Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike (35160 Views)

ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? / ASUP Strike Called Off With No Demand Fulfilled? / Senate Moves To Stop Post-UME Tests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by Phrankin(m): 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
exxell:

Voila.... Clear evidence(s) of why there is discrimination against HND holders!
Your engish is far from flawless. Look at what you typed carefully and correct yourself.
Hint: "evidences" "of why".
ps. As a pot you are, stop calling kettle black.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by ayoolagbenga: 5:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
spiritfada: THE Senate has waded into the 67-day-old strike by the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics ASUP, raising hope of imminent resolution.

President of ASUP, Dr. Chibuzor Asomugha, said yesterday that the Senate Committee on Education has intervened to end the protracted industrial action.

According to him:”The Senate Committee has pledged to intervene and meet with the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) and the Office of Accountant-General of the Federation with a view to sorting out issues around the completion of appointment of members of governing councils of six polytechnics and the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System (IPPIS) imbroglio.”

Asomugha, who described the ASUP meeting with Senate Committee as fruitful, said “specific assignments were given to different stakeholders with Tuesday next week as deadline for results.”

Present at the intervention meeting were members of the Senate Committee on Education, Education Minister, Professor Ruqayyatu Rufa’i and Minister of Labour and Productivity,  Chief Emeka Wogu.

Also present were Executive Secretary of the National Board for Technical Education, NBTE, Dr. Mas’udu A. Kazaure;  National Publicity Secretary, ASUP, Mr. Clement Chairman; Permanent Secretary (Education) and Director of Establishment (Head Of Service)

It would be recalled that ASUP embarked on nationwide indefinite strike on April 29 over what they termed Federal Government’s insensitivity to its demands.

ASUP is asking government to adequately fund polytechnics, appoint qualified rectors in Nigerian Polytechnics, and resolve the issue of integrated polytechnic pay-roll system, among others.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/senate-moves-to-end-67-day-old-asup-strike/
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by ewoma1989(f): 5:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
Uzodarling: True talk broda I Ω̴̩̩̩̥Ơ̴̴͡ know y all dis poly dudes want answer engineers instead of technicians ά̲̣̥πϑ technologist wen dem Ω̴̩̩̩̥Ơ̴̴͡ fit pass common post UME enter university.......M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ Engineering degree Ω̴̩̩̩̥Ơ̴̴͡ be beans if dem Ω̴̩̩̩̥Ơ̴̴͡ like poly again with better GP dem F̶̲̥̅̊☺ґ enter university through direct entry
na....mtscheeeeew

U be Fool of life.......if u die na d Bsc go Resurrect u .....bombo oshi!

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by bingbagbo(m): 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2013
grin grin grin ;Dhttp://www.nairaland.com/1350135/barter-trade-fiction-nairaland-characters
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by bingbagbo(m): 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by Aedesmuskeeto: 6:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
#Murmurs.. If that clueless retardeen no wan make devil punish am, make im settle ASUU quick ooo...

#Slams door.!!!
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by godman01(m): 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
Let this be strike number 2 solved o.
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by kayusbrown(m): 6:19pm On Jul 07, 2013
double3:
Young fellow,u can't expect to be trained as a technician n wanto end up answering an engineer,u should know better. In the field of engineering, we have the engineers, the technicians, the technologist, the craftmen, and the artisans. So u can't be trained to be a crafts man or technologist n come out tomorrow n wanto rub shoulders with an engineering degree holder; I don't think its done anywhere in the world(u can quote me on that)
Moreover before applying to go to a polytechnic, I think u should have been aware of th degree u would be given at th end of ur program, so please let's stop all these sentimental bullshit n play our roles according to our academic background. Or tomorrow u should not be surprised when a brick layer comes out n start making noise tht he can build houses while a civil engr. cannot do so, so therefore they should be allowed to answer th tile of an engr. (Lol)

Ignorance smells all over your post. It is folks like you that continue to perpetuate this evil discrimination because of the fear that HND holders might outshine their degree holder counterparts if placed at same level.

It is only in Nigeria that the engineering degree holder assumes the title 'Engineer' is meant only for engineering University graduates. This explains why COREN is more concerned about titles at the expense of technological advancement of the nation. For your information, even the Engineering Craftmen are ENGINEERS at their own level if you know what engineering really mean.
The HND holders are not interested in titles. All they demand is justice. If what constitutes a bachelor's degree internationally is success in minimum of 120 credit hours of courses in higher institution of learning, why is Nigeria HND not accepted as equivalent to a bachelor's degree when an average HND holder must have completed successfuly courses not less than 140 credit hours(ND courses inclusive cos it's the pre-requisite to HND)?

