Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? (12734 Views)

Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance? / Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? / Echejile Disqualified As First Goal Scorer Against Tahiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by k2039: 9:38am On Jun 18, 2013
coal_coal: Have you guys forgotten that these guys barely just arrived and hardly rested, not to talk of training sef.
Abeg, the boys tried. It's not easy jare. Am sure they'll improve as the tournament progresses
That's if they progress in the tournament.
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Ezyp(m): 9:38am On Jun 18, 2013
i love my country so much....so many grateful people
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by chessguru1(m): 9:41am On Jun 18, 2013
Massddweapons: Next match, Eagles should wear their Green and Green Jersey, that is their trade mark and good-luck jersey, this white jersey is a badluck.
Arrant rubbish no be white una use take win ethiopia and thrash mali?
U guys and sentiments eh...I J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ bow for una.
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Mendowed: 9:41am On Jun 18, 2013
u guys complain alot. As if u could do beta. Remember AFCON, der initials are always like dis nd i remeba vividly how u guys said dey wont reach anywer but dey ar champions now. Just seatback nd stop uttern rubbishhhhh. Dey can beat Spain
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Riskymallam: 9:42am On Jun 18, 2013
Hopefully man, hopefully.

oluwasola01: On a scale of 10, I rate them 4/10

The Nigerian team always play according to their opponent's strength. They will do better against Uruguay and Spain
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 18, 2013
For allowing the minnows Thahiti to score a single goal in the 54th minutes.Thahiti won the match!

The same thaitians were walloped 7-0 by chile's under 20 team B.

The fatcats fighting for bonus are bunch of disgrace!
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Ajasnoop: 9:43am On Jun 18, 2013
chess guru: Nigerians and their lack of objectivity. Would it hurt so much if some people could for once in their myopic lives view things through multiple angles instead of J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ one way.
A lot of people are complaining about the performance, of which they do have a point (cos d eagles actually sucked), but the match against tahiti was never going to be the test of these boys...even if they scored 100 goals against them, it wouldn't have mattered if they loose to Uruguay. The match against Uruguay should be used as the real yardstick.
2ndly, for crying out loud, these guys traveled over more than 2 continents and different time zones for God knows how many hours only to arrive 9 hours before a match.
Has any of you one track minded posters asked if they had a decent practice b4 the match?
How many players were still suffering from jetlag?
These guys are programs or machines nah!!
Its clear they were playing in their default mode, and not as a team, and still managed to score 6 goals...abeg give d boys a break.
Finally, since most of our people suffer from short term memory impediment, I would like to refer us back to the nations cup.
Anybody that watched (and believed) the SE would tell you that this team is a BIG MATCH team. Meaning they can up their game when the time or the challenge is right.
J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ as in the group stage in the ANC, where wey appeared to struggle with ethiopia, but where on a different level with ivory cost and mali, so also I believe these guys will play a different game against spain and Uruguay.
Let's J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ be grateful for what we have and support our boys abeg......spain might have 99% possession, and not even score up to 4 against tahiti sef

Silly excuses. They should arrive on time and prepare well for a tournament. They were below par. whether Tahiti is a small team or the SE are a big match team is largely inconsequential. the fact they were poor against Tahiti does not make them a bad team over night. However, we should call a spade a spade and agree they were below par on the night

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 18, 2013
Fair play they can do better thou..
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Lumyboi(m): 9:43am On Jun 18, 2013
I tnk we shld use em more on d flanks cos his pace cld b anoda dimension to our attack. Bt I tnk dt guy has no business comin into d box. Jst so poor infront of goal.
DJDOLA: Especially dat musa dat guy lack goal skill imaging one on wit keeper....is passing is not accurate....he only got one thing which is speed....pls if anybody here can reach keshi pls tell him 2 look for another replacement for musa
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by chessguru1(m): 9:46am On Jun 18, 2013
bodunde1: Infact is as if IDEYE, MUSA HUJA AND MBA don fork b4 coming to field. This is dier worst performance so far. Thanks to echiejile and d hattrick scorer. The world is watching us.
Relax, they will get better (mid fielders), but we don't have strikers right from day one
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by BashMe1(m): 9:49am On Jun 18, 2013
Abu Mikey: don't forget that during the 2010 worldcup only one team did an unbeaten,and that's New Zealand ,they drew agaist defending world champions then Italy and this same Tahiti Championed New Zealand,so Chillax

