as their luxury value wears off, they will swallow up open markets in their vicinity.

Please we should change strategies. I believe what we want are efficient Malls or Departmental Stores, not just Shopright. I suggest that government craft policies that will force market traders into co-operatives that will establish and market their own brand of Departmental Stores or Malls. 2 or 3 of them competing across the state and eventually extending to other states. They can compete with Shopright and the rest. A situation were the Govt. is using tax payers resources to import and aid a departmental store is not healthy. At the very least, they should go into partnership with local traders' co-operative.
Commerce is very important to Anambra state, lets not shoot ourselves in the foot! Please Beware!

You prefer to be buying your everyday needs in gutter infested environments abi?

Mind you shoprite is just going to be a tenant in the ongoing shopping mall, lots of other shops will be available for other tenants....nothing stops a main market trader to go there and take up a space for his business and compete.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by chino11(m): 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Chino you have any updates on the Orient petroleum refinery? It should have been completed by now given the timescale they gave.

The much I know is that work is fast going at the site. Can't say exactly, but I believe that the company will go full blast on refining before the end of the year.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by slimghost(m): 12:41pm On Jun 17, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^The above quote from the article infuriates me so; what has he been doing for the past 7 years that he could not fix up Onitsha and make it fresh, green, clean and welcoming? It looks like he only just woke up to the fact that Onitsha needs major attention! Anyway, better late than never i suppose.
Do you know how many LGA we have in Anambra? Is Onitsha the only town in Anambra? Dude is spreading development throughout the whole length of Anambra. the rural areas that have been neglected for years have received immense attention. Anambra cannot be a one city state dude.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by bishop4life(m): 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2013
xman4life: His efforts are quite laudable. But pulling down the ABS complex just to make way for the building of shoprite is condemnable. The complex has been there for ages and giving such highy priced land to owners of shoprite just for pecuniary gains is wrong. This is a very controversial move and will surley pitch the governor against most inhabitants of Onitsha.

no, i dont think so. The complex affects on ABS prodution to minimum.ask yourself "what have been the activity on the said complex before now" or are you just emphasising on the fact that it "has been there for ages"? I will even advice him to give away the awada section of ABS which is now more of o wedding reception arena than what it was originaly meant for to plantain and banana sellers
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by slimghost(m): 12:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
cybernd: please has anyone been to Oguta Road lately. thats the same road he constructed when he assumed office and its worse off now. All the roads he constructed in onitsha are in dire need of help. Peter Obi is a newspaper governor. People should go to onitsha especially and see themselves. when you get to upper iweka which happens to be the gateway to anambra state u simply wonder what he's been doing for the past 7years

Are you this brainless? Is Onitsha the only town/city in Anambra?
@bolded. You are a born liar. Upper iweka/bridge head entrance is wearing a new look now.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by bishop4life(m): 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2013
cybernd: please has anyone been to Oguta Road lately. thats the same road he constructed when he assumed office and its worse off now. All the roads he constructed in onitsha are in dire need of help. Peter Obi is a newspaper governor. People should go to onitsha especially and see themselves. when you get to upper iweka which happens to be the gateway to anambra state u simply wonder what he's been doing for the past 7years

please stop your misleading stories.oguta road is still in a good state.and the upper iweka that you mention though still under construction is in its best position for the 28yrs of my life which i spent in onitsha.mind you oguta rd project was instituted under ngige admistration and finished under peter's.am nt his fan.but i hate been biased and sentimental...please onitsha has been gud and getting beta since his admistration

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

General Aliyu Mohammed “Die-to-rule” Gusau Exposed As Top Boko Haram Sponsor / How 2face Outsmart All Nigeria Security Forces. / SDP Executives, 4000 Other Members Defect To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.