7 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by double3(m): 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
kayusbrown:

Ignorance smells all over your post. It is folks like you that continue to perpetuate this evil discrimination because of the fear that HND holders might outshine their degree holder counterparts if placed at same level.

It is only in Nigeria that the engineering degree holder assumes the title 'Engineer' is meant only for engineering University graduates. This explains why COREN is more concerned about titles at the expense of technological advancement of the nation. For your information, even the Engineering Craftmen are ENGINEERS at their own level if you know what engineering really mean.
The HND holders are not interested in titles. All they demand is justice. If what constitutes a bachelor's degree internationally is success in minimum of 120 credit hours of courses in higher institution of learning, why is Nigeria HND not accepted as equivalent to a bachelor's degree when an average HND holder must have completed successfuly courses not less than 140 credit hours(ND courses inclusive cos it's the pre-requisite to HND)?
Hahahahah...fellow please take out time and google this sentence "who is an engineer". Thanks
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by buoye1(m): 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
double3:
Young fellow,u can't expect to be trained as a technician n wanto end up answering an engineer,u should know better. In the field of engineering, we have the engineers, the technicians, the technologist, the craftmen, and the artisans. So u can't be trained to be a crafts man or technologist n come out tomorrow n wanto rub shoulders with an engineering degree holder; I don't think its done anywhere in the world(u can quote me on that)
Moreover before applying to go to a polytechnic, I think u should have been aware of th degree u would be given at th end of ur program, so please let's stop all these sentimental bullshit n play our roles according to our academic background. Or tomorrow u should not be surprised when a brick layer comes out n start making noise tht he can build houses while a civil engr. cannot do so, so therefore they should be allowed to answer th tile of an engr. (Lol)
......Dis is correct bro.I attended Federal polytechnic Bauchi wch I had my diploma in Electrical/Electronics Engineering so I opted 4 a direct entry,it was then I knew d diffrnce btw a a Polytechnic& a University...there is dis course Engineering in society,it highlighted everything..an HND holder is a technician while a Btech holder is an Engineer pls dey r nt equivalent.......tnx
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by Tekecoms1(m): 7:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
You can actually go 4 ur master degree programme in USA after ur HND program. Call me 4 more info on 07033031385. To hell with PGD.
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by Tekecoms1(m): 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
U can run ur masters in the US after ur hnd. Its certain. Too sure a process. Call me 4 extensive and comprehensive enquiry on 07033031385. Leke.
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by Noblejkz(m): 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
Funny enough, even the degree holders still believe they are better off. Then let a level playing ground be provided for both lets see who outclasses the other. Lets forget the squables and face facts. A friend in ND1 once wrote exam for a 300level student at IMSU. What a shame!

3 Likes

Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by Itoroetti(m): 7:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
double3:

People like u are blind but they can see.tell me what u over in the uni that they poly guys are not offerrng,are u better than them?have u created any impact that they haven't?
Why are people dis myopic and biase?
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by chubaba1(m): 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
Only ASUP, wot abt ASUU?
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by Medalist13: 7:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
Government shuld jst meet dia dmands, so dey'll call d strike off abeg, I need 2 collect my result nd head 2 d nxt level.
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by josgolf(m): 8:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
sisipelebe: y wont poly gradute rub shoulders wit u guys? Can u imagine a Bsc graduate n elect/elect cant even instal dis liltle wiring connectn nd dey claim 2 b eng. Engneer my ass.... I kn d fact stil remains dat polytechnic graduate ar regarded as technologist/technicians.... Wen it comes it comes 2 skills we r beta dan our counterpt!
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by josgolf(m): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
sisipelebe: y wont poly gradute rub shoulders wit u guys? Can u imagine a Bsc graduate n elect/elect cant even instal dis liltle wiring connectn nd dey claim 2 b eng. Engneer my ass.... I kn d fact stil remains dat polytechnic graduate ar regarded as technologist/technicians.... Wen it comes it comes 2 skills we r beta dan our counterpt!
yes,u av d skills quite alright but u dnt av enough theoritical background to explain why those skills exist....in d field of engineering,all d different tiers all av a role 2 play n as such interdependent...forexample,d engineer cant work without a band of technologists,so also does d latter cant work without a technician.,there's
no need of arguing which is more superior...if u knw what u came 4 wherever u ar studyin,nt even d govt can stop u 4rm being wat God has ordaind u 2 be...if u ar oportund 2 b a BSC holder thank God,HND holder,NCE n what have you,just thank God n b determind,d sky is ur stepn stone
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by josgolf(m): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
yes,u av d skills quite alright but u dnt av enough theoritical background to explain why those skills exist....in d field of engineering,all d different tiers all av a role 2 play n as such interdependent...forexample,d engineer cant work without a band of technologists,so also does d latter cant work without a technician.,there's
no need of arguing which is more superior...if u knw what u came 4 wherever u ar studyin,nt even d govt can stop u 4rm being wat God has ordaind u 2 be...if u ar oportund 2 b a BSC holder thank God,HND holder,NCE n what have you,just thank God n b determind,d sky is ur stepn stone
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by erayo2GCA(m): 8:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
double3:

mumu

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
Zeeworld:
Owkay, sabi man..

