Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,962 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria (2876 Views)

The Volvo Xc90 SUV: To Kill Or Not To Kill / How Reliable Are Volvo Cars? / Chinese Automobiles: Lifan - New Chinese Car Brand In Nigeria, How Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by Nefo: 11:21pm On Jul 02, 2013
When I thought the VOLVO brand had died completely in the Nigerian Market they came up even with a bigger fight. We have been so plagued by the Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi and Hyundai brands that we completely forgot that other brands existed as well. Whenever you mention VOLVO , what people seem to remember is the Volvo's of old; 240GLE, 244GLE, 740, 760 and the rest of them. I have taken a huge interest in the VOLVO brand of recent and am so wowed by their technology. They have transformed completely to a whole new level. After test driving the Volvo XC90 for about 4hours, I came to a conclusion that japanese technology is a little bit over rated.

The Volvo is a fine piece of Swedish technology that offers comfort, safety and driving pleasure. Am so wowed at the rate at which Lagosians are embracing this brand. The S60, S80 and XC90 brands seems to be the leading vehicle for this recent VOLVO craze. An XC90 seems to be lurking around in every nook and corner, it has become a fashion statement for young people. The most amazing thing about the one I drove is that it comes with a simple 2.5 5cyl Engine, maintenance is not too steep as most people think but the driving pleasure is mind blowing. I must get one of these cars. GO TEAM VOLVO!!!!

1 Like

Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 03, 2013
safe joni.... undecided
Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by yungboss(m): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2013
Yea, some of their new cars are aesthetically pleasing too...5cyl engines.
Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 03, 2013
return to the BMW plant asap! cheesy

yungboss: Yea, some of their new cars are aesthetically pleaasing too...5cyl engines.
Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by JUO(m): 10:58am On Jul 03, 2013
i like the design but am scared of 5cly
Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by davou4eva(m): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2013
Yeah! you are very right my brother.

I got the Volvo S80 T6 not quite long and so far so good it has been a very pleasure ride.

From the turbo engine, factory fitted A/C that work very perfectly from the first minute, the interior, sterring wheel, the ABS, the chasis, tyres range with the alloy rims, the balancing while on speed and so on.

One of the thing i love about the Volvo S80 is when you tried to turbo (kick down) the way the engine sound is marvellous compare to Toyota which i was using before as if the engine want to explode.

The maintenance is still ok @ about or less than N10,000.00 on every 3500-5000km depending on if you need to change both the oil/fuel filter and or the plugs.

In conclusion, so far so good until i refuse to do the proper maintenance which we lack mostly in Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by Nefo: 8:30am On Jul 04, 2013
I went car shopping with a friend of mine one day, but before we set out we had this long arguement on what car to buy. It was the 2005 Toyota Highlander vs The 2005 Volvo XC90. I was rooting for the Highlander because I had used one before. Finally we set out and paid for the Volvo. I had driven this car for a while now and sometimes I ask myself why I didn't get this car for myself.

The price difference was much though, Highlander was at 2.4M while Volvo was at 2.0M. I waited for a day the car would break down so I would mock him over availability of parts. Finally that day came, we got to Ladipo market and asked for where we could get parts for the volvo. OMG!!!! Trust Igbo boys they had it all in stock. They even said Oga! even if u want the whole body of the car we have it.

2 Likes

Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by davou4eva(m): 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2013
Nefo: I went car shopping with a friend of mine one day, but before we set out we had this long arguement on what car to buy. It was the 2005 Toyota Highlander vs The 2005 Volvo XC90. I was rooting for the Highlander because I had used one before. Finally we set out and paid for the Volvo. I had driven this car for a while now and sometimes I ask myself why I didn't get this car for myself.

The price difference was much though, Highlander was at 2.4M while Volvo was at 2.0M. I waited for a day the car would break down so I would mock him over availability of parts. Finally that day came, we got to Ladipo market and asked for where we could get parts for the volvo. OMG!!!! Trust Igbo boys they had it all in stock. They even said Oga! even if u want the whole body of the car we have it.

I can't wait to get the XC90 because i am enjoying the S80....
Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2013
most volvos are for middle class people or junior executive, most engines start from 1.8L the comfort and luxury is good

once owned a S40 CD
Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by rareman(m): 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2013
Thanks guys I am enjoying the thread, please I want to know more on S60 because am getting one fr myself. Things like the fuel economy, maintenance, durability and the cost
Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by Nefo: 11:04pm On Jul 05, 2013
rareman: Thanks guys I am enjoying the thread, please I want to know more on S60 because am getting one fr myself. Things like the fuel economy, maintenance, durability and the cost

The Volvo S60 is a superb vehicle. It comes fitted with the same engine as the XC90,a 2.5l 5 Cyl Engine. Mainteance is moderare too. The comfort that car is going to offer u surpasses what a japanese car can give you. Pls go for it.
Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by rareman(m): 8:32am On Jul 06, 2013
Thanks Nefo, How much do u think the car will for someone is telling me 900k fr tokunbo what of fuel economy?
Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
How reliable is the S80?
Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by yungboss(m): 1:26pm On Jul 06, 2013
smartchoice: How reliable is the S80?
lol, i will return to the BMW plant sir!
Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2013
Make no mistake sir my question is due to a colleague who Always has one or two lamentations about his S80 claiming to have a bootful of spare parts. Ever WDB.
yungboss:
lol, i will return to the BMW plant sir!
Re: Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria by supermirab: 2:21am On Aug 05, 2013
maybe thanks to topgear james may trip to birth of nil river

(1) (Reply)

I Need Information About Lexus LS 460 / Rhd Car Conversion To Lhd Car / Adolf Hitler’s Mercedez-benz Supercar Up For Auction [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.