Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? (4505 Views)

Photo: Who Is Your Best President So Far? / Police Operational Apparatus In The South Western Nigeria / Obasanjo Wants To Make Buhari President So That He'll Die In Office - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by akpomeme(m): 5:41am On Jul 06, 2013
Growing up in Lagos, I was thought manners by my parents and instructed to extend good regards to our Neigbours, friends and elders. My parents admired the Yoruba culture where the best virtues are supposedly inculcated in children.
Sadly, haven joined nairaland a while back, I have noticed elements from south west are abusive and arrogant. Every minute a thing is written about Mr. President, be it good or bad, they insult him. The question is: what does this say about the up bringing of these crop of young people? Have the western culture kick in so hard that we have lost our sense of moral virtues? Nigeria most admired culture for respect for elders is losing its grip on the young generation.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by cjrane: 5:58am On Jul 06, 2013
May be its just their natural trait to abuse people? grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by 234GT(m): 6:20am On Jul 06, 2013
Why is the president disappointing South-Western Nigerians so much?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by otokx(m): 6:28am On Jul 06, 2013
Me dunno o.
Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by highlandre(m): 7:03am On Jul 06, 2013
The truth is people from South West are the most objective people in the polity. The Yorubas condemned Obasanjo as president more than any other tribe in this country, yet he's their kinsman.

I think if Nigerians can look beyond the issues of tribe and religion in viewing and assessing our leaders, by praising good governance and condemning corruption and bad leadership among our leaders, our society would be the better for it.

35 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by sesanrota(m): 7:06am On Jul 06, 2013
Bro, you took the words out of my mouth...Gbam.

highlandre: The truth is people from South West are the most objective people in the polity. The Yorubas condemned Obasanjo as president more than any other tribe in this country, yet he's their kinsman.

I think if Nigerians can look beyond the issue of tribe and religion in viewing and assessing our leaders by praising good governance and condemning corruption and bad leadership among our leaders, our society would be the better for it.
Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 06, 2013
highlandre: The truth is people from South West are the most objective people in the polity. The Yorubas condemned Obasanjo as president more than any other tribe in this country, yet he's their kinsman.

I think if Nigerians can look beyond the issues of tribe and religion in viewing and assessing our leaders, by praising good governance and condemning corruption and bad leadership among our leaders, our society would be the better for it.
Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by Tolexander: 7:12am On Jul 06, 2013
I believe your parents have succeeded in teaching you nothing since you can't recognise the fact that we are all human with different views!
Imagine this from a man whose parent taught how to respect leaders!
akpomeme:
Lazy dirty northern kings
grin grin grin grin grin all the money wen una don steal, wetin una take am do? almajiris everywhere, terrorist everywhere in the north because a hungry man is an anrgy man angry angry Kings of the north, how well have you govern your people. Your father is probably one of the kings thieves from the north

7 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by rapheaders: 7:12am On Jul 06, 2013
why don't use ask also why yorubas were the onces that untie gej from turai apron and why we are the greatest critics of obj. all this our son comrades should just stfu and prepare for the exit of their drunken fisherman son from the presidency.

18 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by Danhumprey: 7:16am On Jul 06, 2013
They are more objective and constructive in their criticism. They don't encourage executive recklessness or stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by sleekdot(m): 7:18am On Jul 06, 2013
The SW was also the region that went out to protest against the cabal to install Jonathan as President when other regions looked the other way

5 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by dridowu: 7:52am On Jul 06, 2013
SW are not coward
SW are not hypocrite
SW are not afraid
SW are leaders
SW respect the opinion of others
SW do the will of Followers
SW give room for dialogue
SW gives encourage each other
SW dont back bite
SW are Muslim , Christain and Traditonalist , yet they are ONE
SW are in different party yet they speak in one voice
SW listen to the voice of leaders
SW respect each other including neigbhours
SW ARE UNITED
SW DONT ABUSE
GOD BLESS SOUTH WEST OF NIGERIA
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
SW deals with issue logically and legally

12 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by 6Willywilly: 8:00am On Jul 06, 2013
Danhumprey: They are more objective and constructive in their criticism. They don't encourage executive recklessness or stupidity.
But Yorubas institutionalized corruption in Nigeria
Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 06, 2013
Really? Seriously? I laugh in ibibio.

6Willywilly:
Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 06, 2013
6Willywilly:
How did Yoruba ''Institutionalized Corruption '' ?
Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by akpomeme(m): 8:19am On Jul 06, 2013
Danhumprey: They are more objective and constructive in their criticism. They don't encourage executive recklessness or stupidity.

Criticism is good when it is constructive. I am talking about referring to your president your father's mate as a retardeen!!!! Is that criticism? Is that constructive!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by 6Willywilly: 8:19am On Jul 06, 2013
donroxy: How did Yoruba ''Institutionalized Corruption '' ?
check your history
Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by akpomeme(m): 8:21am On Jul 06, 2013
Tolexander: I believe your parents have succeeded in teaching you nothing since you can't recognise the fact that we are all human with different views!

