Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,320 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance (7941 Views)

13 Things Women Do Only When They Are Not Interested In You. / How To Get A Guy Attention In Any Circumstance / Ladies: 10 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Boyfriend, Under ANY Circumstance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by free2ryhme: 10:59am On Jun 22, 2013
A girl in love will do just about anything for her man, but there are 13 phrases to never say to your girl unless you’re looking for trouble.

“Have You Gained a Little Weight?”

Even if she was super skinny before, never tell her she has gained weight. Trust me, she knows if she has gained weight and this will come across as telling her she’s “fat.” It doesn’t matter if the weight gain is good and makes her look healthier, this is just a phrase you never say. Is she gaining weight due to depression or are you worried about her health? Then you need to address the root cause of the problem – and her weight will not be the problem. You can address her sadness, her food addiction, her lack of exercising by offering to go on a healthy lifestyle plan with her; but do not tell her she looks fat!

“My Mother Does It Like This …”

Your girlfriend is not your mother and all she will hear when you say this phrase is: “You’re not good enough.” Your mom may be the most wonderful woman in the world, but you don’t want to create a battle line between the two most important girls in your life. We like that your mom is your role model, but we were raised a little differently and we want to know that you think we’re OK just the way we are.

“Let’s Go See My Mom – Again”

Being there for your mom and helping her out is very sweet. Being too dependent on your mom and not being able to go a few days without her, or asking for her advice on your relationship, is not a good thing. When a guy shows that he hasn’t cut the apron strings, we begin to worry that we’ll never be No. 1 in his life. We suddenly start to worry about whether we are “good enough” and what this other woman thinks of us.

“I Prefer You To Do It Like This …”

If your girl is trying her best, never ever, like ever, criticize her. It’s better to wait until she’s not around and then fix it the way you like it, or toughen up and adapt to it in the moment. No one is perfect and we all do things differently, but if you criticize her when she’s trying hard, she’ll give up and stop doing things for you.

“My Family Doesn’t Really Like You”

Even if your family dislikes her, she does not need to know this. This is between you and them, not her and them. Never put her in the middle of that fight. You picked her, they have to accept that. If you bring her into that contentious spot, she’s likely to bolt as she begins wondering how they will treat your future children.

“My Ex Use To Do That”

This is bad – always. If it’s a special moment, you’ve likely just lost all trust from your girlfriend. It’s hurtful to know you’re still thinking about “the other girl.” If it’s something that is bad that your ex used to do, your new girlfriend will feel like a failure. Either way, you lose.

“That Was In My Past”

Some things need to be left in the past. She doesn’t need to know how many girls you dated or kissed. If she asks, tell her you just can’t remember and that she is the only one for you so it doesn’t matter. There are some things you need to fess up to: illegal activities, drug use, previous marriages and STDs for example.

“But The Game Is On”

We know that in that moment the football game is more important than your girl – but you shouldn’t tell her that. Prior to the game, let her know it’s coming on and at what time. Let her know how long it will be and where you’re watching it. Hopefully she’ll give you the time and space to watch it. If not, smile and listen to the keywords coming out of her mouth so you can repeat them to her later!

“Just Relax”

If a woman is mad, this will just make her madder. This tells her that you don’t respect the reasons behind her anger and you’re not willing to put in the effort to make it better. This come across as saying “You’re not worth this argument.”

“I Don’t Like Your Friends”

You may not like her friends but they were likely there before you so make an effort to tolerate them. If you start separating her from friends, her friends will talk her into believing that you are being controlling – if this is true, she needs to dump you. If you’re not controlling and her friends are a bad influence on her, you have to slowly help her find new, better friends and new hobbies that don’t include the old friends. She’ll eventually decide which path to take and you never have to be the bad guy.

“You’re Being Insecure”

If a woman is being jealous, look at the reason behind it. Are you talking to another girl that is prettier? Are you texting other women? It’s likely that her insecurity is based on your actions. If she’s insecure because of her own inner conflicts, help her through them by building up her self-esteem, not by criticizing her. If that doesn’t work, and her insecurity is out of control, you may need to leave the relationship until she gets help.

