Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant (30214 Views)

Ojb's Kidney Reportedly Collapses Again / M.I Explains Why Some Artist Didn’t Donate Cash During Ojb’s Kidney Ailment / 2face Didnt Donate N1.5M For OJB's Kidney Transplant - Nomoreloss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Blackteeth(m): 12:59pm On Jun 28, 2013
But how come OJB himself can't afford N15million? Is he not a wealthy celebrity too? Besides, is that N15million the entire cost or just the part that OJB can't afford? How much has OJB payed for? or is he shifting the entire cost to other Celebs?

1 Like

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by TableLeg(m): 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
Komedy: I hope she has donated if not this her talk is of no use

She doesn't have to donate ... it is not by force, and come here, how much have you donated?
Poverty stricken bastard!

TOPIC

Juliet Ibrahim, your crap is unnecessary
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by everyday: 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
She is right.There is no time.Let them try to find the best deal and get this transplant done

1 Like

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Okijajuju1(m): 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
I have to admit that I was shocked at the cost of Kidney..

Last time I was in the Market;

Cow Kidney was under 5000 Naira... angry Or was it subsidized that time?!

Anyways... Below is the price of Kidney in the U.S..

I will find the price of Indian Kidney, Ghanaian Kidney and maybe Burkina Faso Kidney..

100 Thousand Dollars.. That na like 1 Range Rover and Tokunbo G-Wagon Money na..

2 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by loswhite(m): 1:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
Nuzo':
Juliet Ibrahim made very valid points.

Yes, $100k maybe to much for a standard kidney transplant in India. Remember, she owns a foundation that centers on kidney related illness.

And less we forget, how much did Ngozi Nwosu use in doing both kidney and liver transplant?

Nomoreloss and co lost it on this one. They should have listed in details what they inteded using the $100k for. Was it for the transplant and a year of medication?

It actually sad that it took a far away Ghanian to remind us of how to be detailed and transparent.
This is the same behaviour our leaders exhibit in this country.

And for the records, I've never seen Ms Ibrahim's movies and I don't wish to see cos I know it will be wack...thereby I'm not her fan.
dumb

3 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
If she were to be in his shoes she will av no questions abt d money. IS DIS A WIFE MATERIAL? I PRAY FOR THE FUTURE HUSBAND OF DIS WOMAN ID.IOT
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by tpapi: 1:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
Dis lady has embarassed nigerians,she is indirectly calling nigerians fraudster,I don't blame her,I blame d music industries which has refused to help their own
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Youngtekkey(m): 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
ebera: So sorry 2 say dis,bt she has a point and a very solid one @ dt.OJB,wia is all his money?after all is he nt a celebrity too.does it mean he has been squandering his money on drinks n women,now he wnts other people who invested wisefully 2 help him.well since it's a matter of life n death,they ave 2 help him,bt nt under compulsion.it's dia money fellas.and she's right,ur N1000 can mek a difference.
i think that u are a learner guy this guy worked when artiste are paid 200k for a show and he is even a producer and aside from that he has spent 5million himself before the thing na become worst abeg find the root of everything and establish truth before writing rubbish here if not for this guy i don't think 2face will be popular as he is today if not for him i think wizkid will be an underground musician this is someone who took joy in helping people without collecting a dime abeg better people save ojb
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by bknight: 1:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
Still, if ur fans urge you and more, demand of u to show for their being behind u, u should give back. If not to the society at large, to the industry at least.

Rather, celebrities should be happy at the attitudes of fan. Cos if this happened to any of them, same fans would hv done same.

And more importantly, the fans' outburst on social media will put these fake artists we don't want celebrities who at best, only make mouth, no action. Probably curb talking &showing off what u don't own and can't own.
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by 3kay945(m): 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
Dygeasy: You Know, As Far As I'm Concerned, Any Celebrity That Drops Money Now For OJB's Treatment is Doing So Out Of Unwilling Compulsion People Have Put On Them Through All These Jokes/Posts/Comments About The Celebs Having Money, Buying Cars And Buying Wines.

