Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? (13257 Views)

The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) / See What A Lady Cooked For Her Man ! / Picture Of Jollof Rice Been Cooked By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Deiok(m): 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
banana mashed into garri with 7up beverage. Belle tell me nah.

2 Likes

Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Appliedmaths(m): 6:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
Bread nd custard....*indomie nd bread......*any soup with white rice...# and guess what, I'm still doing it.. We still they school ooooo.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Sike(m): 6:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
Jollof rice with those "colorful ata gun-gun" like that.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by kwAzzIEkEEd(m): 6:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
(1) Raw garri mixed with palm oil,maggi,salt and a lil bit of water..''guzguz''.
(2) Beans and cabin biscuit.
(3) Palm oil rice wit tea.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by lordnammy(m): 6:34pm On Jul 13, 2013
In secondary school: garri, water, biscuit milk and sugar. we have to do this before going for prep by 7 pm so that before we (me and my cornermates) come back by 10pm we will have enough rising for the night we called it soak and travel

1 Like

Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Ay111(m): 6:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
I recall d first concotion I made...dat was in my first year in d University, in Angola hall. Despite Being a novice @ cooking, I attempted cooking rice n beans with stew den. I boiled the rice nd beans quite alright. Wen it came to preparing the stew, I poured groundnut oil into d frying pan, allowed it to get heated up for a while, after which I just added raw tomato paste, turned it wif d oil in the pan, sliced onions into it, added salt n maggi, nd continued stirring. D taste was beyond awful mehn.....infact d kin laff wey my roomates use me laff dat day ehn....I didn't nid a soothsayer to tell me I needed to learn d cooking basics asap...lol
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by zhukafa(m): 6:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
lordnammy: In secondary school: garri, water, biscuit milk and sugar. we have to do this before going for prep by 7 pm so that before we (me and my cornermates) come back by 10pm we will have enough rising for the night we called it soak and travel

Which secondary school did you attend?
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
Eba and okro soup with boiled egg(could not afford meat or fish), groundnut and custard, melon soup cooked with snails picked from nearby bushes, etc.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by UD101(m): 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
Bread n Peanuts
Once Boiled riCE wit 7up 'cos there ΨåS̤̈̊ water scArcity @ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ Time, atE wiT AvacadO Pear; vry swt I must confess. Man must wack durinG exam TimE Nah
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
As a confam Ajepako,iv eaten all d concotions here wit d exception of soaked indomie..Me no lyk indomie sef,It a fud 4 d ajebotas.....btw,d craiziest combination iv eva eaten durin mai dploma days was RICE+BEANS+SPAG prepared wit Palm oil and 4 cubes of royco grin....and ordinary beans and spag na normal fud na,I lov it a lot.....God bless skul lyf,God bless unigwagz
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Godson201333(m): 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
Indomie soaked with ordinary water,That makes it plentyyyyy..

Cabin Biscuit soaked with milk and sugar.

Biscuit with butter??
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Neduzze5(m): 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ah

