Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari (1469 Views)

Nigeria’ll Disintegrate If Uwazuruike Is Arrested – MASSOB / No Part Of Nigeria’ll Be Used As Experimental Terror State –FG / If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by spywareczar(m): 10:23am On Jul 06, 2013
Three time Presidential candidate, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), has warned political leaders in the country to take a cue from what happened in Egypt a few days ago.
Egyptian President, Mr. Mohammed Morsi, was on Thursday overthrown by the country’s military after days of protest near the Presidential Palace.
Speaking at the public presentation of two books by Malam Nuhu Ramalan, Head of Political Science Department of the Federal College of Education (FCE), Zaria, the former Head of State said:
“I encourage young men to buy the books to know their history. Although I know history would keep on repeating itself, as it (has) just been in Egypt. Nigeria would not be an exception, andby the way we are going only God knows where we are going to end up, but I hope we would end up well”.
The Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) leader also vowed to remain in active politics despite the fact that he “ended from the Head of State to a prisoner of sort that did not stop me to attempt to get back through the other means; that is politics. And after three unsuccessful attempts, I refused to give up. I tried to, but my supporters wouldn’t support my throwing in the towel. So, I intend to fight on in spite the challenges.”
Commenting on the books, ‘Nigerian Military in Politics; 1966 to 2011 and Politics of Transition to Civil Rule; 1966to 1999’, General Buhari recalled that when he was Head of State, he encouraged young intellectuals and even brought some of them on board; a move that saw the emergence of Ibrahim Gambari as foreign minister.
Buhari said “the deterioration of the culture caused the lack of accountability in the system, and it has now gone absolutely wide. When the military and the political leadership came, they were so corrupt and they destroyed these institutions.”
While quoting Obama as saying that African countries are bedeviled with problem of strong leaders and institutions, Buhari said “Paradoxically, in Nigeria it is the strong leaders that destroy the strong institutions by corruption and laziness of some sort.”

http://www.informationng.com/2013/07/if-cares-not-taken-nigeriall-go-the-way-of-egypt-says-buhari.html
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by ckkris: 10:35am On Jul 06, 2013
spywareczar:

in Nigeria it is the strong leaders that destroy the strong institutions by corruption and laziness of some sort.”

http://www.informationng.com/2013/07/if-cares-not-taken-nigeriall-go-the-way-of-egypt-says-buhari.html
President Obama was referring to General Buhari, Morsi, Idi Amin, Gadaffi, el al.

2 Likes

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Abuklaw(m): 10:47am On Jul 06, 2013
We will only chase away this failed administration through the ballot box come 2015 and not the violent way.
(second to comment)
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Brimmie(m): 10:56am On Jul 06, 2013
ckkris: President Obama was referring to General Buhari, Morsi, Idi Amin, Gadaffi, el al.

Funny how ppl expext Morsi to change Egypt in one year!?

Gadaffi was a good man!! His country nw knw what they killed!!

Buhari? LOL, Boy, Buhari has good intention for Nigerians!! And US is just playing to have a retard on their side!!

Come 2015!! Even US Cant Decide or Predict Shi' For Us!!

1 Like

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by edoyad(m): 10:59am On Jul 06, 2013
May be Katsina and all the poorly literate areas where he is a local champion would do so. But the Nigeria I am a part of, experiencing growth in manufacturing, trade, education and technology would definitely not.
I believe even troubled autonomous Chechnya is still part booming Russia abi?

8 Likes

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by shereef19: 11:16am On Jul 06, 2013
Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other
country except Nigeria, We have been suffering
in silence while our Leaders put our future in
their bank accounts. How can we remain like
this? How can a youth go to school and suffered
to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40
and still your future is as bleak as a dark room.
Did your parents send you to school to sit at
home because our Government have failed us.
Let us come out one day and say No. We must
not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to
find a better life, our better life is here in our
country. We have the money, oil and resources
but only a selected few have continue to suck it
dry why we keep believing God for a change,
wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000
youths in each of the 36states to challenge the
Government. We say NO, we need rebuild this
nation, we will vacate those who stand on our
way as they are considered the enemy. A man
cannot have billions of naira while millions of
youths roam the streets every day looking for
daily bread. Our young men must not all be
kidnappers, our young girls must not all be
prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has
come for us to react, the only way our
Government listens is violence, they have shown
it to the Niger delta militants and now they are
planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a
simple gesture of N20,000 per month to the
unemployed was rejected and you pay militants
N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as
minimum wage? How much do they pay to
elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria
will burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq,
Egypt and Tunisia...please spread this message
unless you want to die in poverty in a country
where God has destined all of us to be happy and
prosperous...!!!pls join the group on facebook
tagged "nigerian youths movement for
revolution" Pls send this msg to all ur forum,
groups on facebook, 2go, whatsapp, twitter, and
social messengers, cos anytin can happen o!!!
The time is right for us all to say no bad
governance who take the youths for grante
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Rossikk(m): 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
Buhari go and eat shiit.

