Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University (31697 Views)

Omoshalewa Adenike-Babalola Graduates With 4.0CGPA From LASPOTECH / Dada-Ayodele UNILAG's First Graduate With 5.0 CGPA / Nigerian Graduates With First Class From Nottingham Trent University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by lafflaff123(m): 1:27am On Jul 04, 2013
How the guy no go get am for where them no dey speak English? make him go England go get am na. Na there you go know say no be power them dey use raise blockus,

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Adex097: 1:38am On Jul 04, 2013
Thank God he didn't go to OAU (a school where lectures envy their students) ..that 5.0 CGPA would have been a dream that will never come to pass...happy for him.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by SaintChukz(m): 1:38am On Jul 04, 2013
alexy147: capital ode.,appreciate good things So that you will attract good things.so because there is no GPA grading in medcine and surgery in nigeria,it wl tomatically apply to russia? Beef
You are the Capital Ode...if you don't know. How you managed to log onto this site when you are just plain senseless still beats me. The dude was right in his assertion, all you needed to do was counter him straight up if you had anything genuine to say instead of acting like a SLOWPOKE.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Vansnickers: 1:40am On Jul 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia: The thought that he is another possible shining star in the diaspora saddens me. A number of my acquaintances are disenchanted with this country and seek greener pastures abroad, youths who'll lend their energies to other countries instead of home where it is much needed for a better country in an era of globalization. Sighs !

Cry me a River.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by SaintChukz(m): 1:43am On Jul 04, 2013
lafflaff123: How the guy no go get am for where them no dey speak English? make him go England go get am na. Na there you go know say no be power them dey use raise blockus,
Is the Nigerian system not the same as the English? i.e ungraded in disciplines like Medicine at pre-clinicals.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Adex097: 1:43am On Jul 04, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

Really?
That's new... Maybe in naija sha o.
I know most EU countries uses GPA system in medicine.
Russia is not a member of EU!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Adex097: 1:46am On Jul 04, 2013
onila: NIGERIAN guys kiss
Fixed

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by SaintChukz(m): 1:46am On Jul 04, 2013
HotNaijaBabe:

Yeah! There is no G.P.A for MBBS...What exactly did he study?

#Very very impressive!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by SaintChukz(m): 1:49am On Jul 04, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

Really?
That's new... Maybe in naija sha o.
I know MOST EU countries uses GPA system in medicine.
List them? Or i tag you a liar....:|
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by SaintChukz(m): 1:54am On Jul 04, 2013
Can a dullard also be a genius? Answer = Albert Einstein was both...!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Vansnickers: 1:57am On Jul 04, 2013
Saint Chukz: Can a dullard also be a genius? Answer = Albert Einstein was both...!

How was Einstein a dullard?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 04, 2013
Another one a few days ago wink
Nigerians are taking overrrrr

[size=18pt]Tunji Olu-Taiwo celebrated as best student in North Cyprus
[/size]

