Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,594 members, 7,847,510 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:19 PM

No Elaborate 50th Birthday Party For Me -gov Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Elaborate 50th Birthday Party For Me -gov Fashola (481 Views)

I Would Have Remained In PDP, If I Knew My Deputy Would Betray Me--gov. Amaechi / How Aliyu And Lamido Deceived Me- Gov. Amaechi: / I'll Kill GEJ, His Wife And You If Anyone Attempts To Remove Me - Gov Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Elaborate 50th Birthday Party For Me -gov Fashola by Aderostock(m): 11:24pm On Jun 21, 2013
Lagos State governor Babatunde Fashola will
turn 50 on June 28th. His aides were planning
an elaborate 50th birthday party but he asked
them to stop.
He doesn't want to have an elaborate birthday
at tax payers expense.
Read what he told City People below:
"By nature I am not a ceremonious person. I
don't like all the noise and partying. When I saw
all the plans going on for my 50th, I said no.
If this is my day, then those who really love me
should allow me do it the way I want to. I have
told my aides how I feel about this whole 50th
birthday celebration. I asked them if governors
in other countries don't have their birthdays
and is it usually in such a loud way and
manner? If I do it my own way it won't cost me
that much to receive my visitors.
I funded my 40th birthday when I was Chief of
Staff and it cost me so much. I am not quite
sure I can do the same now. As a Governor, it
will cost me more. I am not sure I want to
spend that kind of money on parties.
And to tell you the truth, the idea that probably
I will have a birthday at tax payers expense is
something that does not go down well with me,
and it's only for 24 hours. So I am going to have
a very quiet and simple day with close friends
and family.

http://m.naij.com/news/37949.html

1 Like

Re: No Elaborate 50th Birthday Party For Me -gov Fashola by Aderostock(m): 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2013
This man outclasses all leaders be it present and past. He is too intelligent, articulate, decorum, and futuristic than this country called Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: No Elaborate 50th Birthday Party For Me -gov Fashola by Nobody: 12:14am On Jun 22, 2013
Fashola, is that your football age or civil service age? you should be older than that nau! If you are 50 years, then am 10 years. smh. cry

Just kidding anyway! Happy Birthday to you sir! May you live long to see your children's children's children's........ cheesy cool
Re: No Elaborate 50th Birthday Party For Me -gov Fashola by Jakumo(m): 6:35am On Jun 22, 2013
Fashola for president, all the way baby.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan, NASS Draw Battle Line / Presidents And Governors Are No More Immune To Prosecution / Presidency: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Sudan’s Al-bashiroo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.