Your parents thought you to insult your elders!!!! Is it? Your parent thought you recklessness as a way of expressing your views!!! Your parents have indeed done a great job.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 06, 2013
Prove your allegations.
6Willywilly:
check your history
Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by 6Willywilly: 8:24am On Jul 06, 2013
akpomeme:
Your parents thought you to insult your elders!!!! Is it? Your parent thought you recklessness as a way of expressing your views!!! Your parents have indeed done a great job.
Don't you know that their parent though them also how to go to Babalawo and do Juju

1 Like

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by 6Willywilly: 8:26am On Jul 06, 2013
smartchoice: Prove your allegations.
Don't you have eye and ears, Are you that blind, Are u not a Nigerian?
Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:26am On Jul 06, 2013

^^
Dude, intelligence is a virtue, a gift, u shld thank God for it. Unlike d fool below this comment
cjrane: May be its just their natural trait to abuse people? grin grin grin grin
and we kmw it is their type that wakes their dad from the mat with a sliding tackle!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by akpomeme(m): 8:28am On Jul 06, 2013
Don't twist the point here. Insulting people is different from criticizing them. For the sake of argument, if I want to criticize Tinubu, I will put it this way; I admire Tinubu's political tenacity and how he has fought many battles on many fronts with outstanding successes, however, what worries me is that he may be pushing his luck too far with the people of Lagos state due to is huge appetite for power and money.

Now that is criticism.... You don't insult insult and insult an individual in the name of criticism.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 06, 2013
You're yet to prove your allegations that the Yoruba institutionalized corruption in Nigeria!

6Willywilly:
Don't you have eye and ears, Are you that blind, Are u not a Nigerian?
Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:34am On Jul 06, 2013
dridowu: SW are not coward
SW are not hypocrite
SW are not afraid
SW are leaders
SW respect the opinion of others
SW do the will of Followers
SW give room for dialogue
SW gives encourage each other
SW dont back bite
SW are Muslim , Christain and Traditonalist , yet they are ONE
SW are in different party yet they speak in one voice
SW listen to the voice of leaders
SW respect each other including neigbhours
SW ARE UNITED
SW DONT ABUSE
GOD BLESS SOUTH WEST OF NIGERIA
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
SW deals with issue logically and legally
i really love ur last statement. So true.

Let me pass a little more message to our arrogant gorillas!

At least, we dnt go abt with chest beating arrogance. We dnt boast of being violent. We dnt call for war and blood.

We dnt kidnap our elders and ask for ransome.

We dnt bomb others, we dnt threaten the president to release culprits or we blow d pipelines! We are not a threat to the nation.

We are not cry babies:

We will deal with u with what u dnt av, and allow u deal with urself with wot u tot u av.

We will use ur violence against u, intelligently and logically!!!

9 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by Brimmie(m): 8:40am On Jul 06, 2013
[size=40] Because GEJ Betrayed Them! Meanwhile, SouthWest Dnt Abuse!! [/size]
Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by akpomeme(m): 8:40am On Jul 06, 2013
SLIDE waxie: i really love ur last statement. So true.

At least, we dnt go abt with chest beating arrogance. We dnt boast of being violent. We dnt call for war and blood.

We dnt bomb others, we dnt threaten the president to release culprits or we blow d pipelines! We are not a threat to the nation.

We are not cry babies:

We will deal with u with what u dnt av, and allow u deal with urself with wot u tot u av.

How intelligent is it to call your father's mate a retard? This is what is being discussed. Don't be a coward now and answer that one question.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by akpomeme(m): 8:42am On Jul 06, 2013
Brimmie: [size=40] Because GEJ Betrayed Them! Meanwhile, SouthWest Dnt Abuse!! [/size]
Betrayed south west in what sense? So the elders of south west sent forth their sons to abuse their father's mate as a retardeen ?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by Itoroetti(m): 8:42am On Jul 06, 2013
[quote author=highlandre]The truth is people from South West are the most objective people in the polity. The Yorubas condemned Obasanjo as president more than any other tribe in this country, yet he's their kinsman.

With ur post as stated,is it now justifiable to call ur president,"a retardd"?
Can't u show ur displeasure about governance with poiint and fact?
I only think people offer what they have.a person that insult the leader of his community,country,etc must be someone that might have insulted the parent over and over again and some might have even bin curse by their parent.
U can't just wake up and start insulting people when it is not part of u.

1 Like

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by 6Willywilly: 8:44am On Jul 06, 2013
smartchoice: You're yet to prove your allegations that the Yoruba institutionalized corruption in Nigeria!
Smartchoice, if i go in more details how Yorubas institutionalized Corruption, Ban masters are going to Ban me or delete it, check for the last 45yrs how a section of this country conspired with their Northern counterparts descended on Nigeria Coffers and Looted everything. Jonathan was not there then

1 Like

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by Itoroetti(m): 8:46am On Jul 06, 2013

I can see how they don't encourage stupidity through tinubu,fashola,remi tinubu,saraki,etc.
U can only decieve few people and maybe urself but not the majority

3 Likes

Re: Why Do South Western Nigerians Abuse The President So Much? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 06, 2013
SLIDE waxie: i really love ur last statement. So true.

We are not cry babies:

+100000000 LIKES

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wholesale Burberry,coogi,discount Air Max Shoes,aaa Quality Ed Hardy Clothing / France Practically Forced GEJ To Allow Chadian Forces To Fight Boko Haram. PIX / Africa's First Ever Armed Drone Attack In Video(a Nigerian Airforce Ch-3 Drone)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.