“Your Friend/Sister/Neighbor is Pretty/Really Sweet/Attractive”

This should get you slapped and will cause her months and months of sleepless nights wondering if you’d rather date the person you are complimenting. It’s good that her friend is nice, but it’s better to say, “Your friend is really nice to you. I can see why you hang out with her.” It’s never under any circumstances OK to say another woman is attractive. When she asks if you think someone is, say “I guess, but she’s nothing compared to you.”
Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2013
But some of those things could be the truth. Why hide the truth
You might try to colour it as ladies don't like being told the truth but if it bothers you that she's fat, tell her she's fat. Don't keep it inside of you and suffer. There are many things on that list that i'd rather my man tell me if that's what he feels like than hide it inside of him.

3 Likes

Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by Popowaa: 11:32am On Jun 22, 2013
If you compare me with ur ex i give u a red flag cos if ur ex is better than me y are u with me and not her

1 Like

Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 22, 2013
Popowaa: If you compare me with ur ex i give u a red flag cos if ur ex is better than me y are u with me and not her

...probably b'cos you might have some good grades in wot he wld consider "a scale of personality preference" and his ex scores badly in dat area...
Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by adewasco2k(m): 6:46pm On Jun 22, 2013
“I Prefer You To Do It Like This …”?

I can't tell my wife that? We should probably not talk at all

1 Like

Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by akinwunmi(m): 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
Dating Do's and Don'ts http://topinfoarena.ucoz.com .......i hope am not breaking any rules o
Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 22, 2013
I will & do say these:

- You've gained weight.

- You’re Being Insecure.

- I Prefer You To Do It Like This.

- I Don’t Like Your Friends.

- Your Friend/Sister/Neighbor is Pretty/Really Sweet/Attractive.

- I am watching a match.

...with no intent to offend...whenever the situation demands it.

1 Like

Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by kedukc(m): 8:29pm On Jun 22, 2013
@op go home you're drunk.
Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by tolu4you: 8:55pm On Jun 22, 2013
I will surely say this..... I dnt like your friends.
Nothing is wrong wiy dat

1 Like

Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2013
There are somethings I would like to be told on that list o, op.
I don't know which fake site you went to copy your thread from

1 Like

Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by akinwunmi(m): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2013
Dating Do's and DOn'ts

Feel like your relationship has fallen flat? Can't seem to put your finger on any one issue but it just feels like something is amiss between you and your flame?

If so, you may be in the middle of a relationship slump. Don't panic. Don't pull the plug. Funks can be fixed by simply razzing up the routine a bit. In this world full of uncertainty maintaining your relationship may not always as easy.

However learning to boost your bond is not as hard as you thought. All you need is to take care of certain things which will strengthen the bond.There are certain things which you must DO and definitely certain things which you must NOT DO! Well I don’t want to scare you but the truth is that in order to keep your relationship burning an effort HAS to be given in order to arouse your partner.

For more details click... http://topinfoarena.ucoz.com/dating.html
Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by Obeto(m): 11:11pm On Jun 22, 2013
My resolve is simple. if she's the lady you want to marry, it'll be better to be truthful rather than pretend. It all depends on how the message is passed across. My advice: DONT SAY ANY OF THESE WHEN YOU ARE ANGRY. Stay away from anyone that is not open to advice and truth. That's immaturity. My wife is a perfect example of a listener, and she's better for it by the day. I playfully and jokingly tell her something serious and she grab the gist before I land. Please and please, never insult a lady in the name of correction or airing your opinion. Ciao!!!

1 Like

Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by oyinbogirl(f): 9:29am On Jun 23, 2013
Popowaa: If you compare me with ur ex i give u a red flag cos if ur ex is better than me y are u with me and not her

yes.. ur right

@ poster
good points lol
Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by nganga6543: 9:40am On Jun 23, 2013
great
Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by cityhood: 10:50am On Jun 23, 2013
free2ryhme: A girl in love will do just about anything for her man, but there are 13 phrases to never say to your girl unless you’re looking for trouble.

“Have You Gained a Little Weight?”

Even if she was super skinny before, never tell her she has gained weight. Trust me, she knows if she has gained weight and this will come across as telling her she’s “fat.” It doesn’t matter if the weight gain is good and makes her look healthier, this is just a phrase you never say. Is she gaining weight due to depression or are you worried about her health? Then you need to address the root cause of the problem – and her weight will not be the problem. You can address her sadness, her food addiction, her lack of exercising by offering to go on a healthy lifestyle plan with her; but do not tell her she looks fat!

“My Mother Does It Like This …”

Your girlfriend is not your mother and all she will hear when you say this phrase is: “You’re not good enough.” Your mom may be the most wonderful woman in the world, but you don’t want to create a battle line between the two most important girls in your life. We like that your mom is your role model, but we were raised a little differently and we want to know that you think we’re OK just the way we are.