[size=20pt]Bros, finz av changed o. dis Uruguay plus Spain subsequently, no be joke o. make i remind u say d likes of Suarez, Cavani, Forlan, Xabi, Iniesta, Pedro, Mata, and the likes they await una o.[/size]
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by sureway1(m): 9:49am On Jun 18, 2013
Abu Mikey: Very well said!!! How ur Banana Island Mansion nau....Person nor dey hear of you again oo..abi u dey serve ban??
yezudo! The guy don get employment for 1 lasg pry sch in orile..

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by johnwizey: 9:49am On Jun 18, 2013
I dont understand the reason why u ppl always show hatred to the SE. Majority of the haters here cannot kick ordinary pangolo talkless of ball. I belief they played according to the way their opponent played,although they really flopped at the front(tanx to dat guy dat scored hat-trick). I dont knw wen u ppl will start prasing the SE abi u expet us to beat Tahiti 15:1 before u knw dey played?
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by bolant2002(m): 9:50am On Jun 18, 2013
Although we can not judge the Super Eagles with yesterday's performance,we should have seen a glimpse of the effect of their camping and training.The team is not well knit,they exhibited poor positioning,they lack clinical finish,technicality and they played without tactics.If they had prepared well,not minding the level of their opponents,we would have seen in them the blending of a team that have been together for over two weeks.If some of the players like Anthony Ujah can not justify his inclusion in the team with a small team like Tahiti,then he should have no business in the team.

Notwithstanding,I still believe they can do better against bigger oppositions like Spain and Uruguay.Let's be optimistic and give them a chance.
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by chessguru1(m): 9:50am On Jun 18, 2013
Ajasnoop:

Silly excuses. They should arrive on time and prepare well for a tournament. They were below par. whether Tahiti is a small team or the SE are a big match team is largely inconsequential. the fact they were poor against Tahiti does not make them a bad team over night. However, we should call a spade a spade and agree they were below par on the night
Call it whatever you like, and blame whoever you want, and be as insensitive as you like (after all u are the one paying for whatever physical stress these guys go through on the field).
Nobody doubts that they under performed. But before getting ur knickers in a twist and concluding this is how they will play against spain and Uruguay, put into consideration those little facts you quoted me.
Btw, if you want to blame anyone, pls blame the nff for having d money to pay d eagles, but deciding to pocket half of it for themselves.
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Ebeanoson(m): 9:53am On Jun 18, 2013
Well the truth is that if the Eagles had converted most of their chances to goals, the match would have ended at least 10:1 in their favour. In that march most of our strikers lack accuracy thereby ending up in poor finishing. However, I must also commend the Super Eagles over their victory. I saw a united force, they really played like a team. They only need to work on their parts of accuracy-deficiencies. With better performances in their next matches, the SUPER EAGLES will be UNSTOPPABLE!
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by chessguru1(m): 9:58am On Jun 18, 2013
k2039: That's if they progress in the tournament.
If I had a dollar for every time I heard one of these sadistically pessimistic statements during the AFCON, dangote would be my house boy by now! angry
You would think that by watching SE, chelsea, etc lift the trophy despite having no chance, that they would by now know that football is played by 11 men on the pitch, and not by 160 million people by their tv sets!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by SomaNaeto: 10:00am On Jun 18, 2013
please when is Onazi coming back?
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by youngzeal1: 10:00am On Jun 18, 2013
Not so good........ That's is all
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by RedLight1: 10:00am On Jun 18, 2013
bobthebuilder99: Why must people always complain?

They won the AFCON, won their first match in the confederations cup, and are undefeated since 2011. We are also progressing nicely in our world cup qualifiers.

At the same time...Keshi was almost fired by GEJ.
None of the AFCON matches were broadcast on Naija tv.
Our leaders refused to go to the AFCON final.
Our boys have been underpaid and the sports minister has been chopping their money.
And soo many Nigerians called their own national team the Super Chickens.

I love these Super Eagles. They force you to respect them.
I LOVE SUPER EAGLES cool cool
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by clow(m): 10:01am On Jun 18, 2013
We get ur Point, okay?
But still on still what is this one saying? undecided undecided
yuzedo: Lackluster.
Mediocre.
Appalling.

