Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Share Your Experience With Hunger - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Experience With Hunger (12594 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Share Your Experience With Hunger / My Experience With A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by otokpamike(m): 4:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hunger bad,hungry catch me way make me draw full roasted fish and yam for paper,i come imgine say i dey chop d fish and d yam before i fit sleep

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by denony(m): 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
I am coming

space booked for my testimony
praise the Lord somebody
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Foxybone(m): 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
[b]The truth is no one will come here to share an experience about hunger because they are all feeling "butty" like. Abeg, Moderator, move this topic to the back page because most people here are living fake lives like most of the people in Abuja. angry angry

I was in school then, just gained admission and did not know how to manage money because I thought entering into school will be an avenue of milking my elder brother dry. I succeeded in spending all the money he gave to me during the first week and went back that weekend to collect more money. He just gave transport back to school.

Wow!!! To say hunger flogged me that month is an understatement, it kicked me, bullied me, hanged me and shot me. Thank God I survived. The incident that comes to mind during that period was when I was supposed to have test by 2:00pm that day. I just laid on my bunk fighting between sleep and actual coma before a childhood friend who doesn't visit me just entered into our room. Jeez!!! I was overjoyed as the guy gave me N1000. I survived on that stuff buying kerosene into the stoves of my room mates (I did not bring a stove and I had enough foodstuff to take me for two months) until the month ended.

Kai!!! Hunger no good walahi angry angry angry[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2013
Recently I used my last N1300 to buy shawarma (I'm addicted to that stuff), and the next day there was no money to buy food from the school cafeteria (I don't cook in the hostel). See gobe! Throughout the day I didn't eat, and me being me, I was too proud to ask anybody for anything. I went to bed hungry.

The next day I had a Maths quiz (differential equations) and I could only think of the steaming plate of akpu and ogbono soup I was not going to eat that day. Terrible! In the evening (24 hours without chow) I couldn't take it anymore and had to purchase two plates of food on credit, lol. That was my first time buying stuff on credit.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Chitexs250(m): 4:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
otokpamike: Hunger bad,hungry catch me way make me draw full roasted fish and yam for paper,i come imgine say i dey chop d fish and d yam before i fit sleep

Lafº°˚=)) =))˚°ºº°˚throway ˚=)) =))°º≈my Phone °˚
=)) =)) ˚ºinside °˚offering box ˚°º≈  º≈. =)) make
Gø̲̣̣d replace A̶̲̥̅♏ W̶̲̥̅̊ït̶̲̥̅̊. Range rover spot Ooº°˚ ˚°ºoo

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Chitexs250(m): 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2013
denony: I am coming

space booked for my testimony
praise the Lord somebody

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Jerrite(m): 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
When i was in boarding schl, i stayed for a day without eating, it was raining seriously in my stomach n i tried to read a book to calm it off, bros the book turned to plain sheet in my eyes...
When i later found garri to drink, didn't knw dat some chip of soap got mixed wit d stuff...only realized when i poured water n it was foaming.... I drank it anyway...
:/ :/ :/ :/ :/

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by pawesome(m): 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
came bk frm sch afta writin a hot test,had to read al tru d nyt..ws freakin hungry so had to pill yam n put on d fire without checkin kero..afta lik 10mins,went to check watsup wit ma meal..jst checkd n discovad dt dia ws no kero.didnt tink twice,brought it down frm d fire n eat it lik dt...i mst confes,it ws d best meal eva grin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Chitexs250(m): 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
Foxybone: [b]The truth is no one will come here to share an experience about hunger because they are all feeling "butty" like. Abeg, Moderator, move this topic to the back page because most people here are living fake lives like most of the people in Abuja. angry angry

I was in school then, just gained admission and did not know how to manage money because I thought entering into school will be an avenue of milking my elder brother dry. I succeeded in spending all the money he gave to me during the first week and went back that weekend to collect more money. He just gave transport back to school.

Wow!!! To say hunger flogged me that month is an understatement, it kicked me, bullied me, hanged me and shot me. Thank God I survived. The incident that comes to mind during that period was when I was supposed to have test by 2:00pm that day. I just laid on my bunk fighting between sleep and actual coma before a childhood friend who doesn't visit me just entered into our room. Jeez!!! I was overjoyed as the guy gave me N1000. I survived on that stuff buying kerosene into the stoves of my room mates (I did not bring a stove and I had enough foodstuff to take me for two months) until the month ended.

Kai!!! Hunger no good walahi angry angry angry[/b]

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
Lmao
joeydozzy: It's not funny back in 2010. It's the year of Owu.
What did I eat those days,rice and palm oil. couldn't afford ordinary tomato cry

when kerosene finished, We were left with a carton of indomie with nothing.
sharp boys,we emptied the seasoning in water and chewed it like that
perfect snacks and soft drink grin

soap come finish to bath
saw Morning fresh in my neighbor's window
look left,look right, you know wetin happen next embarassed
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Chitexs250(m): 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
Jerrite: When i was in boarding schl, i stayed for a day without eating, it was raining seriously in my stomach n i tried to read a book to calm it off, bros the book turned to plain sheet in my eyes...
When i later found garri to drink, didn't knw dat some chip of soap got mixed wit d stuff...only realized when i poured water n it was foaming.... I drank it anyway...
:/ :/ :/ :/ :/

You meant this type of combinations

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by yvonnejoe(f): 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
Omerian Consult: Hunger is temporary madness as well as the worst disease. I have felt it in both ways, I even failed the Common Entrance Examination to Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Abeokuta because of hunger! My brother had a unique experience which I will relate here. I visited him in school and we attended a Redeemed church for Sunday service. No sooner had we entered the church than I arranged myself into one of my award-winning positions such that it would take the FBI to discover that I was dozing. I later woke up to discover that my brother was no longer sitting beside me.

