Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Can The Supreme Court Of Nigeria Rule In Favour Of Same-sex Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can The Supreme Court Of Nigeria Rule In Favour Of Same-sex Marriage? (854 Views)

I Thought She Was A Friend,now She Wants Sex in return for a Favour. / Why Do Ladies Think That Having Sex Is A Favour To The Guy / Ask A Retired Womanizer Any Question On Love, Sex & Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can The Supreme Court Of Nigeria Rule In Favour Of Same-sex Marriage? by CATCHYBLOGGER: 2:39am On Jun 27, 2013
The US Supreme Court has struck down a law denying federal benefits to gay couples and cleared the way for same-sex marriage in California.The justices said that the Defense of Marriage Act, known as Doma, discriminated against same-sex couples.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/26/us-usa-court-gaymarriage-idUSBRE95P06W20130626

Opinion polls indicate that most Americans support same-sex marriage.
Recently, the Nigerian National Assembly passed a law stipulating 14 year jail term for same-sex marriage. If Nigerian gays approach the supreme court of Nigeria to void the law against gays, do you think the supreme court will bulge to their demand and legalize gay marriage in Nigeria-may be in terms of fundamental human rights?
Re: Can The Supreme Court Of Nigeria Rule In Favour Of Same-sex Marriage? by UyiIredia(m): 5:47am On Jun 27, 2013
First, I dislike the picture you posted. Two, your question is easily answered . . . No.
Re: Can The Supreme Court Of Nigeria Rule In Favour Of Same-sex Marriage? by kreamidiva(f): 7:30am On Jun 27, 2013
Them no fit try am.
Re: Can The Supreme Court Of Nigeria Rule In Favour Of Same-sex Marriage? by CATCHYBLOGGER: 8:01am On Jun 27, 2013
Uyi Iredia: First, I dislike the picture you posted. Two, your question is easily answered . . . No.

My dear friend, the picture is simply posing a question. Thanks anyway for your response.
In between, what are reasons for your answer?
Re: Can The Supreme Court Of Nigeria Rule In Favour Of Same-sex Marriage? by CATCHYBLOGGER: 8:09am On Jun 27, 2013
kreami diva: Them no fit try am.
On what ground? Religion, Fundamental human rights, culture etc. I really wonder what the supreme court justices of Nigeria would dish out as judgement should some stubborn Nigerian gays go to them for 'justice' as it happened this week in the USA.
Re: Can The Supreme Court Of Nigeria Rule In Favour Of Same-sex Marriage? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:48am On Jun 27, 2013
CATCHYBLOGGER:

My dear friend, the picture is simply posing a question. Thanks anyway for your response.
In between, what are reasons for your answer?
the US statute is in favour of gayism, the Nigerian's is not.

The supreme court rules on statutes. When a lower court passes a judgement according to by laws of a state, institution or organisation, or passes a judgment on an administrative law of an institution, the only way a person will be advised to file an appeal and hope for an overturn is IF the laws of the country can be quoted and proven to support so!

Statutes prevail over by laws.

I hope u are clear?
Re: Can The Supreme Court Of Nigeria Rule In Favour Of Same-sex Marriage? by CATCHYBLOGGER: 10:36am On Jun 27, 2013
SLIDE waxie: the US statute is in favour of gayism, the Nigerian's is not.

The supreme court rules on statutes. When a lower court passes a judgement according to by laws of a state, institution or organisation, or passes a judgment on an administrative law of an institution, the only way a person will be advised to file an appeal and hope for an overturn is IF the laws of the country can be quoted and proven to support so!

Statutes prevail over by laws.

I hope u are clear?

I'm aware that the supreme court of Nigeria has in few cases, abrogated controversial sections of our statutes. What if Nigerian gays seek 'justice' in the law court in terms of fundamental human rights enshrined in our statutes?

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Temptation / Peter Okoye Finally Engage Lola Omotayo / Happy Birthday To Me 23rd September 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.