Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? (17696 Views)

Getting A New Nigerian E-passport When Old Passport Is Lost (in London) / Renewing Nigerian Passport In The Uk / Nigerian Passport: Current Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 01, 2013
LMAO I said it, it's only those without a choice flaunt their yeye green cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Princek12(m): 6:29pm On Jul 01, 2013
imauri: This trend has no relevance or use ok maybe for people who feel they can use this to show off duel nationality Guess what... no one gives a rats ass cause the lot of u are lying... im nigerian and dont live in nigeria, myself and my friends all in oil and gas always use our nigerian passports any time or any where we go, be it work or pleasure , we have never been harassed or anything... probably its the way u guys behave thats y u look suspect... and im pretty sure most of you guys claiming red and blue passports have not even reached Ghana..lol...lol. Op i believe there are better and useful topics to concentrate ur time on? yes?

Eya! Sorry! You will never know how it feels to fly around the world with the blue pali. Pele!
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Princek12(m): 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry: LMAO I said it, it's only those without a choice flaunt their yeye green cheesy cheesy

LMAO! Blue pali sweet to travel ooooooo! And im sweet to flaunt, too!!!! lol
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 01, 2013
damiso:

Yeah I apply for visa though some EU countries waive visas when travelling with the whole family.That alone is the only thing I see that having a red passport gives over my green one.To me its just a document.Everyone harasses me about it,ehen have you gotten your red passport yet when I say no some people want to faint shocked shocked shocked.after all this years.My friend is counting down to the day he and his family are eligible for naturalisation cheesy.To me its no biggie abi dem dey share money with red kpali ni.You still have to work hard to prove yourself and succeed.Ease of travel, yes apart from that all na demo.My place of birth will always be Lagos. cool

Besides sef, citizenship get different levels, I remember my husband got screened off from applying for a high security clearance job cos none of his parents were british.And he was born here in the 70's.So to me all the citizenship thing is no big deal. undecidedSome people take the whole citizenship thing to a whole new level sha.

Almost 18 months went by before I applied for mine, I only did that cos we wanted to vacation and I just got tired of applying for visa all the time and for security overseas as well. It just made life easy
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2013
Princek12:

LMAO! Blue pali sweet to travel ooooooo! And im sweet to flaunt, too!!!! lol

No mind them my brother, carry waka. cheesy ara ga gba ndi ara cheesy . Haba, all you need is get yourself a ticket and bommm you are on your way to another country, the hassles of applying for visa and filling out unnecessary forms is behind you. And some haters be hating cheesy
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
Princek12:

Eya! Sorry! You will never know how it feels to fly around the world with the blue pali. Pele!

grin
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by somegirl1: 6:36pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry: Enemies of progress. All them people talking about flaunting their green passport are only saying it cos they are nowhere near acquiring foreign passports grin na today

Even cleaners have foreign passports. Not an achievement.

jennykadry: We could argue this all da and night but truth is, foreign passport holders are more covered in and out of their countries.

No one is disputing this. A passport should only be produced when required. Questions are:
Why do you flaunt it?
For whose benefit do you flaunt it?
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 01, 2013
some-girl:

Even cleaners have foreign passports. Not an achievement.

A typical Nigerian, defining people by what they do....yous are the ones that maltreat house helps in Nigeria....even cleaners, how degrading can you be? You judge people by what they do for a living to survive? You re the reason why nigeria will never move forward. So cleaners are not human beings right? You only consider people who are professionals, human? Oma se

Cleaners in my area earn 23 dollar per hour,how many people make that in Nigeria? Including yourself .....don't answer that cool

3 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by somegirl1: 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

A typical Nigerian, defining people by what they do....yous are the ones that maltreat house helps in Nigeria....even cleaners, how degrading can you be? You judge people by what they do for a living to survive? You re the reason why nigeria will never move forward. So cleaners are not human beings right? You only consider people who are professionals, human? Oma se

Cleaners in my area earn 23 dollar per hour,how many people make that in Nigeria? Including yourself .....don't answer that cool

Very funny how you conveniently missed the point.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2013
some-girl:

Very funny how you conveniently missed the point.

Really, so what point where you making? you chose to make an example of people who you consider low income earners because of their lack of " professional occupation"? Tell me something new. Why didn't you use a doctor, pharmacist, engineers in your post.

