Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,213 members, 7,839,131 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos (9316 Views)

Ajimobi's First-class schools in Oyo / Aregbesola's First-class Schools in Osun, The ''O'' State / Amosun's First-class Schools In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by tsomething: 12:34am On Jun 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

But below...

Your incompetent governors after many years than Fashola in office are yet to build one single classroom or even one dog cage.....lmao

Another unintelligent post from a drowning man. Seems Akpabio has spent 6yrs in office while Fashola only spent 2,200 days. It's very clear Akpabio has spent more time in office than Fashola .

Hahahaha

*In Eko Ile's voice* Awon Olodo

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by olivertwist: 12:54am On Jun 23, 2013
@OP,

You'll be shocked that more than 50% of those kids in the pictures above are Igbos and other non-Yorubas( this is a fact). This is what we are talking about regarding population explosion in Lagos. As I'm typing, thousands of family are entering Lagos from the villages especially outside SW thereby over-stretching the educational infrastructures in Lagos state.

And what can Fashola do than to accept and cater for them by continue to build new modern schools and facilities as shown by Eko-Ile in order to accommodate them all as they are leaders of tomorrow. Afterall, they are Nigerians.

Another factor is that of scarcity of land in Lagos unlike other states. Hence the reason why most old schools are been demolished for new ones.

Eko o ni baje

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by tsomething: 1:15am On Jun 23, 2013
olivertwist: @OP,

You'll be shocked that more than 50% of those kids in the pictures above are Igbos and other non-Yorubas( this is a fact). This is what we are talking about regarding population explosion in Lagos. As I'm typing, thousands of family are entering Lagos from the villages especially outside SW thereby over-stretching the educational infrastructures in Lagos state.

And what can Fashola do than to accept and cater for them by continue to build new modern schools and facilities as shown by Eko-Ile in order to accommodate them all as they are leaders of tomorrow. Afterall, they are Nigerians.

Another factor is that of scarcity of land in Lagos unlike other states. Hence the reason why most old schools are been demolished for new ones.

Eko o ni baje

Shut up, before you allow Amadioha strike you with partial stroke .

Is the revenue and taxes LASG is making coming from only indigenes alone? So when time to pay tax reach am a Lagosian but time to use my money and provide amenities for me, you remember am a migrant .

smh for some clueless ACN goons

4 Likes

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by pmc01(m): 1:20am On Jun 23, 2013
The OP and his backers are a waste of Nigeria's educational resources- failed products in short. This post is so foolish and unintelligent and could only have come from people whose brains are composed of Akpu and ora/banga soup. Nonsense!!!
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by ujoinme: 1:25am On Jun 23, 2013
eko ole and his fellow goons. There is fire on the mountain ! you know what to do..... run run run......lol.

Cant believe that those are schools in ACN states that these clowns have been making noise about. non performing governors whos achievement is only on propaganda media. now we all know better.

FSU you are the man! I will vote for you to be nominated the best investigative reporter on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by ujoinme: 1:28am On Jun 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

Thanks, I was about to post that..

These village illiterates don't know their right fro left, they just jumped on the internet and copy/paste ignorant nonsense...

HA HA HA ! copy and paste indeed, a crime you are not guilty of?

you cant swallow a piece of your own medicine?

what is good for the goose is also good for the gander!

FSU is the MAN!

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by FSU: 1:45am On Jun 23, 2013

Eko o ni baje

So in essence non-Yoruba own more than 50% of Lagos and pay more than 50% of the taxes, thereby contributing more than 50% of the economy of Lagos. I dey laff oh! You guys want to eat your cake and still have it.

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by olivertwist: 1:51am On Jun 23, 2013
t-something:

Shut up, before you allow Amadioha strike you with partial stroke .