Some adjectives to describe the lack of discipline, focus and cohesion the "team" displayed.
Everybody wanted to shine. Dribble keeper and score classic goal. What happens? They all get stumped by a goalie who's a driver back home.. A DRIVER!

Nnamdi Oduamadi is the only one who had the presence of mind to get the job done.

Ahmed Musa = WASTE.
Brown Ideye = WASTE.
Mikel Obi = Overrated WASTE.

These boys will find it tough against Uruguay and Spain, they are not ready by a mile. I so wished i could believe in them after AFCON's superlative and surprising triumph that made us all proud but it is obvious these useless boys will never live up to Class of 94.

Congrats to Tahiti, they put up a good fight for a country whose population is smaller than Mushin, and whose team consists of ONLY ONE professional. The rest are unemployed blue-collar hands doggedly and patriotically fighting for their country against all odds while the fatcat super eagles fight for bonus. The goal celebration was a thing of joy, it was a moment of light around the whole world.

Sorry for the long post; here's a potato. 0

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Uclloyd28(m): 10:02am On Jun 18, 2013
Please, Keshi must play Musa against Uruguay...his runs is our only saving grace...forget his poor finishing....keshi must not bench Musa...Ideye should work on his finishing too, his better than Ujah...all we need do is win Uruguay, we are through to the KO stage...Up 9ja!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by ibrutex(m): 10:16am On Jun 18, 2013
I can't say super eagles did not try,dont be surprise if spain end with 2 goals against this tahiti. Musa got the speed but poor cross out and he could not even score an empty post, though he contributed in some of the goals,the guy need to improve in crossing out and shoul get a trainer on goal scoring.
As for Ideye,he lacks goal sense but could only perform better as supporting striker. He has some killer passes which could easily converted by a good striker....
I hope to see a better eagles in subsequent matches
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by optimusprime2(m): 10:19am On Jun 18, 2013
chess guru: Nigerians and their lack of objectivity. Would it hurt so much if some people could for once in their myopic lives view things through multiple angles instead of J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ one way.
A lot of people are complaining about the performance, of which they do have a point (cos d eagles actually sucked), but the match against tahiti was never going to be the test of these boys...even if they scored 100 goals against them, it wouldn't have mattered if they loose to Uruguay. The match against Uruguay should be used as the real yardstick.
2ndly, for crying out loud, these guys traveled over more than 2 continents and different time zones for God knows how many hours only to arrive 9 hours before a match.
Has any of you one track minded posters asked if they had a decent practice b4 the match?
How many players were still suffering from jetlag?
These guys are programs or machines nah!!
Its clear they were playing in their default mode, and not as a team, and still managed to score 6 goals...abeg give d boys a break.
Finally, since most of our people suffer from short term memory impediment, I would like to refer us back to the nations cup.
Anybody that watched (and believed) the SE would tell you that this team is a BIG MATCH team. Meaning they can up their game when the time or the challenge is right.
J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ as in the group stage in the ANC, where wey appeared to struggle with ethiopia, but where on a different level with ivory cost and mali, so also I believe these guys will play a different game against spain and Uruguay.
Let's J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ be grateful for what we have and support our boys abeg......spain might have 99% possession, and not even score up to 4 against tahiti sef
I'm surprised you are sounding this way after SE's were humiliated by a team that had only one full time player, they even allowed Tahiti to score...
Analysis;
out of the 6goals= 1 was a deflected shot, 1 was an own goal that Brown Ideye would have still missed and one was an obvious scramble that resulted in Echeijile's goal.
Does that speak well of a team where everyone is a professional playing 1st team football even if they were Jetlagged?
Mikel was below par prooving the fact he's overated, Musa has never been a player thats spectacular from the get go because he lacks alot of finesse apart from his pace.
Did you not notice the SE's dont have a striker? Wow becuz Oduamadi scored a hatrick he's the hero? Nonsense he was below par too.
Did you not notice even Kenneth Omeruo was leaking till he had to be changed?
Efe Ambrose was not himself at alllllll
did you not notice even Keshi knew it was a poor showing? Ok I know, he was jetlagged as well.
Do you honestly fink Uruguay or Spain would'nt have quadrupled that score line if it was them who played Tahiti?
Do you know goal difference will come to play a very crucial role in that Group Nigeria is in and Nigeria could fetch only 6 and give away one?
Do you honestly think Nigeria can win Spain/Barca or win Uruguay?
My guy fink Logically, SE's screwedup major
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by qplus(m): 10:21am On Jun 18, 2013
I know why the eagles played they way they did.
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by hayordele1: 10:24am On Jun 18, 2013
Well EVANG.OBEY don sing am say 'KO S'OGBO TE LE DA,KO S'IWA TE LE WU,KO S'ONA TE LE GBA,TE LE FI T'AYE LORUN OO'.............i knw dat u pple wil complain,if tahiti nw beat them,u stil complain,watz ur problem?..na wa 4 u ooo...UP SUPER EAGLE!
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by ibrutex(m): 10:25am On Jun 18, 2013
optimus-prime1:

