Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? (42499 Views)

Most Annoying TV Adverts / What Is The Most Annoying Tv Advert Of 2013 So Far? / Most Annoying Nigerian Actors/Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by kliq(m): 10:56am On Jul 08, 2013
trent9002: That indomie "Mama do good" advert. One word, Horrible
wow...bin waitin to see dat....jus don't knw why I dislike dat...+ d honeywell too"bam la la" damn!
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by mustspin: 11:01am On Jul 08, 2013
the airtel talk more advert, the one saying something about wearing three wrist-watches. very shallow advert
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by kliq(m): 11:02am On Jul 08, 2013
Vanneni: He's funny. Even the way he looks and carries himself is funny.
funny? Oh yeah "the looks" true dat ugly can be funny too...lol
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by mufasapapasanta(m): 11:02am On Jul 08, 2013
grin grin grin[dat dude is crazy!even a primary 2 pupil no fit make this kind blonda! May G̲̣̣̣̥od̶̲̥̅̊ save us ooh frm d hands of english terrorist quote author=Lordave]at times I wonder wether na like this dem born you abi you just dey joke ni.[/quote]
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by kliq(m): 11:06am On Jul 08, 2013
ItsModella: Mine is that foolish Knorr chicken advert where some old woman was looking through the kitchen cabinets for chicken because she thought the daughter hid it. Like wtf is that?
lol...anoda stupid 1
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by jonot: 11:09am On Jul 08, 2013
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by ItsModella: 9:50pm On Jul 07
Mine is that foolish Knorr chicken advert where some old woman was looking through the kitchen cabinets for chicken because she thought the daughter hid it. Like wtf is that?

I'm not familiar with a lot of the ads mentioned but I totally agree with the above. I still saw it last night & that advert annoys me to no end.
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 08, 2013
the most annoying for me 'll be the bank advert where one banker guy did one stupid dance to clear traffic. angry smh
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by kliq(m): 11:21am On Jul 08, 2013
clow: The one that really pisses me off is that COSON advert where the guy quit his Job because his boss would not allow him go for a Concert...in his words"Nna Men, I love this Job but I Quit" undecided undecided undecided
I look at this advert and I'm like WTF,thhis is just dumb....any1 else seen it?
lmao....I love dat advert cus of d "Nna men"
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by TheRealMrStan(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2013
From the comments i've read thus far,it seems Nigerian Ad agencies have failed to deliver good quality CREATIVE tv AdS for Nigerian brands. The South Africans are way ahead of us.

Those of us that watch foreign tv stations can attest to the fact that tv commercials are also part and parcel of tv entertainment.

In Nigeria all our brand managers want to do is get their message across by any means necessary without considering the sensibilities of viewers.

Many (not me) have also suggested that the majority of Nigerian audience have low IQs,hence, unlike foreign tv Ads where the names of the product/brand may not even get mentioned all through the Ad; Nigerian Ads rely heavily on constant REPETITION of brand message,service,pay off line and call to action. This can be very annoying.

www.mrstanleynwabia..com
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by eightsin(m): 11:44am On Jul 08, 2013
That mtn advert that osofia n patience ozokwo(pardon my spellings) whr osofia carried a goat...chivita advert, malaria don kpafokaa advert...so damn annoying.
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 08, 2013
solelymade: unemployment in display folks keepin tabs on useless advert...una beta find beta job do or move to the next thread
...erhm...posters and visitors to this thread maybe consumers,brandmanagers, advert practitiones or rep of advert agencies...this is nairaland...do the maths...do U get the picture? ..+there is nothing althogether useless,it just may pay somebody somewhere if they layed some of these contributions to heart, no matter how insignificant it may seem...this is a FORUM..a good number of people here may be gainfully employed,don't you think?

1 Like

Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by eban11: 11:48am On Jul 08, 2013
glo advert was whack becos i couldnt even hear wat dy wer sayin,unlike mtn's advert wer u can hear proply..segun eyesrinze just fal his hand in dat viju..and dat big brother advert is stupid,y did d teacher nt ask her futher maths qustion y social studies..lol
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by kliq(m): 11:49am On Jul 08, 2013
myners007 :
guiness advert my broda femi nd nta news kpara kan kpan kpan kpan.
dats I lovely advert...1759 allway
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by Darey00(m): 12:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
Lool.. They are actually 2. Anyone who watches d EPL on DSTV may av seen a (is it a Nescafé or Ovaltine advert?) where a player wanna play a penalty,one mumu guy come carry tea tell am say "if u think u can do it,u can. If u think u can't,u are also right".. After dat d player played d penalty nd scored. All d yeye guy cn do is jst 2 laff and drink his tea alone.
2nd is that one stupid ad,of semovita.. Can u imagine a full-grown man coming home and dancing in front of his wife like a retarded idiot,d cause of his joy was 2 bags of semo he placed at d back of his car
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by vicarlicious: 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2013
Shegun arinzes viju milk add. Is the worst advert ever...abeg we expect something better.i love d mama too good and am walking on sunshine add(Ovaltine).
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by ogele: 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2013
IBTC Advert and the detol advert where a guy was playing a basket ball with a blue jessy.... Omo that guy mouth wide no be small..

