Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? (12733 Views)

Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? / Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? / Echejile Disqualified As First Goal Scorer Against Tahiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2013
Average performance! That is all.
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by chessguru1(m): 9:15am On Jun 18, 2013
Nigerians and their lack of objectivity. Would it hurt so much if some people could for once in their myopic lives view things through multiple angles instead of J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ one way.
A lot of people are complaining about the performance, of which they do have a point (cos d eagles actually sucked), but the match against tahiti was never going to be the test of these boys...even if they scored 100 goals against them, it wouldn't have mattered if they loose to Uruguay. The match against Uruguay should be used as the real yardstick.
2ndly, for crying out loud, these guys traveled over more than 2 continents and different time zones for God knows how many hours only to arrive 9 hours before a match.
Has any of you one track minded posters asked if they had a decent practice b4 the match?
How many players were still suffering from jetlag?
These guys are not programs or machines nah!!
Its clear they were playing in their default mode, and not as a team, and still managed to score 6 goals...abeg give d boys a break.
Finally, since most of our people suffer from short term memory impediment, I would like to refer us back to the nations cup.
Anybody that watched (and believed) the SE would tell you that this team is a BIG MATCH team. Meaning they can up their game when the time or the challenge is right.
J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ as in the group stage in the ANC, where wey appeared to struggle with ethiopia, but where on a different level with ivory cost and mali, so also I believe these guys will play a different game against spain and Uruguay.
Let's J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ be grateful for what we have and support our boys abeg......spain might have 99% possession, and not even score up to 4 against tahiti sef

10 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by DJDOLA(m): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2013
Especially dat musa dat guy lack goal skill imaging one on wit keeper....is passing is not accurate....he only got one thing which is speed....pls if anybody here can reach keshi pls tell him 2 look for another replacement for musa
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by emsheddy(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2013
hassymo5: well they tried but can they keep it up
If thats your own definition of them trying then u need a new orientation. Did u hear that the Tahitian national team is made up of the highest level of non professionals at all? A team made up of bankers, labourers, car washers and even a student who had his final exam postponed inorder to represent the country. Make una play like dat against spain na. Weda una no borrow drum take pack the goals una go receive.
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by BashMe1(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2013
Lordwize: The Tahitian are champions representing some group of people, we like commonising people and that is not good. We fail to understand that it is not easy playing against a lesser opponent, the Eagle tried I beg. If they have lost nko, people wey neva kick water go de shout.

[size=20pt]Oga, park well joor. i doubt if u saw the match. when did Tahiti start playing ball and it is also obvious dat they are jes no fit to be in any serz competition bur Confederation. If Jegede Babes FC gets hold of 'em, be sure they are gonna conceive close to 10goals. i can assure u dat. [/size]
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by IAMBREEZY: 9:18am On Jun 18, 2013
Good game but poor tackling..
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by solomon111(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2013
That game was an embarrasment.
The worst 6-1 victory you will ever see.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by parki: 9:18am On Jun 18, 2013
The super eagle were useless last night. Rubbish play! They had so many chances to convert but selfishness of the players saw them missing vital goals. Musa and Ideye should be ashamed of themselves. I pray our boys play as a team when we meet Uraguay and Spain and abandon self glory. The super eagles will do well in this competition if they play as a team.
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by coalcoal1(m): 9:19am On Jun 18, 2013
Have you guys forgotten that these guys barely just arrived and hardly rested, not to talk of training sef.
Abeg, the boys tried. It's not easy jare. Am sure they'll improve as the tournament progresses
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Tinkinguy(m): 9:19am On Jun 18, 2013
I think we all can just let these guys be.
Yes, it wasn't a fantastic outing, but we got the result QED, and also with lots of goals.

Have you tried playing football with not so good a team before? or play with a child?

If they had played wonderfully well and got no result, we will still come here and compliant about it.

I believe in Super Eagles and will support them, what about you?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by AbuMikey(m): 9:21am On Jun 18, 2013
yuzedo: Lackluster.
Mediocre.
Appalling.

Some adjectives to describe the lack of discipline, focus and cohesion the "team" displayed.
Everybody wanted to shine. Dribble keeper and score classic goal. What happens? They all get stumped by a goalie who's a driver back home.. A DRIVER!

Nnamdi Oduamadi is the only one who had the presence of mind to get the job done.

Ahmed Musa = WASTE.
Brown Ideye = WASTE.
Mikel Obi = Overrated WASTE.