Thank you ma, now please move along. Let me see others wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by somegirl1: 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

Really, so what point where you making? you chose to make an example of people who you consider low income earners because of their lack of " professional occupation"? Tell me something new. Why didn't you use a doctor, pharmacist, engineers in your post.

I'm sure most cleaners don't consider their present position as an achievement and would want more out of life.
Why would I use people who most likely would be professionally fulfilled for the point I was making? wouldn't make any sense.

The occupation was chosen to support my stance that a foreign passport isn't flaunt-worthy.

You who supports flaunting passports has a problem with my "flaunting" the fact that I consider cleaning a low level job? Ironic.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

Are they going abroad cos their country lacks the basic medical facilities or did they fly abroad cos its cheaper for them? cheesy

Even our so called actors travel to America to have their children....who doesn't want to give their child a good life of they can afford it? The children of the minister of education currently school in the UK, minister of education oooooo and you re here talking abeg
Their reason for travelling abroad for medical treatment doesn't matter, the fact is they do it! 6 million of them every year. If I may ask why should medical treatments be so expensive for them in their own country? If that was the case in Nigeria and only politicians could afford to do medical surgeries here, I am sure you would also complain as you are doing now.

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
some-girl:

I'm sure most cleaners don't consider their present position as an achievement and would want more out of life.
Why would I use people who most likely would be professionally fulfilled for the point I was making? wouldn't make any sense.

The occupation was chosen to support my stance that a foreign passport isn't flaunt-worthy.

You who supports flaunting your passport has a problem with my "flaunting" the fact that I consider cleaning a low level job? Ironic.

Can you do me a favour? Show me where I said I flaunt a foreign passport? Where have I said I flaunt my passport? Give me a quote please undecided or please keep mute

Again, degrading cleaners who probably earn twice as much as you
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: Their reason for travelling abroad for medical treatment doesn't matter, the fact is they do it! 6 million of them every year.

Come back when you have some thing better. I asked for their reasons?
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 6:59pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

And heyyyy, I don't live in America but it wouldn't stop me from blindly saying nigeria is better than the US. grin
Nobody said Nigeria is better than the US. Why are you boasting of America when neither you nor your fore fathers contributed in making it what it is today? Having an American passport is not enough, anyone can own it after meeting certain requirements. Even those who came as illegal immigrants.

4 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by dabossman(m): 7:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
Sorry, but I don't hide mine o. As long as there is a valid visa on it, which is the case, why should I hide it. If anyone choses to judge me based on that, it's their cup of tea. Although, I've not experienced any untoward behaviour from anyone. It may also be a factor of your confidence level. If you go about looking around in fear that you may be singled out for being a Nigerian, it just might happen.

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: Their reason for travelling abroad for medical treatment doesn't matter, the fact is they do it! 6 million of them every year. If I may ask why should medical treatments be so expensive for them in their own country? If that was the case in Nigeria and only politicians could afford to do medical surgeries here, I am sure you would also complain as you are doing now.

Nigeria does not even have what it takes to perform some serious surgeries.so don't blame those that travel out for it.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

Come back when you have some thing better. I asked for their reasons?
You stated their reasons and I told you it didn't matter.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: Nobody said Nigeria is better than the US. Why are you boasting of America when neither you nor your fore fathers contributed in making it what it is today? Having an American passport is not enough, anyone can own it after meeting certain requirements. Even those who came as illegal immigrants.

It takes years to own that passport, i,legal immigrants go through hell to get that, its mot rice neither is it beans and that is why they struggle to get it. That being said, this is the second time I will ignore your comment about my generation, I expect you to be mature enough like the man I am guessing you are and take family off this convo, of you can't do that, take a left and shut the door behind you. I need REAL men to debate with cool

Don't tell me a woman is getting on your nerves?i know I do that a lot grin

2 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: You stated their reasons and I told you it didn't matter.

I gave reasons why nigerians go abroad for treatment and you could not give me one reason why americans do same. Good day,night, afternoon, morning sir. The discussion is over.

Thank you panel of judges, my able time keeper and my humble opposition leader. Can we send the next person in for a debate? I think I am through with this one. grin cheesy
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Princek12(m): 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
collynzo2: Nobody said Nigeria is better than the US. Why are you boasting of America when neither you nor your fore fathers contributed in making it what it is today? Having an American passport is not enough, anyone can own it after meeting certain requirements. Even those who came as illegal immigrants.

If having blue pali is not an achievement, why is it that a vast majority of our celebrities are always traveling to America to give birth so that they can have the blue pali for their children?

