Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. (9019 Views)

Senate To Contractor: Stop Work On Otuoke Road Project / Ganduje In Caterpillar, Commissions A Road Project (Photos) / Okorocha’s House Demolished In Orlu For Road Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by hairyman(m): 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
How many of the commentators here are from anambra or have been to anambra and covered reasonable ground. I doubt much of you have. Because looking at your criticisims I can only conclude that there is some lack of information somewhere. Peter obi is without any doubt the best governor that anambra has ever had. I don't know anyone from anambra who has no politically engineered bias that has recently passed off peter obi. People have become so used to their governors doing things they can see while ignoring ones they can't, that it is no longer within their ken to grasp that a state goes beyond visible cities or building roads for that matter. Now when we talk about onitsha roads, care to point out which of those state roads has not been worked on. Even my vicinity of omagba has roads the quality of which you seldom see. The state hospitals are now well manned and equipped, the state now has a secretariat where all government offices can be found, there is now a stock exchange, a stadium, university teaching hospital. The only bad roads I know are federal roads. Understand that anambra has one of the lowest federal allocations and the internal revenue is not huge. Schools have been rehabilitated. And has anyone of you cared cared to inquire abt the present nature of adherence to work ethics? Surely you are not aware that coming late to work now is no longer excusable or tolerable. Civil servants are up and doing. Onitsha I just a little part of anambra. Go into the state and when you get back here, tell me what I don't know about the state of roads since all a Nigerian measures his governor with is state of roads.

9 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by ifechez: 1:15pm On Jun 17, 2013
Youngzedd:

Impossible.

He haven't finish Nwangene He promised since 2006, na this one He wan finish b4 his tenure.

I laugh in Latin.

You are not right. Which nwangene are you talking about? Mind he has within one year(from last year yo now) started and completed roads like ezeiweka and oraifite in awada, obodo road and ekulo group factory road in okpoko, alot of roads in housing fegge, alot of them too in idemilli, onitsha international hotel, and more. Even the park road in GRA is good just that they want to dualise it to ease traffic. Tanx
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by chino11(m): 1:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
cybernd: please has anyone been to Oguta Road lately. thats the same road he constructed when he assumed office and its worse off now. All the roads he constructed in onitsha are in dire need of help. Peter Obi is a newspaper governor. People should go to onitsha especially and see themselves. when you get to upper iweka which happens to be the gateway to anambra state u simply wonder what he's been doing for the past 7years

Shatap you have not been to Upper Iweka recently. The last I checked from Headbridge has been widened to 8 lanes up to Zik junction with street lights, and construction of the dual expressway will continue up to Awka.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by bishop4life(m): 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
Policewoman: But why pull down ABS just to let in a South African conglomerate in? The entire Onitsha is already a huge market and I doubt if Shoprite will make it there, unlike in Enugu.

saying shoprite wont make it in onitshais insensitive.do you know what it means to buy an assured and guaranteed product at the most minimum price? And please he didnt pull down ABS...seek the right information
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by ifechez: 1:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
ofilispeaks: Is it just me or does N300,000,000 not feel like too small for a quality road project? I mean one (1) house in Lekki can cost N100 million? Is he saying that the road is 3 Lekki houses away from perfection undecided

Oga, one house in onitsha also cost over 100million in actual value oooo. How much do you think is spent on all the 4,5,6 storey buildings that's everywhere here.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Originalsly: 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
Hmmm...why pull down the ABS complex and disrupt the lives of so many? Why can't Shoprite go build somewhere else?...Is there no more space?...or is it to prevent the complex from competing with Shoprite? Hmmm....N300m road...how long? ....pitch road?... for heavy vehicles too?...lifespan? We'll see what comes out of it.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by chino11(m): 1:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
Originalsly: Hmmm...why pull down the ABS complex and disrupt the lives of so many? Why can't Shoprite go build somewhere else?...Is there no more space?...or is it to prevent the complex from competing with Shoprite? Hmmm....N300m road...how long? ....pitch road?... for heavy vehicles too?...lifespan? We'll see what comes out of it.

Obi is the most fiscal responsible governor in West Africa. Most Nigerian govs will build same road with over a billion naira. Taking kick backs and all..
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by ak47mann(m): 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
GRA onitsha niger drive.... is well organized with solid nice roads matter of fact GRA FAZE 1 properties are one of the most expensive in SE cool

Niger drive by AK...faze 1 and 2 roads are all tiled cool

No more space in faze one is full,not for boys otu,faze 2 is almost full with new buildings springing up like no tomorrow. I bow for them...