These boys will find it tough against Uruguay and Spain, they are not ready by a mile. I so wished i could believe in them after AFCON's superlative and surprising triumph that made us all proud but it is obvious these useless boys will never live up to Class of 94.

Congrats to Tahiti, they put up a good fight for a country whose population is smaller than Mushin, and whose team consists of ONLY ONE professional. The rest are unemployed blue-collar hands doggedly and patriotically fighting for their country against all odds while the fatcat super eagles fight for bonus. The goal celebration was a thing of joy, it was a moment of light around the whole world.

Sorry for the long post; here's a potato. 0
Very well said!!! How ur Banana Island Mansion nau....Person nor dey hear of you again oo..abi u dey serve ban??
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by coalcoal1(m): 9:21am On Jun 18, 2013
I rate them 7 out of 10
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by tintingz(m): 9:22am On Jun 18, 2013
Bash Me:

[size=20pt]Dont worry, Nigeria will soon meet with Uruguay. let's c hw dey will manage d situation[/size]
yeah we awaits dem hururuguay grin
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by omar22(m): 9:22am On Jun 18, 2013
Lordwize: The Tahitian are champions representing some group of people, we like commonising people and that is not good. We fail to understand that it is not easy playing against a lesser opponent, the Eagle tried I beg. If they have lost nko, people wey neva kick water go de shout.

The Team that lost to the U20 Chilean team 7 - 0, This is the same team Australia always beat with cricket scores
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Cutepie1(f): 9:22am On Jun 18, 2013
4/10
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by tintingz(m): 9:23am On Jun 18, 2013
Ideye played like Adiye(chicken)... See his head like chicken grin

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by AbuMikey(m): 9:24am On Jun 18, 2013
Bash Me:

[size=20pt]Oga, park well joor. i doubt if u saw the match. when did Tahiti start playing ball and it is also obvious dat they are jes no fit to be in any serz competition bur Confederation. If Jegede Babes FC gets hold of 'em, be sure they are gonna conceive close to 10goals. i can assure u dat. [/size]
don't forget that during the 2010 worldcup only one team did an unbeaten,and that's New Zealand ,they drew agaist defending world champions then Italy and this same Tahiti Championed New Zealand,so Chillax

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Wadosky(m): 9:24am On Jun 18, 2013
I will rate them after uruguay and Spain
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by flint4real: 9:24am On Jun 18, 2013
Wel d players tried but some people are complaining.The complainers never noticed that the Tahitians were defensive(5-4-1) formation.The Eagles were able to play well inspite of their defensive game.On my rating it is 6/10 because we cant play with Uruaguay and Spain and expect victory.GOD HELP THE EAGLES
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 18, 2013
my roommate came in around 2am and was seeing the highlights on his laptop. . he was making noise and feeling fly because we scored six. but i was trying to explain to the slowpoke that we didn't play well. he wouldn't hear any of it. as far as he is concerned win na win..

That being said i stopped watching after Tahiti scored.. We dont have a team yet.!!
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Geniero: 9:26am On Jun 18, 2013
Poor xpecially de display from brown nd musa undecided
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Massddweapons: 9:27am On Jun 18, 2013
Next match, Eagles should wear their Green and Green Jersey, that is their trade mark and good-luck jersey, this white jersey is a badluck.
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 18, 2013
Massddweapons: Next match, Eagles should wear their Green and Green Jersey, that is their trade mark and good-luck jersey, this white jersey is a badluck.

True. we dont usually do well in that white!
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by emsheddy(m): 9:28am On Jun 18, 2013
Bash Me:

[size=20pt]Dont worry, Nigeria will soon meet with Uruguay. let's c hw dey will manage d situation[/size]
Thank u abeg. Tell am well well. Una go find ball tire against spain if na like dis una wan go play against them.
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by mascot87(m): 9:32am On Jun 18, 2013
bobthebuilder99: Why must people always complain?

They won the AFCON, won their first match in the confederations cup, and are undefeated since 2011. We are also progressing nicely in our world cup qualifiers.

At the same time...Keshi was almost fired by GEJ.
None of the AFCON matches were broadcast on Naija tv.
Our leaders refused to go to the AFCON final.
Our boys have been underpaid and the sports minister has been chopping their money.
And soo many Nigerians called their own national team the Super Chickens.

