Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. (17378 Views)

24 Sins Committed By Jonathan, Wike And PDP - APC / The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks / Indonesia Executed Convicts Sang 'amazing Grace' Hymn As They Face Firing Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by homesteady(m): 1:00am On Jun 28, 2013
From SilverBird benin news - Some human right activists visited the Edo State Attorney General and
Commissioner for justice, Henry
Idahagbon, to show their displeasure on the execution that took place in the state on monday.
The attorney general told them the crime commited by 2 of the executed convict;

One was a roadside vulcanizer in benin. He had a child out of wedlock. The mother of his 4 months old baby came to his house with her baby on one blessed day,then he gave her money to go and buy some things from the market,she left without the baby! So taking advantage of the absence of his baby's mother,he gave the baby ACID to drink! And he died!

Another one was arrested for murder also - he butchered his fellow man into pieces!! He claimed that he went hunting in the bush and saw an antelope,and he shot it, and while he was cutting the "antelope", it turned to a human being!! And he kept on cutting the human being! And investigations showed that the butchered man was not shot, but was severely cut with sharp objects!

The third one was yet to be executed because he is meant to die by firing squad,his crime was not stated!
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by homesteady(m): 1:06am On Jun 28, 2013
My source is SilverBird Benin news @5:30 pm
Sorry I don't have any link to the news

2 Likes

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by frederal(m): 1:42am On Jun 28, 2013
Damn, people can be heartless. The two crimes are horrible, superlatively barbaric and inhuman. What eludes their conscience before doing such. Only God can truly judge them.

1 Like

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 28, 2013
he gave the baby ACID to drink! And he died!

angry

The judge should have ordered that the murderer be given acid to drink too.Despite the inhumane attitude of murderers,some folks who ought to be shot as well will canvass against the principle of eye for eye.

Nonsense !

1 Like

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Nobody: 2:41am On Jun 28, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by homesteady(m): 7:21am On Jun 28, 2013
~Bluetooth:

angry

The judge should have ordered that the murderer be given acid to drink too.Despite the inhumane attitude of murderers,some folks who ought to be shot as well will canvass against the principle of eye for eye.

Nonsense !

Exactly!! Death by hanging is not worth the crime he commited!! Drinking the acid would have been better!

2 Likes

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by pappilo(m): 7:40am On Jun 28, 2013
Was it proven that he gave the child acid to drink? A vulcaniser may have had a "acid" at home as a tool of his trade. Couldnt a child have drank the "acid" accidentally? I as out one day and got a call from the missus that my 3 year old son had been found in the toilet with bleach all over him. If he had drank this bleach, should my missus have been charged with attempted murder?

Everyone in Ibadan knows Senator Folarin ordered the killing of Eleweomo but today he is a free man and no one has been convicted of the murder despite there been several witnesses.

I am not against capital punishment and have no problem with the second suspect who was caught in the act and presented ludicrous defence, being sentenced to death. Just let the man know his date of execution well in advance and let him exhaust all appeals.

7 Likes

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by homesteady(m): 7:56am On Jun 28, 2013
pappilo: Was it proven that he gave the child acid to drink? A vulcaniser may have had a "acid" at home as a tool of his trade. Couldnt a child have drank the "acid" accidentally? I as out one day and got a call from the missus that my 3 year old son had been found in the toilet with bleach all over him. If he had drank this bleach, should my missus have been charged with attempted murder?

Everyone in Ibadan knows Senator Folarin ordered the killing of Eleweomo but today he is a free man and no one has been convicted of the murder despite there been several witnesses.

I am not against capital punishment and have no problem with the second suspect who was caught in the act and presented ludicrous defence, being sentenced to death. Just let the man know his date of execution well in advance and let him exhaust all appeals.

The baby was 4 months old!! I don't think the baby would be able to even lift a bottle of acid and babies that are 4 months have not started crawling! So there is no how the baby will drink that acid by himself

28 Likes

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 28, 2013
The human right man was just seeking for cheap publicity.

2 Likes

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 28, 2013
pappilo: Was it proven that he gave the child acid to drink? A vulcaniser may have had a "acid" at home as a tool of his trade. Couldnt a child have drank the "acid" accidentally? I as out one day and got a call from the missus that my 3 year old son had been found in the toilet with bleach all over him. If he had drank this bleach, should my missus have been charged with attempted murder?

I didn't know that they now make use of Acid to inflate tyres, or has Acid now replaced Jack n Spanners..

Then bleach can be nutritious you know, I was told that hypo expecially is what Ibadan gurls take in oda to get over a failed relationship grin.