Guy no one is against dat fact k buh d discrimination is jusst too much n u dnt hv to sound insultive abt it!gosh!!
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
double3:

Guy u no get sense!idiot
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by amacastel: 8:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
josgolf: yes,u av d skills quite alright but u dnt av enough theoritical background to explain why those skills exist....in d field of engineering,all d different tiers all av a role 2 play n as such interdependent...forexample,d engineer cant work without a band of technologists,so also does d latter cant work without a technician.,there's
no need of arguing which is more superior...if u knw what u came 4 wherever u ar studyin,nt even d govt can stop u 4rm being wat God has ordaind u 2 be...if u ar oportund 2 b a BSC holder thank God,HND holder,NCE n what have you,just thank God n b determind,d sky is ur stepn stone.
I really feel sorry for u may God deliver u from spirit of pride without brain,hanging empty shoulder and ignorance u need deliverance indeed infact u ar an illiterate bsc graduate. Those useless cultist wey no dy enta class all of them na bsc graduate abi. My dear get life pls and try defend ur sort out empty bsc

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by stevoski059(m): 8:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
Noblejkz: Funny enough, even the degree holders still believe they are better off. Then let a level playing ground be provided for both lets see who outclasses the other. Lets forget the squables and face facts. A friend in ND1 once wrote exam for a 300level student at IMSU. What a shame!
you are very stupid for mentioningthe great Imo State University here.g
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by Electronzeez(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2013
Tee-gurlee.:
ASUU nko?
first strike first attend to.
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by iverson2319(m): 9:36pm On Jul 07, 2013
chu-baba:
Only ASUP, wot abt ASUU?
august 29
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by olainfinity(m): 9:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
Eyaaa sori guy,see a university student that can not differeciate btw the function of building tech and civil engineer,ur admission is some how self.even u urself u dnt even knw wat u are saying,MUMUuuuu.
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by Dubemkelly(m): 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
Something needs 2 be done as regards ASUU....Beefing does not pose a way forward
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 07, 2013
double3:
Laughs.... My sister don't take it personal,speaking on your comment; I think its not the function of an engineer to wire a building,an engineers function is to draw the wiring diagram( design the wiring plan) while the technician does the actual wiring; so don't be surprised if the managing director of PHCN cannot wire his house(laughs).
C'mon, all is lack of proper training. Imagine, a computer science university graduate who cannot program but have good CGPA, what do u call that? Mayb he can be called a programming director grin . The basic point is, try to know every necessary nd important thing in yr field. If u say an elect/elect graduate should'nt know how wire a house, then, his certificate does not worth it cos Nigeria does not need people like that. What is wiring diagram as you earlier talked abt? Wiring diagram is the diagram that shows the physical installation and actual position of component in an equipment. If thats all what u expect an elect engineer to know nd do, i pity the future of our great country.

1 Like

Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
Don't mind "bouble3" or watever his name is!hez a loser n knws nuthing rather than confusing himself with stupid mixture of words!WTF is wiring diagram!u sld b in nursery1.foolish boi
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by Gabrinoz: 10:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
double3:

Maybach Exelero

Cost: $8,000,000

This car of the cars, Maybach Exelero holds the number one position as the most expensive car in the World.

The Elelero came into existence because of a competition among the students of the Pforzheim Polytechnic Department of Transport Design.

This two-seater speed monster weighs around 2.6 tonnes and during the tests, it reached a top-speed of 218.38 miles per hour.

It can reach upto 60 miles per hour in just 4.4 seconds. It will come with a V12 twin turbo engine. This engine was prepared for 5.9 litres and tuned for 700 bhp. It will produce a torque 738 lb ft.
Re: Senate Moves To End ASUP Strike by brightk(m): 12:25am On Jul 08, 2013
kayusbrown:

abeg help me tell dat guy ooo..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Do A Change Of Course, While In University / UNIMAID Dental Student Dies 3 Days After Oath-taking (photo) / Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.