Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Share Your Experience With Hunger - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Experience With Hunger (12595 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Share Your Experience With Hunger / My Experience With A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience With Hunger by OmerianConsult: 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2013
Hunger is temporary madness as well as the worst disease. I have felt it in both ways, I even failed the Common Entrance Examination to Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Abeokuta because of hunger! My brother had a unique experience which I will relate here. I visited him in school and we attended a Redeemed church for Sunday service. No sooner had we entered the church than I arranged myself into one of my award-winning positions such that it would take the FBI to discover that I was dozing. I later woke up to discover that my brother was no longer sitting beside me.

I got home after church to see that he could barely sit up and was frail-looking, talking only in whispers. I pitied him, thinking that the witch that shot this guy an arrow doesn't even take week end break. Later he managed to tell me that I should take N35 Naira to go and buy rice for him. After he had eaten, his condition improved and he told me that he could barely walk and had to be supported all the way home from church. I told him that I'm hungry too and he gave me, "You are filled in Jesus' name," saying that the N35 was the last money he had. Of course I packed my bag and traveled home same day.
Please share your experience with hunger.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by OmerianConsult: 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2013
Spill it!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by OmerianConsult: 9:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
Confess!
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by OmerianConsult: 10:49am On Jul 02, 2013
Don't you get hungry?
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
It's not funny back in 2010. It's the year of Owu.
What did I eat those days,rice and palm oil. couldn't afford ordinary tomato cry

when kerosene finished, We were left with a carton of indomie with nothing.
sharp boys,we emptied the seasoning in water and chewed it like that
perfect snacks and soft drink grin

soap come finish to bath
saw Morning fresh in my neighbor's window
look left,look right, you know wetin happen next embarassed

19 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by scholes23(m): 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
Pls don't pray to be hungry. That's all

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hunger could make someone steal,faint,misbehave,etc.........

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Denn(m): 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hunger.... ebi ki w'onu, ki Oro Miran woo

When hunger takes a vistor's visa to your body, no other immigrant is allowed entry...except food

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
One day i dey flex for chicken republic wit ma babe,na so one unilag guy come faint for there o,as dem wan pour d guy water na d guy start to dey shout "if na water i dey find no be front of water board i go faint" laugh wan kill me die dat day

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by AlPicapcI(m): 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
hungry should be unthinkable, because it makes one psycologically lame.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by dedons: 4:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
What is HUNGER

How much does it cost to buy HUNGER

I want to buy it for my HATERS!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by towieboy: 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2013
I know of a friend who killed 2 Pidgeons to eat due to hunger back in Naij, hunger makes you do crazy things grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
Boarding school tings. Kai them days. cry cry
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by gistin123: 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2013
scholes23: Pls don't pray to be hungry. That's all

That you're hungry doesn't mean you are broke.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by fapcrook(m): 4:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hunger na bad thing o, just today i had my breakfast around 3pm and both my legs were shaking with a slight headache

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Sike(m): 4:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
One Experience: It KILLS...
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hunger is one of the reason public university school certificate holders have poor grades. Some might eat garri for full 2 weeks

18 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
For the 1st time in 26 years,i hit the front page @ op,even as am writing this comment,it looks as if i want to fall down..Ebi n pa mi o

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by ifeegee(f): 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2013
Pls,this your brother's experience ,was it from just a day hunger or he's been starving for a while?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by gluv01(f): 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2013
Boarding school...Lol, we went on excursion to where i can't remember now. grin
And we were only given meat pie and caprisone in the afternoon, we returned in the evening to find out that a wedding reception was taking place on the school field because it was very large.

Thank God for the shirt i ironed the day before, I and my friends, like we all had the same thing in mind, dressed properly and went to the reception when the food was being shared. we carried a 'walkie talkie' and took some bottled water and plenty rice home grin. With a bottle of wine we saw on the table left unattended. But we did it codedly so no one knew except us. Mehhnnn...who attended boarding school knew it was fun always going to uninvited events. And as girls, we met some new guys too cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
i have seen my spirit leaving my physical body after i have been pumpelled by hunger, i have to quickly jump up from bed in other for my spirit not to escape. this is real, that is what hunger can cause

27 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Chitexs250(m): 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2013
towieboy: I know of a friend who killed 2 Pidgeons to eat due to hunger back in Naij, hunger makes you do crazy things grin

And I am very sure you took part in the feast as well

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
joeydozzy: It's not funny back in 2010. It's the year of Owu.
What did I eat those days,rice and palm oil. couldn't afford ordinary tomato cry

when kerosene finished, We were left with a carton of indomie with nothing.
sharp boys,we emptied the seasoning in water and chewed it like that
perfect snacks and soft drink grin

soap come finish to bath
saw Morning fresh in my neighbor's window
look left,look right, you know wetin happen next embarassed
lmaooooooooooooooooo..morning fresh..well as for rice and palm oil,i ate it back then in boarding sec school..not fun.
Me wey no use soap or sponge bath one time nko? cos of owu, no soap..lmao..has been very long though..i love this aspect that change is constant on earth..really.
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by faboben10: 4:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
solidbroda: Hunger is one of the reason public university school certificate holders have poor grades. Some might eat garri for full 2 weeks
lwkmd
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by nice4life: 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2013
reminds me of undergraduate days, hunger was my major concern until God open my eyes and since then whenever am hungry I just remember his word "he humbled you and makes you to hungry that you may know that man should not live by bread alone" (my paraphrase)
so when i'm hungry i just quote this scripture to myself and I'll do just fine smiley
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Chitexs250(m): 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2013
imolore: i have seen my spirit leaving my physical body after i have been pumpelled by hunger, i have to quickly jump up from bed in other for my spirit not to escape. this is real, that is what hunger can cause

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by drsolob(m): 4:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
It is only hunger dat would make somebody to eat sand.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by nice4life: 4:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
imolore: i have seen my spirit leaving my physical body after i have been pumpelled by hunger, i have to quickly jump up from bed in other for my spirit not to escape. this is real, that is what hunger can cause
grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Chitexs250(m): 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
solidbroda: Hunger is one of the reason public university school certificate holders have poor grades. Some might eat garri for full 2 weeks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#NBMAwards2015: Nairaland Nominated In The Nigerian Broadcasters Media Award / Difference Between Define, Describe, Explain, Examine And Discuss. / Why Do Most Nigerian Ladies Have That Lesbian Tendencies? Opinion poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.