Is the revenue and taxes LASG is making coming from only indigenes alone? So when time to pay tax reach am a Lagosian but time to use my money and provide amenities for me, you remember am a migrant .

smh for some clueless ACN goons

My friend stop being worked up and emotional unnecessarily. Re-read my post with an open mind. That you pay/intend to pay your tax is not the issue here. The issue here is over-stretching of educational infrastructures in Lagos state. Even if Fashola builds a school in Lagos every other day, this problem will still be there.And, if we are to flow with your line of reasoning, are you saying it's okay for the entire 170 million Nigerians to migrate to 'tiny Lagos' as long as they all are going to pay their taxes? No, my friend, it doesn't work like that. Go to top US, UK, China and other developed cities and you will see that one major common problem they all have is, how to control rural-urban migration. I have no problem with every one migrating to Lagos but I'd rather want every town, city and village in Nigeria to be developed. My one kobo. wink

2 Likes

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by olivertwist: 1:51am On Jun 23, 2013
Double post
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by tsomething: 1:53am On Jun 23, 2013
pmc01: The OP and his backers are a waste of Nigeria's educational resources- failed products in short. This post is so foolish and unintelligent and could only have come from people whose brains are composed of Akpu and ora/banga soup. Nonsense!!!

At least they have matter in their heads, what do you have in yours? After going through all the pictures and you can only blame the OP, it shows your head is only composed of urine.

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by olivertwist: 1:57am On Jun 23, 2013
FSU:

So in essence non-Yoruba own more than 50% of Lagos and pay more than 50% of the taxes, thereby contributing more than 50% of the economy of Lagos. I dey laff oh! You guys want to eat your cake and still have it.

I said 50% of those poor kids in the pictures? Now tell me how the parents of those kids will own more than 50% of Lagos and pay more than 50% of the taxes, thereby contributing more than 50% of the economy of Lagos like you said. Are you serious or you are joking?
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by tsomething: 1:59am On Jun 23, 2013
olivertwist:

My friend stop being worked up and emotional unnecessarily. Re-read my post with an open mind. That you pay/intend to pay your tax is not the issue here. The issue here is over-stretching of educational infrastructures in Lagos state. Even if Fashola builds a school in Lagos every other day, this problem will still be there.And, if we are to flow with your line of reasoning, are you saying it's okay for the entire 170 million Nigerians to migrate to 'tiny Lagos' as long as they all are going to pay their taxes? No, my friend, it doesn't work like that. Go to top US, UK, China and other developed cities and you will see that one major common problem they all have is, how to control rural-urban migration. I have no problem with every one migrating to Lagos but I'd rather want every town, city and village in Nigeria to be developed. My one kobo. wink

enough said , where are the schools he has been building with 499billion for over 14 years.
It seems your missing the point , the schools aren't just over stretched , they have been totally neglected. Show us World class schools that have had their facilities stretched ?

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by FSU: 1:59am On Jun 23, 2013
olivertwist:

I said 50% of those poor kids in the pictures? Now tell me how the parents of those kids will own more than 50% of Lagos and pay more than 50% of the taxes, thereby contributing more than 50% of the economy of Lagos like you said. Are you serious or you are joking?

You must be kidding yourself.

Have you seen the threads on Ogun, Oyo and Osun? I could add Ekiti and Ondo to complete the show.
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by bumdish: 2:43am On Jun 23, 2013
Eko Ilo, being your ardent follower, I must say you disappointed me today. Your response shows that you are more concerned about the reputation of your paymaster and how badly your paymaster rates on the shame scale than the pitiable plight of those kids whose future the inactions of our leaders continue to obliterate . Right now, you rank side by side the likes of sincere9nigeria and your elder brother reben abati, a people who see black and call it white; whose thoart matters more to them than there heart. In the words of Fela... All of them n.a. the sameeeee

6 Likes

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by qhiwegh(m): 4:26am On Jun 23, 2013
Wow, I really hit a nerve here, so much hatred against my moderate comment.

It's not Yoruba vs non-Yoruba, but simply arithmatics: how can Lagos state have enough money to provide for the education of poor migrant children from every part of West Africa? Now if the FG gives Lagos SG money for the extra residents then it would be ok, but FG doesn't do that.