I got home after church to see that he could barely sit up and was frail-looking, talking only in whispers. I pitied him, thinking that the witch that shot this guy an arrow doesn't even take week end break. Later he managed to tell me that I should take N35 Naira to go and buy rice for him

ur a veri funi human being.
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by EejaNla01(m): 5:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
Especially when you are reading for exam and test.

Indeed hunger is one of the major reasons under G graduate with low cgpa.
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by yvonnejoe(f): 5:14pm On Jul 02, 2013
Walahi, faint in my case.
smothly: Hunger could make someone steal,faint,misbehave,etc.........
embarassed
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by denony(m): 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
Chitexs250:

That u are hungry
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by javipee: 5:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
joeydozzy: soap come finish to bath
saw Morning fresh in my neighbor's window
look left,look right, you know wetin happen next embarassed

grin grin grin LMFAO grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Odunharry(m): 5:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
hunger,no try dat guy o...dat guy called hunger wicked n no dy respect perxon...

Remember when i went 4 a class early in d morning and i was so hungry,chai...all d ting d lecturer dy talk no dy enta anywia i na dy even see person 4 front e just be lyk say pipu around me sit down 4 stool while me i sit down 4 ground...

And d 1 i wudnt advice anybdy to try is to sleep with an empty stomach,no try am o or else u go dream bad dream...

If u tink im lieing u can try it 2nyt and cme n testify 2mao

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by OmerianConsult: 5:28pm On Jul 02, 2013
ifee-gee:
Pls,this your brother's experience ,was it from just a day hunger?
He had been going on garri for some time. He later ran out of supply.
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by OmerianConsult: 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
imolore: i have seen my spirit leaving my physical body after i have been pumpelled by hunger
This happened to me in 2002. l was very tired and hungry after a rough trip from Lagos. My spirit was gradually leaving me and things were gradually becoming very peaceful as l sat on a sit. l had to muster all efforts to summon my spirit back. Death is not a film trick!
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by yame014: 5:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
it happened in 1999 when i went for TOM camp (teenagers outreach ministries)...i didn't know we were to fast...on d day of fasting i was so hungry n weak that i had to sneak to my hostel to rest. on getting to my hostel, i searched my bag but all i could found were a tube of toothpaste n st. louis sugar...guess what? i almost finished d paste n ate like 13 cubes of sugar...it was a day i can never forget..

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by ikekings(m): 5:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
imolore: i have seen my spirit leaving my physical body after i have been pumpelled by hunger, i have to quickly jump up from bed in other for my spirit not to escape. this is real, that is what hunger can cause
Lmao!!! **falls from okada**
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by AbuMikey(m): 5:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hunger?? Kai!!!!
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by AbuMikey(m): 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
Odunharry: hunger,no try dat guy o...dat guy called hunger wicked n no dy respect perxon...

Remember when i went 4 a class early in d morning and i was so hungry,chai...all d ting d lecturer dy talk no dy enta anywia i na dy even see person 4 front e just be lyk say pipu around me sit down 4 stool while me i sit down 4 ground ...

And d 1 i wudnt advice anybdy to try is to sleep with an empty stomach,no try am o or else u go dream bad dream...

If u tink im lieing u can try it 2nyt and cme n testify 2mao
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by PetDancer(f): 5:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hmmm...my own eh,i tire o.just happened recently ,i was having no money on me .my dad promised to send me money but he failed,that night i slept with an empty stomach,hoping to receive alert the next day being tuesday.mehn no alert.and that was during my first semester exams.i managed and went to school,i must confess,i was seeing the question paper double,my answer sheet double,d questions were mutiplied x3 in my eyes.i had to manage and answer the questions.i can't even remeber if i finished,just submitted and sat down ,the next thing i knew, i found myself at home in our kitchen eating eba,no be joke o.my coursemates had to pour me cold satchet water to wake me from my slumber. That 1 pass sleep.lolz,i thank God.i had A in the course.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by everyday: 5:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
i cannot stay without food and be hungry for a whole day and i saw a thread on Nl of someone claiming to be without food for 5 years
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 02, 2013
Last night I slept hungry. So I dreamt enjoying a full loaf of bread. But when I woke up, I discovered I had almost eaten my pillow completely.... Lolz

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
Kai hunger bad oh! After I don smoke igboh,smoke igboh, smoke igboh finish. Ewu come land...omo na garri cure me oh.
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by sylve11: 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
imolore: i have seen my spirit leaving my physical body after i have been pumpelled by hunger, i have to quickly jump up from bed in other for my spirit not to escape. this is real, that is what hunger can cause

lol grin cool
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by OmerianConsult: 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2013
Adewunmi84: as am writing this comment,it looks as if i want to fall down..Ebi n pa mi o
You are filled! Try arrange something o, even N10 biscuit.
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 02, 2013
undecided Back in uni days, there was this occasion I didn't have food to eat for 2days because my roomie didn't come from home as planned ; I go soon eat , I go soon eat nah so e take reach 2 grown-up days

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by SpicyMimi(f): 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
lmaoooooooooo!!!
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by ubong560(m): 6:27pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hunger, if u want to know then visit hostels

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#NBMAwards2015: Nairaland Nominated In The Nigerian Broadcasters Media Award / Difference Between Define, Describe, Explain, Examine And Discuss. / Why Do Most Nigerian Ladies Have That Lesbian Tendencies? Opinion poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.