Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. (17383 Views)

24 Sins Committed By Jonathan, Wike And PDP - APC / The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks / Indonesia Executed Convicts Sang 'amazing Grace' Hymn As They Face Firing Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by amanda2013(f): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2013
man's inhumanity to man. Ds guys are nt more barbaric than our politicians that syphon billions and trillions of naira that belong to old folks who hv retired and supposed to be enjoying their retirement benefits.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by babestell(f): 10:20am On Jun 28, 2013
Can you imagine the pain that poor baby went through!! why would someone give baby acid to drink!
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 28, 2013
Still waiting for justice for the aluu4! God I knw u r not asleep

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by ssii: 10:23am On Jun 28, 2013
pappilo: Was it proven that he gave the child acid to drink? A vulcaniser may have had a "acid" at home as a tool of his trade. Couldnt a child have drank the "acid" accidentally? I as out one day and got a call from the missus that my 3 year old son had been found in the toilet with bleach all over him. If he had drank this bleach, should my missus have been charged with attempted murder?

Everyone in Ibadan knows Senator Folarin ordered the killing of Eleweomo but today he is a free man and no one has been convicted of the murder despite there been several witnesses.

I am not against capital punishment and have no problem with the second suspect who was caught in the act and presented ludicrous defence, being sentenced to death. Just let the man know his date of execution well in advance and let him exhaust all appeals.
A 4month old can not help himself with water.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by takeprofit: 10:30am On Jun 28, 2013
homesteady: From SilverBird benin news - Some human right activists visited the Edo State Attorney General and
Commissioner for justice, Henry
Idahagbon, to show their displeasure on the execution that took place in the state on monday.
The attorney general told them the crime commited by 2 of the executed convict;

One was a roadside vulcanizer in benin. He had a child out of wedlock. The mother of his 4 months old baby came to his house with her baby on one blessed day,then he gave her money to go and buy some things from the market,she left without the baby! So taking advantage of the absence of his baby's mother,he gave the baby ACID to drink! And he died!

Another one was arrested for murder also - he butchered his fellow man into pieces!! He claimed that he went hunting in the bush and saw an antelope,and he shot it, and while he was cutting the "antelope", it turned to a human being!! And he kept on cutting the human being! And investigations showed that the butchered man was not shot, but was severely cut with sharp objects!

The third one was yet to be executed because he is meant to die by firing squad,his crime was not stated!

No matter what crime they committed, capital punishment is not the best option. it should be converted to a life jail term, and the convicts should be given employment in the prison and let them work for the state as long as they live. Neither the Judge that gave the judgement, nor the Governor that signed it, nor the Executioner that executed it has the right to take any human life. They are all guilty in their own aspects.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by andyanders: 10:33am On Jun 28, 2013
pappilo: Was it proven that he gave the child acid to drink? A vulcaniser may have had a "acid" at home as a tool of his trade. Couldnt a child have drank the "acid" accidentally? I as out one day and got a call from the missus that my 3 year old son had been found in the toilet with bleach all over him. If he had drank this bleach, should my missus have been charged with attempted murder?

Everyone in Ibadan knows Senator Folarin ordered the killing of Eleweomo but today he is a free man and no one has been convicted of the murder despite there been several witnesses.

I am not against capital punishment and have no problem with the second suspect who was caught in the act and presented ludicrous defence, being sentenced to death. Just let the man know his date of execution well in advance and let him exhaust all appeals.

I think your brain has eluded you. You still want to defend a man who knowingly gave an innocent child an acid to drink? I think one day, you will be given acid knowingly or unknowingly so that you know how it tastes. Nonsense
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by gentlegg(m): 10:41am On Jun 28, 2013
I was against their execution before, but honestly now that i read their crimes, i can tell you that those 2 monsters are not suppose to continue living with humans.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by symbianDON(m): 10:46am On Jun 28, 2013
kai! Some ppl na prof for lying sha.......'i was hunting and shot at an antelope but while i was cutting it up it turned to a human being!!' grin even devil go trip for this man
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by homesteady(m): 10:49am On Jun 28, 2013
babestell: Can you imagine the pain that poor baby went through!! why would someone give baby acid to drink!