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Yeske2(m): 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
Good move but siting something like that along Park lane off the ever busy Awka road scares me though. Onitsha being a centre of commerce will always attract people far and wide so i feel the location could best be around 3-3 area.
And for that tguy talking about Oguta road being in a deplorable condition, na lie because i live along Oguta road.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by cupid4ig(m): 3:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
presher: peter obi really trying;pls if u dont live in anambra or u are an idemili ngige supporter dnt criticize him,if u want to comment take a trip around anambra state and see hw hard the man is working
the samee anambra am in or another one? smh what he does is to give young guys gun in the name of aavs and yet everyday what we hear is assassins gun shots
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by grandstar(m): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
MillionDollars: I wanna use dis opportunity 2 thank God 4 making first page. Its nt by my power but by God's glory. I thank God
hahahahahahahaha
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by cupid4ig(m): 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2013
emiye:

You did not read the report, project timeline is 6 months, i believe he has over 12months left in his administration.

election is January
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by cupid4ig(m): 3:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
Policewoman: But why pull down ABS just to let in a South African conglomerate in? The entire Onitsha is already a huge market and I doubt if Shoprite will make it there, unlike in Enugu.
he bought the land
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by cupid4ig(m): 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
cybernd: please has anyone been to Oguta Road lately. thats the same road he constructed when he assumed office and its worse off now. All the roads he constructed in onitsha are in dire need of help. Peter Obi is a newspaper governor. People should go to onitsha especially and see themselves. when you get to upper iweka which happens to be the gateway to anambra state u simply wonder what he's been doing for the past 7years
dont mind them what they do is to sit infront of their laptops and type shiiiiiiiiiiittttt i have. i weep for onitsha.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by cupid4ig(m): 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
hairyman: How many of the commentators here are from anambra or have been to anambra and covered reasonable ground. I doubt much of you have. Because looking at your criticisims I can only conclude that there is some lack of information somewhere. Peter obi is without any doubt the best governor that anambra has ever had. I don't know anyone from anambra who has no politically engineered bias that has recently passed off peter obi. People have become so used to their governors doing things they can see while ignoring ones they can't, that it is no longer within their ken to grasp that a state goes beyond visible cities or building roads for that matter. Now when we talk about onitsha roads, care to point out which of those state roads has not been worked on. Even my vicinity of omagba has roads the quality of which you seldom see. The state hospitals are now well manned and equipped, the state now has a secretariat where all government offices can be found, there is now a stock exchange, a stadium, university teaching hospital. The only bad roads I know are federal roads. Understand that anambra has one of the lowest federal allocations and the internal revenue is not huge. Schools have been rehabilitated. And has anyone of you cared cared to inquire abt the present nature of adherence to work ethics? Surely you are not aware that coming late to work now is no longer excusable or tolerable. Civil servants are up and doing. Onitsha I just a little part of anambra. Go into the state and when you get back here, tell me what I don't know about the state of roads since all a Nigerian measures his governor with is state of roads.
security nko? abi u havent heard about ndi nkapu ?
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by redsquare(m): 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2013
cupid4ig: dont mind them what they do is to sit infront of their laptops and type shiiiiiiiiiiittttt i have. i weep for onitsha.

You are the one yapping thrash. When was the last time you visited Osha?
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
billante:

You prefer to be buying your everyday needs in gutter infested environments abi?

Mind you shoprite is just going to be a tenant in the ongoing shopping mall, lots of other shops will be available for other tenants....nothing stops a main market trader to go there and take up a space for his business and compete.

I prefer to retain the prowess we as a people have in commerce, whether am buying from a gutter or a skyscraper. It is called comparative advantage in economics. We who are known as traders should be taking chains stores to other lands, not bringing foreign ones to home. And am not the least interested in Peter Obi politics. The man is almost done with his tenure.

The only reason Lebanese merchants have not taken over Nigerian market is due to Igbo traders, but the gloss of malls, economies of scale are set to work against that. Should we not be thinking of modernising our business strategies?
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by cupid4ig(m): 4:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
redsquare:

You are the one yapping thrash. When was the last time you visited Osha?
am currently in awada as i type this
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by chino11(m): 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
ak47mann: GRA onitsha niger drive.... is well organized with solid nice roads matter of fact GRA FAZE 1 properties are one of the most expensive in SE cool

Niger drive by AK...faze 1 and 2 roads are all tiled cool

No more space in faze one is full,not for boys otu,faze 2 is almost full with new buildings springing up like no tomorrow. I bow for them...