First Of All, What So Many Of Us Don't Understand Is Most Of These Celebrities Live Fake Lives. All The Cars, Alchohol And All Are Not As Real As They Seem. Or How Else Do We Explain The OJB Guy Needing #15million Naira For A Surgery? Isn't He A Celebrity Too? He Has Had His Own Share Of Being In The Spotlight Too. So There's No Excuse For Not Having #15million Naira As A Celebrity As They're Tagged.

I'm Not Saying He Shouldn't Be Helped By Whomever Has The Might To Help Him But Nigerians Should Take It Easy On Other Celebrities. Enough Of The Lame Criticizing Jokes.

There Are Other Rich People Who Can Be Of Help. Doesn't Have To Be The So-Acclaimed 'Rich' Celebrities.

Don't Be Surprised When Wizkid Needs #20million For A Testicle Transplant And Skales Is Out Asking People To Donate Money. I Wish Him Quick Recovery Tho And I Pray He Gets Help Real Soon. My Heart Reaches Out To Him.

I Stand To Be Yabbed And Persecuted.
Don't worry, I will shield you against internal and external aggression.
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by solomon111(m): 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
What business does she have with OBJ anyway?
Is anybody pressuring her donate?
Btw,who the hell is juliet ibrahim?
This's the first time i am hearing that name.
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by beloved23: 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
Are u sure this is the right time to say such?

Nuzo':
Juliet Ibrahim made very valid points.

Yes, $100k maybe to much for a standard kidney transplant in India. Remember, she owns a foundation that centers on kidney related illness.

And less we forget, how much did Ngozi Nwosu use in doing both kidney and liver transplant?

Nomoreloss and co lost it on this one. They should have listed in details what they inteded using the $100k for. Was it for the transplant and a year of medication?

It actually sad that it took a far away Ghanian to remind us of how to be detailed and transparent.
This is the same behaviour our leaders exhibit in this country.

And for the records, I've never seen Ms Ibrahim's movies and I don't wish to see cos I know it will be wack...thereby I'm not her fan.
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
Why are ppls insulting her?all she did was to make a valid point.even though I don't totally agree with all she said.y'all could still disagree without the insult.nawa o
The other time,she was at war with Kim Kardashan for being paid too much to grace an occasion in Nigeria. Kim is someone she is not even fit to untie her shoe.
Even the one saying she's not fit to untie Kim's shoe lace I hope you're ashamed of yourself.cos if she's not fit to do that then maybe you're not even fit to be a dog in Kim's yard.some ppl and low self esteem.I don't know why we can't disagree like mature ppl without bashing someone who doesn't even know of your existence.all these insults her are unnecessary pls.
And for those saying she hasn't donated,don't be too sure cos not everyone makes their charity public.not everyone is seeking praise.
If I were OJB,and I can get this thing done for $50k,I'd go for it.life first.other things will follow.he has talent.he can still make more money once he's well again.

1 Like

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by solomon111(m): 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2013
What is she trying to insinuate?
Is anybody pressuring her donate?
Btw,who the hell is juliet ibrahim?
This's the first time i am hearing that name.
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by fatstan1: 1:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
Oo our N1000 can go a long way?
We buy your CDs, pay for your concerts and vote your lazy opportunistic asses(in some cases) to stardom and you expect us to still foot your medical bills when you fall sick? Shey na because of una we come this world, well na nna fans a pity for.
By the way the black blond has a point, why go expensive if you cant afford it? I thought ojb was a judge on peak show, can't they go solicite for funds there, instead of this online show of shame
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 28, 2013
Definitely SOME valid points but it's all about timing and platform sad
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
dBard:

before u start mouthing off n insulting unnecessarily, y not take a time out t think n analyse witout sentiments.
She owns a kidney dx related foundation n therefore is in d know. 2ndly, d cost of a treatmnt includes both d estmated hospital stay, drugs, procedures n unvestigations etc. 3rdly dre r cases of oda celebs/ ppl dat ve undergone same, did they pay d same? y isnt d donations bin handled by a credible irganisation?
For those talking abt its 2 kidneys, from wat I know they dont transplant d 2 kidneys at once. the risks r just too much.
If I were she sha, I would ve kept my opinuon t myself cos of all dis unnecessary backlash. y wear red n walk thru a field of bulls??

y den did u not keep ur own opinion,u are even supporting the myopic statement.