Makes first class with 4.0 grade point from possible 4.0
OLUWAYINKA DADA writes on the achievement of a Nigerian student, , Tunji Anthony Olu-Taiwo, who graduated with a first class degree on the scale of 4.00 out of a possible 4.00, at the Faculty of Engineering, Eastern Mediterranean University in the Turkish Republic of North Cyprus, thus emerging the best graduating student in the institution.
Nigerians outside the country, especially, the youth, most of which are students and entrepreneurs, have been making the nation proud with their successive victories and record- breaking achievements in recent times.
Indeed, not minding the controversial image of Nigeria, home and abroad, the country’s nationals in foreign land, most especially students, are worth celebrating for their intelligence, as they keep on winning laurels for the country.
One of such students is Tunji Anthony Olu-Taiwo, who emerged the best student at the Eastern Mediterranean University in the Turkish Republic of Cyprus.
Olu-Taiwo, as an engineering student of the institution, graduated with a first class degree with a 4.0 Cumulative Grade Point (CGP) out of possible 4.0, thereby not only emerging the best student of his faculty, he also made history as the first black and African to record such a feat in the institution.
Really, Olu-Taiwo is the pride of Nigeria in far away Eastern country of Cyprus and in the country’s foremost institution, Eastern Mediterranean University founded in 1979 with a population of over 13,500 students from 67 countries.
According to the school’s record, the university was initially established as an Institute of Technology, and for this reason, engineering fields was considered as its founding departments, likewise it was then seen as a higher-educational institution of technology for Turkish Cypriots.
Today, Eastern Mediterranean University is regarded as the oldest and largest university in the Island of Cyprus.
Then, as a result of the importance attached to the Olu-Taiwo’s ground breaking achievement, the president of Cyprus, Dervis Eroglu, in an elaborate ceremony personally presented Olu-Taiwo with a merit award tagged: The status of High Honours (First Class) award from the President of the Turkish Republic of North Cyprus.
Thereafter, the president graciously waited till the end of the ceremony as a way of honouring the celebrant.
Olu-Taiwo, already is in early 20s, is an indigene of Ifako-Ijaiye Local Government area of Lagos State, but was born in Kano State, where he had both his primary and secondary education.
He attended Air Force Nursery and Primary School, Kano and St. Thomas Secondary School in Kano. While growing up, Olu-Taiwo developed a passion for system programming.
This is why he said he spent most of his time in developing great and popular mobile application.
Olu-Taiwo’s dream is to become a reputable software engineer, as he said he intends to improve the world of computing.w This he has started with a first class honour he made in engineering.
What you should know about Olu-Taiwo is that, besides scholarly activities, he is not just an engineer, he also has interest in playing chess, listening to music and plays the station games.
Olu-Taiwo loves software development and hopes that one day he would use his knowledge to change Nigeria and the world.
But now, having obtained his degree, he had decided to further his education in the field of software engineering.
http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/component/k2/item/15440-tunji-olu-taiwo-celebrated-as-best-student-in-north-cyprus.html

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by SaintChukz(m): 1:59am On Jul 04, 2013
I am more interested on how this thread made Frontpage cos i know a similar one (the one on the girl with a 4.0 CGPA in her Msc from US) like this which didn't. Is it that you have to bribe a Mod or what..?
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by airmark(m): 2:05am On Jul 04, 2013
Saint Chukz: I am more interested in how this thread made Frontpage cos i know a similar one (the one on the girl with 4.0 CGPA in her Msc from US) like this which didn't. Is it that you have bribe a Mod or what..?

Fine-tune this first.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by SaintChukz(m): 2:08am On Jul 04, 2013
Van snickers:

How was Einstein a dullard?
Goggle and Read up on his early life.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by SaintChukz(m): 2:10am On Jul 04, 2013
airmark:

Fine-tune this first.
Typo...! I already did that. In your mind, you are Eagle-eye or Hawk-eye...which one..?
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by DollyParton1(f): 2:12am On Jul 04, 2013
Saint Chukz: List them? Or i tag you a liar....:|
I don't have to list them.
I studied medicine in Poland.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Nobody: 2:14am On Jul 04, 2013
Saint Chukz: Goggle and Read up on his early life.

It's a popularly believed fallacy actually. Einstein was a genius from the onset. He mastered calculus before he turned 15.

Anyway, good luck to Victor. I hope he does well in the future rather than disappearing into oblivion like the other 'geniuses' we've been hearing of in the past.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by SaintChukz(m): 2:16am On Jul 04, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

I don't have to list them.
I studied medicine in Poland.
Is that not eastern europe if i'm not mistaken...So how does that translate to most EU countries?
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by DollyParton1(f): 2:18am On Jul 04, 2013
Saint Chukz: Is that not eastern europe if i'm not mistaken...So how does that translate to most EU countries?

And u are sure other EU countries don't use the same system?
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by SaintChukz(m): 2:23am On Jul 04, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

And u are sure other EU countries don't use the same system?
i should be the one asking this same question in reverse, not that i doubt you @ all cos i have a friend who is currently studying medicine in Ukraine and they use the CGPA system but then Poland and Ukraine are similar and almost the same. So i doubt if that's what obtains in Western european countries like in the UK for example.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Nobody: 2:26am On Jul 04, 2013
HotNaijaBabe:

Yeah! There is no G.P.A for MBBS...What exactly did he study?

