Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) (28086 Views)

Tony Elumelu's Tweet On Fashola's Appointment / Check Out What Rochas Okorocha Did With The Photos He Took With Obama / Photos:Olusegun Obasanjo, Tony Elumelu With Vp Osibanjo in Abidjan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by kolexy(m): 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
awodman: When Elumelu retired from Standard Trust Bank,people whr like why the heck..but here he is proving sceptics wrong..breaking new grounds and chasing the likes of dangote...I wish him the best...

He did not resign, he was forced out of the Bank by Sanusi.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by BarneyStinlEsS(m): 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2013
elampiro: Hmmm.... The biggest capitalist. UBA enslaved its workers for years and didn't pay well until this year. Many contract staff used as cheap labour while those at the top high filled their pockets through policies which favoured only them. Greed!
Idiot how many pipo has d government employed or u.
I can never envy such people. He also can never be my role model.

If proper investigation where to be carried out and the public notified, such people will not receive any public praise.

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by oduz: 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2013
KUDOS Tony, keep the flag flying

The Land is Green cool
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Lasinoh: 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
Too bad. . . intelligence does not 'flow by osmosis or diffusion'. . . .NIGGER NA NIGGER! kiss
Monkey and baboon na de same? grin
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Adanyebe(m): 8:51pm On Jul 06, 2013
onye guy: Abeg make I ask oh. When Obama is planning for Nigeria tour?
in d ñext two agwuo market days
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
Thats my former CEO in UBA. So proud of you. If this guy is worth up to $2.5bn dollars in one project, why isnt he on Forbes list of Billionaires Intelligent guru!!!
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by chei: 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
okpara ugo: Thats my former CEO in UBA. So proud of you. If this guy is worth up to $2.5bn dollars in one project, why isnt he on Forbes list of Billionaires Intelligent guru!!!

You worked in a bank and you ask such a question?
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2013
elampiro: Hmmm.... The biggest capitalist. UBA enslaved its workers for years and didn't pay well until this year. Many contract staff used as cheap labour while those at the top high filled their pockets through policies which favoured only them. Greed!

I can never envy such people. He also can never be my role model.

If proper investigation where to be carried out and the public notified, such people will not receive any public praise.

Guy, there is no end to innovation. Innovate your career. You can be conttract staff today and CEO tomorrow. Most of UBA's Head of Banks back in the days were 3rd class degree holders.

I have learnt never to blame any man for my predicament except myself.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 06, 2013
chei:

You worked in a bank and you ask such a question?

Why shouldnt i ? If someone has $10bn in Swiss account, it doesnt guarantee him a place in forbes list if he doesnt have an identifiable source of income.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by elampiro(m): 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2013
okpara ugo:

Guy, there is no end to innovation. Innovate your career. You can be conttract staff today and CEO tomorrow. Most of UBA's Head of Banks back in the days were 3rd class degree holders.

I have learnt never to blame any man for my predicament except myself.

First, I am not a contract staff. I am only concerned about the way they enslave people.

Secondly, this is the problem with Nigeria. Everything goes. Where did Elumelu get money to buy into Transcorp heavily and also run his Heirs foundation or whatever they call it? I reserve my comment, but people should think. UBA was a public company and not for any individual.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by elampiro(m): 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
okpara ugo:

Why shouldnt i ? If someone has $10bn in Swiss account, it doesnt guarantee him a place in forbes list if he doesnt have an identifiable source of income.

Exactly my point. Working in a bank as a CEO doesn't guarantee one having all the billions of dollars in the world.

For many years UBA paid the some of the least salary, but reported some of the smallest profit despite being a lead bank. Why always those little end of year profit?
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by elampiro(m): 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2013
okpara ugo: Thats my former CEO in UBA. So proud of you. If this guy is worth up to $2.5bn dollars in one project, why isnt he on Forbes list of Billionaires Intelligent guru!!!

What exactly has he done that warrants him having $2.5b, even if that is all he has? CEO of STB and UBA?

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by ToluFel(m): 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2013
I have a dream that one day I will exceed Tony Elumelu in wealth and Honor
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Onyema1(m): 1:08am On Jul 07, 2013
Lol, I was actually at that site during the visit, the power plant belongs to my company Symbion Power LLC. I had a personal picture with the POTUS but will not upload it here for security reasons. The picture below shows the POTUS, the President of Tanzania and my CEO, Mr. Paul Hinks being led by Jane our plant tour guide.

