Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! (1134 Views)

Sanusi Lamido: Another Nuhu Ribadu In The Making? / Must See: Nuhu Ribadu In Us Session / I Saw Nuhu Ribadu In Kigali By Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by Nobody: 5:44am On May 16, 2008
Believers in predestination would say that this could be the consummation of Waziri's training at the nunnery.
In the force she had a reputation as a no nonsense officer who rose from the ladder to enviable position of Assistant Inspector General before retiring. She held several appointments in the police force including headship of the Federal Criminal Investigation Department (FCID) and Interpol.
On her way to being a Catholic nun where she would have devoted her entire life to chastity and poverty, Mrs. Farida Mzamber Waziri made a U-turn from Queen of Holy Rosary Convent in 1963 and discovered an essential life of sacrifice in secular life.
She ended up in the Police Force and today all eyes are on her as she takes over at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nigeria's foremost anti-fraud agency. She replaces Nuhu Ribadu, an anti corruption czar who courted many enemies as well as admirers in his days
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=111654

From her biography, i think this woman can be trusted like Dora of NAFDAC. But i still feel that Ribadu's posting to Kuru was a conspiracy against anti-corruption.

Or is there something I'm still not getting for almost a year now?.
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by subice(m): 3:12pm On May 16, 2008
I think she has the experience and character to do well. She has a very impressive resume. However, does she have the will and drive? I hope so.
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 16, 2008
subice:

I think she has the experience and character to do well. She has a very impressive resume. However, does she have the will and drive? I hope so.

That's my fear.
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by 1luvkipsus: 5:51pm On May 16, 2008
I pray this woman will also write her name in the anal of history like Dora, Nenadi, Oby and Ngozi have done. She should not be like Iyabo, Grange, Olubumi (Etteh) etcetera. Make a name for yourself please.
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by tpia: 5:53pm On May 16, 2008
she used to be a nun?

na drama be that oh.

Ex-nuns can be very wild interesting.
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by CrudeOil2(m): 6:16pm On May 16, 2008
From what I read in the papers, she was called a no nonsense woman. I would agree with this only if she has the impetus to publicly probe Obasanjo and make sure he goes to prison.

I also hope she wont be used by Yaradua as a political gun, the way his predecessor used Ribadu as such.
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by SkyBlue1: 6:26pm On May 16, 2008
Let us see what she does first.
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by desgiezd(m): 6:38pm On May 16, 2008
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by angel101(f): 9:06pm On May 16, 2008
i guess we can only hope for the best and watch as it unfolds
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by chidichris(m): 9:24pm On May 16, 2008
let us watch her for at least six months and those of us with foreseight will be able to tell what she is made off.
in any case, nigeria already has two groups of women leaders viz; the Iwealas, Doras, obys and co while the terrorist group houses the Iyabos, Ettehs, the gerrangs and co so her effrots will surely place her in either of the groups.
this thread topic deserves more explainations. the ribadu that will call andy ubas american money laundary case civil while alams was impeached and arrested by the waiting efcc men.
let this woman be the waziri we call her and do her own things and it is my prayers that she will not be tool to any individual or group rather let her be tool of the law.
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by ifyalways(f): 9:37pm On May 16, 2008
Time wud tell undecided
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by vigasimple(m): 10:25pm On May 16, 2008
Slowly but surely Yar A'dull is showing his hands.

By the time this President finish in office he will be no better than OBJ.

We were made to understand (just under a year ago) that RIBADU was only attending a course in KURU and will be back once he finish and our leaders are the ones who are stupid because majority of Nigerians knows that they are simply removing him (because of some powerful people like IBORI etc)

Why can't they simply say he is being redeploy. Now if Yar A'dull may then be bold enough to let his new EFCC woman chase OBJ and IBB and others, it will be dawn of a new era but I personally think this is just AGP Aodoankaa and his Rule of Law and due process nonesense. in international political language it is called status quo.

I prayed for Yar A'dull to be able to achieve something for the sake of all well meaning Nigerians but again it is my own personal opinion that even worse than OBJ, he hasn't got what it takes to lead and govern Nigeria.

I prayed that I am wrong on this for the sake of all the people of Nigeria.
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by McKren(m): 10:42pm On May 16, 2008
Believe this you will believe anything

This whole game started when Aondoakaa proclaimed that EFCC has no power to prosecute, this is simply a continuation of that game.

Guys weep for Nigeria. We have no President, this Government has been hijacked
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by pastorking(m): 10:51pm On May 16, 2008
I see the woman doing better than Ribadu. But let us watch first.
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by bawomolo(m): 11:08pm On May 16, 2008
she should be allowed to make a name for herself and not follow ribadu's legacy
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by oludayo20(m): 12:37pm On May 17, 2008
I must confess that i've lost hope in Nigeria,with a Govt that you cannot believe in!I thought we were told earlier on that Ribadu is only on a course,now they've appointed somebody to replace him,I believe this cannot happen in a civilised society,a govt taken his citizen for granted,anyway they have nothing to lose,because they don't depend on us for votes,they can always rig their way through.Thousand times we've informed about policies that they will never implement,Roads for all by 2020,Education for all by 2030 etc, yet there's nothing on ground,I bet you Yar'adua will be worse than Obasanjo.I weep for Nigerians,youth who depend on Nigeria for hope to the realization of their dreams,I read a while ago how the commissioner of police in Lagos while mufti was arrested for not given bribe to a police corporal,He should realize that this happen daily to innocent victims daily on Nigerian roads,yet life goes on,we encounter harrassment from govt agencies everyday,all trying to show how powerful they are,in Nigeria it's who you know,why wonder Nigerians are being treated in undignidying manners all around the world.
A country where fraudsters are king,corrupt people reign supreme,I often wonder if there's a sense of dignity among our so call elite again.
l wish farida well,I hope she perform the scripts they've handed out to her well,I also wish Yaradua well,because,History will judge,Innocent people dying daily on our roads,in our hospital,collapsed buildings etc.
as for me I don't see any hope nor future for a new Nigeria.
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by Tornadoz(m): 1:00pm On May 17, 2008
pastorking:

I see the woman doing better than Ribadu. But let us watch first.
Care to give us some reasons?
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by McKren(m): 5:18pm On May 18, 2008
Why exactly was the previous acting chairman Larmorde removed for another acting Chairman??

Our leaders showing contempt to us, this is what you get when you have a President that is undecided on everything.
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by yemmight(m): 5:37pm On May 20, 2008
Another sucessful coup.
Re: Behold; Another Ribadu In The Making. This Time A Woman! by tpia5: 3:51pm On Oct 11, 2011
1luvkipsus:

I pray this woman will also write her name in the BehindBased of history like Dora, Nenadi, Oby and Ngozi have done. She should not be like Iyabo, Grange, Olubumi (Etteh) etcetera. Make a name for yourself please.

are you alright?

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest Two For Distributing Cassettes Urging Muslims To Avenge Jos Killin / Rebranding: Republicans Say Nigerians Are Superb / Naira Slumps As Nigerian Central Bank Aims To Protect Reserves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.