3 Likes

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by gramci: 1:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
This man should stop talking. It's obvious only poo drops from his mouth

3 Likes

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by kufre2010: 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
One thing i'm sure is that you cannot give what u don't have. We know that buhari is an embodiment of violence and extremist. That is why anytime he open his mouth he is calling for violence. Because he killed to placed himself in power he is now calling on others to follow suit. Can somebody tell Buhari to retire to his house and enjoy his blood oh sorry his loots.

5 Likes

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by homesteady(m): 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
shereef19: Nigerian Youths wake up, We have no other
country except Nigeria, We have been suffering
in silence while our Leaders put our future in
their bank accounts. How can we remain like
this? How can a youth go to school and suffered
to graduate at the end no job. You are almost 40
and still your future is as bleak as a dark room.
Did your parents send you to school to sit at
home because our Government have failed us.
Let us come out one day and say No. We must
not remain like this, we cannot all travel abroad to
find a better life, our better life is here in our
country. We have the money, oil and resources
but only a selected few have continue to suck it
dry why we keep believing God for a change,
wake up now I challenge you. We need 500,000
youths in each of the 36states to challenge the
Government. We say NO, we need rebuild this
nation, we will vacate those who stand on our
way as they are considered the enemy. A man
cannot have billions of naira while millions of
youths roam the streets every day looking for
daily bread. Our young men must not all be
kidnappers, our young girls must not all be
prostitutes. Get Ready I tell you. The time has
come for us to react, the only way our
Government listens is violence, they have shown
it to the Niger delta militants and now they are
planning to show it to the boko haram..whereas a
simple gesture of N20,000 per month to the
unemployed was rejected and you pay militants
N75,000 per month. How much do they pay as
minimum wage? How much do they pay to
elected officers, we are going to revolt. Nigeria
will burn to be rebuilt again like Libya, Iraq,
Egypt and Tunisia...please spread this message
unless you want to die in poverty in a country
where God has destined all of us to be happy and
prosperous...!!!pls join the group on facebook
tagged "nigerian youths movement for
revolution" Pls send this msg to all ur forum,
groups on facebook, 2go, whatsapp, twitter, and
social messengers, cos anytin can happen o!!!
The time is right for us all to say no bad
governance who take the youths for grante

Hey you!! Stop posting this your crap on different threads!!

3 Likes

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by McLuhan(m): 2:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
Nigeria desperately needs a change but, judging by his antecedents, Buhari is not and cannot be the agent of that change - at least not the kind of change Nigeria needs. Let's look elsewhere, thank you.

1 Like

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by AbuMikey(m): 2:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
All these are rubbish!!!
Vote Abu Mikey for President and I promise to:-
1)Change every refinery to Brewery
2)Make every Friday holiday
3)Make sure everybody are always "jolloricing" and "Stewricing"
4)Give all the un-married youngmen two wives each!
5)Share national cake equally
Most Importantly
1)Create jobs on our farmlands
2)Construct good roads
3)Enhance the ICT level of the nation
4)Provide 1000Megawatts of electricty every 6months for the nation!
5)Kill the likes of "Bruhaha,Ota farm owner,Badamosi,Farlook,Markus, and their cohorts!!

2 Likes

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Cashio(m): 2:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
If that care to be taken is electing u president come 2015,then i better start packing my loads to egypt right away.
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by ckkris: 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
Brimmie:

Funny how ppl expext Morsi to change Egypt in one year!?

Morsi made a DECREE that the Supreme Court CANNOT hear petitions against his Presidential actions. Thats why they call him Pharao. And Gen Buhari is in the same frame of mind as Gadaffi and Morsi.
As for 2015, do you realise that no one in Nigeria has a monopoly of violence? Anyway Jona will win.

1 Like

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by takedat(m): 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
ckkris: Morsi made a DECREE that the Supreme Court CANNOT hear petitions against his Presidential actions. Thats why they call him Pharao. And Gen Buhari is in the same frame of mind as Gadaffi and Morsi.
As for 2015, do you realise that no one in Nigeria has a monopoly of violence? Anyway Jona will win.
You are not up to date. Morsi eventually rescinded the decree, and how come the Supreme court judges who are bastion of the former dictatorial establishment are made to look like proponents of the rule of law?

@Topic, who will lead the revolutionary vanguard in Nigeria?
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by anonimi: 3:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
At least there is one similarity:

Morsi came with his Muslim Brotherhood and Sharia plans, which the secular state of Egypt rejected and kicked him out.
If, remotely any Sharia proponent tries to implement their laws over Nigeria then indeed we will kick the impostor out, InshaAllah.