“Let’s Go See My Mom – Again”

Being there for your mom and helping her out is very sweet. Being too dependent on your mom and not being able to go a few days without her, or asking for her advice on your relationship, is not a good thing. When a guy shows that he hasn’t cut the apron strings, we begin to worry that we’ll never be No. 1 in his life. We suddenly start to worry about whether we are “good enough” and what this other woman thinks of us.

“I Prefer You To Do It Like This …”

If your girl is trying her best, never ever, like ever, criticize her. It’s better to wait until she’s not around and then fix it the way you like it, or toughen up and adapt to it in the moment. No one is perfect and we all do things differently, but if you criticize her when she’s trying hard, she’ll give up and stop doing things for you.

“My Family Doesn’t Really Like You”

Even if your family dislikes her, she does not need to know this. This is between you and them, not her and them. Never put her in the middle of that fight. You picked her, they have to accept that. If you bring her into that contentious spot, she’s likely to bolt as she begins wondering how they will treat your future children.

“My Ex Use To Do That”

This is bad – always. If it’s a special moment, you’ve likely just lost all trust from your girlfriend. It’s hurtful to know you’re still thinking about “the other girl.” If it’s something that is bad that your ex used to do, your new girlfriend will feel like a failure. Either way, you lose.

“That Was In My Past”

Some things need to be left in the past. She doesn’t need to know how many girls you dated or kissed. If she asks, tell her you just can’t remember and that she is the only one for you so it doesn’t matter. There are some things you need to fess up to: illegal activities, drug use, previous marriages and STDs for example.

“But The Game Is On”

We know that in that moment the football game is more important than your girl – but you shouldn’t tell her that. Prior to the game, let her know it’s coming on and at what time. Let her know how long it will be and where you’re watching it. Hopefully she’ll give you the time and space to watch it. If not, smile and listen to the keywords coming out of her mouth so you can repeat them to her later!

“Just Relax”

If a woman is mad, this will just make her madder. This tells her that you don’t respect the reasons behind her anger and you’re not willing to put in the effort to make it better. This come across as saying “You’re not worth this argument.”

“I Don’t Like Your Friends”

You may not like her friends but they were likely there before you so make an effort to tolerate them. If you start separating her from friends, her friends will talk her into believing that you are being controlling – if this is true, she needs to dump you. If you’re not controlling and her friends are a bad influence on her, you have to slowly help her find new, better friends and new hobbies that don’t include the old friends. She’ll eventually decide which path to take and you never have to be the bad guy.

“You’re Being Insecure”

If a woman is being jealous, look at the reason behind it. Are you talking to another girl that is prettier? Are you texting other women? It’s likely that her insecurity is based on your actions. If she’s insecure because of her own inner conflicts, help her through them by building up her self-esteem, not by criticizing her. If that doesn’t work, and her insecurity is out of control, you may need to leave the relationship until she gets help.

“Your Friend/Sister/Neighbor is Pretty/Really Sweet/Attractive”

This should get you slapped and will cause her months and months of sleepless nights wondering if you’d rather date the person you are complimenting. It’s good that her friend is nice, but it’s better to say, “Your friend is really nice to you. I can see why you hang out with her.” It’s never under any circumstances OK to say another woman is attractive. When she asks if you think someone is, say “I guess, but she’s nothing compared to you.”
Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by koncord83: 12:09pm On Jun 23, 2013
good advise .
Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2013
Women and all these don't s don dey tire me. Abi them be glass?
Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by kingjohnny(m): 3:05pm On Jun 23, 2013
Hahahaha cheesy
Never meant to hurt sometimes
Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by 190: 3:50pm On Jun 23, 2013
Never tell a Nigerian girl ure broke or u dont have money

u go regret that statement eva grin grin grin

cos Nigerian girls nor dey like hear that one at all grin grin
Re: 13 Things You Should NEVER Say To Your Girlfriend, Under ANY Circumstance by nikkyshyne(f): 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2013
Nemeka: Women and all these don't s don dey tire me. Abi them be glass?
Yes we are! Handle us with care.

(1) (Reply)

Will U Eat This Burger That Looks Like V*gina? ( Pic) / She Denies Me Sex But Sleeps With Everyone Else / Hips & Breast Alert! Photos Of This Actress In Tight Gown Is All You Need To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.