Even if Lagos does have enough money to provide great schools for every child, then there would be an even larger flood of people to Lagos. Entire villages would be empty. Then we'd have a bigger problem.

The Lagos Megacity Project seeks to repatriate the poor, unskilled village migrants, and retain only professionals and medium to large merchants. This way, Lagos won't be such a dump, and would rank among the premier cities of the world.

A city is only as great as its inhabitants, and a city of semi-illiterate villagers from the bush can never be great. It takes time for the rest of Nigeria to become civilised enough for Lagos.
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by EkoIle1: 4:32am On Jun 23, 2013
bumdish: Eko Ilo, being your ardent followere

Abeg don't be my follower o, last thing I need is another bitchass crybaby villager..
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by timifakay(m): 6:44am On Jun 23, 2013
t-something:

Shut up. Rome wasn't built in a day but after 14yrs with less than $1mill annually , the Roman empire had started taking shape and conquering other empires. Lagos state has spent $3.2billion annually for 14yrs and we still see these kind of schools in their domain. Not only should the governor be hanged by the balls, you should be shut in the eye for spewing such rubbish defense for a fraudstar
Yes because the rate of exchange, cost of labour and challenges back then are exactly the same as those we face today, we can make a direct comparison of what was done then and now.
Your tantrums on all these threads make me wonder how much good you will do and how many people whose lives will be lost for having opinions different from yours if in position of authority.

BTW i wonder what goes on in your home with the way you have been shutting everyone up wanting your voice to be louder than theirs.
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by timifakay(m): 7:21am On Jun 23, 2013
FSU: Lagos school where students study under trees
On May 8, 2013

By Bose Adelaja

In case the Lagos State governor, Babatunde Fashola or his aides, are reading this piece, their attention is urgently needed at Community Secondary School, Bayeku in Ikorodu area of the State. Reason? The school is an academic embarrassment.

The Governor has repeatedly promised qualitative education to Lagosians with ‘’Adopt a School Project’’ initiative where private organisations and individuals are encouraged to give public schools a facelift. Since the inception of the initiative, many schools have benefitted immensely.

Examples are Community Senior Secondary School, Tafawa Balewa Crescent; Sari Secondary School, Sari Iganmu; Dolphin Senior High School, Lagos Island and Senior Secondary School, Keffi Ikoyi which can now compete favourably with their private counterparts in terms of basic amenities like functional laboratories and information technology, modern classrooms and toilet facilities, among others.
Please do not disturb!.... Open air class study in progress

Please do not disturb!…. Open air class study in progress

During Vanguard Metro’s visit to Dolphin Senior High School Lagos Island and Sari Secondary School, Sari-Iganmu, students and teachers were seen carrying out the day’s activities without stress as academic activities took place under a conducive environment; also, there was regular water and power supply in these schools.

But the reverse is the case at Community Secondary school, Bayeku in Ikorodu. The school is bogged down by challenges ranging from dilapidated school buildings, inadequate classrooms, non-functional library, laboratories, lavatories to late attendance of pupils to school.

Also, some structures in the school are so badly damaged that the urgent intervention of government is required to avoid further damages to the school.

The school which was founded on September 5, 1983 is dilapidated and no longer conducive for learning. With the recent 2013 weather forecast, the threat of rains has become a serious concern to students, parents and teachers, especially as learning and other activities usually come to a halt each time it rains.

Makeshift structures

Teachers and students still cannot forget the downpour of Sunday July 10, 2011 which caused the collapse of the perimeter fencing of the school, exposing them to the menace of street urchins. The school has only two buildings with leaking roofs. The buildings are complemented by some makeshift structures with few chairs and tables which cannot serve the number of students in the school. Due to shortage of classrooms, all JSS 1 and 3 students are forced to receive lectures under a tree, except during examinations when they have to swap with JSS 2 students who are entitled to some of the classrooms.

The rains have made learning very difficult for the students. Some students who spoke to VM said the last time it rained, both the students sitting under the trees and classrooms were drenched, leading to the suspension of academic activities for the day.

