Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,459 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal (104648 Views)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome / My Construction Journal 2 / From Paper To Brick: A Journal Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
Filling The Void

The Chateau is slowly growing in size. We have now completed the footprint of the main structure, and started sand filling with sand. Our foundation is filled with good load bearing soil that will not fail in the presence of ground or surface water.

While we sandfill, there are lot of jobs that can be done in parallel by other team members, so ultimately our schedule should not be adversely affected.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by segcymoor(m): 8:35pm On Jul 11, 2013
'Eku Ise o' ...it seem u are framing the Structure
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
Preventing crack and settlement problems in a building begins with the recognition that the soil a foundation rests on is part of the foundation system. Your filling sand is also a building material and each type of soil respond to building loads differently.

Choose wisely.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 12, 2013
Mr. Next receive POWER to proceed!
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
Sand Filling Continues...

The areas between the foundation walls were been filled with earth and then we'll fill with a layer of sand when we are ready to pour the concrete floor. Meanwhile, the steel re-enforcing structure that is to be embedded within the DPC is been prepared by the iron bender.

While we sand fill the foundation, the initial plumbing for the kitchen and bathroom is the next thing to worry about.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 5:03am On Jul 14, 2013
Sorry for the lack of updates in the past two days, we are still sand filling The Chateau. The sand from the septic tank wont complete the work so we have started excavating the swimming pool to get more sand.
In the meantime, surface treatment and compacting of the sand filled portion is ongoing while we prepare for the concrete pour on Tuesday.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by spyder880(m): 5:09am On Jul 14, 2013
This house is big!
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by MacLovington(m): 9:17am On Jul 14, 2013
spyder880: This house is big!

o lala gan
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by jam04(m): 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
spyder880: This house is big!

Spyder, big is an understatement.. The house is huge mehnn!!!
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by twinskenny(m): 8:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
God spee oga Brabus...
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:30pm On Jul 15, 2013
Update from last week

Foundation walls and footings dug last week were been filled in with sand (good load bearing soil). We are also compacting areas which are been filled manually. As at this evening, we are still filling the void, we still have a little more space to sand fill. What this mean to us is that we'd be shifting the casting date by one day (from Tuesday to Wednesday). In the meantime, a lot of materials for the casting are already been moved to site. Tomorrow, we will be starting the first fix mechanical works.

Pictures showing the sand filled foundation and the swimming pool been excavated.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:04pm On Jul 15, 2013
Materials for the plumbing works from Foundation to Roofing

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2013
Great Saving!

I got some savings and I'll share with you tomorrow. Every project has its ups and downs. If we are quick to mention how difficult it is to get materials uphill, how hard it is to get materials from nearby store, how mother-nature is talking its toll on us; I think its also fair to mention the good sides, how much savings we are getting from the project.

Today, I got about 27 planks from the trees that were felled in the past week. I forgot to take pictures of the planks which were sawn into sizes (1 x 12 and 2 x 12) by our Chainsaw Operator. Picture update tomorrow.

I just hope my client is not reading this.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:20pm On Jul 15, 2013
Fence Design - What do you think?

I'm commissioned to come up with a nice fence design that would suit this project, but honestly I'm unsure of what design it should be? Dwarf, High, Solid or See-through? The idea is to have a great looking fence that stops people in their tracks asking my client "Where did you get this design from?", and so that he can proudly hand them my card and say "It was designed and built by NextHome Builders"

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Here are some of my favourite at the moment.

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2013
Or

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
While we sand fill the house and await pouring of the ground floor slab, the iron benders are busy preparing the first floor (decking) slab reinforcement. To this end, we are not lagging behind or moving too slow rather we are working frantically to ensure that we deliver on schedule.

Projects are always dependent on one thing or the other and when you are bricked, fix the dependencies!
- NextHome Builders
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 9:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
Trenching of utilities and tubing of pipes for domestic water circuit, sewage, drainage, roof gutter sprout have been completed.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rebar bent, laid and poured for spiral staircase.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:27pm On Jul 16, 2013
Final Works Prior to Casting...

Boarding the horizontal sides of the foundation

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
And this

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
You remember this tree

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
It has been turned into this..

1 Like

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
And the septic tank is going deep down...

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
And we've dug the pool this far...

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by olubuffett: 11:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
Well done boss!
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by sandee575(f): 12:41am On Jul 17, 2013
The swimming pool is odd in that virgin forest.
Foreign matter will be a problem for maintenance.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by mufutau55(m): 1:51am On Jul 17, 2013
Good work, Oga Brabus. We are behind you.. God is able. smiley
That tree surely serve its purpose.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 5:54am On Jul 17, 2013
sandee575: The swimming pool is odd in that virgin forest.
Foreign matter will be a problem for maintenance.

Your point is well noted but I think that place won't remain a forest forever.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 6:12am On Jul 17, 2013
mufutau55: Good work, Oga Brabus. We are behind you.. God is able. smiley
That tree surely serve its purpose.

Hajji Mufutau

olubuffett: Well done boss!

Thank you sirs. Your words and support at all times inspire us to do more.
Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 6:32am On Jul 17, 2013
Another beauty in Ile-Oluji

Exploring the city while my project is growing. I found this interesting single-family dwelling.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by brabus(m): 8:15am On Jul 17, 2013
Yesterday, concrete was poured for the spiral staircase RC base and column. Formwork has been removed this morning and now here it is.

26 masons and labourers will be pouring the slab this morning. No more updates until later this evening. It's time to get busy.

Re: The Chateau In Ile-oluji: Our Construction Journal by jam04(m): 9:17am On Jul 17, 2013
brabus: Fence Design - What do you think?

I'm commissioned to come up with a nice fence design that would suit this project, but honestly I'm unsure of what design it should be? Dwarf, High, Solid or See-through? The idea is to have a great looking fence that stops people in their tracks asking my client "Where did you get this design from?", and so that he can proudly hand them my card and say "It was designed and built by NextHome Builders"

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Here are some of my favourite at the moment.

No2 is beautiful and eye catching

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (49) (Reply)

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos / Build a Standard 3Bedroom On A half Plot Of 324sqmetres at an Affordable Cost / Can I Build This Type Of House In Three Months?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.