Nwanne mu where have you been? Are in Osha now? Hope you brought some UK stuff? Please post more pix of your hood. Its lovely..
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by sabooke(m): 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
[1] 2 3 4 ... 10

Topic: Photo! a N400M Bugatti Veyron Spotted On Street Of Abuja (Read 17590 times)

nametalkam (5298)
Naijapals Addict (m) | 11 months ago

MY COUNTRY MY PEOPLE
I CANT BELIV DIS N300M FOR 170M NIGERIA
N400M CAR FOR SOUL

no argument, This Bugatti is the most expensive car in the world, costs around $2.4M --~> about N400m, only two of us have it in Nigeria, I and this other stranger fronting with his own.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by shizzle11(m): 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2013
BUT WHY DID IT TAKE YOU SO LONG. ANYWAYS, AS LON AS ITS NOT A WHITE PAPER PROJECT AND WE GET TO SEE THE DIVIDENDS AND THEY'RE ALL COMPLETED AT THE TIME YOU PROMISED, YOU CAN BE FORGIVEN FOR NOT DOING IT EARLIER, BEARING IN MIND "BETTER LATE THAN NEVE".....FINGERS CROSSED, WE ARE WAITING AND WATCHING!
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by ak47mann(m): 7:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
chino11:

Nwanne mu where have you been? Are in Osha now? Hope you brought some UK stuff? Please post more pix of your hood. Its lovely..
My man,i got too many pixs on me i will load more when i get chance,am not in onitsha at the moment went on a visit to calabar but am coming back to onitsha soon as...

kedu ije?we go hook up once i dey ogbe..
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by EkoIle1: 8:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
Youngzedd:

Who said the population of Anambra is 4m.

Define Mega city?

megacity [ˈmɛgəˌsɪtɪ]
n pl -cities
a city with over 10 million inhabitants

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/megacity

Anambra State

The state is located in the South East Geo-Political Zone of Nigeria. It was created on 27 August 1991 out of the old Anambra State. The state capital is Awka and its major commercial city is Onitsha. The mineral deposits in the state are natural gas, bauxite, ceramics, iron stone, and kaolin. Some important tourist attractions are, the Ogbunike Cave, Agulu Lake/Gully, Odinani Museum and Igbo Ukwu Archaeological Escavations.The State is Called Home for All. In the 2006 Population and Housing Census, Anambra state is made up of 2,117,984 males and 2,059,844 females

http://www.population.gov.ng/index.php/anambra-state

So, if the population for the whole of Anambra is less than 5 million, how is he going to turn Onitsha which is a city inside Anambra into a mega city?

Obviously, they don't know the meaning of Mega City or what it takes to be a Mega City.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Koffiman: 8:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
Caleboha: Southeast roads are despicable! Billions of dollars have gone down d drain in the guise of repair contracts. Aba stinks of intense neglect, roads littered with garbage, mud and shit! Its amazing how these igbo guys live on with such resilience while their leaders greedily consume public funds. May be someday they'll stop blaming the Nigerian entity for their predicament and face the devils within.
i wonder how many Centimetres wide that ur oily soup mouth will open 4rm both sides when u talk or swallow amala and gbegiri. U still have not left ur crevices in Oshogbo, Ijebu, Ekiti, ondo and oyo to witness development in other parts of Nigeria, b4 u die of high BP.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by muktarl: 8:46pm On Jun 17, 2013
Rubbish projects!
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by basilo101: 8:48pm On Jun 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/megacity

http://www.population.gov.ng/index.php/anambra-state

So, if the population for the whole of Anambra is less than 5 million, how is he going to turn Onitsha which is a city inside Anambra into a mega city?

Obviously, they don't know the meaning of Mega City or what it takes to be a Mega City.
Lol, dnt tell me u believe Nigeria's fraudulent census figures.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by EkoIle1: 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
basilo101:

what is your own correct census figure and is the population of onisha inside anambra 10 million..?
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Holyrule(m): 12:22am On Jun 18, 2013
it suprises me that despite all this man is tryint to do and is presently doing poipo still complain....take a trip to onitsha and see for urself what that place is becoming presently...mtcheeeew! who see truth make him talk abeg...Peter Obi is trying... security wise, the state has been peaceful and safe
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by cjrane: 1:40am On Jun 18, 2013
basilo101:

A beg no talk to ram. Onitsha is 800,000 and Lagos is 17 million!

You get time to waste bros.
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by Sunnybobo3(m): 3:59am On Jun 18, 2013
Eko Ile:

what is your own correct census figure and is the population of onisha inside anambra 10 million..?

What is the population of Lagos state?
Re: Gov. Obi Launches N300m Road Project In Onitsha. by EkoIle1: 4:25am On Jun 18, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

What is the population of Lagos state?

I really don't know, please help me out. What is the population of Lagos state?

Thanks in advance..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fashola Inspects 70 Million Per Day Adiyan Water Works...pics / General Aliyu Mohammed “Die-to-rule” Gusau Exposed As Top Boko Haram Sponsor / How 2face Outsmart All Nigeria Security Forces.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.