Seriously!! I never thought of this!! That man is so wicked!! ACID!! 4Months old baby!! Ah!! I feel like crying for the baby!!
Imagine the acid going through his tender throat! Passing through his oesophagus, then his stomach!! Ahh!! *runs away!
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by tareigns(m): 11:01am On Jun 28, 2013
Dat 2nd man story wan tear my bele wit laf. Shey wen u kill antelope 4 forest na there u go butcher am? Antelope kor,antelope ni.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by dljbd1(m): 11:02am On Jun 28, 2013
homesteady: From SilverBird benin news - Some human right activists visited the Edo State Attorney General and
Commissioner for justice, Henry
Idahagbon, to show their displeasure on the execution that took place in the state on monday.
The attorney general told them the crime commited by 2 of the executed convict;

One was a roadside vulcanizer in benin. He had a child out of wedlock. The mother of his 4 months old baby came to his house with her baby on one blessed day,then he gave her money to go and buy some things from the market,she left without the baby! So taking advantage of the absence of his baby's mother,he gave the baby ACID to drink! And he died!

Another one was arrested for murder also - he butchered his fellow man into pieces!! He claimed that he went hunting in the bush and saw an antelope,and he shot it, and while he was cutting the "antelope", it turned to a human being!! And he kept on cutting the human being! And investigations showed that the butchered man was not shot, but was severely cut with sharp objects!

The third one was yet to be executed because he is meant to die by firing squad,his crime was not stated!
IMAGINE!
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by HezronLorraine(m): 11:12am On Jun 28, 2013
Let's not jump to conclusion.truely humans are capable of wickedness at the same time full of compassion.we need ask what could have prompted the man to deliberately give his child acid to drink.
Where's the forensic to prove the man's guilt,evidence of autopsy carried out on the dead should be presented in court except if it is hearsay judgement the nigerian judiciary passes.
I stand against capital punishment no matter the gravity of the crime.
Sentencing an accused to death doesn't change the crime done or bring back the dead.killing them doesn't explain to the accused the need to suffer the consequences of their actions.
No body should hold the key of death to anyone's life by law.
The standards for death penalty can never be set right.the likes of heartless killers like BH and Alqaeda deserve death immediately when sighted.
Balance of justice cannot be compromised.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by nokingasgod: 11:18am On Jun 28, 2013

No Sir, acid is no part of a vulcanizer's tool kit and a vulcanizer has no business stocking acid at home unless he has ungodly intentions. The case must have been proved beyond reasonable doubt that he did fed the baby the acid with the motive of killing or harming the baby. THey may have even extracted a confession from the convict. Judges/law don't deal with hearsay, especially as it involves capital punishment, the judge must have been convinced he committed the crime.

THis case cannot be likened to your experience. What happened to you is merely domestic accident. If your missus attempted to feed the baby with bleach, the content found in the baby's system will be greater than what the baby may have gulped mistakenly.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Man51ut(m): 11:52am On Jun 28, 2013
In a system full of Injustice like ours, there is no way the death penalty should be allowed.

Not surprised the sheep in here are against human rights groups though. These are the people who can sell their rights for 50 Naira so why am I even getting irritated.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by ConcernMan: 12:03pm On Jun 28, 2013
I am still waiting on the day the Aluu 4 wicked killer will get this justice.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by ojuu4u(m): 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2013
the last convict went to rob a family, he raped the wife and inserted a bottle inside her virgina and died as a result of that
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by UyiIredia(m): 12:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
~Bluetooth:

angry

The judge should have ordered that the murderer be given acid to drink too.Despite the inhumane attitude of murderers,some folks who ought to be shot as well will canvass against the principle of eye for eye.

Nonsense !

When 'an eye for an eye principle' is at the heart of your problems don't cry. Neither should you vex, or beg for mercy, just accept your problems as your fault.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Nichobabe(m): 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2013
nokingasgod:

No Sir, acid is no part of a vulcanizer's tool kit and a vulcanizer has no business stocking acid at home unless he has ungodly intentions. The case must have been proved beyond reasonable doubt that he did fed the baby the acid with the motive of killing or harming the baby. THey may have even extracted a confession from the convict. Judges/law don't deal with hearsay, especially as it involves capital punishment, the judge must have been convinced he committed the crime.

THis case cannot be likened to your experience. What happened to you is merely domestic accident. If your missus attempted to feed the baby with bleach, the content found in the baby's system will be greater than what the baby may have gulped mistakenly.

My Brother don't mind him. I wonder how he will feel now knowing how foolish his comments are and how low his IQ is.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by EMERITUS1(m): 12:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
but what of others i know some innocent people that have been framed up and sentenced to death
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by billyG(m): 12:25pm On Jun 28, 2013
He who live by d Sword! die by d sword!!those escapee frm d pit of hell shld nver be allowed to roam among us.they are bad creation bond 4 hell! angry angry angry angry
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by jidewin(m): 1:07pm On Jun 28, 2013
If indeed the crimes are proven true,especially the one that murdered a baby...I got no problem...send him to Hell fast.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by papaejima1: 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2013

Your brain dey shake abi na ur eye?
Didn't you read where it says 4 months old baby?
Did ur own baby carry bleach at 4 months old?
You just want to comment make e look like say u say somthing intelligent abi?

