Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Share Your Experience With Hunger - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Experience With Hunger (12603 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / Share Your Experience With Hunger / My Experience With A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Peterboy1(m): 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
it happened to me wen i finished NYSC orientation course, although we were welcomed by d senior copers on ground at the copers lodge, but the next day was something else, i search for food to no avail, it reached to a point that i began to swallow my saliva, but later i trekked almost 3 kilometer only to find FUFU and tomato stew without water.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Isiterere(m): 6:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
solidbroda: Hunger is one of the reason public university school certificate holders have poor grades. Some might eat garri for full 2 weeks
#GBAM
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2013
yame014: it happened in 1999 when i went for TOM camp (teenagers outreach ministries)...i didn't know we were to fast...on d day of fasting i was so hungry n weak that i had to sneak to my hostel to rest. on getting to my hostel, i searched my bag but all i could found were a tube of toothpaste n st. louis sugar...guess what? i almost finished d paste n ate like 13 cubes of sugar...it was a day i can never forget..
toothpaste & sugar 4 real? Bwahahahahahahaha!
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2013
Peter boy: it happened to me wen i finished NYSC orientation course, although we were welcomed by d senior copers on ground at the copers lodge, but the next day was something else, i search for food to no avail, it reached to a point that i began to swallow my saliva, but later i trekked almost 3 kilometer only to find FUFU and tomato stew without water.
guy ur own better na, I don see person wey finish 1tube of maclean toothpaste and st Louis sugar....lol

Oga Seun abeg come share ya experience na, abi u wan say you never hunger before?!
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by MsSpaqs(f): 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
All i knw is dat wen am hungry i start feelin feverish n weak,i go bk 2 normal after eatin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by deols(f): 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
I am hungry right now.

what an experience!!!

undecided
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by smartg(m): 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2013
joeydozzy: It's not funny back in 2010. It's the year of Owu.
What did I eat those days,rice and palm oil. couldn't afford ordinary tomato cry

when kerosene finished, We were left with a carton of indomie with nothing.
sharp boys,we emptied the seasoning in water and chewed it like that
perfect snacks and soft drink grin

soap come finish to bath
saw Morning fresh in my neighbor's window
look left,look right, you know wetin happen next embarassed
amu.rubber
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by yemi2plus(m): 7:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
This happened just yesterday.
all the food stuff wey we get don finish, because my roommate nor won call e papa make e send am money.
"wetin we get for house?" my roommate asked.
"na only semon and vegatable oil o" i replied him.
He walked to the kitchen, put on the stove.
"na wetin you won cook" i asked him.
"no worry" he replied.
Few minutes later, he came out of the kitchen with "fry semon".
We ate it, drank water and fell at sleep

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by lateef4me(m): 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2013
Fry semon .....Very funny !
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Godson201333(m): 8:15pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hunger is not a good thing...
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hunger! Well, mine was last year during our 21 days prayer nd fasting in January. I was brea.s.t feeding my 1st son den,I was bent on breaking by 6pm, hunger got hold of me around 2pm, I started shaking nd could not hold my suckling baby,I was helped home. Fear catch me gan ni o.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Ezedon(m): 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2013
hunger for food n hunger for sex, which of them is preferable
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hunger na bad tin o..i no fit forget hunger do me for site..as i just dey mix cement naso my leg dey shake..i no even knw which one be cement and which one be sand..everytin wey i dey see be like cloud..e con be like say life dey leave my body e con be like say i dey another planet..i gas go sit down before i get my sef small..kai hunger bad

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
For Port harcourt when I was leaning work I'm EAST WEST road I can't 4get d experience with Hunger. Then me and my follow apprentice in shop.My Oga we go outside work.we be in shop with her wife ,any money we walk out,she we collect it from us.We will be praying for NEPA to take lights she we go ,cause I was lerning welding work. Once she left we will come out and start pushing people that their car sink in d bad road in front of our shop. Any 40 or 50 naira that enters our hand that day,is for Merinda (Orobor) and Delta bread or Lucky Star bread.
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Aliyubest(m): 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
joeydozzy: It's not funny back in 2010. It's the year of Owu.
What did I eat those days,rice and palm oil. couldn't afford ordinary tomato cry

when kerosene finished, We were left with a carton of indomie with nothing.
sharp boys,we emptied the seasoning in water and chewed it like that
perfect snacks and soft drink grin

soap come finish to bath
saw Morning fresh in my neighbor's window
look left,look right, you know wetin happen next embarassed
shocked u mean u soaked indomie like garri. Well i once eat indomie n yam grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Aliyubest(m): 8:48pm On Jul 02, 2013
Ezedon: hunger for food n hunger for sex, which of them is preferable
shocked shocked shocked r u a learner.? Kpekus of cus na cool cool
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Gudintent: 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
I don't really have any undecided