1 Like

Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by olaolaking: 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2013
Kampe powder. That advert really miss road. They for limit the advert to only people of Saki in Oyo state to avoid national embarrassment
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by BashToks: 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
Amoshie: Please what is the meaning of that stupid Big Brother Africa advert? e b lyk say if u dey watch BBA u go sharp for class.

Lmao!! That advert was actually trying to justify BBA itself.. that its a program that brings people of different social background together.. Doesnt mean am still gona watch tho :p
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by BashToks: 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2013
Nwoka: Mine is that hungry man size advert!... tf they mean by they feeding nigerians... as if indomie is free and e dey full belle.... i also hate lipton adverts...i mean why dont they put milk in their tea.... liars.....and omo advert...like you jus put it and d stain will go....dem never see my brother socks!

Lmao!! Yor brother's socks or urs
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by eban11: 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
ogele: IBTC Advert and the detol advert where a guy was playing a basket ball with a blue jessy.... Omo that guy mouth wide no be small..
..lol that ad was d most irritating advrt iv watchd especialy when the boy just sat on the couch with sweat al over his body witi his kpomo lips
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by uyogabie(f): 12:32pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hollandia custard with Nkiru Sylvanus,Viju and another that featured Jide kosoko.God have mercy.
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by dove2012ng(m): 12:50pm On Jul 08, 2013
tejpot: Bonababe, that advert is extremely annoying. There is this other advert, I can't remember d name of d product, where d man came in from work and said to his wife 'shes so sweet, I love her. Only for the wife to start searching for a lady under d car seat
Its semovita advert jare..
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by blueeyes1: 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
BE811APP:

Awwww Blue eyes, Missed u lots..
Missing ur updates!!
Its well with u...
Amen. Tnx dear,hope to update regularly.tnx for visiting my thread,muah
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by ibiso1986: 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2013
P.Stacks:
One Power drink advert like that, its marketed and distributed by Orange drugs Nigeria PLC.

Its about the trio of Manchester City players,
Yaya Toure, David Silva and Sergio Aguero.

The advert was so gotdanm annoying, the Players were obviously saying something else from what the TV audio had and it got me thinking its all dis photo shopped videos, those players wouldn't have been aware orange drugs used them in that Advert.

I'm thinking if Yaya Toure or any of the other players or even Manchester city, sees that advert, they can sue Orange drugs for damages, and using trade mark content without authorisation..

Real men, drink Extrajoss, or whatever d name was..
I think that's the drink that crashed the Super Eagles out from the Confederation's cup.
When u drink that kind of drink how would you be able to play ball.
Steven Gerald drank Lucozade boost in his advert and he played well, Super eagle go dey drink shepe and they wan soar..
guy, u don speak my mind.. Its photoshopped and audioshopped
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by Cestmoi1(f): 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
nufin pisses me off than saka's advert for etisalat.i switch d channel anytym i stumble on it.
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by Mustay(m): 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2013
Adagba1: The one that annoys me most is that man that is always advertising for UBA his hair is too bushy
That's Isaac Moses, presenter of Gogé Africa. He plaits his hair so maybe he just had to leave it that way for ad. Perhaps, the guys behind it were thinking of his persona across Africa undecided
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by ModupeJ(f): 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2013
[quote author=ItsModella]Mine is that foolish Knorr chicken advert where some old woman was looking through the kitchen cabinets for chicken because she thought the daughter hid it. Like wtf is that?[/quote
On point! Lol
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by rubi96(f): 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2013
those two were targeted at the kids and they like it. hardly will you see kids who don't know the songs.
kliq: wow...bin waitin to see dat....jus don't knw why I dislike dat...+ d honeywell too"bam la la" damn!
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by honeeyplum(f): 1:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
I use to think viju advert is d world's lamest until I stumbled on a Zambia tv station dat advertise 'Tinka crazy corn' and fresh fish.....seriously ao can u call a corn crazy n expect patronage....I nearly burst into tears
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by ModupeJ(f): 1:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
Mystery 1: The orange drugs advert where a woman couldnt go to the party because of ill-health and the husband WAS GLAD.Eventually she took the bloody drug and came to the party.She met the hubby dancing with a lady and he had heart attack immediately he sighted the wife.

Very useless advert. kiss kiss

No ohhh! Very intresting advert
Re: The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV? by donodion(m): 1:57pm On Jul 08, 2013
[quote author=kokoA]Malaria own don kpafuka! Malaria own don kpafuka.. And that agbaya segun viju milk.[/quote
Dude,that was one of the funniest radio adverts.I could remember one day I was at the pharmacy shop trying to buy antibiotics when one SE man came in.He looked distressed and weak while I would never forget his request that day.
SE man- "auntie,biko,em there is this anti malaria,chei,as my body dey,and I don forget the name"
"Pharmacist attendant-"ok sir,but can recollect the color of the pack and probably any name printed on the pack at all?
"SE man-" emm,chei,no I can't,but dem dey play d advertisment for radio,where one man dey sing ,"malaria own e don pafuka,malaria own don pafuka
We all burst out laughing except the man cos yours truly,he was ill.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

BBNaija: Wathoni Evicted From Big Brother House / Frodd Facial Expression When Gedoni Said He Will Date Khafi Outside The House / The Website I Can Download Season Films

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.