1 Like

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by solomon111(m): 1:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
lorretta u: Why are ppls insulting her?all she did was to make a valid point.even though I don't totally agree with all she said.y'all could still disagree without the insult.nawa o
Even the one saying she's not fit to untie Kim's shoe lace I hope you're ashamed of yourself.cos if she's not fit to do that then maybe you're not even fit to be a dog in Kim's yard.some ppl and low self esteem.I don't know why we can't disagree like mature ppl without bashing someone who doesn't even know of your existence.all these insults her are unnecessary pls.
And for those saying she hasn't donated,don't be too sure cos not everyone makes their charity public.not everyone is seeking praise.
If I were OJB,and I can get this thing done for $50k,I'd go for it.life first.other things will follow.he has talent.he can still make more money once he's well again.
what valid point is she talking about and why on instagram?
Why can't she contact OJB privately?
Is she trying to discourage people from donating?
Was she being forced to donate?
You and the so-called juliet ibrahim are cretinns.

1 Like

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
murimoney: If she were to be in his shoes she will av no questions abt d money. IS DIS A WIFE MATERIAL? I PRAY FOR THE FUTURE HUSBAND OF DIS WOMAN ID.IOT
you're not even table-cloth material talk more husband material.why are u insulting someone u don't know?and why does this have to come right back to husband and wife issue?she's not wife material but if u see her now,u'll fall at her feet begging for attention.talk abt the issue at hand.leave marriage out of it.village man.
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
lorretta u: Why are ppls insulting her?all she did was to make a valid point.even though I don't totally agree with all she said.y'all could still disagree without the insult.nawa o

Do d transplant for 50k then die from the after-transplant complications if any occurs?

Am sorry my dear,u can't be Ojb.
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Tinkybabe(f): 1:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
All she said wasn't necessary. At least not now...I guess she's trying to gain fans undecided..epic fail!
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
solomon111: what valid point is she talking about and why on instagram?
Why can't she contact OJB privately?
Is she trying to discourage people from donating?
Was she being forced to donate?
You and the so-called juliet ibrahim are cretinns.
her point being that she owns a kidney foundation so might know more than the ordinary layman.now why I said I don't agree with her is that there might be a few other expenses apart from the transplant proper.she made a good point which I don't agree with.it's simple and precise.what's with the childish insults and nonsense bashing abt her career,future marriage bla bla bla.when are we going to learn to be constructive in our arguements?
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by eriegua83: 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
We hear ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥Ơ̴̴̴͡F⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥ KANU heart foundation nd see people dat ve benefited frm į̸̸̨ƭ , what has her kidney foundation done? who ve benefited frm į̸̸̨ƭ ? Nonsense. Let her talk less nd act more, she ɪ̣̝̇ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇ even one ⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥Ơ̴̴̴͡F⌣̊┈̥-̶̯͡»̶̥ †̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ worst actress in †̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ industry. Mtchew.
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by 2010a: 1:29pm On Jun 28, 2013
Nigerians get the leaders they deserve.
Everyday we insult our leaders who go abroad for medical care

But when our celebrities succumb to ailments that can be handled in nigeria, we bully other celebrities to donate money so that they can be flown abroad.

Do you think public officials are fools?

N16 mil is way too expensive for a kidney transplant even if its for transplant plus one year of medications and tests, it is more than 3X more expensive than it should be.

Ojb can have a kidney transplant for 5 mil @ St Nicholas, 4 mil @ OAUTHC, 3 mil @ UITH,
There are other private hospitals in abuja where the costs less than one quarter of 16 mil for a kidney transplant

Many of us won't think rationally about what Juliet Ibrahim, of course they will only insult her.
Nigerians . . . SMH

4 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by bobthebuilder99(m): 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2013

Dis one...
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by solomon111(m): 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2013
lorretta u: her point being that she owns a kidney foundation so might know more than the ordinary layman.now why I said I don't agree with her is that there might be a few other expenses apart from the transplant proper.she made a good point which I don't agree with.it's simple and precise.what's with the childish insults and nonsense bashing abt her career,future marriage bla bla bla.when are we going to learn to be constructive in our arguements?
she deserved to be bashed for lacking common sense.
Oh,she is even married.
Smh.
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by londoner: 1:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
Ok, so how much is the flight to and from India?