I'm surprised you are sounding this way after SE's were humiliated by a team that had only one full time player, they even allowed Tahiti to score...
Analysis;
out of the 6goals= 1 was a deflected shot, 1 was an own goal that Brown Ideye would have still missed and one was an obvious scramble that resulted in Echeijile's goal.
Does that speak well of a team where everyone is a professional?
Mikel was below par, Musa has never been a player thats spectacular from the get go because he lacks alot of finesse apart from his pace.
Did you not notice the SE's dont have a striker?
Did you not notice even Kenneth Omeruo was leaking till he had to be changed?
Efe Ambrose was not himself at alllllll
did you not notice even Keshi knew it was a poor showing?
Do you honestly fink Uruguay or Spain would'nt have quadrupled that score line if it was them who played Tahiti?
Do you know goal difference will come to play a very crucial role in that Group Nigeria is in and Nigeria could fetch only 6 and give away one?
Do you honestly think Nigeria can win Spain/Barca or win Uruguay?
My guy fink Logically, SE's screwedup major

Guy! Dnt fink every shot would result to a goal
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by MrMr(m): 10:27am On Jun 18, 2013
They really tried, but dey just need to work on dia performance.... encourage them pls
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by optimusprime2(m): 10:31am On Jun 18, 2013
ibrutex:

Guy! Dnt fink every shot would result to a goal
thats the funny thing, they did'nt even shoot... Go to goal.com and look at the match stats compared to possesion.
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 18, 2013
kiss2Tell: 6/10 - I am not a football pundit but Tahiti's one goal was the best goal of the match. Although we came out with the 3 points there were several missed opportunities that shows that if we had faced a better team we might not stand.
WERE YOU SLEEPING WHEN ODUAMADI SCORED THE SECOND GOAL OR ARE YOU JUST SUFFERING FROM A CASE OF SELECTIVE MEMORY, THAT GOAL WAS THE BEST, HE GOT A THROUGH PASS, FAKED, DRIBBLED AND SCORE....................ANYWAY A GOAL COUNTS FOR ONE GOAL NO MATTER HOW GOOD IT LOOKS, NAIJA AND THEIR PESSIMISTIC HATRED FOR EAGLES PISS ME OFF, IF THEY LOSE THEN THEY CANT PLAY, IF THEY WIN, THEN ITS LUCK, IF THEY SCORE SIX GOALS THE OTHER TEAM SCORED THE BETTER ONE, EVEN IF THEY SCORED ONLY ONE
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by omo9ja1(m): 10:35am On Jun 18, 2013
I think they play according to the opponent, but well done 6 goals no easy in a gamesmiley
Re: Super Eagles Performance Against Tahiti - How Would You Rate It? by JaaizTech: 10:37am On Jun 18, 2013
Preciousguyx: All i can say is that we've got no striker. Ideye, musa, ujah even d oduamadi sef.....i dnt knw wat is happening. Musa is d most insulted but i guess without him we wouldnt have scored so many goals. Damn! that guy got pace...the spanish & uruguanians will surely be planning to nail him down! All i jst want keshi to do now, is to work on d strikers....they've lack accuracy, consistency & balance.

The thing dey surprise me too o; the guy was our most threatening player, yet He is getting all these insults!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Reject Hotel Booked By Kenya FA / Nigerian Striker, Odion Ighalo Wants English Premier League Return / U20 AFCON: Flying Eagles Aim For Redemption In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.