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by Crisnite(m): 1:09am On Jul 07, 2013
chei: I heard he graduated with a 3rd class?
Una don start again!!!!!
Whr is ur SOURCE
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by owobaba201: 1:15am On Jul 07, 2013
HMNn!CABALISTIC TINZ;THEY ARE AL ENLIGHTENED,SRY I MIN ILLUMINATED(ILLUMINATI-TINZ).AND DIZ IS WAT MOST PPLE WANA EMULATE(MONY,POSITION,FAME).ITS GOOD BUT TINK 2CE PLZ CAUSE AL DAT GLITTERZ AINT GOLD.PRONTO!
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by deluxs1(m): 1:34am On Jul 07, 2013
I see someone is jealous of the guy's achievements.Mcheww
orgasticdance:
How exactly is he breaking new ground? By participating in photo-ops with celebrities who invariably have had more influence in the world than he can dream of? He was just another greedy resourceful banker, and a mighty big airhead only interested in the bottom line and not building a worldclass company such as GTB..next abeg
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by straneur(m): 6:29am On Jul 07, 2013
orgasticdance:
How exactly is he breaking new ground? By participating in photo-ops with celebrities who invariably have had more influence in the world than he can dream of? He was just another greedy resourceful banker, and a mighty big airhead only interested in the bottom line and not building a worldclass company such as GTB..next abeg

I beg to disagree that he is interested in the bottom line, Tony is an advocate of Africapitalism if you follow his work very well, he explained that Africa entrepreneurs/investors must take big risk by investing in Africa and building long term businesses that can help reduce unemployment rate and propel the continent to succeed.

And even told the likes of Bill Gates, advocate of creative capitalism, that charity donations can not help Africa but if they really want to help the African people they must invest in viable businesses here to help create more jobs and opportunities.

Although I still have issues with the long term disadvantage of Africapitalism because of it similarity to traditional capitalism both will enrich the investors/entrepreneurs in the long run but who knows he might have control measures for corporate greed lol
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by favinvest: 10:55am On Jul 07, 2013
If u read this post u will find 3 types of persons:-
(1) Those that complaining abt Tony these types cant b like Tony
(2) Those that against Tony action these types will always work for the types of Tony
(3) Those that are motivated by Tony these may likely b like Tony in the near future

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by straneur(m): 11:04am On Jul 07, 2013
favinvest: If u read this post u will find 3 types of persons:-
(2) Those that against Tony action these types will always work for the types of Tony
(3) Those that are motivated by Tony these may likely b like Tony in the near future

smiley lol..
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by elampiro(m): 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
favinvest: If u read this post u will find 3 types of persons:-

God put people in position to help others to a better life and not to enslave or exploit them for personal riches.

You appear to be carried away by motivational books you have read. Wake up and discuss reality. There is no way all these thousands of contract staff in the banks and oil company today can all suddenly be business owners if they are continuously being paid peanuts.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by favinvest: 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2013
@ elampiro

Am sorry if u still belong to those who still believe that u need money to make money. All u need is a well Packaged idea plus other peoples money plus God.

So u want to tell me that a peanut earning contract staff that has d cure to HIV-AIDs will not make it.
Men wake up and stop blaming others for ur struggles and failures to do d right thing ok.

I may be insulted in return because d average Nigerian hates d truth but likes blaming others for his failures.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by collinsobinna(m): 2:23pm On Jul 07, 2013
@ everyone: the money is a credit facility funding. Even dangote doesn't have that much cash,his assets are part of his net worth.cash he has now is in the 300m region while he is worth 20bn

Heirs holding borrowed to fund these things.so stop arguing whether he has the money or not,bankers here know what i m talking bout.if the power investment backfires,he will be in debt thru heirs holding. 2.5bn is not 2.5m pls.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by straneur(m): 3:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
collinsobinna: @ everyone: the money is a credit facility funding. Even dangote doesn't have that much cash,his assets are part of his net worth.cash he has now is in the 300m region while he is worth 20bn

Heirs holding borrowed to fund these things.so stop arguing whether he has the money or not,bankers here know what i m talking bout.if the power investment backfires,he will be in debt thru heirs holding. 2.5bn is not 2.5m pls.

