Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? (24368 Views)

God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Local Church? / When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
"At long last, Sodom and Gomorrah don come tanda gidigba for my FB Wall. I beg make una help me beg one Sabinna with kpotoki body and her coquettish fidus achates when they dress in puris naturalibus for my wall say make them carry their fiddle-faddle commot go another piazza. I enter public disclaimer lest I swim in the legal aqua of particeps criminis" - Patrick Obahiagbon
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Chinonso14(m): 9:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
cold: I don't go to church but the answer isn't far fetched.Girls from the next church always look prettier and more saintly.In other words,the grass is always greener on the other side
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Justeenaleo(f): 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Tell me about it!

I went there to buy some crates of hypo, but they were sold out.
Evuuls!!!!!
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Justeenaleo(f): 10:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
swhiss: A lot of people marry outside their church and they fail to realise how wrong that is....The apostle paul admonishes christains to ''marry only in the Lord'' [1corinthians 7:39, 11:11]

so with the sound reasons he gave to support this, i dont think i am ready to do contrary.
Marry within d lord ,not within d church
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by XwhY(m): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
I think d way we behave in churches caused it. We are always too spiritual to make such move even when the 'bro' sees the sister she likes.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by cheruv: 10:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
cheesy this topic funny die buh seriously,why would a guy discard what he's familiar with for what he doesn't know just kos his pastor who can't pray out a mosQuito biting someone said crap....
Anyway our so called sisters in the Lord aren't helping matters,many are like sheep in wolf clothing or should I say wolf in sheep clothing.some after preaching God to you would go for a pussy reset grin
Seriously I prefer catholic girls to them but seriously won't mind having another of those born again pussies wink
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by femi4: 10:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
swhiss: A lot of people marry outside their church and they fail to realise how wrong that is....The apostle paul admonishes christains to ''marry only in the Lord'' [1corinthians 7:39, 11:11]

so with the sound reasons he gave to support this, i dont think i am ready to do contrary.
So if I marry from another church.....I marry in the devil abi?

2 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by saintegs(m): 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
Marrying from church is d best. Just saying
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2013

marrying in d lord is difrent from maryin in d church.lets stop takin d word of God out of context bro.Gracias...

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Gbajabiamila1: 10:29pm On Nov 01, 2013
Bolt2011: I decided to post this topic on the General section cos I didn't know which section it should be.

Moderator, please feel free to move it to the appropriate section. Thanks

See me on front page again o, twice in 2 days
Thank you Lord, Jesus.
Special thanks to my friends,Viruxx, LarryKool, Lekky and to my sister-in-law, Lilytopsy for your encouragement.
Thanks moderator for making me smile again.
Thanks to all nairalanders for comments

Do you get paid for posting here or something and maybe specially for making front page? I just don't gerrit!

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by coogar: 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
DailyNews: The fear of getting a NO from someone they will be seeing so often. Imagine if he builds up courage and walks up to a sister he had been admiring in the church, and unfortunately, the sister says: NO! I am taken, occupied, not ready now, etc.

The guy will never be able to cope with the shame, especially when he will be seeing the sister in church always.

You know, after many stories and experiences shared by different guys of how they got turned down or snubbed by some rude and manner-less ladies they cherished and wished to love and marry, guys of nowadays have learnt to keep quiet even when they cherish a lady, most responsible guys always keep that admiration to themselves, most times forever.

Not all guys can handle rejection from a lady they cherish and have fantasize a good future with, hence, many responsible guys in general have withdrew from wooing and and toasting women.