How much is the pre transplant evaluation in India including x rays and ultrasounds?

How much will it be to take care of the donor, which if in India must be a donor family member, as it is illegal to buy a kidney.

How much is the cost of the transplant?

How much are the anti rejection drugs and after transplant care/observations?

Is the guy and donor expected to have a hospital bed for free, or will he require days in hospital both before and after treatment?

Will he be working and paying bills the day after the transplant or will they be expected to ask people to donate for that separately after a transplant?

Does this include the cost of a separate transplant, if the body rejects the first one ?

She is talking about the transplant as if its a 24hr process along with aftercare and drugs?

Is she also considering that if you ask for 100k it is likely that the actual amount you receive will be much less?

If she has a foundation, she should be offering to help at the "$50k" price rather that not doing the usual "Nigerians are criminals" rant........this is not the effing time for it.

3 Likes

Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by cumpaddre(m): 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
fat stan: Oo our N1000 can go a long way?
We buy your CDs, pay for your concerts and vote your lazy opportunistic asses(in some cases) to stardom and you expect us to still foot your medical bills when you fall sick? Shey na because of una we come this world, well na nna fans a pity for.
By the way the black blond has a point, why go expensive if you cant afford it? I thought ojb was a judge on peak show, can't they go solicite for funds there, instead of this online show of shame
You! My son, will live forever!!!
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Policewoman(f): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
Has she donated? If not then she should SHUT THE Bleep UP!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by solomon111(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
londoner: Ok, so how much is the flight to and from India?

How much is the pre transplant evaluation in India including x rays and ultrasounds?

How much will it be to take care of the donor, which if in India must be a donor family member, as it is illegal to buy a kidney.

How much is the cost of the transplant?

How much are the anti rejection drugs and after transplant care/observations?

Is the guy and donor expected to have a hospital bed for free, or will he require days in hospital both before and after treatment?

Will he be working and paying bills the day after the transplant or will they be expected to ask people to donate for that separately after a transplant?

Does this include the cost of a separate transplant, if the body rejects the first one ?

She is talking about the transplant as if its a 24hr process along with aftercare and drugs?

Is she also considering that if you ask for 100k it is likely that the actual amount you receive will be much less?

If she has a foundation, she should be offering to help at the "$50k" price rather that not doing the usual "Nigerians are criminals" rant........this is not the effing time for it.

Thank you.
You deserve to be the celebrity and not that dumb juliet ibrahim or whatever she calls herself.
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Flygerian1(m): 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
ebera: So sorry 2 say dis,bt she has a point and a very solid one @ dt.OJB,wia is all his money?after all is he nt a celebrity too.does it mean he has been squandering his money on drinks n women,now he wnts other people who invested wisefully 2 help him.well since it's a matter of life n death,they ave 2 help him,bt nt under compulsion.it's dia money fellas.and she's right,ur N1000 can mek a difference.
No pun intended but if to say u dey near me dey yan trash lyk dis ehn...? well, i reserve my comment.
Re: Juliet Ibrahim Questions Cost Of Ojb’s Kidney Transplant by Policewoman(f): 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2013
Okija_juju: I have to admit that I was shocked at the cost of Kidney..

Last time I was in the Market;

Cow Kidney was under 5000 Naira... angry Or was it subsidized that time?!

Anyways... Below is the price of Kidney in the U.S..

I will find the price of Indian Kidney, Ghanaian Kidney and maybe Burkina Faso Kidney..

100 Thousand Dollars.. That na like 1 Range Rover and Tokunbo G-Wagon Money na..
From your analysis, kidney transplant in the U.S costs $262,000. I guess then that it should be half the price or so in India. Just guessing sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Davido Celebrates 5 Million Twitter Followers As He Overtakes Wizkid / Mercy Johnson Weeps As Family, Friends Surprise Her On Her 37th Birthday Party / Bisi Komolafe's Family Accuses Fiance Of Killing Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.