Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,613 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? (917 Views)

Guys: Can You Marry A Lady That Proposes To You, And Can That Marriage Last? / The Ways To Make Your Marriage Last Forever . / Does Inter Racial Marriage Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 29, 2013
A lot of Nigerian/African marriages are broken or just strait up gone....just wondering from the ladies point of

view....what does it take to make an Nigerian/African marriage last?
Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by Princesszoe: 11:40am On Jun 29, 2013
A lot has been said especially in this section on how to have a fulfilling marriage. Hearing is one thing , practical observation is another thing and the best. In this thread, i will only say this, "Marriage should be a dual exercise, when one sings, the other claps".
Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by UjSizzle(f): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2013
First you need to understand that marriage is a religious institution. Unless it's handled the same way, it'll never really be fulfilling.

Wives submit to your husband like the church submits to Christ.
Husbands love your wives like Christ loved the church.

Clear cut and precise instructions, yet so difficult to do.It seems our pagan ancestors understood it better than our enlightened generation does.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2013
uj_sizzle: First you need to understand that marriage is a religious institution. Unless it's handled the same way, it'll never really be fulfilling.

Clear cut and precise instructions, yet so difficult to do.It seems our pagan ancestors understood it better than our enlightened generation does.

so a successful marriage has to be based on religion?
Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
Any Nigerian marriage that has these:

1. Good/timely meals
2. Respect/Obedience/Humility
3. Kids (very vital)
4. Faithfulness

will surely be a happy/fulfilled marriage.

But in recent times, No. 1, 2 and 4 are lacking in most Nigerian marriages, which owe tribute to excessive adoption of European/American ways of life that failed the Europeans/Americans as evident in the high rate of divorce/separations plus single parents in those regions (Europe/America).

Young people really need to let go of some modern practices if they want a happy marriage/home. Gender-equality is a crime against African marriage! Women have their roles and limits, and men have theirs too, there can never be gender-equality; God didn't create us to be equal; our organs, physique and reasoning are all different, we only need to respect each other and not trying to be equal in all things/roles.

The sooner we all realise the harm gender-equality is posing to mankind, the better for both genders.
Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by tpia5: 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2013
the secret is giving the man sex every night, five or six times a week.

use different positions, dont be boring, try variety, etc.

buy sexy lingerie and also walk around n.aked so he can be h.orny for you.
Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
uj_sizzle: First you need to understand that marriage is a religious institution. Unless it's handled the same way, it'll never really be fulfilling.

Osondi owendi.

@OP, my parents have mutual respect for and understanding of each other. They love each other unconditionally and have made countless sacrifices and compromises for one another. My mom isn't the traditional wife due to the nature of her job, but my dad understands as he's always stepped in when she couldn't be there, and vice versa. Marriage is a team effort. The longest marriages that I have witnessed have lasted for those reasons or similar. My parents will clock 29 years in January.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by Mynd44: 6:22pm On Jun 29, 2013
Love and mutual respect is enough
Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 29, 2013
ogugua88:

Osondi owendi.

@OP, my parents have mutual respect for and understanding of each other. They love each other unconditionally and have made countless sacrifices and compromises for one another. My mom isn't the traditional wife due to the nature of her job, but my dad understands as he's always stepped in when she couldn't be there, and vice versa. Marriage is a team effort. The longest marriages that I have witnessed have lasted for those reasons or similar. My parents will clock 29 years in January.

interesting...so basically ur parents have adopted some western ways into there marriage to make it work.....but you know there are some Nigerians/African that believe the woman have to cook, clean, serve the husband, take of the kids Etc...no matter how tired she it....can a 21century marriage last in this kinda environment? or must Africans adopted western ways into their marriages for it to really last?
Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 29, 2013
"Do unto others what you want them to do unto you".
I'll bet my Nokia phone charger on it that NO RELATIONSHIP defies this rule. smiley
Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 29, 2013
alutacontinua: "Do unto others what you want them to do unto you".
I'll bet my Nokia phone charger on it that NO RELATIONSHIP defies this rule. smiley

^THAT. And good communication.
Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by Mynd44: 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2013
alutacontinua: "Do unto others what you want them to do unto you".
This does not work with some woman too ooo
Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2013
Mynd_44:
This does not work with some woman too ooo

I don't get you.
Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by Mynd44: 8:09pm On Jun 29, 2013
alutacontinua:

I don't get you.
I was counting on that
Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 29, 2013
Mynd_44:
I was counting on that

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by k2039: 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2013
Effective communication, respect and sacrifice is all that is needed. Cest fini
Re: Ladies: What Is The Secret To Making A Nigerian/African Marriage Last? by moresignal(f): 10:42pm On Jun 29, 2013
In One word:- COMMITMENT.

(1) (Reply)

Cheating Lecture / Are First Born Girls Control Freaks / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.