That's the sad situation right now. I know plenty guys in this shoe.

i thought church girls are easier to get as long as they know the brother is dedicated & lives a holy life. you mean those scarf-tying, beret-wearing single women still say no to the advances of church brethren?

wow!!!
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nosgidi(m): 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
Too much familiarity..I see them as sisters to me..!
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by nairaman66(m): 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
And who said I can't?
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by femmyadje(m): 10:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
Gbajabiamila1:
Do you get paid for posting here or something and maybe specially for making front page? I just don't gerrit!
At least the fact dat ur topic is posted in the front page shows how important the topic is.even though you are not paid i think its an honour

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by musiwa112: 10:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
eddy1234, you ignorant of the word of God. dont mislead people. people can marry out of their church, there is no bible verse that says you cant. as long as the person is a child of God. many people in your child may not be children of God too.. even your pastors may not know God.
people may preach but have no relationship with God.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by nbright: 10:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
coogar:

i thought church girls are easier to get as long as they know the brother is dedicated & lives a holy life. you mean those scarf-tying, beret-wearing single women still say no to the advances of church brethren?

wow!!!
Most of those girls are something else.... Especially when they are outside the church premises
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
The fear that wooing sister ada who might say no and tell sister joy about it who might then tell another person till e reach the pastors ear and it will make you look like someone that came to church to decieve sisters, The best approach is if you see a sister you wanna marry and you pray about and fully convinced that she is meant to be your wife, then go and tell the pastor and the pastor will now call her and advise her to go pray about marriage and come back to him/her, now if God really made her to be ur wife she will came back positive. Don't let a pastor tell you God wants you to marry this person or not, pray about it and be surely convinced who God wants you to marry so that incase anything happens in future you can hold God responsible

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
I converted to christianity because of my gal. When I got the hook around her, I withdraw out.

Gals in christ are too holy, they will make life boring for you
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
@Op,
I dare to say that Jesus has a different opinion from you about these sisters marriage or no marriage. Just because of your self-righteous influenced quest for marriage, you will come to a public place like this and say these things about sisters in the Church. Judge for yourself if Christ Himself will commend you for the remarks you made about these ladies in your Church that belongs to Him. We should at least fear and repect God by respecting His people irrespective of how imperfect we may think they are. God doesn't see us through our imperfection. He sees us the ought the Blood of Christ.
Another thing I want to remind you about ladies and women is that God has a special place in His heart because of a number of reasons two of which is as follows:
1. The role a woman played in bringing the Messiaih to the world
2. They are weaker vessels. God protects the weak and underdog more than you can imagine.
So I find your piece distasteful, self-righteous and not very nice considering that you are a Christian. Unbelievers in this forum may hail you but am not sure if Jesus will be pleased.
God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
coogar:

wow!!!
cheesy I don't find them attractive too.

Well, u knw nt all churches promotes "scarf-tying and beret-wearing." I go to once whr the ministry is "moving" if I need to, u knw wat I mean.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Doyensky: 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2013
Dats nt d case in my own church o, in fact if u marry outside d chch, dey'll luk @ u lyk a sinner.
A friend of mine evn said der was a tym wen der wer so many single bros n sisters in d chch. D pastor said open ur eyes vry well. Ur spouse is in dis chch. B4 dey knw wot was happeni, dey startd announcin weddin ceremoney within 6mnts.
I also ink itsour mindset. A couple got married recently, ryt on d way to d reception, som pple startd sayin dey af been eyeing each oda sinc, jst bcoz dey attend d same parish n work @ d same place.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by SELFWORTH: 11:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
oluface: Well i can tell you boldly that it applies to every woman in my life including my family and yours is not execption. It happen even among them in church and in mosque. Once again its every Nigerian Woman hobby.

....its better to speak for yourself. Just to remind you that you know nothing of me or my family. You only know what YOU can do not what the next person can do. I say its sad you live in such a small world that all the women in your life are hypocrites. Your world is VERY SMALL.

God will deliver you from bitterness.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
gboss4sure: The fear that wooing sister ada who might say no and tell sister joy about it who might then tell another person till e reach the pastors ear and it will make you look like someone that came to church to decieve sisters, The best approach is if you see a sister you wanna marry and you pray about and fully convinced that she is meant to be your wife, then go and tell the pastor and the pastor will now call her and advise her to go pray about marriage and come back to him/her, now if God really made her to be ur wife she will came back positive. Don't let a pastor tell you God wants you to marry this person or not, pray about it and be surely convinced who God wants you to marry so that incase anything happens in future you can hold God responsible
The bold part above are the kind of doctrines dat bore me in church.
Its jst a propaganda which d church uses to mk sure members stick to their spouse. (If they bliv God ordained marriage, its more like bliving pastor knws wts best). There is no one who knws wat God wnt on such matters.