Abeg no make people vex for here oo.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Policewoman(f): 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
homesteady:

One was a roadside vulcanizer in benin. He had a child out of wedlock. The mother of his 4 months old baby came to his house with her baby on one blessed day,then he gave her money to go and buy some things from the market,she left without the baby! So taking advantage of the absence of his baby's mother,he gave the baby ACID to drink! shocked shocked shocked shocked And he died!

Another one was arrested for murder also - he butchered his fellow man into pieces shocked shocked shocked shocked!! He claimed that he went hunting in the bush and saw an antelope,and he shot it, and while he was cutting the "antelope", it turned to a human being!! And he kept on cutting the human being! And investigations showed that the butchered man was not shot, but was severely cut with sharp objects!

Wicked souls. If it was the middle ages, the punishment below would have been their portion:

HANGED, DRAWN AND QUARTERED
To be hanged, drawn and quartered was from 1351 a penalty in England for men convicted of high treason, although the ritual was first recorded during the reigns of King Henry III (1216–1272) and his successor, Edward I (1272–1307). Convicts were fastened to a hurdle, or wooden panel, and drawn by horse to the place of execution, where they were hanged (almost to the point of death), emasculated, disembowelled, beheaded and quartered (chopped into four pieces). Their remains were often displayed in prominent places across the country, such as London Bridge. For reasons of public decency, women convicted of high treason were instead burnt at the stake.

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Policewoman(f): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2013

@The bolded, are you out of your mind or what? How can a 4 month old baby drink acid on his own?? A baby that cannot even crawl not to talk of walk??
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Ebol(f): 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2013
So d wickd shld continue takin pples lyf ba.
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by Sholly121: 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2013

so are you one of those people that killed eleweomo? Or how are you so sure that it was senator Teslim Folarin that killed him. Abeg enough of this crap
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by francisbiz: 2:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
If the cases were proven beyond reasonable doubt; serve them right.
Murder is the ultimate crime any man can commit.
Human rights activist? Do they still exist in Nigeria? I thought activism died with Gani Fawehimi of blessed memories.
The so called human activists now are only siphoning money from international sponsors; when they make serious money they start contesting for electoral posts in politics to siphon more.
What are they doing when we have people in prisons all ever the nation for committing little or no crime. Some have spent 6years in awaiting trial for offenses that carry prison terms of 6 months.
When you pass through the roads of Nigeria you must see an army, naval or air-force officers molesting innocent Nigerians, you would see an army korofo that cannot pass junior waec telling master degree holders to do frog-jump or swim in a drainage. They shoot at will without being investigated. Same apply to the Nigerian police, they detain you in cell for not given them bribe, they even kill innocent peolpe and claim it is accidental discharge. The current IG. of police did a brave and commendale one when he pulled the police of the road blocks; it is only in Anambra state that the police is bigger the IG. because they have refused to go out of road blocks, constantly extorting money from Anambra people who don't know their right from left.
Where are they when NEPA staff in Asaba delta state have refused to read meters, but prefers to issue estimated bills; in some areas in Asaba NEPA gives light for less than 72 hours in a month but serve serve estimated bills to the consumers at the end of the month.Even that light is only given to the people when they want to distribute bills.
My brother you can go on and on...
Human rights activist do not exist in Nigerian, they are just politicians undergoing doing personal fund raising for politics.

1 Like

Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by AbuMikey(m): 2:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
Kukere!!!
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by kingjohnny(m): 2:59pm On Jun 28, 2013
Humans are getting more brute
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by donem: 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
pappilo: If the man confessed then I havent got a problem with him being sentenced to death (as long as his confession was not under duress).
Whats your own self?
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by addicted268(f): 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2013

I watched the news on channels yesterday.the attorney said the man pleaded guilty.he said he killed the baby because where he came from,he isn't expected to have a child outside wedlock(being the first son).
Re: Crimes Committed By The Executed Convicts In Edo State. by bigjoseph2008y: 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
that is inhuman,unacceptable.they deserve to die

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC and Nsima Ekere Gubernatorial campaign flag off yesterday. Graphic Images / LASG Debunks Rumour That Hospital Did Not Attend To Pilot Of Crashed Helicopter / Pictures From APC Rally For Tinubu And Bargo In Munya LG, Niger State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.