On that level Ayatollah Buhari is right and I whole heartedly agree with him.
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by HezronLorraine(m): 4:09pm On Jul 06, 2013
Abu Mikey: All these are rubbish!!!
Vote Abu Mikey for President and I promise to:-
1)Change every refinery to Brewery
2)Make every Friday holiday
3)Make sure everybody are always "jolloricing" and "Stewricing"
4)Give all the un-married youngmen two wives each!
5)Share national cake equally
Most Importantly
1)Create jobs on our farmlands
2)Construct good roads
3)Enhance the ICT level of the nation
4)Provide 1000Megawatts of electricty every 6months for the nation!
5)Kill the likes of "Bruhaha,Ota farm owner,Badamosi,Farlook,Markus, and their cohorts!!
I like th last No5 most.
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by flobby57(m): 4:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
I think GMB is getting too too desperate to be a civilian president of our dear country Nigeria his views, , opinions, and utterances shows desperation to rule but he is neither saint nor perfectionist trust me everyone if GMB is fortunate to become APC flagbearer in 2015 presidential election his government will be worse more than previous administrations aside his age, GMB do not convince me as an intelligent and astute reformer my brothers and sisters the trend of corruption, greed and lust of mundane materials is part of 99% of us in oyr country whoever emerges as president would definitely be surrounded by treasury devourers that needs property in every part of the world not minding the downtrodden they are governing .

1 Like

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by ckkris: 4:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
take dat:

Morsi eventually rescinded the decree,

For making such a DECREE at all, Morsi has more sinister intentions. So does Gen Ayatolla Morsi Buharam. And he is giving the Hausa/fulani a bad name.
Please lead the revolutionary vanguard, but begin in your village, and get a taste of Nigeria's Armed Forces. Nigerian officers at NDA & Jaji have studied how one of their best, CK Nzeogwu, was misled by the opposition, and wasted FOR NOTHING. Has ten percenters stopped, or rather multiplied to 100 percenters? They won't try it again, but when they do its to loot, and loot, and loot.

1 Like

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by mike404(m): 5:44pm On Jul 06, 2013
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by gramci: 5:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
take dat: You are not up to date. Morsi eventually rescinded the decree, and how come the Supreme court judges who are bastion of the former dictatorial establishment are made to look like proponents of the rule of law?

lead the way, am sure your fellow bigots will follow you.
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by sanandreas(m): 5:53pm On Jul 06, 2013
Say no to violence
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by taharqa2: 5:56pm On Jul 06, 2013
take dat: You are not up to date. Morsi eventually rescinded the decree, and how come the Supreme court judges who are bastion of the former dictatorial establishment are made to look like proponents of the rule of law?

YOU na...We are waiting for you to lead d way o; then we go follow..

1 Like

Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by takedat(m): 6:12pm On Jul 06, 2013
taharqa2: YOU na...We are waiting for you to lead d way o; then we go follow..
Even if the other r€tards who quoted my post have problems with comprehension, but you?

Who will lead the revolutionary vanguard? Its a question directed at those clamoring for revolution(Egyptian experiment) in Nigeria! Check my posts on the ousting of Morsi, I was among those who opposed the rule of mob!
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Temismith(f): 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2013
Hehehehe! grin Buhari ko, turari ni! undecided
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by taharqa2: 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
take dat: Even if the other r€tards who quoted my post have problems with comprehension, but you?

Who will lead the revolutionary vanguard? Its a question directed at those clamoring for revolution(Egyptian experiment) in Nigeria! Check my posts on the ousting of Morsi, I was among those who opposed the rule of mob!
Guy ehmm, chilax. Na joke o... I already knew of ya position on dis..
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
Buhari,
please let it be this year.
So I can have Biafra this year.

Nonsense
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Itoroetti(m): 8:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
We I see people like buhari uttered this sort of rubbish,I do asked myself,is this kind of people worth bin a leader?
This is the same man that over throw shagari and later alleging that shagari's government was filled with corruption whereas he's more corrupt than the one he accused.
This same man kept malice for over 25years with ibb for over throwing his government.
This same man killed innocent youth for crime we are not so sure the committed.
This same man never allowed the press to have freedom as they do now.
Buhari,whenever u wish to say a word,look at ur past.
Re: If Care’s Not Taken, Nigeria’ll Go The Way Of Egypt, Says Buhari by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
First of all, was their any event like this in fce zaria? Now if yes, then this statement has indict him
Buhari said “the deterioration of the culture caused the lack of accountability in the system, and it has now gone absolutely wide. When the military and the political leadership came, they were so corrupt and they destroyed these institutions.”

(1) (Reply)

2015: It’s Buhari Or Nothing – Senator / Lasu Hospital In Shambles: Fasola Is Working / Anambra 2013 - Prophet Predicts Victory For Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.