Borrowed what? Entrepreneurs like Tony hardly borrow please, they package their ideas for like minded investors to avoid possible business risk. That is why it is called limited liability. So you are telling me if the business goes wrong his gonna be in debt? Yes with only his quota (share of the investment).

Bankers are not investment advisers...

1 Like

Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by elampiro(m): 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
favinvest: @ elampiro

Am sorry if u still belong to those who still believe that u need money to make money. All u need is a well Packaged idea plus other peoples money plus God.

So u want to tell me that a peanut earning contract staff that has d cure to HIV-AIDs will not make it.
Men wake up and stop blaming others for ur struggles and failures to do d right thing ok.

I may be insulted in return because d average Nigerian hates d truth but likes blaming others for his failures.

You assumed I am struggling. I am very okay for myself and doing well. I have trained four graduates who are not even my children. So you can now know that I am not speaking for my condition.

You have fallen into brainwash theories. No economy survives without middle class, exactly why America is struggling because their high paying jobs are gone. More and more contract jobs here and there.

Now tell me, all the motivational speak you have read and listened to what have they done for you? How has it lifted you family and extended family. Jobs are what create a middle class, and middle class makes the economy. Without middle class the private sector will be none existence.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by elampiro(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2013
collinsobinna: @ everyone: the money is a credit facility funding. Even dangote doesn't have that much cash,his assets are part of his net worth.cash he has now is in the 300m region while he is worth 20bn

You are not speaking like a banker or an accountant. You obviously cannot differentiate between asset and liability or capital. Write in clear professional terms to treat the topic well. Your post above is not informative for anyone to draw a line.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by straneur(m): 7:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
elampiro:

You are not speaking like a banker or an accountant. You obviously cannot differentiate between asset and liability or capital. Write in clear professional terms to treat the topic well. Your post above is not informative for anyone to draw a line.

Exactly..Imagine he said credit facility
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by elampiro(m): 7:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
straneur:

Exactly..Imagine he said credit facility

He is not totally wrong but he didn't explain it in a way to help readers understand what he was trying to say. The truth is that these people actually like loans. It is not a wrong thing to use loans to finance projects if done through best practice. Banks CEO are the number one loan takers. It was so high in the post consolidation era.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by collinsobinna(m): 7:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
@ elampiro: sir. I am only trying to say that the fund isn't necessarily his. Any other meaning s null and void.

@straneur:sir, credit facility is a business loan and could be term loan or revolving ...e.t.c I was only trying to say same thing as above,that the money isn't his and I appreciate his ingenuity but that he didnt invest his personal fund.pls dnt misunderstand or criticize me.we are only exchanging ideas and I value ur contributions thus far.thank you
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by collinsobinna(m): 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]@ elampiro: sir. I am only trying to say that the fund isn't necessarily his. Any other meaning s null and void.

@straneur:sir, credit facility is a business loan and could be term loan or revolving ...e.t.c I was only trying to say same thing as above,that the money isn't his and I appreciate his ingenuity but that he didnt invest his personal fund.pls dnt misunderstand or criticize me.we are only exchanging ideas and I value ur contributions thus far.thank you
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by elampiro(m): 8:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
collinsobinna: @ elampiro: sir. I am only trying to say that the fund isn't necessarily his. Any other meaning s null and void.

Elumelu has a big personal financial investment in all these companies. His money there is huge.
Re: Tony Elumelu With Obama, Warren Buffet, U2 & Danald Kaberuka (Pictures) by straneur(m): 8:16pm On Jul 07, 2013
elampiro:

He is not totally wrong but he didn't explain it in a way to help readers understand what he was trying to say. The truth is that these people actually like loans. It is not a wrong thing to use loans to finance projects if done through best practice.

Sir, the loan is not an issue that is why I said it will only affect his investment stake in heir holding if anything goes wrong because Tony is just a front runner for group of entrepreneurs/investors, just like Warren Buffet is to berkshire hathaway. They are putting together their resources to purchase substantial properties and invest in capital projects across Africa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sani Bello Wears NYSC Uniform At NYSC Camp (Photos) / Lawan To Uwais: 'Your reaction to our comment is baseless’ / Justice Mary Odili To Become No 2 At Supreme Court, But May Never Be CJN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.