Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC (1057 Views)

Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria / Fashola Why? / Why Not Fashola? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC by olabukola: 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2013
I have always asked people following Nigeria politics this question but non has given me a cogent answer that will convince me to cast my vote if at all am in Nigeria during the election.

Fash has shown what he is made of going by what he has done in Lagos after 8 yrs of Tinubu which he did not do much. What can we use to quantify Buhari in terms of setting the standard for anything in governace. People always shout he is corrupt free and i ask is Fash not corrupt free?. Agains people both here and outside here make a lot of ref about his(Buhari)ability to win the votes from North eg last election but then SW votes alone including lagos will surpass the vote Buhari will accumulate from the north and at the same time the northners that will vote buhari will still vote for fashola but the same thing will not be said from SW votes. Infact SW voters will split between GEJ and Buhari if Buhari contest for APC.

Please we should lobby for Fash and i beleive he is the only candidate that can give GEJ a run for his money come 2015.

Note: I have no party affiliate.
Re: Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC by Benaig(m): 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
You should know by now that APC without a Northern presidential candidate will lead to "no deal" by the Northerners.
The southerners there are prepared to settle for second fiddle - even if better and more qualified than their northern counterparts.

Specifically, APC is for a Buhari candidacy, and if the man kpeme mid-way, another northerner must replace him since they are "born to rule" others.
Re: Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC by kunlekunle: 1:32pm On Jun 17, 2013
Benaig: You should know by now that APC without a Northern presidential candidate will lead to "no deal" by the Northerners.
The southerners there are prepared to settle for second fiddle - even if better and more qualified than their northern counterparts.

Specifically, APC is for a Buhari candidacy, and if the man kpeme mid-way, another northerner must replace him since they are "born to rule" others.

what happens in the next election?
The gentle tiger is not timid.
Re: Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC by kkkp: 1:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
Bcus fashola will b d next senate president

1 Like

Re: Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC by olabukola: 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
kkkp: Bcus fashola will b d next senate president
Being the senate president is nothing compared to being the president. The bulk stops at the president and i do no see the reason why Buhari and Fash should be in the same party and the party chose Buhari over Fash. Fash is far more better than him from which ever angle you look at it. If buhari become the president an Ibo man must be his vp if fash is to become SP. What is Buhari do a Yaradua in office?

Benaig: You should know by now that APC without a Northern presidential candidate will lead to "no deal" by the Northerners.
You wrote like a northerner, Fash is proven while we cannot say the same for Buhari. Wanting a change from pdp does not mean we should accept anybody, let us present a formidable candidate so that we can see the Nigeria all clamour for.
Re: Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC by Zet72(m): 2:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
grin Buhari a proven terrorist, Fashola over hyped politician who does not commend any respect or is unknown outside southwest....

1 Like

Re: Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
APC = Arewa's Political Contention!

If the North does not produce the flag bearer, the merger will end up as just ordinary "maja maja".
Re: Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC by PointB: 2:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
noblezone: APC = Arewa's Political Contention!

If the North does not produce the flag bearer, the merger will end up as just ordinary "maja maja".

And the whole set-up is simply a Colony of BAT (Bola Ahmed Tinubu) which objective is simple to grab power for sake of power never service. Otherwise, in which world will bigoted, sectional leader Buhari be promoted over the like of Ngige, Rochas, Fashola et al in the same party? Only in the Colony of BAT!

1 Like

Re: Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC by kkkp: 5:52pm On Jun 17, 2013
Its a gradual process..or did gudluck jst became president of nigeria frm bn a deputy governor?
olabukola: Being the senate president is nothing compared to being the president. The bulk stops at the president and i do no see the reason why Buhari and Fash should be in the same party and the party chose Buhari over Fash. Fash is far more better than him from which ever angle you look at it. If buhari become the president an Ibo man must be his vp if fash is to become SP. What is Buhari do a Yaradua in office?

