Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,973 members, 7,852,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:19 PM

Airlines To Compensate Passengers For Delayed Flights, Others. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Airlines To Compensate Passengers For Delayed Flights, Others. (8177 Views)

Arik Air Delays Passengers For 6Hours At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, Abuja / Airlines Will Now Compensate Passengers For Delay, Cancelled Flights - Minister / Ethiopian Airlines To Start Flights To Enugu Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airlines To Compensate Passengers For Delayed Flights, Others. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
and i was hoping aero was going to compensate me my money for that their strike early dis year. cry cry cry FG are dumb, i cant bliv dis rules were not there all dis while. so my money have enter missed call. i fill so depress now.just kissed N39,000 bye bye.annoying part they are saying august instead of them to start from dis recent one aero did to us.do you know how much they would have make in that 3weeks strike? Who own aero sef, is it Indians or Afghanistans.
Re: Airlines To Compensate Passengers For Delayed Flights, Others. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
Etihad delayed my flight from abu dhabi yesterday due to a technical fault with the plane we ought to board. We had to wait for a plane coming from india or pakistan which then brought us to lagos. In such situation, should the airline fly with a bad plane? This rule is good but not in all situations.
Re: Airlines To Compensate Passengers For Delayed Flights, Others. by factuallogik: 9:59am On Jul 08, 2013
jammyng: Etihad delayed my flight from abu dhabi yesterday due to a technical fault with the plane we ought to board. We had to wait for a plane coming from india or pakistan which then brought us to lagos. In such situation, should the airline fly with a bad plane? This rule is good but not in all situations.

When you pay for a ticket, you are paying for a service, in other words, you bestow your trust in the ability of an entity to provide a particular service, and this is done at a cost.

If for any reason , the entity fails to deliver, they are automatically responsible and automatically become liable for making amends to fix the mistake which in the case of an airline carrier could be some form of compensation or ticket cost refund.

In response to the last post, any inability of an air plane carrier to deliver a service that you have trusted them to deliver at a price automatically makes them liable for making amends.

There are reasons that customer rights exist ; in order to prevent big faceless organisations/ parastatals from taking advantage of customers
Re: Airlines To Compensate Passengers For Delayed Flights, Others. by Fajzay: 6:44pm On Jul 11, 2013
king arizona: In the implemented passenger bill of right, the NCAA should also add fine that should be paid by passengers that misses their flight!! That's all!!!

Olodo!! .. There is already a penalty for missing your flight. Its called no show fee!!!
Re: Airlines To Compensate Passengers For Delayed Flights, Others. by Fajzay: 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
googlepikin: and i was hoping aero was going to compensate me my money for that their strike early dis year. cry cry cry FG are dumb, i cant bliv dis rules were not there all dis while. so my money have enter missed call. i fill so depress now.just kissed N39,000 bye bye.annoying part they are saying august instead of them to start from dis recent one aero did to us.do you know how much they would have make in that 3weeks strike? Who own aero sef, is it Indians or Afghanistans.

You can request for a refund / rescheduling of flight. You won't loose ur 39K.
Re: Airlines To Compensate Passengers For Delayed Flights, Others. by ClarkeBarry: 7:28am On Apr 24, 2018
It was a great initiative by Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, and I would also like to add that any air passenger travelling from Nigeria to any European country with European regulated airline OR any passengers who are travelling from Europe to Nigeria with any airline is eligible to claim compensation from airlines if their flight gets delayed by more than 3 hours.

According to EC Regulation 261, if your flight delays by more than 3 hours; cancelled before prior notification of 14 days or if you were denied boarding due to overbooking then you are eligible to claim compensation up to 600€. You can refer flight delay compensation guide:https://www.claimflights.co.uk/flight-delay-compensation to know about your air passenger rights in more detail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Detailed Explanation Of ‘passenger Manifest’ & Its Importance / LASG Announces Traffic Diversion On Epe-Ijebu Ode Highway Today / Talk About Fiji Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.