Dem plenty wella

Una don't mention most of them

But I chop this one wells

SOAKED GARRI AND OKPA ENUGU

grin grin grin
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by oladele7: 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
Rice,Ata gungun, maggi and palm oil.i love the burnt side.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by FoRgEteD: 7:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
Okpa and Custard.
Okpa and G4.
Indomie and Bread
Jollof rice with palm oil.
Custard and Indomie
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by oladele7: 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2013
Bread, egg and coke. Though ma book me down till next semester. Thank God for mummy popular
Bida standard!
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Nexusz(m): 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
Kunu nd groundnut or noodles nd garri, try them out, can make u forget ur name. Haha.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by elder05(m): 7:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
Indomie and bread, try it and Its bye bye to hunger 4 that day.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Phammy(m): 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
Guys eating milk with anyfin u still get money a day to exam o boi i cooked indomie, yam,beans together @ once hm so delicious
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Dankarara(m): 7:35pm On Jul 13, 2013
Bread and palm oil. Boil rice and groundnut oil mix wit pepper and salt. Ogogoro and bread
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Nadoson: 7:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
Haahaahaaa!!!, Diz reminds me of doz days back den. I woz an espat in cookin CONK. mostly rice. (washin rice with cold water, put palm oil, 1/4 of a piece of onion, peper & salt vrytin added whil d pot was stil on d ground). Afta dat, d pot wil b eleviated on d stove wch wil keep evry eye on watch & turn us into watchdog over d stove.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by makzeze: 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
I ate garri mixed with water,milk and fried groundnut while in boarding school.
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by weazley(m): 8:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
soakin garri and digestive biscuit
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Bofemsky(f): 8:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
[quote author=zhukafa]Ind[color=#006600][/color]omie soaked in cold water and left over night to rise .

My dear , the thing dey full the bowl which it was soaked in.
quote] grin
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by kenny987(f): 8:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
Eba and geisha! Boil water n make eba, den strip d paper off d tin of geisha n put tin inside hot water 2 warm up; open n pour into a plate and voila! Chop don set! Dis was back in Secondary Skool
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by lordnammy(m): 8:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
zhukafa:

Which secondary school did you attend?
Special Science School Azigbo
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by greatestman(m): 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
equisi soup join it with white rice
stew without tomato
garri with salt
Tuwo with palm oil
Rice, Maggi, Salt
@FUTY guys suffer @ Abuja hostel aka Usman Nagogo
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by lordnammy(m): 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
Back then in secondary school they don't allow cooking, In SSII we will cook by 12 am, if we mistakenly sleep other set of guys will raid us, Re filling the pot with water or even sand as they case maybe. At critical period then, men dey eat from pot that is still on fire, if you no fit hustle hunger go kill u. My senior Secondary sweet die
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by ooofreezy(m): 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
Y'all have no Idea of what concotion rice look like: add all ur ingredient starting from grounded pepper, salt, groundnut oil, maggi. Tomato paste is optional! U go fear rice! But that's the way we eat it back then and it was sweet even when it lacks proper ingedient!
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Encoredme(m): 9:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ay111: I recall d first concotion I made...dat was in my first year in d University, in Angola hall. Despite Being a novice @ cooking, I attempted cooking rice n beans with stew den. I boiled the rice nd beans quite alright. Wen it came to preparing the stew, I poured groundnut oil into d frying pan, allowed it to get heated up for a while, after which I just added raw tomato paste, turned it wif d oil in the pan, sliced onions into it, added salt n maggi, nd continued stirring. D taste was beyond awful mehn.....infact d kin laff wey my roomates use me laff dat day ehn....I didn't nid a soothsayer to tell me I needed to learn d cooking basics asap...lol
Of The Greatest Gbagba!
Great Ife!
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
1)Ebange (Eba and Geisha) - Eba made with hot water gotten from pouring water to run down hot iron. Geisha was used as soup and spices were added to make it nice.
2) Soaking indomie in cold water or using boiling ring
3) Frying egg using hot iron.

Mehn, things done in boarding school back in the day. And this was a private school o
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by Samtoris: 9:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
Rice wit palm oil,yam+indomie nice combo ;DRice wit palm oil,yam+indomie nice combo
Re: Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? by wwwkaycom(m): 9:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
rice + palm oil
rice + beans + palm oil
kulikuli + garri
garri + nothing, left for like 2 hours to swell in water
okrosoup + lafun
eba + nothing at cholera joint, SUB, are there UNAABITES in da house?
Those were great days men, I ate garri + kulikuli 2 weeks ago and my wife passionately begged me not to give it to the children, my ajebutter wife has neva tasted any such thing in her life, whao, she missed so much. Its exiting to tell good stories, cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do You Drink Malt Drinks? / Preparing Isi Ewu / Introducing The Nines’ Newest Brand Ambassadors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.