You wrote like a northerner, Fash is proven while we cannot say the same for Buhari. Wanting a change from pdp does not mean we should accept anybody, let us present a formidable candidate so that we can see the Nigeria all clamour for.

Re: Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC by teskyg: 7:24pm On Jun 17, 2013
Please ask Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
If Buhari emerges it is a walk in the park for GEJ come 2015!

If Fashola emerges then we have an election on our hand!

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
kkkp: Bcus fashola will b d next senate president
From the core of my Heart::::::::: May God Bless You !!!

If APC really wanna win elections,most especially Presidency,Northern Candidate (Not Necessarily Buhari) is their best bet !!!

I Prefer Ribadu(with Buhari backing up North) even if it warrants inscribing Buhari inside Ribadu's campaign posters ......uhmm hmmm !!! Buhari is good for ICPC job in the longrun !!!

In satisfying the question raised by the Op;

Subject to tribal/ethnic sensitivity of average electorates/Nigerians,it is not reasonable on the part of APC to present a South-western candidate for the post of President since OBJ( a westerner) ruled for 8years !!! ........ Whatever transpired in PDP should be considered in making decisions on APC's part !!!

Infact,APC should strive towards having more members @ the national assembly in 2015 ::::::::: and It would be a tougher game even when PDP wins Presidency in the longrun which may not be through First-Ballot grin !!!

Op do not berate the Powerful Office of the Senate President which I wished Fashola to emerged ::::::::: A sensible C-in-C (unless He is ready to vacate Office) would never wanna go in conflict with the Senate President unless the later also has a skeleton rotten in his cupboard::::::::::::: they could give each-other mutual destruction !!!
Re: Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC by amarilo: 6:57am On Jun 18, 2013
donroxy: From the core of my Heart::::::::: May God Bless You !!!

If APC really wanna win elections,most especially Presidency,Northern Candidate (Not Necessarily Buhari) is their best bet !!!

I Prefer Ribadu(with Buhari backing up North) even if it warrants inscribing Buhari inside Ribadu's campaign posters ......uhmm hmmm !!! Buhari is good for ICPC job in the longrun !!!

In satisfying the question raised by the Op;

Subject to tribal/ethnic sensitivity of average electorates/Nigerians,it is not reasonable on the part of APC to present a South-western candidate for the post of President since OBJ( a westerner) ruled for 8years !!! ........ Whatever transpired in PDP should be considered in making decisions on APC's part !!!

Infact,APC should strive towards having more members @ the national assembly in 2015 ::::::::: and It would be a tougher game even when PDP wins Presidency in the longrun which may not be through First-Ballot grin !!!

Op do not berate the Powerful Office of the Senate President which I wished Fashola to emerged ::::::::: A sensible C-in-C (unless He is ready to vacate Office) would never wanna go in conflict with the Senate President unless the later also has a skeleton rotten in his cupboard::::::::::::: they could give each-other mutual destruction !!!
So in all honesty you will choose senate president over President. You guys can say anything to defend the choice of Buhari kai. What if Buhari did not win the election will Fashola still be the senate president? APC have to win the presidency b4 thinking of senate president.
Re: Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 20, 2013
amarilo: So in all honesty you will choose senate president over President.

You guys can say anything to defend the choice of Buhari kai.

What if Buhari did not win the election will Fashola still be the senate president?

APC have to win the presidency b4 thinking of senate president.

Uhmmmm, Lets Get yo back to Government as a subject !!!

The party that controls majority seat in the senate will produce the Senate President ........

So,if PDP should win the Executive Arm and APC dominate the Legislative Arm then Senate President would emerged from APC !!!

Thereby Fashola can still be the Senate President if his party control the majority seat in the senate !!!

(1) (Reply)

Acn House Of Reps Member Got His Diploma In Journalism When He Was 15years Old / Question For Child Rights Activists / I Will Never Run For Anything Again- Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.