‘’In fact, some of us were moved from one ‘classroom’ to another which disrupted learning. The teachers were helpless as the situation forced them to stop teaching. Temporary respite came when some concerned citizens donated some building materials for construction of more classrooms but the effort was jeopardised due to inadequate fund.

As at the time of filing this report, the perimeter fencing of the school is yet to be reconstructed. Some neighbours who spoke with VM complained that some students now indulge in nefarious activities in and around the school. ‘’Their hideouts are uncompleted buildings and they use dangerous weapons freely,’’ said Mr and Mrs Segun Ayilara.

A proprietor of a private school, who pleaded anonymity, said some students of this school are cultists who visit his school with dangerous weapons to distrupt academic activities. ‘’We have reported them to the school authorities but the teachers are helpless as they are beaten up by the students at slightest opportunity,’’ he said.

When VM spoke with some of the students, they said they were already used to the situation as the school is the only high school in the community. Some of them also complained of sharp practices on the part of teachers which they said has added to the existing problems.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/lagos-school-where-students-study-under-trees/
I almost thought the students are bad because the school buildings are bad.
Why didnt this report recognise the extra efforts of the students and teachers who manage such pitiable condition (im sure their number is larger than that of the truants) hammering on the problems caused by lack of or improper upbringing like bad school building caused them.
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by rozayx5(m): 7:56am On Jun 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

[s]Abeg don't be my follower o, last thing I need is another bitchass crybaby villager[/s] ..

leader dey run from followers already, this is just the beginning by the time ACN goons are exposed totally in the southwest, you wont visit Nairaland again, if you do you will change your moniker, will be in Lagos next month with my Camera again to show the world the real lagos grin grin grin
last month i was pitying fashola, unless Jakande Area alone is enough to make fashola look like a Robber

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by gratiaeo(m): 11:06am On Jun 23, 2013
qhiwegh: How could the Lagos State Government possibly be responsible for the children of millions of non-indigenous Lagosians? The LASG is responsible only for Lagosians not for all of Nigeria or all of Africa. No state anywhere in Nigeria or even in the world could possibly accommodate so many NON-TAXPAYING residents.

We need to secure our borders so that illegal immigration stops. We need to develop other parts of Nigeria so that not every Nigerian feels compelled to go to Lagos to make a living.
The foo.lishness of Yoruba man in fool display. So you believe that none Yorubas like Igbos will send their ward in those school?

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by londoner: 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2013

Eko o ni baje

@oliver twist

Oh do you know the area and the school?

Please share with us where you got those facts from?

I'm not talking convenient opinion, but facts please.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by FSU: 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2013
[quote author=londoner][/quote]

You dey mind them?

Average Igbos in Lagos are by far more well to do than average Yorubas in Lagos. An average Alaba businessman will send his ward to a private school. Yorubas just never admit their failings but always look for excuses. Those other decrepit schools in Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo and Ogun are also populated by half by non-Yoruba?

2 Likes

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by londoner: 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
FSU:

Lie

Average Igbos in Lagos are by far more well to do than average Yorubas in Lagos. An average Alaba businessman will send his ward to a private school. You guy just never admit your failings but always look for excuses. Those other decrepit schools in Osun, Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo and Ogun are also populated by half by non-Yoruba?

Be patient, oliver twist said that it is a fact that 50% or more of those kids are Igbo or non-Yoruba. Just wait, he/she will provide us with the facts to back up that statement.

Either oliver twist or the poster who liked his/her comment.
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by FSU: 9:44pm On Jun 23, 2013
londoner:

Be patient, oliver twist said that it is a fact that 50% or more of those kids are Igbo or non-Yoruba. Just wait, he/she will provide us with the facts to back up that statement.

Either oliver twist or the poster who liked his/her comment.

Hahaha! Ndewo, and apologies for not reading you well.
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by londoner: 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2013
FSU:

Hahaha! Ndewo, and apologies for not reading you well.

