Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,422 members, 7,819,519 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Only Undemocratic Govs Support Jang – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Undemocratic Govs Support Jang – Amaechi (445 Views)

Buhari's Restriction On AIT: Undemocratic, Unpresidential And Unacceptable / Aliyu Insists Amaechi Defeated Jang / 2011: S’east Govs Support Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Undemocratic Govs Support Jang – Amaechi by iykofias(m): 6:52am On Jun 27, 2013
EMBATTLED Chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum and Governor of Rivers State, Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi, yesterday, maintained that only undemocratic governors were supporting his rivalry and Governor of Plateau State, Jonah Jang.

Amaechi who spoke at a symposium on Review of the 1999 Constitution and its impact on the much needed judicial reforms, organized in Abuja by the Rule of Law Foundation, said he was surprised that even Governor Jang, who he said participated in the election that saw his re-emergence as the NGF chairman, turned around to thwart a process he said was impeccable and highly transparent.
He said: “NBA cannot afford to lose their voice. NBA has lost its voice. For NBA to see a free and fair election where 35 governors that govern 35 states and make decisions for hundreds of millions of people and for NBA to say ‘if you cannot organize yourselves dissolve. Then you have lost your voice.

“I want to say it and I want to be put on record, anyone who supports the Jang faction is undemocratic. We chose who should be the returning officer. We appointed our director general to be the returning officer for the election. And we voted. Everybody voted including Jang.

In fact, Jang was among the first persons to vote. And when I won, they were there. We were to commence voting for the chairmanship when my brother and colleague from Akwa Ibom got up and said there was a document I had where 19 governors had signed for us.
“Therefore anyone, NBA, or government that supports Jang’s faction is undemocratic.

“Let us put it on record that the way things are going, 2015 we should be careful it does not end in this manner where people we win democratic election and those in power will not accept the result of a free and fair election. My lords be prepared because we shall soon be coming to your court.

“We must defend democracy. We must defend  Nigeria because we don’t have any other country.

“My Lords we must be prepared. As you did in 2007. We must be prepared.

“We have started again with tyranny and oppression. We must be prepared as a people to defend our rights. We must be prepared as a people to hold government accountable.

“We must be prepared to demand for accountability

“We must resist a situation where public officers without statutory authority would call the Inspector General of Police to change commissioner of police, we must resist it.”http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/06/only-undemocratic-govs-support-jang-amaechi/

Re: Only Undemocratic Govs Support Jang – Amaechi by ccwizard: 7:45am On Jun 27, 2013
Yeah yeah yeah keep ranting. What did NBA do wen Nigerians rejected subsidy? Pls all Governors should go and focus on delivering the dividends of democracy to their people in their respected states and forget about the about this stupid association called NGF. Of what importance is it to Nigerians? Hw does it improve the life of the common man?
Re: Only Undemocratic Govs Support Jang – Amaechi by iykofias(m): 8:26am On Jun 27, 2013
ccwizard: Yeah yeah yeah keep ranting. What did NBA do wen Nigerians rejected subsidy? Pls all Governors should go and focus on delivering the dividends of democracy to their people in their respected states and forget about the about this stupid association called NGF. Of what importance is it to Nigerians? Hw does it improve the life of the common man?
was d issue of subsidy taken to d law court_y r u joinin two parallel lines together
Re: Only Undemocratic Govs Support Jang – Amaechi by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 27, 2013
I hope Amaechi has no record of electoral malpractices? If yes, then, he's undemocratic too...
Re: Only Undemocratic Govs Support Jang – Amaechi by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 27, 2013
emmysenior: I hope Amaechi has no record of electoral malpractices? If yes, then, he's undemocratic too...
Rivers people are peace loving people. else, there would had been serious crises in Rivers State, the way and manner Amaechi bulldozed his way to the so called victory in the election. I was a witness that a woman after casting her vote was pushed out of the polling booth, her ballot paper was torn to shreds simply because she voted another candidate.

Besides, the fact that Amaechi led his NGF to oppose the state of emergency as declared by the President, is enough to tell me what the agenda is. Anything that will stop Amaechi and his gang of touts is democratic!

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Procures Six Intensive Care Ambulances, Fire-fighting Trucks / Nigeria: 92 Percent Of Nigerians Supports Ban On Same Sex Marriage / Same Sex Bill: Gay Group Attacks Nigerian Website.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.