But having read some experiences up here I would not want to go through that given the choice
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by ifeegee(f): 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
Omerian Consult: He had been going on garri for some time. He later ran out of supply.
Ok, I was beginning to wonder.
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
Ezedon: hunger for food n hunger for sex, which of them is preferable
Open ur own thread.
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by playahP(m): 9:18pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hunger turned me to a thief.
Back then in my second and third year; I was sooo broke sometimes... I couldn't afford anything..... I mean not even pure water!!

I had rice... Just white rice and some maggi...... Then, I'd boil white rice using electric stove... Add two maggi in it and some salt...... Mind you, I stole the water and the salt (we buy water in ma skool).

Then I'd walk around the whole compound looking for some careless onions or tomatoes..... Or pepper...... Just anything to improve the horrid taste!!.....

Chai..... Sometimes, it was sooo bad I wouldn't eat at all!!

Don't wanna remember those days!
I suffered wooooo!!

Stole, scavenged... Begged...... Just for food and other basic necessities!

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by OCcool: 9:24pm On Jul 02, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
For Port harcourt when I was leaning work I'm EAST WEST road I can't 4get d experience with Hunger. Then me and my follow apprentice in shop.My Oga we go outside work.we be in shop with her wife ,any money we walk out,she we collect it from us.We will be praying for NEPA to take lights she we go ,cause I was lerning welding work. Once she left we will come out and start pushing people that their car sink in d bad road in front of our shop. Any 40 or 50 naira that enters our hand that day,is for Merinda (Orobor) and Delta bread or Lucky Star bread.
Guy, ur gbagaun no get part 2. What sort of gibberish is dis?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by yame014: 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2013
Ishsoph: toothpaste & sugar 4 real? Bwahahahahahahaha!

yexo...it was that bad
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by AdeniyiA(m): 10:06pm On Jul 02, 2013
My experience 'with' hunger, I discovered that hunger is a bastard !
Can you imagine eating yam with toothpaste!
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by APFM(m): 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2013
Hunger makes u remember God.
Hunger catch me nd my friend to. Extent we go cut grass for field cook am wit oil and did eba wit it.
Mushroom dat grows on fence Na meat.
Or set trap for any fowl dat enters our compound and kill.
There were missing fowls during my time ooooo
Hunger Na bastard

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Ricmayak1: 10:46pm On Jul 02, 2013
I had a room-mate in the uni who was very broke during exams. One day after writting an exam, he was damn hungry and he badged into the room crying repeatedly, "I am dieing, I am dieing....." My room mate quickly offered 100 box. B4 we cld render ourselves to assist him buy something, he had used his last energy (already blinking reserve since) to disappear to d hostel shop.
He came back with fanta & bread that is as strong as stone (no time to check for fresh ones & d bad ones are always on top). Before anyone could blink, he was done! And he loudly chanted "alhamdullilahi" ten good times.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by desertboom(m): 10:57pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr. Hunger has thought me tough lessons of life, hunger, hunger and hunger I call it several times because people might not understand what I went through in the hands of this man called hunger.

It was during my 3rd year in the university, I had no food stuff, no money, no one to turn to because everyone around me claim not to have money, I had no choice than to do it the hard way.

I had went to a friend's place kingsley. Kingsley and I grew up in thesame neigbourhood before gaining admission in the uni.
It was unfortunate that I met his room mate, I explained to the room mate how mr. Hunger will kill me if I don't do something. 'my man no food here ooo, things hard for us well well' the room mate had told me. I ask him 'abeg even if na garri i go drink' he said 'nothing dey ooo'

I didn't know how I got to the kichen, I believe it must have been curiousity, frustration and hope to find anything to calm the hunger.
When I opened the pot there was a well prepared egusi soup and enough dry garri. I didn't begged him or told him there was soup in order not to make him feel guilty, I just boiled water and help myself, went back to thank him even if he lied to me that there was no food despite my plea.

That experience thought me never to rely on anybody, it thought me to be hard-working if not mr. Hunger will kill me, it thought me how to manage and be contented with the little my parents could provide for me. Thanks to mr. Hunger because I learnt alot.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by desertboom(m): 10:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr. Hunger has thought me tough lessons of life, hunger, hunger and hunger I call it several times because people might not understand what I went through in the hands of this man called hunger.