Why do u have eyes and hears?
Oh... U wld go abt looking for who God wnts u to marry.
What if God doesn't wnt u to marry?

Drop those talks, and use ur eyes.
There is nothing spiritual abt choosing a wife, look for someone who fits in to ur plans and pray it works out.

There is verse in the Bible that says "he that findeth a wife..."
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by SELFWORTH: 11:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
oluface: @SELFWORTH, do you know that only women understand women and that why they hate each other because of the hypocrite. They may smile at each other but behind that smile , there is Hell.

....The same applies to men.....it's ignorant to show expertise on women behaviour when you have no evidence to back up your assertion except innuendo.

This is a NL syndrome. There are women haters and men haters. They based thier arguments on one single event in their life.

I tell you you have seen nothing of the world if you think like that.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Elevation(m): 11:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
Be not deceived,if u want to marry earnestly seek the Lords face in prayer and faith,My brethren if u dont marry in the Lord e go red 4 una o,once again pray 4 God's perfect will b4 making a decision,Marriage is an everlasting union until death.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by adorablevincy: 11:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
My church is on the contrary. Brothers marry sisters. Just dn't think cos she is in same church with you wud make her perfect. It's best to marry in ur church especially when the truth about what marriage is, is preached there. Don't allow fear of being castigated pull u down. If sis A say No, sis B might be re ready and wud show u green light. Go 4her if u like her such is life. Was it all d gals u approached accepted u? What makes u think the ones u see in church doesn't have feelings and choice?

2 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by preniespadz(f): 11:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
Chooooiiiiiiiii!! shocked....xo daz y none of dese random men av asked 4 my hand yet enh! Nothing spoi sha..atleast nw i know.. Opreration ATTACKING NEW MALE MEMBERS shall commence dis sunday!! Dis november shall nt pass me by ooo angry angry...
Sistaz Re Not Smiling!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Tell me about it!

I went there to buy some crates of hypo, but they were sold out.
hey there you are.
What happened? smiley
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Danmas: 12:20am On Nov 02, 2013
Obviously am a bit jealose, or very jealose. because i see these girls dancing in d church with other guys and se2ondly the way they relate with pastors is disgusting. And we all know that most of the pastors' of nowadays are pervats who go after young (naive) girls pretending to bring them closer to god!
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by rapmike(m): 12:24am On Nov 02, 2013
prenie-spadz:
Chooooiiiiiiiii!! shocked....xo daz y none of dese random men av asked 4 my hand yet enh! Nothing spoi sha..atleast nw i know.. Opreration ATTACKING NEW MALE MEMBERS shall commence dis sunday!! Dis november shall nt pass me by ooo angry angry...
Sistaz Re Not Smiling!!
easy oh, jst be gud 2 ppl,dats it.
Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by Nobody: 12:24am On Nov 02, 2013
I would. All of my previous relationships were serious - I hoped we'd get married. Apart from the last one, all of them were with girls I knew from church or school fellowship. Well, apart from when I messed around a little bit.

I think it's all about getting to know the person you're dealing with. People with all kinds of pasts and lives are in the Church, that's a fact. Same thing at work. Same thing at school. Same thing on the streets. You wanna build a life with anyone, you gotta take your time and get to know them and be sure that y'all are on the same page. Same principle, different day.

1 Like

Re: Why Wouldn't You Marry A Sister From Your Church? by rapmike(m): 12:30am On Nov 02, 2013
Despite all dat has been said by bth me and odas, i will stil marry a church 'sister',whether within d church am worshiping or anoda church worshiper. Y, cus 1st of al, she is a xtian and if she is honest enough wit her work with God, then oda tinz can be settled. Besides, i tel u,if u see d gal dats is rite 4 u in d church,u wil drop al dos excuses and meet her,dats d plain truth. Sum brodas hands aint clean 2,so its a two way ting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Bishops: "All Church Hospitals Can Be Used For COVID-19 Patients" / Father Solomon Ukeyima Builds A House For A Widow In Benue State (Photos) / Benson Idahosa's 81st Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.