I love these Super Eagles. They force you to respect them.
Well said bro, a lot of people like to criticize even when you achieve great success.Well, that's life for you and people can never be satisfied.If Nigeria as won the game by 20-1,people will still criticize and say that Tahiti used there feeders team against us etc. Their is one Yoruba song that says kò şangbọn to lé da, kò siwà to lé wu,kò sọnà to lègba to lé fi tàyè lọrun ọ meaning that no matter the style you use, no matter what attitude you put, no matter how you do it but you cannot satisfy human. Go go go Super Eagle,fly high, prove once more to haters that you can achieve the best.They down graded you at the African cup of Nations and you proved beyond all thought and brought home the Cup. You did it before and you can do it again. SUPER EAGLES OF MY GREAT COUNTRY NIGERIA,WE LOVERS OF OUR COUNTRY ARE SOLIDLY BEHIND YOU AND PRAYING FOR YOU.Victory I'd yours

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by 4ormidable(m): 9:33am On Jun 18, 2013
The super eagles' performance generally were good as per the fact of winning. I think Keshi needs to instil into his players not only the spirit of sportmanship but also that of cooperation in his team. Imagine this early selfishness seen from the strikers especially, musa.. I mean, it's absurd! It's not all about advertising yourselves..super eagles! Representing your country and upholding her dignity & pride matters too.. Pls, pls, pls.. Strikers, we nid team work to win the cup.. golden boot can wait abeg!
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Basic(m): 9:33am On Jun 18, 2013
emsheddy:
If thats your own definition of them trying then u need a new orientation. Did u hear that the Tahitian national team is made up of the highest level of non professionals at all? A team made up of bankers, labourers, car washers and even a student who had his final exam postponed inorder to represent the country. Make una play like dat against spain na. Weda una no borrow drum take pack the goals una go receive.
Shut up abeg! This is exactly how you and your fellow pessimists reasoned before we played against CIV in the nations' cup.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by greall1: 9:33am On Jun 18, 2013
50/50
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by buchito1(m): 9:34am On Jun 18, 2013
yuzedo: Lackluster.
Mediocre.
Appalling.

Some adjectives to describe the lack of discipline, focus and cohesion the "team" displayed.
Everybody wanted to shine. Dribble keeper and score classic goal. What happens? They all get stumped by a goalie who's a driver back home.. A DRIVER!

Nnamdi Oduamadi is the only one who had the presence of mind to get the job done.

Ahmed Musa = WASTE.
Brown Ideye = WASTE.
Mikel Obi = Overrated WASTE. Bro i surport some part of ur posts, bt d remains were crsp!!!!!!! U jst talked shhiit! angry

These boys will find it tough against Uruguay and Spain, they are not ready by a mile. I so wished i could believe in them after AFCON's superlative and surprising triumph that made us all proud but it is obvious these useless boys will never live up to Class of 94.

Congrats to Tahiti, they put up a good fight for a country whose population is smaller than Mushin, and whose team consists of ONLY ONE professional. The rest are unemployed blue-collar hands doggedly and patriotically fighting for their country against all odds while the fatcat super eagles fight for bonus. The goal celebration was a thing of joy, it was a moment of light around the whole world.

Sorry for the long post; here's a potato. 0
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by chessguru1(m): 9:34am On Jun 18, 2013
coal_coal: Have you guys forgotten that these guys barely just arrived and hardly rested, not to talk of training sef.
Abeg, the boys tried. It's not easy jare. Am sure they'll improve as the tournament progresses
I J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ tire my brother
Some of us cannot travel from lag to port harcourt by bus, and not have cramps for hours.
Not to talk about siting still for many hours from SA to brazil.....now to think of it they came in from somewhere 1st b4 even landing in SA, then to brazil.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by k2039: 9:34am On Jun 18, 2013
tintingz: They played well sha... 6 - 1 no be beanz...we should know that Tahiti are also champions grin
You dey try console yourself.
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 18, 2013
coal_coal: Have you guys forgotten that these guys barely just arrived and hardly rested, not to talk of training sef.
. Thanks jare, don't mind these mindless critics, as if it is magic!, whether it ended a 1-0, the fact is that we won, they players did well, and I'm sure we will do better nxt macth! I'm proud of this new generation eagles!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Reject Hotel Booked By Kenya FA / Nigerian Striker, Odion Ighalo Wants English Premier League Return / U20 AFCON: Flying Eagles Aim For Redemption In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.