My Sauce: Maggi and dry pepper .. Indomie sauce add flavor also

4 Likes

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by brixton: 8:23am On Jun 28, 2013
Good riddance to wicked people. World will be better without them
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by WIZGUY69(m): 9:16am On Jun 28, 2013
cut human being into pieces? Y executing them by hanging sef? Dey should do dem wat dey did on to odas!! Wickedness....
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by IYANGBALI: 9:16am On Jun 28, 2013
emmysenior: The human right man was just seeking for cheap publicity.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Orikinla(m): 9:18am On Jun 28, 2013
[size=18pt]If we don't get rid of evil people, evil people will continue to get rid of many of us.

The world will be a better, happier and safer place without evil people.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by 1shortblackboy: 9:19am On Jun 28, 2013
Ijogz K: I didn't know that they now make use of Acid to inflate tyres, or has Acid now replaced Jack n Spanners..

Then bleach can be nutritious you know, I was told that hypo expecially is what Ibadan gurls take in oda to get over a failed relationship grin.

My Sauce: Maggi and dry pepper .. Indomie sauce add flavor also
now na morning o ha! grin grin grin
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by searay(m): 9:20am On Jun 28, 2013
~Bluetooth:

angry

Nonsense !
Because, the WICKED shall die by the hands of the WICKED in the day of the WICKED.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by frodobee: 9:21am On Jun 28, 2013
In as much as their are no laws against capital punishement, those guys should be dealt by what laws we have.
Secondly, that brings to fore the need to have a vibrant and proactive legislative house- a house that thinks out of the box- not a tag along house. Thank you.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Ezedon(m): 9:22am On Jun 28, 2013
where can we run to, in order to be free in this country
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by chreldb(m): 9:22am On Jun 28, 2013

. He was intact innocent until proven guilty. For him to have been sentenced it means he was given a fair trial in a court of law and was found guilty beyond reasonable doubt. So yes he was guilty of feeding the baby acid.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 28, 2013
the second convict was undoubtedly mentally deranged.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Ekpekus(m): 9:25am On Jun 28, 2013
Lord have mercy! But just imagine if this same capital punishment is extended to cover political officers that loot the tresury (just thinking aloud). But are they the only ones? That means more capital punishment on the way!
God save Nigeria
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by chidiebere2020(m): 9:26am On Jun 28, 2013
We should not forget that no matter hw wicked it may sound no body has the right to take another man's life, although the wickedness of mankind is getting worse everyday.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by nekaa(f): 9:26am On Jun 28, 2013
They got what they deserved
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by egift(m): 9:29am On Jun 28, 2013
Some people their hearts are very wicked. But how about those siphoning billions and trillions that could have save many lives?
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Edoboy1(m): 9:30am On Jun 28, 2013

. Read from line to line before making comments. How is four months similar to your four year old? Mtcheeeeeeeew....

2 Likes

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Nobody: 9:34am On Jun 28, 2013
chidiebere2020: We should not forget that no matter hw wicked it may sound no body has the right to take another man's life, although the wickedness of mankind is getting worse everyday.
If it was your brother that was butchered that way, are you gonna be saying dis statement?

Even David in d bible killed a lot of people who were against him or his kingdom yet he's a man after God heart

2 Likes

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 28, 2013
i bin dey criticise una before. but now that i know the truth, they should have fried them alive in bubbling oil or they should have handed them over to ALUU community for execution
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 28, 2013
Ijogz K: If it was your brother that was butchered that way, are you gonna be saying dis statement?

Even David in d bible killed a lot of people
you're a mo*ron.....go home to mommy!
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by ALTRUTH(m): 9:41am On Jun 28, 2013
[quote
author=~Bluetooth]

angry

The judge should have ordered that the murderer be given acid to drink
too.Despite the inhumane attitude of murderers,some folks who ought to
be shot as well will canvass against the principle of eye for eye.

Nonsense ![/quote]

Bros u sabi somethng. Ppl like dis shld b executed, human rights goats can go to hell.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by 4djustnation: 9:43am On Jun 28, 2013
[quote author=pappilo]Was it proven that he gave the child acid to drink? A vulcaniser may have had a "acid" at home as a tool of his trade. Couldnt a child have drank the "acid" accidentally? I as out one day and got a call from the missus that my 3 year old son had been found in the toilet with bleach all over him. If he had drank this bleach, should my missus have been charged with attempted murder?

Note that the man confessed that he did it because according to him they are not allowed to have their first son or daughter out of wedlock. imagine.....

1 Like

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by alexy147(m): 10:13am On Jun 28, 2013
The governor carried out executive right of signing there death warant.. From the stories,the monsters are not worthy to live with humans..
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by pappilo(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2013
If the man confessed then I havent got a problem with him being sentenced to death as long as his confession was not under duress.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Yorubas Are Inferior Muslims According To My Northern Friend / Nigeria: Minimum Wage, Only President Buhari Can Stop Planned Strike "Labour" / LASG Debunks Rumour That Hospital Did Not Attend To Pilot Of Crashed Helicopter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.