It is not that big of a deal to have a blue pali, but let's be real and acknowledge that having a blue passport makes traveling easier, as you don't have to apply for visas to travel to many countries.

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by cold(m): 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
Lol,looks like Jenny has fully recovered from her accident. That close shave with death really humbled for a long time. The old Jenny is back with a vengeance

1 Like

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
Princek12:

If having blue pali is not an achievement, why is it that a vast majority of our celebrities are always traveling to America to give birth so that they can have the blue pali for their children?

It is not that big of a deal to have a blue pali, but let's be real and acknowledge that having a blue passport makes traveling easier, as you don't have to apply for visas to travel to many countries.

I am not an American, the unexposed guy heard or rather read blue passport in my post and automatically assumed that blue passport was limited to the US alone and before I could say jack Robinson, he brought America into the conversation .
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by imauri: 7:15pm On Jul 01, 2013
Princek12:

its a good thing ur ignorant assumptions supersedes ur intelligence... Blue pili! LOL u dont have jack shit, and im pretty sure u havent gone anywhere ... yet.... maybe of course Obudu ok i accept going my ur dp.. your once upon a time visit ...LOL
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 01, 2013
cold: Lol,looks like Jenny has fully recovered from her accident. That close shave with death really humbled for a long time. The old Jenny is back with a vengeance

Actually the old Jenny is not back. The old Jenny would have done things that will make the mods close this thread. This one is a debate, though people took it personal and brought family Into it cool
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by imauri: 7:16pm On Jul 01, 2013
Princek12:

fake guy...LOL... and his payfone...lol
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by dabossman(m): 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry: LMAO I said it, it's only those without a choice flaunt their yeye green cheesy cheesy

Really? It's just a document you know, not a status symbol. Or does a foreign passport automatically put money in your bank account? I know Americans and Britons who have never left their countries and will probably never use a passport. If having a foreign passport makes you feel superhuman, then you must really have a low-self esteem.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2013
dabossman:

Really? It's just a document you know, not a status symbol. Or does a foreign passport automatically put money in your bank account? I know Americans and Britons who have never left their countries and will probably never use a passport. If having a foreign passport makes you feel superhuman, then you must really have a low-self esteem.

Awww another Nigerian hating without even reading the thread properly. cheesy. It is well my brother, you shall excel on your next visa application, amen grin
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by maskara01: 7:25pm On Jul 01, 2013
Well its a mess we created so we just have to face it.

I wouldn't say I have never experienced such but I had to accept it. Afterall its na my fellow brothers casue am out of greed! Instead of us to start a revolution against the corrupt leaders. How long does it take to unseat a senator or a rep member in Abuja? Simple don't represent us anymore! If not stay back in abuja and don't come back home. A governor nko? We no want u simple! Imagine if every one goes on strike that we don't want a certain person in a particular position? To press home our demands. Instead we go strikes based on useless reasons that tend to cause more harm than good e.g ASUU.

Instead we result to drug trafficking etc and we expect not to be embarassed? The good thing there is that if you are clean, you have nothing to fear!

Infact why travel sef? Why not sit back and cause a change here?

As for me I flaunt my green passport anywhere. And if you are not happy about that, go jump inside river thames.
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Princek12(m): 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

Awww another Nigerian hating without even reading the thread properly. cheesy. It is well my brother, you shall excel on your next visa application, amen grin

GBAM!
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by collynzo2(m): 7:31pm On Jul 01, 2013
jennykadry:

It takes years to own that passport, i,legal immigrants go through hell to get that, its mot rice neither is it beans and that is why they struggle to get it. That being said, this is the second time I will ignore your comment about my generation, I expect you to be mature enough like the man I am guessing you are and take family off this convo, of you can't do that, take a left and shut the door behind you. I need REAL men to debate with cool

Don't tell me a woman is getting on your nerves?i know I do that a lot grin
You can't possibly get on my nerves with an online comment. Since you don't want your family mentioned, what did YOU contribute in developing America?
Re: Do You Flaunt Or Hide Your Nigerian Passport When Travelling? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
I am still waiting for the poster here who claimed I flaunt a foreign passport. Where is she? People who talk too much don't bother reading before posting, cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Types Of Crowd You Will Find In Lagos / Studying In Iceland 2021(a New Trend) / NRC Reacts To Hitch On Ibadan-lagos Train Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.