Cool....no worries.
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by tsomething: 10:48pm On Jun 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

Abeg don't be my follower o, last thing I need is another bitchass crybaby villager..

You are a total disgrace to your pay masters. So all this foaming from the mouth you have been practicing on other threads deceiving the public that you know Akwa Ibom in and out, you cant replicate the same noise and pictures here. If I ever see you use that Eko O .ni Baje logo anywhere, I will not only seize that ur phone I will hand u over to those boko haram dudes to drive a 3 inch nail into your eyes so we can be sure your blind to see development .

Take heart Bro, seems today was a bad day in the office ! Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by FSU: 10:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
londoner:

Cool....no worries.

Thanks. And my response has been fixed, appropriately.
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by EkoIle1: 11:06pm On Jun 23, 2013
t-something:

[s]
You are a total disgrace to your pay masters. So all this foaming from the mouth you have been practicing on other threads deceiving the public that you know Akwa Ibom in and out, you cant replicate the same noise and pictures here. If I ever see you use that Eko O .ni Baje logo anywhere, I will not only seize that ur phone I will hand u over to those boko haram dudes to drive a 3 inch nail into your eyes so we can be sure your blind to see development .

Take heart Bro, seems today was a bad day in the office ! Hahahaha [/s]

Ode...

1. Akpabio didn't build one single classroom

2. Your worthless leaders apart from Okorocha didn't build one single classroom or rehabilitate the dilapidated ones including achebe's school.

3. Fashola built more schools and classrooms than any governor in Nigeria.

Obviously, na your unproductive, lazy and incompetent leaders including you illiterate followers be the sad disgrace..

Dullards..
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by tsomething: 11:23pm On Jun 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ode...

2. Your worthless leaders apart from Okorocha didn't build one single classroom or rehabilitate the dilapidated ones including achebe's school.

Obviously, na your unproductive, lazy and incompetent leaders including you illiterate followers be the sad disgrace..

Dullards..

I would have loved to agree with you, but without pictures it makes it difficult to believe .

Please stop dripping saliva from the mouth like an slowpoke and upload pictures. With so many schools, having pictures wouldn't be difficult to get.

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by FSU: 11:27pm On Jun 23, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ode...

Dullards..

Lie! Okorocha has 300 schools in 2.5 years
Fasola has 20 in 6.5 years. Oya post pishure make we see.

1 Like

Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by EkoIle1: 11:32pm On Jun 23, 2013
FSU:

Lie! Okorocha has 300 schools in 2.5 years
Fasola has 20 in 6.5 years. Oya post pishure make we see.

I have posted in this thread Fashola's new schools, but you are yet to show us 1 single classroom your useless and incompetent governors built.

Post just 1 classroom or forever STFU..
Re: Fasola's First-class Schools In Lagos by Desola(f): 11:38pm On Jun 23, 2013
qhiwegh: Wow, I really hit a nerve here, so much hatred against my moderate comment.

It's not Yoruba vs non-Yoruba, but simply arithmatics: how can Lagos state have enough money to provide for the education of poor migrant children from every part of West Africa? Now if the FG gives Lagos SG money for the extra residents then it would be ok, but FG doesn't do that.

Even if Lagos does have enough money to provide great schools for every child, then there would be an even larger flood of people to Lagos. Entire villages would be empty. Then we'd have a bigger problem.

The Lagos Megacity Project seeks to repatriate the poor, unskilled village migrants, and retain only professionals and medium to large merchants. This way, Lagos won't be such a dump, and would rank among the premier cities of the world.

A city is only as great as its inhabitants, and a city of semi-illiterate villagers from the bush can never be great. It takes time for the rest of Nigeria to become civilised enough for Lagos.

Do you think it would illegal for a state such as Lagos to control it's own borders? I think something ought to be done urgently.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GEJ Pictures When Annoyed By BBC Interviewer / Pmb And His Somalia Speech: A Call For Deep Concern! / Breaking: Rivers Tribunal judge is Buhari's Inlaw - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.