It was during my 3rd year in the university, I had no food stuff, no money, no one to turn to because everyone around me claim not to have money, I had no choice than to do it the hard way.

I had went to a friend's place kingsley. Kingsley and I grew up in thesame neigbourhood before gaining admission in the uni.
It was unfortunate that I met his room mate, I explained to the room mate how mr. Hunger will kill me if I don't do something. 'my man no food here ooo, things hard for us well well' the room mate had told me. I ask him 'abeg even if na garri i go drink' he said 'nothing dey ooo'

I didn't know how I got to the kichen, I believe it must have been curiousity, frustration and hope to find anything to calm the hunger.
When I opened the pot there was a well prepared egusi soup and enough dry garri. I didn't begged him or told him there was soup in order not to make him feel guilty, I just boiled water and help myself, went back to thank him even if he lied to me that there was no food despite my plea.

That experience thought me never to rely on anybody, it thought me to be hard-working if not mr. Hunger will kill me, it thought me how to manage and be contented with the little my parents could provide for me. Thanks to mr. Hunger because I learnt alot.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 02, 2013
Omerian Consult: Hunger is temporary madness as well as the worst disease. I have felt it in both ways, I even failed the Common Entrance Examination to Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Abeokuta because of hunger! My brother had a unique experience which I will relate here. I visited him in school and we attended a Redeemed church for Sunday service. No sooner had we entered the church than I arranged myself into one of my award-winning positions such that it would take the FBI to discover that I was dozing. I later woke up to discover that my brother was no longer sitting beside me.

I got home after church to see that he could barely sit up and was frail-looking, talking only in whispers. I pitied him, thinking that the witch that shot this guy an arrow doesn't even take week end break. Later he managed to tell me that I should take N35 Naira to go and buy rice for him. After he had eaten, his condition improved and he told me that he could barely walk and had to be supported all the way home from church. I told him that I'm hungry too and he gave me, "You are filled in Jesus' name," saying that the N35 was the last money he had. Of course I packed my bag and traveled home same day.
Please share your experience with hunger.

Funny, but instructive. That's why I am always ready to forgive petty, amateur thieves because I imagine real hunger (with no means of affording even a poor meal) can make people steal a loaf here or a penny there, just to eat.
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by K0ala7(m): 12:12am On Jul 03, 2013
So I school in the US and it was my first summer semester. My guardian had paid for my fees and everything and then gave me $800 for feeding for 2 months. Since I didn't have a car and transport was difficult cuz the school is in the south, oklahoma, I had no provisions. So I decided to order pizza. I ordered large pizza with 2 pasta plates, cheese sticks and mountain dew 2 liter. Next day I wasn't feeling the trip and the cost to Walmart, so I ordered again. It went on for 3 weeks before I realized I was left with only $120. So I found someone to take me to Walmart and I bought provisions and a lot of ramen noodles just to snack at midnight. I consumed the provisions quickly and with 2 weeks to go, I only had 15 sachets left. Needless to say, during the exams week I had become the first person in my family to go abroad and live on less than a dollar a day. I made my only B of my university career that summer.

Microwaved ramen noodles is of the devil.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Xaviers(m): 12:13am On Jul 03, 2013
imolore: i have seen my spirit leaving my physical body after i have been pumpelled by hunger, i have to quickly [b] jump up from bed in other for my spirit not to escape[/b]. this is real, that is what hunger can cause

lool @d bolded!!! dude u wan kill me wiv laff
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by Xaviers(m): 12:23am On Jul 03, 2013
yemi2plus2: This happened just yesterday.
all the food stuff wey we get don finish, because my roommate nor won call e papa make e send am money.
"wetin we get for house?" my roommate asked.
"na only semon and vegatable oil o" i replied him.
He walked to the kitchen, put on the stove.
"na wetin you won cook" i asked him.
"no worry" he replied.
Few minutes later, he came out of the kitchen with "fry semon".
We ate it, drank water and fell at sleep

wetin happen to ur own papa?? lol.. u guys ar so funny cheesy cheesy
Re: Share Your Experience With Hunger by trolling(m): 12:24am On Jul 03, 2013
imolore: i have seen my spirit leaving my physical body after i have been pumpelled by hunger, i have to quickly jump up from bed in other for my spirit not to escape. this is real, that is what hunger can cause
u shouldnt have done that, one has to sacrifice food or desire to receive spiritual messages or visions

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#NBMAwards2015: Nairaland Nominated In The Nigerian Broadcasters Media Award / Which Section Of Nairaland Really Made Your 2015...click To See Mine. / How To Post Video On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.