#Very very impressive!

I doubt you've been outside Nigeria, tbh.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Nobody: 2:28am On Jul 04, 2013
Lordave: dey their dey grow, your mate for monkey don get grand children.

I'll let it slide.

However, I hope the mods can take note cos if and when I retaliate, I don't want people blaming me for being too vicious and abusive.

And is it a crime to be sarcastic on these sides? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by DollyParton1(f): 2:30am On Jul 04, 2013
Saint Chukz: i should be the one asking this same question in reverse, not that i doubt you @ all cos i have a friend who is currently studying medicine in Ukraine and they use the CGPA system but then Poland and Ukraine are similar and almost the same. So i doubt if that's what obtains in Western european countries like in the UK for example.
So you have no idea of what were talking about before.
Poland is totally different from Ukraine. And if u noticed, I said most EU countries which means most countries in the European Union. All these countries have similar laws that guide them, hence they tend to have similar way of grading student. United Kingdom uses GPA, malta, ireland,
And no, Ukraine is not an EU country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by SaintChukz(m): 2:32am On Jul 04, 2013
Cori_corde:

It's a popularly believed fallacy actually. Einstein was a genius from the onset. He mastered calculus before he turned 15.

Anyway, good luck to Victor. I hope he does well in the future rather than disappearing into oblivion like the other 'geniuses' we've been hearing of.

Cool response here...!
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by iykmilo: 2:40am On Jul 04, 2013
Great achievement there. This is another gifted one. Congrats
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Nobody: 2:43am On Jul 04, 2013
Einstein was overrated, so was Pythagoras, Avogadro, Aristotle, Hippocrates etc..

However, Sir Isaac Newton was a genius.

Imhotep was the greatest genius to walk this planet. wink

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by aaidel(m): 2:43am On Jul 04, 2013
hmmmmmm dont think medical degrees are graded with GPA or CGPA basically its a pass or fail thing maybe he was the best student in the faculty another question is the cowbell award in 2006 was for what i thought the cowbell competitions were only for secondary school students?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by DollyParton1(f): 2:45am On Jul 04, 2013
ShyM-X:
Einstein was overrated, so was Pythagoras, Avogadro, Aristotle, Hippocrates etc..

However, Sir Isaac was a genius.

Imhotep was the greatest genius to walk this planet. wink

And you are a genius I guess.
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by SaintChukz(m): 2:46am On Jul 04, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

Poland is totally different from Ukraine. And if u noticed, I said most EU countries which means most countries in the European Union. All these countries have similar laws that guide them, hence they tend to have similar way of grading student. United Kingdom uses GPA, malta, ireland,
You didn't get my point, you only rushed to post a reply, i didn't say Ukraine was the same as Poland, i only said they were similar @ least by regional politics. And they are also part of the eastern block. Now, what system do you think we copied down here in Nigeria? The Uk system doesn't(and i'm sure of this)use the CGPA system at the pre-clinical stage. Just for my enlightenment....Please where does the Ukraine belong to in Europe..?
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by Nobody: 2:47am On Jul 04, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

And you are a genius I guess.

And where did I allude to myself as being a genius?

Most of these people plagiarized other people's works and all the laws the rest postulated have been discarded into the dust bin of science. They might have been "genuises" to ignorant people in the medieval ages but not anymore. Get it?
Re: Nigerian Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Russian University by airmark(m): 2:50am On Jul 04, 2013
Dolly-Parton:

Some peeps are too ludicrous to be replied. They thought the educational system in nigeria is what entails across the world. My friend studied in russia and confirmed they use GPA in medical degrees. People should be sure of what they spit here.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Entry Requirements For OAU "Omega Chicks Circle", Ladies-Only Group / Grammarians Please I Need Help In This Sentence / Landmark University In Pictures

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.